main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Sketchbook of Corellian_Rogue... MWUAHAHA! Just when you thought you'd got rid of me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Rogue, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your drawing and inking are fantastic, real professional quality stuff.

2. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    00ooooo Dark, angsty and poke-ie! I love the smudging and just, darkness of the pieces, esp. the first one. GREATwork! ^_^

3. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    *dies from the sheer amount of comments and nice people here* Thank you ALL so very very much!

Corran_Fett I'm glad you see him all now! Thanks for the colour suggestions, I'l definitely keep them in mind. :)

Obi_Dawn I'm happy to share them with anyone who will look! :) But don't we all. I thank YOU all for being so supportive and kindly commenting such helpful (and uplifting) things. Regarding the linework, I get annoyed with myself for using too many lines and confusing things. I'm working on being confident to use only one line where I currently use about ten!

FalconFan Oh no! You have found out my secret plan all along. Blaster pistols at dawn! *hopes you've read the X-wing series to get that otherwise the joke will be about as good as my vomit joke* :D

Darth Zemog Thanks heaps for the compliments!

Esira No don't hang them up! Your work is wonderful! But I must admit I felt the same when I saw Wick's work (except it was my graphic tablet pen! :p )

WickSwampy, great descriptor! :D I imagine he'd live in a swamp/marsh so maybe thanks where it came from? The cropping would have been more severe except I altered the lineart (which was really annoying!) to give me more Kit. Even this makes me a little scared, I usually don't jump in the deep end like this. Thanks for stopping in!

soitscometothis, Kenu Thanks for commenting and prodding my ego! I won't be able to fit through the door at this rate, you're all so kind!

4. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    I just completed a quick sketch of a Sith so I may as well post it here as well. After looking through some work on Deviantart and through these boards as well I decided I would try my hand at the rough, painterly, uber quick sketch style illustration. This is my result:

Sith Happens

Please tell me what you think and what you get from it. Thanks! :D

5. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Very cool. The elongated nose-guard piece makes me think he has some sort of mechanical thing going on. He's got a bit of a vacant expression... he seems definitely more like a servant than a master to me; a being who obeys the will of another.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    **hides from C_R under the nearest supply shuttle...**

LOL! No, I haven't read the "X-Wing" novels, but I hear they're super-cool--I'll hide, though, because I probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a snugly-spaced howitzer--"blasters at dawn" would be the end of me for sure!! [face_laugh]

I really like the mood of this last painting--I guess, for me, the coloring on his face suggested a tattoo or brand of some sort, ala Darth Maul, but artificial... The anatomy is beautifully rendered (and suggested, by the deep red shadows from the saber), and the colors are perfectly suited to a Sith--I think I'm going to have to agree with wick on his expression, though: giving him a more sinister, narrow-eyed glare might make him appear more "Sithly." I really like the pose he's in here--sort of loose, but with a contained kinetic power (evidenced in the coiled muscles in his arm) that suggests he's ready to fight now if you give him the slightest provokation. Very nice--you said you did this quickly--how long did it actually take? You "speedy" people make me gnash my teeth! ;) :D

FF

7. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    That was a "quick" sketch? I'd hate to see something you took weeks doing! [face_laugh]

Very nice! :D

8. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks for the wonderful comments yet again! :D

Wick Good point. He's kind of got that mind controlled look doesn't he! :p But maybe that could be what he is...there's no definite character description here so he can be whatever he wants to really. Maybe a partial mechanical guy that doesn't ever show emotion...that part of his character could be missing?

Falcon Tee hee! I guess you can't bullseye womp rats in your T-16 then either? :D Oh and as if I would kill you, your comments are too good and too nice, I'd miss them too much!
    This whole thing from starting strokes to finish took about an hour and twenty minutes, give or take a tea break and toilet stop! There are some bits that annoy me but I know if I touch it again I'll end up spending two hours on it which was not the point of the exercise. :) I'm sure you understand.

Daughter Thanks! I tend to do a lot of small work in the lead up to a big piece so keep an eye out. I'm thinking of an emotional piece of a Jedi father and son about to be killed during Anakin's rampage in the Temple. Something along those lines. What do you think? :)

9. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    C_R: the Sith looks very cool :D - for a quick sketch totally amazing ;)

Keep it up, girl! I 'm still waiting for your colored Togo... :p

10. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Geez, I still can't believe how quick you were able to do that. I don't know how you people do it.

"I decided I would try my hand at the rough, painterly, uber quick sketch style illustration. This is my result"

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that you pulled it off exceedingly well on your first try. :) Upon looking at him, I immediately thought "soldier" because - *steals wicktone's description* - 'The elongated nose-guard' piece reminds me of a knight's helmet.

"I'm thinking of an emotional piece of a Jedi father and son about to be killed during Anakin's rampage in the Temple. Something along those lines. What do you think? "

Talk about pulling on the heart strings! That's an amazing idea, one of which I'm certain you'll pull off very well, if you decide to do it...which I hope you do. ^_^

- Suz ^_~

11. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I hope you didn't think I was implying it was a bad thing! I tend to think of Darth Maul the same way... he doesn't really exert his own will on anyone, just the will of his master.

12. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I really like these pieces, they're all nice and moody and have wonderfully muted palettes. I especially like the Kit Fisto one, just 'cuz he's a personal favorite. ALthough had he appeared that way in the movie, I'd have been calling him "the dreadlocked Crow Jedi."

"Kit Fisto and Friend"... sounds like a children's PBS show to me. Hmm, I'd better get on the phone with my local affiliate! I predict huge bank in this :p

13. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    I hope you didn't think I was implying it was a bad thing! I tend to think of Darth Maul the same way... he doesn't really exert his own will on anyone, just the will of his master.

No not at all. But when I looked at the image again, I realised that I saw that too. So I thank you! :) Think of him as a tool of his master....wow, that didn't sound so good! ;)

Darth Snuggle No! You stole my concept... I was going to have Big Chewie and Little Chewie too. And Old republic, Empire and Rebel symbol shaped windows too. :D "What's behind the Empire window? A severed hand!" :eek: Oh and the Death Star shaped clock too.

14. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Ooh, nice lighting! I like the flowing brush strokes too, really nice! :D
    He reminds me of Darth Malak a bit actually, I think its the shape of the head!
    Its really beutiful, especially for a really quick sketch! :p

15. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks Esira! :D It does look a little like our friend Maul doesn't it? :)

Oh and I've sketched up a few new images so they should be on display here in the next few days. :D

16. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    Your work is beautiful. It's so well detailed. You put alot of work into each piece haven't you? I do like that piece of Kit you posted, and your other drawings scared me.*laughs* Thier not bad , the creatures just scare me so I guess you did a good job then if they were meant to be scary..;) Nice work though. I'll try and check in when I can, and if I remember.

17. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Esira My bad...I meant to write Malak but Maul appeared. :p I think a had a slight brain malfunction.

Spin Thanks for taking the time to check in here! :D Your comments were lovely and very appreciated. Oh and I understand with the Vong scaring you...they do the same to me sometimes too! :)

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...your new piece reminds me so much of wicktone's style whether that was intentional or not. I think it's the way you used the colors and the very strong shadows all throughout it. It really helps to generate emotion and helps the viewers connect to the work.

The figure himself does remind me a little bit of Darth Maul - the way you did the facial features and of course, the red lightsaber. Overall, excellent job on everything with this one. I really like it! :D

19. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    HanSolo I did draw a bit of inspiration from Wick's work. I wanted to try his style of fast paced, very fluid and wonderful technique. I have ages and ages to go before I can master it as he does but I must admit it was a heap of fun to limit the amount of time allowed for an image. Made me get my butt into gear! :D Thanks for your kind words!

Oh and here's something I knocked up between the hours of 2 A.M (yes that's am) and 4 A.M. :) My only ref was a quick drawing of Lauren Hill while watching Rage! (a music video program in the mornings on weekends). I'm really really pleased with how it came out.

Oh and I find it extremely funny that just as Wick puts up a female portrait, I do too. I claim freaky co-incidence okay!

Asajj

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's lovely. I really like the smoothness of her skin and nice job on her ear!

21. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Must be a psychic connection...

This is beautiful, Correllian_Rogue! It has a very solid mass to the head, and the over the shoulder composition is great. Lovely details... the tear in particular adds a whole dimension of storytelling to the image. It's very much a new look into Asaaj; it makes me reconsider her character a bit.

22. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks Obi-Dawn! :) I'm not too happy with how everything turned out now that I look at it again.

This is beautiful, Correllian_Rogue! It has a very solid mass to the head, and the over the shoulder composition is great. Lovely details... the tear in particular adds a whole dimension of storytelling to the image. It's very much a new look into Asaaj; it makes me reconsider her character a bit

That's what I was hoping to do Wick. I had a read a little descrip of her and she struck me that she hadn't always been this purely evil, jedi killing machine. Her master (I think) was killed and this made her turn against the Jedi as they offered no help. She would have been hurt deeply by this betrayal and her sorrow would have consumed her. I just wanted to show a side of her people don't show very often. :) I'm glad this made you reconsider her, that's the nicest thing you could have said!

23. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    OMG, this is sooo beautiful!! I just love the way you've shadowed her face, and given her that almost sorrowful expression! This is a lot like that screenshot of Anakin I love so much, with the tear streaking his face as he falls completely...it has that same emotional feel. Poignant--sad. The "volume" of the portrait is beautiful--and the subtle shading over her naked scalp really gives her head a wonderful realism. Just wonderful, C_R!!

FF

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, awesome job as always, Corellian_Rogue! The rendering here is just beautiful. You really managed to capture a lot of emotion with this piece. :D

25. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    The new piece looks great Corellian_Rogue! Definitely a different side of Ventress.

Is it wrong that a part of me finds Asajj kinda hot? Especially in that "Obsession" miniseries ad in the comic books? Hmm, wasn't "Obsession" the name of a perfume? Asajj... "Obsession" perfume ad... I think I've found my next piece of fanart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.