main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Me three! I love interviews! :D I can lend a hand, if need be, just let me know.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, here's what happened with the Interviews: [face_blush] I started them, but DRL got crazy and I couldn't keep up with them and the L/M Index. Bri expressed an interest in hosting the interviews, but we never got together with the info - which was totally my fault - and then I lost the sign-up list and questions when my PC crashed. I still have the photobucket link for the Interview button, but that's it. :(

So, I guess we're back to square one, unless Gabri still has that wonderful list of questions. [face_batting]

You still interested, Bri? Or do you want to pass or assemble a team? [face_peace]

(I'll have to bow out on this one, as my e-plate has gotten pretty full.)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    If Bri or anyone wants to assemble a team, I'd be tickled to pitch in--not with webmasterish type stuff, ;) but anything else. :D :D :D

Trace: *wriggle!!* Would that e-plate happen to contain a Circle sequel? [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :)

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I'd love to see a revival of SJRS interviews as well. If extra hands are needed to help, please count me in, too. :)

Trace, thanks for all your hardwork. [:D]

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I might still have that list, Trace. Let me check my files and get back to you. [face_thinking]

6. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Hello lovelies [:D] sorry for the delay in reply, i just got in from a 15 hour drive back to Ohio after spending a week in New Orleans for spring break. I haven't seen hide nor hair of internet in over seven days. :p

No worries on not getting the info to me, Trace, stuff happens and I totally understand. :) I just wasn't sure anyone was still interested since so much time went by. :p I'm super tired and incoherent right now (but still addicted to internet so I at least had to check in :p ), but I just wanted to say that yes I'm still interested in running the interviews and am SO psyched to see interest once more! :D Lemme get some sleep, and I'll pop back in some time tomorrow to see what everyone wants to do and hopefully we can get something up and running!

*more love* [:D]

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    do we have a current challenge going at all? Just curious.

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Informally, we had the First Date challenge for a while.

Anyone have a suggestion for a new one? [face_love]

9. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    hmmm... it's all Springy and happy outside here. What about something... fluffy?

*waits while everyone complains about ginchy and her fluffiness ;)*

Maybe something along the lines of rewriting fairy-tales with a L/M twist? Too cliche? Too awful to contemplate?? [face_laugh]

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    actually something like a fairy tale makes me think more of Han and Leia for some reason (like sleeping beauty). But the Emperor as Malficent from Sleeping Beauty.......heh

11. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Hmm... Maybe take 'Sleeping Beauty' as Luke in VOTF, and Mara as the 'Prince Charming' role, she woke him up to himself there. And the Dark Side was Malificent.

I don't know, I was just trying to think up something! [face_laugh]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What a great idea!! Anything that involves L/M and smooching it up!! Maybe Mara could be Cinderella [face_mischief] :)

13. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    HEY!

I was talking to the lovely and talented Jade_Pilot and came up with a new idea for not really a challenge but an activity... what about a Round Robin??

Wouldn't that be a lot of fun? :D That way we could just write a little bit of a larger story. I've done a few in other fandoms and always found them to be great fun! And I know with all you talented people, well... even better! :D

Just another idea. ;)

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I remember trying to plan a round robin with members of the Mara Jade fan club. As long as it was well organized (plot wise) and planned out in advance (always a good idea) I think it'd be a cool idea. I probably couldn't participate because I have too many fics I am trying to write.

15. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Um, I'm bypassing mentions of fluff. :p But it's interview related. :D :D

Hey yo dudes, I'm going to start taking author requests while I work on organizing format and structure behind the scenes. It's still in the fledgling stages, but why not get the ball rolling? I believe Emmi was the only one interviewed so far, so the field is pretty much wide open. You can send them to me via PM to avoid flooding the thread. :)

EDIT: Forgot to include questions! If you have any questions you'd liked asked of someone, send em my way, too! I'll include them in the interviews. :)

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I have never done a Round Robin before, but the way ginchy described it sounded like a lot of fun. I'd love to see how people would take a story line and run with it! And ginchy, we all know what your chapter would be about! ;)

Mine would probably be about chocolate!

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot!!! Mush and chocolate!!!!!!!! Is there a better combo? Toss in a hot tub and wine and some sultry sax in the background and the scene is perfection!! =P~ *ecstatic sigh* Can't wait!! [face_laugh]
    I'm literally melting at the thought of L/M feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries. Oh, gracious!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Thanks for taking on the interviews, Bri-chan. Let me know if you need any help. [:D]

19. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *pokes head in*

School is eating my life! I miss you guys!

*hugs to all*

*ducks out*

20. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I've only had once previous Round Robin experience and wouls love to get in on the ground floor of another one. L/M is not a 'ship I have any experience, but I'm ready to try. As a matter of fact, I'm open to a vig challenge to prove my metal for the RR. PM me with a challenge idea and I'll try to get it done within 10 days. If I have more than one PM, I'll pick one. Thanks. I'll be on the lookoutfor more details.

Edit:

Challenge idea: Luke and Mara are doing something utterly pedestrian, when random external stimuli makes the completion of the mundane act of vital importance.

Too vague? Am I punch drunk from [face_tired] a new baby in the house? perhaps. But, if someone want to take this idea and specify it a little for a general challenge then please do. :)

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    here's a round robin idea and it does not involve staying in the bed all day long or the use of a tub. Its an actual plot idea:

Luke and Mara have been married a few years. Mara is pregnant. After leaving a recent appointment, something happens and Mara is injured and develops amnesia. But here's the twist: when she starts to recover, she has reverted to pre-Thrawn Trilogy Mara AKA Mara that still has the command to "Kill Luke Skywalker". The biggest twist she's still pregnant with Luke's child and doesn't realize it. [face_mischief]O:)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations to Brodiew. @};-
    Now, to Liz: what's wrong with M/L staying in bed or ... soaking ... in a tub? [face_laugh] [face_love] [face_mischief]
    And Liz's idea--hee!! evil indeed. :D :D :D Now... how does Luke help to get Mara's memory back? :) :) :)
    Lands, a fun idea!! Lots of possibilities!

23. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Well, with all this talk of bubble baths and staying in bed all day and amnesia, perhaps we should write a 'Star Wars' soap opera. Just who is this father of amnesiac Mara's baby? Later, on Guiding Force. [face_laugh]

Okay, after that, I think I am going to stop offering challenge ideas. ;) You now, when I mentioned "fluff" I never meant it had to be plotless or contrived. Was just throwing out something I thought would be fun. Anyway, good luck if y'all decide to do the round robin!

And I'm still looking forward to author interviews. :D

24. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh ginchy lee! You always make me laugh!

And I always enjoy your fics--you've taught me so much about writing and L/M. :)

With your many years of writing fanfic (10 years now, isn't it?) I humbly bow in your presence and hope that someday I'll be half the writer you are.

Speaking of which, it's my one year anniversary as a ff writer! :D But I'm still a babe compared to you!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy anniversary to Jade_Pilot. [face_dancing] Time does fly when you're--and we're having fun!! :D :D
    And as to talent, J_P is the queen of happy endings!! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.