main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm interested in keeping the index/discussion thread alive, possibly with a bit of help.

I could post a monthy challenge or something.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Briann! :* !!!!!

I'd be stoked to lend a hand. ;)

SQUEE! already!
    [:D]

!!!!!!!!

~Jade_eyes

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I'm reading Choices of One,too! I got my copy from my library. Our budget is so tight, I can hear it gasping for breath at night while I'm trying to sleep!

I'm on chapter #9. Is it wrong of me to hope for some kind of anonymous meeting between Luke and Mara at this juncture? [face_mischief]

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    No. No, it's not.

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Girl, I keep flipping ahead hoping the story will go AU on us. [face_praying];)[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

6. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Lol!

They actually do interact. Surprisingly a lot. But I liked it. I asked Zahn about it on his Facebook page and I posted his response in the Lit thread.

I already wrote a vig about it, and think my next longfic will involve some ideas from the novel.

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Any FFR thread can be unlocked at any time. Just PM a mod with the link.

I?m trying to avoid spoilers, but I read what you posted in Lit and now I?m even MORE excited to read it! Currently up to chapter four and I nearly burst into tears at chapter three, paragraph two to see Mara alive on page again. :D[face_love]

8. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I know what you mean, Trace.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I am so conficted on what to read next. Should I finish Alligance so I can buy Choices of One... It would be a no brainer... But Ascension comes out on the ninth. As much as the plot sucks at times in FOTJ, and there is no Mara, I LOVE Luke and Ben in it.

Decisions, decisions.

Also, I am still waiting to hear from the current controler of the sock. I would love to take over the job.

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Finished Choices of One. I agree, it's wonderful to see Mara in a story again.

11. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Choices of One. You have until April to finish Ascension. :p

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Good point. If I gotta wait a whole 8 months for Apocalypse after I finish Ascension, I might go even crazier than I already am.

13. Luke_Mara_Index

Luke_Mara_Index Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    You're hired! :D PM incoming.

14. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
  15. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    This thread is open again? Yayyyy!!!! Awesomeness!!![:D]

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...which lit thread? *goes thread hunting...*

17. Luke_Mara_Index

May 23, 2004
    Hello my beautiful LM lovers!

I've just taken over this sock and I'm hoping to keep this thread and index running. I have a few 'housekeeping' things I have to do (mainly backing up the entire index on a flash drive). But I am hoping to get that done tonight.

I know a few of you have written several Luke/Mara fics since this index stopped being updated. To make my life easier, please send all of your LM fics that you have written since the index stopped being updated, and that you want to be in the index, in one PM. I will hopefully get those up as soon as I can. I already have a few that need to be put in the index.

A few people said they wanted to help out, thank you, but I would like to get the index backed up and updated before more people get involved. I shall contact you when I need you. I am going to start a discussion and a monthly challenge, but just let me deal with the index first.

Thank you!

May the Force be with you (and me so I dont kriff this up[face_praying])

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Hooray!

L/M fics? I think I have some of those. :p

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_dancing]

I might have a few myself [face_laugh]

So, how do you want them? Should we use the template on the first page? Do you want broken links?

Also, we shouldn't let the 'Return of the Tang' thread die out.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Happy wriggling! [face_dancing]

I've lost count of how many L/M stuff I've written [face_laugh] -- [face_thinking]

I'm going to add this thread as a watched topic and Luke_Mara_Index as a fave user ;)

Don't wanna miss a thing.

[face_dancing]

21. Luke_Mara_Index

May 23, 2004
    PLEASE use the template and PLEASE send me broken links.

I have a few more housekeeping things that have gotten the green light, but after that, we will have a spot to index the challenges I put here and an edited/up-to-date first post.

Now as for the first discussion, I want to keep it broad and simple: what attracts you to our favorite relationship in Star Wars? Why do you like writing about Skywalker-Jade?

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    What drew me first - was Mara - plain and simple. I loved her from the first second she appeared in HTTE and how absolutely hell-bent on doing Luke in she was; then they did that trek across Myrkr and there was the first glimmerings of what an awesome team they could make despite themselves :D

Then she kept having run ins with Luke either rescuing Karrde, getting him out from C'Baoth's mad clutches, being rescued herself at the Katana fleet, giving the heads up so the Solo twins could be rescued :* and then that was topped by Wayland and Luke's gift. [face_dancing]

I felt they were destined [face_love] [face_love] !!!

I love writing them snarking and oblivious, and gooey-dewy in love :D !!

I adore AUs where they meet in the OT and/or fall fast and hard right after TLC.

Perfect excellent timing.

:)

23. Luke_Mara_Index

May 23, 2004
    Hello guys.

Just a note. The first post has been edited and at the end of the normal index, there is a Challenge Index. I may put up a challenge as soon as tomorrow.

Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE break the links. I will send back your PM if your links are not broken.

Thanks.

24. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    The first time I read Heir to the Empire, I hated Mara. Yes, I will admit it. I thought she was a huge you-know-what and wanted her to die because she kept threatening Luke. (As a note, I was 11 and my crush on Luke Skywalker was just taking form.) However, as I kept on reading, I realized how well they worked together. And then I read the end of Dark Force Rising, in which Han muses that Luke looked like he just lost his best friend, not somebody who wanted to kill him. It was at that moment when the "shipper" light turned on in my brain and I just knew that they were destined to be together. Eventually, I got my wish.

Why do I like writing them? Simple. They are both interesting people with lots of flaws and positive traits alike. They bring out the best in each other. They understand each other. They work well together, and they respect each other, even when they're not together. While I prefer them as a couple, I also like them as friends, before they've realized the depth of their feelings. (Unfortunately we didn't get that in Bantam, thanks to the order the books were published, but that's why we have fanfic, right?) Best of all, they have the most amazing fights!

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

I first met Mara (and the EU) about eleven years ago, when I first got internet on my computer. I had just watched the OT for the ?th time and was playing in my head with an OC for Luke and then decided to research Star Wars and Luke Skywalker. That's when I came across Mara Jade, who was already established as Luke's fiancée.

I did not like this idea. How could an imperial agent be my Lukie's love interest? Nevertheless, on my next trip to the book store, I found a copy of a book with Luke dueling with a redhead (yes, it was the Last Command, and no they didn't have the other books) so I bought it, thus starting to read the TTT at the end.

Maybe it was the fact that the first time Mara shows up she is already at the Imperial Palace and starts working with them right away or maybe it was the lightsaber scene at the end, but when I finished the book I just knew they were really meant to be together. They surely were meant for each other.

Then I kicked my OC out of my head and never thought of her again.

Naturally, my next step was to get my hands on the rest of the TTT. :)

What I like about L/M is basically their chemistry, the way the opposites attract and complete each other so perfectly. I guess that's why it drives me a little crazy to think profic took so long to acknowledge that. [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.