main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Just reading through it... no, but apparently there were clones of Kam and Mara at one point and now Ben has a genetic half sister that is controlled by a faction or something? (And that's where my attention wandered...)

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I was lurking there too today and I saw this. I'm like WHAAA?? I am kinda up to date with the books, however, I have yet to read Riptide or the one before it. Here is a link I found to the CLONE's page they suspect to be Mara's http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_(clone). They STRONGLY SUGGEST it to be a Mara clone, but I think that is only because it had red hair. Red hair is rare (in this world at least. I am not too sure about the GFFA), but not THAT rare. It might be a clone of Daala for all we know that Palpy somehow made Force sensitive. Kriff! It might be my MOTHER! Now that's a scary thought![face_worried]

Seriously, what I am doing is just speculation, but so are the people in Lit (granted, they have read the book, but you can't exactly trust the minds of the people over there - or the people who write Wookiee articles).

I am not sure where I stand on this. If there is/was a Mara clone running around who had a daughter(s), I am not sure if I'd jump for joy or be extremely pissed. I am going to peacefully ignore this whole thing until it's confirmed. THEN I will react.

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds like my fanfic Choices, but I am sure my story has much more bootknocking.:p

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, at least somebody thought to give Kam a baby. :p

I already voiced my opinion in that thread. I was going to read Crosscurrent and Riptide, but I think I'll skip them now. No offense to Paul Kemp. I enjoyed Deceived. I just have no interest in all the cloning and time travel stuff. Meh.

I think I'll be doing the holiday challenge. Now to think of really funny gifts. [face_mischief]

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    JM77 told me about this. The funny thing is that I had JUST read 'Outcast' and was going on and on to her about how it made me feel SO MUCH better in the aftermath of 'The Swarm War' and 'Sacrifice' and how a huge weight had been lifed from my chest to see Luke and Ben okay.

And then she told me about this.

Thank you Del-Rey. Just when I was beginning to feel a little bit better you pull this crap.

No Mara clones. Dislike. But how like them to kill off the most awesome female character and be like... oops. Well, let's just send in the clones! :rolleyes:

Let me ammend--No Clones unless it's Jadie. [face_love] LOL

6. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    [image=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/Nilknarf48/Luke_Mara_kiss2.jpg]

Bahahahaha! Look what FalconFan sent me!!

7. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
  8. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_mischief] [face_love] [face_love]

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    That is now my head canon illustration of YSF. ;)

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You can find my fanfic for the rewrite challenge here

11. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Now I have the song "Send in the Clowns" stuck in my head! My favorite version was from the old Carol Burnett show, lol.

Beautimus!

12. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    To the blacked out stuff: Good point! :p I once had a bunny that wanted to give Kam and Tionne a baby. The bunny kinda got run over by the need for a Celchu baby.

Also, just a reminder to all: this is a holiday challenge, not a dare challenge. The gifts can be funny or silly, but nothing TOO wild. If I feel that your answers are a little too out there, I will make MY answers even more wilder and then give you mine because I like to be mean like that [face_devil]

And that pic. Mmmmmuch better =P~

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    New icon in 5...4...3...

14. nostalgia

nostalgia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2011
    Noob here - at least since I returned to this site. :p

In response to the whole Riptide and Crosscurrent thing, I can't say how outraged the idea even makes me.

I loved when Bantam was in control of Lucas Literature, I really did. Through Bantam, we got The Thrawn Trilogy, The Jedi Academy Trilogy, The X-Wing Series, I, Jedi, The Thrawn Duology, etc., etc. We saw the very creation of Mara Jade, and her transformation from loyal assassin to loyal friend, co-worker, and companion.

Granted Del Rey didn't completely murder everything. The did create Ben after all, and despite pushing for the writing of so many pointless deaths, their mega plots weren't all that terrible.

When they killed Mara Jade Skywalker I was heartbroken, but I understood that her death served a purpose. She was trying to protect her son, and when she died in the process, her death transformed into the catalyst that exposed her murderer and motivated her niece and former apprentice into taking down one of the galaxy's worst threats (who shouldn't even have existed - thanks again Del Rey).

But, to implicitly give her a clone, and have that clone pro-create with Kam Solusar was just in poor taste. In a way, it cast a shadow on her death and stole worth from it. Creating a clone for her forced readers to remember her death in the worst way. It's like opening a fresh wound and Force knows what they're going to do with her genetic daughter, but I have the feeling it won't be anything good.

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey! Welcome (back I guess)

Personally, I hope this whole Mara had a clone who had a daughter thing becomes 'dropped plot line #234868319' (if you have spent any time lurking around Lit, you'll know what I mean). If they never confirm that it is/was a Mara clone then it never becomes officially canon, only reader speculation. Then I never have to think about it again. This may become the case. Force knows how many dropped plot lines there are, this seems like the type of thing that would get swept away, never to be adressed again. And, does anyone know the popularity of these books and whether or not there is a confirmed continuing of the story line? I checked out its review page over at Lit - it is getting high numbers, but not too many reviews (maybe because it has only been out for a few weeks). But we all know if a book does not sell, the storyline gets dropped.

16. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    I don't have to have hung around Lit to know what you mean. :p
    I have read through dozens of story arcs from both Bantam and Del Rey that have had one pointlessly discarded plot line or another.

From what I can tell, the novels have been received well by those who have read them. Though, I really hope they don't continue with this whole Grace thing, to be honest. It's a poorly added story arc with little potential for the readers.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe she will be Ben's new love interest. [face_laugh] :p

18. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Carrying on that old family tradition. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ...But don't give Del Rey any ideas... [face_worried] [face_laugh]

19. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    Oh no! Like father, like son. :p

[image=http://i.qkme.me/359i0u.jpg]

:oops:

20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That is funny!

21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That is just wrong! Though, it does carry on a fine family tradition and it does remind me of the time I made Ben have a relationship with his cousin (or half-cousin, technically) [face_laugh]. But Mara was alive to annoy the poor kid about it, so it was all good.

22. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh my. Toooo funny. [face_devil]

23. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    *spews diet coke onto computer screen*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

24. nostalgia

Jul 6, 2011
    That sounds like it'd be hilarious! Link? :D

Lol. That picture is definitely one of my favorites.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if you guys already knew about this, but the link in my signature leads to a voting website in which fans decide which next Star Wars character gets their own action figure, and Mara Jade is one of the candidates!

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.