main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode III: The Chosen Future (ROTS AU; A/P, Obi-Wan): Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Darn, no fair! :p

EDIT: I was waiting and hitting refresh and waiting. . . Then husband popped up and distracted me for THREE minutes and OF COURSE that's when he posted and I'm willing to bet TKL was also watching, maybe even IMing him so she was cheating :p

Okay, LOVED the married people interaction. Personally I'd be alot more pissed if I was in Padme's postion but she's better at controling her temper than I am.

Anakin seems a bit too reasonable for our favorite potential Sith Lord. Doesn't sound like he's seriously stressed out, had zero sleep and nothing to eat for the past couple days. Also doesn't come across like the combat scarred vetran. But I've been sitting thru too much counseling lately (what with the whole husband coming back and all) so I'm probably being paranoid *shrugs*

I am glad they are seeing all the layers! Communication is the key to solving the problem [face_mischief] I just wanted to SCREAM at ALL the characters when I was watching RotS. . . :_|

2. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Pfft! hardly fair, I agree! [face_frustrated]

:p

3. TKeiraYodaSidious

TKeiraYodaSidious Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Cheats she does!

*whacks TKL with her gimmer stick*

Shame. Shame say I.

*grabs tongue*

*releases*

*eyes LadyRed holding her tongue*

Hurts says you [face_mischief]

Good say I.

Pain is suffering...

Suffering leads to the dark side...

[face_devil]

Life fair not, young padawan

*sees explosives*

*flees*

Catch me you can not!

4. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Isn't it wonderful to make the characters behave the way we think they should! :p So nice and resonable!

More Padme in this story is going to be a great thing! :cool:

5. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Catch me you can not!

Who says I have to?

*Sidra appears*

Ready to show off your new tricks buddy? [face_devil]

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *thwacks TKL in the back of the knees*

And down she goes! [face_devil]

Cheating never pays . . . [face_shame_on_you]

Edit: *attention wanders*

:p

And now that the mad rush of fangirls is over . . . :p

?Ani, what?s wr-? Her words were muffled by an embrace so fierce and frightened the emotion of it, not his crushing arms, stole her breath.

It's not particularly relevant, but I just have to say that this really reminds me of Luke's desperate hug for Padmé at the end of TPF. Different causes, but the same technique. Like father, like son. :p

For a single awful moment, the politician in her hoped he would say, is dead.

I love this! :D You really capture the dichotomy (now how often do you get to use that word? Seriously, now? :D ) of her personality here: Padmé, with her endless compassion, and Amidala, with a politician's ruthless pragmatism. Great job! :D

Finally he said, ?Tell me what to do.?

I can't believe Kia didn't comment on how well Anakin's learned. [face_laugh] What was Bryon's line? [face_thinking] "I am well trained"? [face_thinking]

?Maybe I will,? she said, and the heat in her voice knocked his eyes wide. ?But you are not going to save me that way. I will not let you touch me with the dark side of the Force. Not me or our baby.?

Go, Padmé! :D [face_dancing]

?How do you know if it was even a real vision from the Force you had? What if he created it, and planted it in your mind??

I like this option! :D It's so in character for Palpatine and his phenomenal scheming abilities. [face_devil]

Part Two on Tuesday?

Not as easy as it sounds?

When is it ever with you? :p

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I get twice the entertainment in this thread.

First the wonderful story - I can see myself thinking "If only" the whole way through *sigh*. It makes excellent sense what Padme said. Palpy knows how to manipulate and he uses everything to his advantage.

Then of course the replies - funny, yet violent. [face_thinking] Maybe I should get a thwacking stick.

8. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    :eek: From Gabri, Shinar, or Red I expect nothing less, but RebelMom!

*shock and awe*

(no fair tagteaming now)

(and Sidra wouldn't bite little ole me [face_batting] )

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I really need to work on changing my image. *grabs thwacking stick* I'm ready to rumble.

10. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love it. :D Welcome to the gang, RM. [face_devil]

11. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Somehow I don't think it will be that simple. One thing that Palpatine is great at are contingencies. He usually has his ends covered and if his first approach doesn't work, he has a backup plan ready to implement. Don't think Anakin and Padme are quite out of the woods, yet. Great post; looking forward to more!

12. Luthe

Luthe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    ::avoids the thwacking mobs:: ::dances in glee:: [face_dancing]

Anakin, you did something right! You used your brain! I love you! Good boy! ::gives him a cookie::

And Padme, you are a wonderful wife. Tell him what he needs to hear, even if he doesn't like it!

13. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Hehe, so I see I'm not the only who has a thwacking stick :p

And the one I'm going to use it on is Palpy. *glares at the jerk* Stand still! *thwack*

Way to go, Anakin and Padme. Talk things out and you'll avoid my thwacking stick.

Great post, Darth_Lex

14. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hi, Lex!

I loved the chappie.

I could just about quote everything, but I'll only quote this part:

From within his arms she looked up at him. ?Don?t go. Stay. We?ll figure it out ? together.?

?All right,? he said, and kissed her.

Sometimes the simplest of gestures can hold the most meaning. And Padmé asking Ani to stay is one of these: by saying "I need you with me tonight", what's she really saying is "You need me to be your anchor, and I promise I will be".

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    15 replies later...

I was suppose to have the first reply!!! * takes whatever he has under his hand *

You will feel the power of the Dark Si... * kwack, kwack * heh what the... oh yeah you will feel the power of Darth Rubber Duck!!! [face_devil] He will kwack you to death ;) :p

But let's return to post shall we...

It was... hmm... let's say... pretty good... Of course it was the first post and we all know this will get nasty later on with all those cliffies and etc. [face_devil] GOOOOOOooooodddddd!!!! :D ( yeah I know this was the llama version of Sidious but I didn't know how to make it better :p )

16. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [face_laugh] It's the return of the llama! [face_laugh]

17. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    And now that the mad rush of fangirls is over . . .

I should resent that, I really should . . . [face_thinking] But I don't! :p

and Sidra wouldn't bite little ole me

Sidra would NEVER bite ANYONE. He'd just have to deliver a little package or two at my direction [face_mischief]

Beware the fluffball bearing gifts! [face_devil]

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Wow, I love it already! (of course, I would have loved it anyway, but...)

Amazing, Lex! I love how your Anakin has reasoned with Padme and sees that Palpatine is evil and what he promises is, as well.

Uppies!

jazz

19. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Doesn't it help that I didn't exclude myself from that mad rush of fangirls? :p We're all insane (and slightly violent [face_devil] ) fangirls together, I think. :p I am woman, hear me roar, and all that. :p

20. InLoveWithLordVader

InLoveWithLordVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    :_| That was so beautifully written. It is exactly how I wished things would have happened when I saw ROTS. You have written this so well I can actually recreate the movie in my head with your story as script. I don't know how I am going to be able to wait for your next post.:)

21. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I've heard so much about this series... and had multiple people encouraging me to read it. Naturally, I assumed that it was way overrated and refused to look at it.

Yet more proof that I'm an idiot. :p

I'm not really a big A/P person... for some reason I prefer L/M. *shrugs* But I really like this... you've completely captured both characters and seem to have a good plot going. I'm looking forward to more. :D

In the meantime, I shall be off reading the sequels...

Edit- Because besides being an idiot, I also can't spell. :p

22. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Somehow I don't think it's going to be as easy as all that...

23. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Where's the post?

*pouts mournfully*

MTFBWY,

Lauré :)

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hey everyone! :D Time for some more replies. ;)

TKL: I think that the whole scene is what we would have liked for Anakin to do in ROTS.
    Aren?t AUs great? :D

Yet knowing you, Evil Partner, this may still end up with a wrong choice. The temptations are not removed, just considered in a different light.
    Know my devious mind too well, you do? [face_mischief] It doesn?t give anything away, really, to say you?re exactly right about this. In canon ROTS, Anakin?s fall is a cascade of choices, one building upon the next. There?s far more than one choice in play in this story, as well? [face_thinking]

Shinar: Personally I'd be alot more pissed if I was in Padme's postion but she's better at controling her temper than I am.
    Oh, me too! [face_laugh] I think even in TPM and AOTC it?s amazing how good Padmé is at controlling her anger. It?s one of the defining features of her character, IMO, and it makes her anger that much more powerful when it does flare.

Anakin seems a bit too reasonable for our favorite potential Sith Lord.
    Well, I hope there are a few flashes of his very problematic emotions in that scene. To me that?s a noticeable aspect of his characterization in the first half of ROTS ? the way he can shift from controlled to unstable in a heartbeat? Even around Padmé?

Red: What TKYS said. [face_devil]

TKYS: Life fair not, young padawan
    Tell me about it. :p

Auntie: Isn't it wonderful to make the characters behave the way we think they should!
    I think one post is a bit premature to reach that conclusion. [face_mischief]

Gabri: Padmé, with her endless compassion, and Amidala, with a politician's ruthless pragmatism.
    Exactly. ;) Thanks for commenting on that. I really do see that dichotomy in her character, and I work it into certain moments where it?s the most difficult for her to deal with.

I can't believe Kia didn't comment on how well Anakin's learned.
    Actually, it?s not just about learning to listen to his wife. Anakin has a dichotomy too: for all his power and arrogance, at times he also has a big lack of self-confidence, and he looks to the important people in his life for guidance (Shmi and Qui-Gon in TPM, Padmé and Obi-Wan in AOTC, Palpatine for many years as well). Even in ROTS he first asks Yoda what to do about his visions, before he decides to figure out what to do himself. So I thought that would be his natural impulse here as well ? to want someone else to tell him what?s the right thing to do.

I like this option! It's so in character for Palpatine and his phenomenal scheming abilities.
    I think there?s an interesting analysis to be made that this could be true in canon? [face_thinking]

RebelMom: It makes excellent sense what Padme said. Palpy knows how to manipulate and he uses everything to his advantage.
    That?s what makes him such an incredibly difficult opponent to defeat? [face_worried]

Then of course the replies - funny, yet violent.
    I know! Aren?t they the best? [face_laugh]

JediMasterRev: Somehow I don't think it will be that simple. One thing that Palpatine is great at are contingencies.
    Exactly! ;) More on that problem very soon?

Don't think Anakin and Padme are quite out of the woods, yet.
    Yep. Otherwise this would be a very short story. :p

Luthe: Welcome! :D

Anakin, you did something right! You used your brain!
    LOL! Not especially his strong suit in ROTS, was it? :_|

Bulldog: Way to go, Anakin and Padme. Talk things out and you'll avoid my thwacking stick.
    Now if only they could talk Palpy to death. [face_laugh]

lauré: And Padmé asking Ani to stay is one of these: by saying "I need you with me tonight", what's she really saying is "You need me to be your anchor, and I promise I will be".
    Exactly right. Well said. :D

Chimpo: Of course it was the first post and we all know this will get nasty later on with all those cliffies and etc.
    You know me too well.

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    As promised. ;)

For once, I?m borrowing a line from the EU, not the films, somewhere in this scene. [face_thinking] (Hint: It has something in common with ROTS. ;) )

CHAPTER ONE (Part Two)

Anakin paced like a caged sandpanther, and he didn?t care. It was keeping his anger in check, and his mind clear. True, in the long term he?d have to find a better way ? a more Jedi way ? to keep his feelings under control. For now, this would have to do.

?I could go back, right now, and kill him,? Anakin said.

From her seat on the long sofa in the sitting room, Padmé looked up at him. ?By yourself??

?Why not? He?d never see it coming.?

She frowned. ?How can you be sure??

?Well, I?? He stopped, and met her gaze. ?He left himself vulnerable last time. He?d probably do it again. He thinks I won?t kill him because I need his teachings to save you.?

?Imagine how powerful he must be. Are you even certain he was truly vulnerable??

He started pacing again. ?No.?

?It?s too great a risk, Ani. If he?s foreseen it, he?d be ready for you??

?You?re right.? Anakin blew out a hissing breath. ?He?s probably much stronger than Dooku. I don?t know if I could take him alone, unless I caught him undefended.?

?Besides, if you did that, you?d just be arrested and charged with assassinating the Supreme Chancellor.?

He chuckled. ?I suppose I would, wouldn?t I??

She nodded. ?We don?t have proof of anything. We know the truth, but we don?t actually have evidence that he is the Sith Lord. We can?t connect him to Dooku, or the war, or the rest.?

?And I don?t know how we could get it, either.?

?Exactly.?

At least the pacing was helping. ?Maybe I could find a way to kill him that they couldn?t connect back to me. Sabotage his shuttle, or build a bomb into a droid. Something like that.?

?It might work,? she said. ?But those would endanger too many innocent lives. We can?t do that.?

?All right.?

?And there would still be the risk of it being traced back to you somehow.?

He smiled at her. ?There?s going to be a risk to me no matter what we do, Padmé.?

?I know,? she admitted, smiling back in chagrin. ?I just want it to be the right kind of risk.?

?So do I.? He ceased his pacing for a moment, and gazed out into the sparkling nighttime cityscape beyond the wide window of the sitting room. ?What about the Senate? If he felt he was losing power, he might do something that would justify removing him from office.?

?It wouldn?t matter. His stranglehold is too great.?

?But I thought? What about the petition? He seemed so concerned that your Delegation represented a threat to him. He even said a coup was imminent. That you and the Jedi were moving to overthrow him.?

?He did??

?Yes.?

Padmé leaned forward intently. ?Tell me. Tell me everything he said.?

Anakin started pacing again, and told her every last detail. He began with Palpatine?s mistrust of the Jedi Council, and his belief that the Jedi were planning to seize control of the Republic by deposing him and replacing numerous Senators. Then what Palpatine had said about the Delegation of Two Thousand, and their intention to overthrow him. Next, the alliance between the Senators and the Jedi. The petition, Palpatine had declared, was a list of traitors ? there were two groups of Senators, those on the list, and those the Jedi were about to arrest. Finally, Palpatine?s insistence that the cabal would strike at any moment, and the extreme danger they posed.

?It?s brilliant,? she said. After a long moment deep in thought, she sat back on the sofa again and began to braid her long brown hair. ?It?s masterful.?

?I?m not the one who understands politics,? he told her, flashing a bemused smile. ?You?re going to have to explain it to me.?

She grinned back, and the brightness in her eyes warmed his heart. ?First,? she said, ?I?m going to tell you everything too.?

And she did. She told him about the Delegation, and all the ways they had tried to muster t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.