main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode III: The Chosen Future (ROTS AU; A/P, Obi-Wan): Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Hmm, our friends are playing a dangerous game here. Does Palpatine think Anakin is loyal to him? Why hasn't he done the Order 66 thing yet?

2. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I'm beyond impressed with this story. Looking forward to more. I've always liked AUs, and this looks like a good one. As much as I like RotS, every time I view the film, or read the jr. novelization (have only made it once thru the hardback), I keep seeing places where things could have been different. You've found one of those points. :) Clever you are, wise and subtle. And leaving us on the edge of our seats, waiting for the next chapter.

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I quite like how you're doing this, Lex. :D The politics of this and Palpatine's intricate plans could easily make me feel stupid :p , but they really make sense instead. Palpatine is appropriately brilliant, but not all-seeing. ;) I really can't wait to see where you take the political aspect of this. It's something so rarely covered in depth - or complexity, maybe I should say - in fanfic. And the characterization ... the thing I love about your writing is that you don't really lack any aspect, neglect any part - instead you make it all engrossing and interesting. :D

4. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    It?s not the scene you?re expecting.

Um, no, I'd have to agree this was not the scene I was expecting [face_thinking]

5. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    ?The logistics of an attack will make the Utapaun sinkhole cities kill zones.?

Hm. Maybe I'm not the only one who found the images from the ROTS novelization disturbing: i.e. The sinkhole cities being like insect killjars and/or the sinkholes brimming with innocent Utapauan blood.

If Anakin's fighting Grievous, I'm definitely bringing popcorn! That should be too good to miss.

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Time for replies! :D

TahiriSoloFan: those ladies will never believe I was just lucky.
    You mean, there?s no such thing as luck? :p

Are the good guys trying to pull one over on ol' Palpatine? Was it all an act?
    Maybe. ;)

Great job on showing Palpatine's swinging politician's agenda!
    He?s a sleazebag, that Palpatine! :mad:

EmilieDarklighter: I take it that dear Ani will step perilously close to the Dark Side before we can see happiness.
    What fun would it be otherwise? [face_devil]

Errine23: Welcome! :D

What happened between Obi, Ani and Padme?!
    All will be revealed in time? [face_mischief]

JediMasterRev: Looks like the game of dejarik is one. The only problem now is to know who is playing on which side.
    That?s it exactly. :D

It should be interesting to read what Padme will tell Bail and also, if this is an elaborate rouse to get Palpatine to reveal his hand before he's ready.
    Some answers in the next post, actually? ;)

maramijade: I mean Obi came to see them right as he got back, I think this is actually/partly their mechanations and good acting... (hopefully)
    I like that you?re always so optimistic! :)

LP: Well, not the first, but definitely in line ahead of you know who!
    I do? O:)

Just hang out with baby
    Friday is my hang out with BabyLex day. [face_love]

Well, it's masterful!
    Thanks! :cool: Hopefully my strategy of writing it this way will pay off. *crosses fingers*

Waiting to see if I'm right
    Hope you?ve got a comfortable chair. [face_laugh]

Lord_Moordenaar: Welcome! :D

Plenty of juicy plot twists
    Juicy plot twists are my speciality. [face_batting]

DANA28: More answers soon, don?t worry. :)

TKL: can't sit around our offices waiting for posts
    Back to the good life already, though! Congrats on the new job, Evil Partner. [:D]

I see you've thrown the readers for a loop on just what happened between the Skywalker-Kenobi uber-wonder-duo
    As usual, I?ve got some people worried and some totally skeptical of me. Could be worse ? they could all be skeptics. :oops:

I have a feeling you've got something up your sleeve.
    But of course! [face_shhh]

Bulldog: Though it seems they ended up pulling a fast one on poor Bail. Hehe, I think Padme will set him straight though.
    Poor Bail. :( Guess we?ll see if Padmé keeps her word to Anakin?

Jedi_BMK: Welcome! :D

Now to wonder just what Anakin is up to and who all is in on the game.
    Ah, yes. Those are the questions? [face_thinking]

sentinel75: Welcome! :D

Fast one? Palpatine? I don't see it...
    He?s no easy man to fool, for sure. But he does have his weaknesses? ;)

I liked the use of that classic disaster line, "I have a bad feeling..." to bookend the post.
    Thanks! :D Can?t have SW without that line.

RebelMom: I was confused at first, then I remembered the last post and have a feeling that a bit, no, a lot of misdirection is going on.
    And not all of it within the story! :p

Gabri: And you love fangirls. Might as well admit it.
    No! I deny it. [face_not_talking]

Not to mention that I've seen your reaction to Padmé. The ladies are entitled to an equal reaction to Obi-Wan.
    Touché.

Luthe: I mean, it gets Anakin *away* from Palpy, while making it look like they are all still totally in the dark.
    True. It also gets Anakin away from Obi-Wan? [face_worried]

TMcE: Welcome! :D

by any chance?
    *scrambles madly through EU notes looking for unintentional allusion* :p

This 'fic is great, btw!!
    Thanks! :cool:

Jedi_Liz: now that I think of it, maybe it was planned
    And we all know how things always go according to plan? [face_devil]

Red: Well, my belief is that if I can?t be the first, I may as well be the last!
    What works for love, works for posts. 8-}

I want

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Pul-leeze!. Like I believe you for a second [face_not_talking] You guys don't call each other Evil Partners for nothing. I KNOW there's more to it than just being evil with the writing...

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Guess we?ll see if Padmé keeps her word to Anakin?

*polishes her thwacking stick, grinning at Padme*

9. sentinel75

sentinel75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    LIVELY ON THE CAPSTAN THERE!
    Heeeeeeeeeeeave and UP!

10. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    *sigh*

Well, I managed to make it through Hurricane Dennis in one piece. :) Unfortunately it wiped out my fanfic time for the weekend, though, so once again I'll ask your patience. I'll post again on Tuesday. ;) Hopefully after that I'll be able to keep to the twice weekly posting schedule I intended.

Thanks for understanding, everybody. [:D]

11. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    im a litle confused here.i thought that padme and anakin already decided to be against palpatine and anakin decided to not join the dark side to save padme and on the last chapter i foind out that anakin is more loyal to palps than ever ?? can u explain please?? and PM when update

12. The_Wookie_Girl

Jul 3, 2005
    Not a problem! RL is always more important than our hobbies, but alas, our hobbies are usually more fun. :) Glad to hear that you made it thru HD okay! Was watching the Weather Channel at lunch and it looked truly nasty in the Mobile area. :( Up this way, we're having lots of rain and wind, and looks to continue throughout the week, as HD moves inland.

I'm going to go back and read your other stories in the meantime. Take care and stay safe!

13. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Just glad to see you're all right. Whenever you post is fine...if it happens that I get to be first responder afterward :p

14. The_Wookie_Girl

Jul 3, 2005
    I'm in the middle of reading "A Bumpier Road"--it's wonderful! I wasn't the greatest fan of AotC, and so I really like your AU take on it. *grins* At any rate, do you mind PMing me when the next part of this novel (for that is what it is, I suspect :) ) is up? Thanks in advance!

Oh, and this serves as an "up" as well. ;)

15. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Ugh. You move fast. :p

I am enjoying the sequels, very much so. :D This one is coming along very nicely, too.

16. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Time for some more replies. :D

LP: Like I believe you for a second
    Do you believe me now? [face_talk_hand] :p

You guys don't call each other Evil Partners for nothing.
    I don?t know what you?re talking about. O:)

Bulldog: :p

sentinel75: [face_laugh]

sithrules70: im a litle confused here
    Does it help if I tell you you?re supposed to be wondering what?s going on? [face_devil]

The_Wookie_Girl: Was watching the Weather Channel at lunch and it looked truly nasty in the Mobile area.
    It did. :( Fortunately I was east of the worst of it, but we had to prepare anyway.

I'm in the middle of reading "A Bumpier Road"--it's wonderful!
    Thanks! :) I guess TCF sort of makes ABR my own personal AU to my AU? :p Oh well. Glad you?re enjoying it. ;)

flowerbee: I am enjoying the sequels, very much so.
    Cool! :cool: Thanks for letting me know. :)

For those who?ve asked about PM notifications when I update: Unfortunately I don?t have time to send those out any more. But I?ll be posting on TCF on Tuesdays and Fridays, so you can always check back on those days. :)

Posting momentarily. :D

17. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    CHAPTER TWO (Part Two)

Under the scrutiny of the two senior members of the Jedi Council, Obi-Wan didn?t feel much like their peer at all. Yet he did not regret his choices any more than Qui-Gon had ever regretted any of his, even the ones that turned out far less favorably than his old Master had hoped. He could not undo what he had done, only explain and react. He knew he had no reason to feel doubt, much less anxiety.

But there was something about those two penetrating gazes?

In a small meditation chamber deep within the Jedi Temple?s ziggurat, the three Masters had reconvened after the meeting with the Supreme Chancellor and the Senators. Opposite Obi-Wan, the full-size holographic image of Yoda wavered above a round cushioned seat. ?A convincing story to the Chancellor you told,? the diminutive alien said. The image leaned forward and peered at Obi-Wan. ?Your true reason for returning, it was not.?

Obi-Wan nodded. ?It had nothing to do with Grievous or Utapau, or the battle there.?

Mace leaned forward on his seat and clasped his hands in front of him. ?What, then??

?I have always followed the Council?s directives to the best of my ability,? Obi-Wan said. ?I like to believe that played no small part in earning me my place on the Council.?

?More reasons than that we had, when selected you we did,? Yoda replied. Even over the holographic feed there was a twinkle in his eyes. ?But correct you are. Doubt your dedication to duty no Jedi does.?

?Perhaps ?? Obi-Wan allowed a hint of a chagrined smile to cross his lips ?? at times I have even followed my instructions a little too closely.?

Mace scowled. ?After all these years, you picked now to let Anakin rub off on you??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Not the way you?re thinking.?

?Good reasons you had,? Yoda said quietly, calmly. ?Fear to speak them, you should not.?

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan said.

He took a moment to collect himself. A deep breath. A shift of his hands. A brief stretch of his feelings into the Force to brush his perceptions through the surging currents of energy in the Temple around them. Just long enough to find the serenity he needed.

He took another deep breath, and let the admission flow.

?I felt a disturbance in the living Force. A warning I could not ignore.?

Mace and the flickering blue image of Yoda exchanged a glance.

Obi-Wan sighed. ?It was about Anakin.?

The two Masters were silent for a long time. ?Hmm,? Yoda said finally. ?Sense a disturbance of that kind I did not. Not so precise.?

?Nor did I,? Mace agreed. ?But there is no doubt Anakin is at the center of the events unfolding around us. At our meeting just now the Force around him was surrounded by paths and fault lines.?

?And the dark side,? Obi-Wan added quietly. ?As it has been since we returned.?

?Yes.?

?This disturbance you felt,? Yoda asked, ?a premonition it was??

Obi-Wan considered it for a moment. ?No. Not a vision. Just? a feeling. An admonition.?

?Of death?? Yoda was as focused as Obi-Wan had ever seen him. ?Or something else??

?Not of anything, exactly,? Obi-Wan replied. He took a slow breath, struggling for the right words. Finally he gave up and said it the simplest way he could. ?Anakin will need me. I don?t know when or how, or even why. But I need to be here when it happens.?

Mace frowned and sat up on his seat. ?Except that he?s headed to Utapau, and you?re not.?

?No, Master,? Obi-Wan said. ?That much was clear to me. I am needed here.?

?On Coruscant our fight with the Sith will end,? Yoda said. ?Sensed that I have.?

?Then perhaps the Sith Lord will not make his move until after Anakin returns,? Obi-Wan said. ?But he may seek to strike his first blows while the Chosen One is not in play.?

?We must be ready for any contingency,? Mace said firmly. ?With or without Anakin.?

?Agree with you I do,? Yoda said. ?The battle on Kashyyyk, nearly won it is. Return to the Temple I will.?

Obi-Wan ran his fingers through his beard. ?I?m sorry, Masters. I?ve completely

18. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    good chapter, haha "I'll be back"
    I had some terminator flasbacks with that sentence.

see ya

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    2nd! - ahead of you-know-who :p

[face_dancing]

[face_whistling]

Back later with a real reply...

20. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    I really like how Obi-Wan is acting more like Qui-Gon in this situation. I am curious though what Anakin and Padme did and dit not tell him of their plans. I'm also wondering if there is information that he is holding back from the Council as well. Very curious indeed. I like though that he is listening to his instincts and staying close to Coruscant instead of going to Utapau. It will be interesting to see how Anakin going there will change the course of events. Great job as always. Looking forward to more!

21. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    [:D] To Darth_Lex. This is getting very interesting, to say the least.

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, it's back! :D I'm loving this, really, just as much as the original trilogy. Anakin's characterization is perfect! :)

23. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    ?Perhaps ?? Obi-Wan allowed a hint of a chagrined smile to cross his lips ?? at times I have even followed my instructions a little too closely.?

Mace scowled. ?After all these years, you picked now to let Anakin rub off on you??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Mace reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. ?You trusted in yourself and in the Force, Obi-Wan. That is what we are all trained to do.?

?I know.? The corners of Obi-Wan?s mouth curled. ?Although I seem to recall you weren?t nearly as supportive of Qui-Gon when he told the Council these sorts of things.?

I loved this line from the BSFC teaser as you know... *grins*

You?ve nailed the characterizations perfectly once again. =D= The dialogue between the three Jedi masters demonstrates that so well, it was a joy to read. I could see them all clearly in my mind as I was reading the scene. :D

?Again you are right, Anakin,? Palpatine said. ?Your wisdom is growing by the day.?

An indefinable look passed over the boy?s face. ?I guess we?ll find out.?

Palpatine put his hand on Anakin?s shoulder. ?I have faith in you, Anakin. You will not fail.?

?I?ll do my best.? Anakin stood tall. ?Once Grievous is destroyed, the war won?t last much longer.?

?We can hope. Perhaps??

Anakin looked to him expectantly. ?Perhaps what??

?Perhaps you can even persuade General Grievous to reveal the location of the other Separatist leaders.?

Anakin grinned. ?If he thinks it?ll save his own skin ? well, metal ? he probably will.?

:D [face_laugh] on that last line. :p And whoa! Anakin is quite the sabbacc player? But I wonder if the Chancellor is completely taken in... Or is he playing his own game as well? [face_thinking]

This is gooooooood![/Palps] *rubs hands* :D Can?t wait for more, Lexie!

24. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I'm dying to know just what Obi, Padme, Anakin discussed. [face_thinking] How much does Bail know now? Probably more than we do. o_O

Liked the scence with Yoda & Mace... let's us in on Yoda's "conversations" w/ Qui-Gon early in the story.

Palpatine is just so slimy! [face_sick]

25. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Finally caught up! Sorry I took so long to get to this wonderful fic!

Wow! What to say....?

=D==D==D==D=

Fantastic work, Darth-Lex!! Simply great. This is well-written and very well thought out. This is among the very best of the RoTS AU's I've read. Personally, I think this is better than my humble offering in FoTS, but...I think each has its place! :D

Superior work and fantastic writing. You've done a great job of giving your characters depth and meaning. I am really happy that you've given me the opportunity to read this fabulous work! Keep up the effort! Now the pressure's on to keep on producing great writing! [face_devil] (I feel a lot of pressure for my Yoda story coming up, with all the expectations people seem to have).

Take care!

=D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.