main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode III: The Chosen Future (ROTS AU; A/P, Obi-Wan): Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    please ¡¡ i need spme explanations,why on the 1st chapters anakin decided not join sidious,not even to save padme and on the last chapter he is with sidious ??please PM me when up.

2. Errine23

Errine23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 18, 2005
    Wow! I waited so patiently for this new chapter and it was well worth it.

You have captured Obi-Wan, Yoda and Windu perfectly. :) I've always thought that their interaction would be friendly and open.

But I still am confused!!! What happened between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme?!

LOL. I can't wait to read the next chapter on Friday. It will be a great b-day present for me. :D <hint hint>

3. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Mace scowled. ?After all these years, you picked now to let Anakin rub off on you??

[face_laugh]

4. Lord_Moordenaar

Lord_Moordenaar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2004
    Bring forth the next chapter Lord Lex :cool:

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Darth_Lex you went through Hurricane Dennis? Hehe, so did I. While I'm sorry for the destruction those in Florida had because of Dennis, I am glad he went in east of my hometown.

As for your post. Ooooh, very good. Me likes. And I didn't have to thwack anyone. Hehe :p

Abruptly Mace stopped in place and furrowed his brow.

?What??

?Am I going crazy,? Mace asked, ?or did he say, is??

[face_laugh] I had to chuckle at that one, just cause I could see Mace standing there doing this :confused: o_O [face_thinking]

6. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Waiting for next chapter[face_whistling]
    Great Story! Please post soon

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Most excellent post, Authorboy! I really like the way you do machinations and intrigue!

* rubs hands gleefully *

Great job!

8. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    It's getting good now

9. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    I had some time off, so started reading your retake on ANH. Must say that it was fab! Please note that I adored the last sentence of Episode IV so much that I added it to my sig file. (I hope you don't mind.) Soon to start reading Hope and Destiny aka The Sith Strike Back. ;)

At any rate, I hope that you will offer the Extra Scenes for TCF as you did for the other stories in this epic saga, because I want to know what was said amongst Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme in that secret meeting!!!!

And for this latest scene, the bluff and double-bluff between Anakin and Palpy had me smiling and cringing all at the same time.

Understand about the PMs. Will check on days noted. :)

10. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Okay Lex, the time has come. Here is my I?m officially caught up response. I responded to things as I went cause that?s how I like to do it when I can. Take each statement for what it is at that moment. So here it is:

Prolouge

The final battle of the Clone Wars has no military or political objective. It is the battle for Anakin Skywalker?s soul?

I found this line to be very powerful. Because after all, that?s what it all boils down to. The whole clone war?s purpose was to create a situation where Anakin would eventually fall. I?m really excited about this.

So tired of lying about Anakin ? and of keeping secrets from him.

I do not see this going anywhere good. Trust is a fragile thing, especially with Anakin. It?s so sad that he is trying to conceal his slow fall from her and she?s trying to conceal her political objectives from him. I definitely have a bad feeling about this.

?You?re going to need me for this one, Master,? his best friend had said. What Anakin had meant was, ?I?m going to need you.?

Aack! I only wish that he had realized this in the canon story!

Fixing things. That?s what he was good at. Taking action. Making things right. It didn?t matter if it was repairing his starfighter or blasting vulture droids, modifying his lightsaber or rescuing a pinned-down platoon, improving his cybernetic right arm or winning a battle. He always felt better when he was doing something.

In this paragraph, I think you have mastered Anakin?s character at his most basic levels, something that I don?t think many have been able to do. Masterful.

If Anakin didn?t learn the power to stop death, and fast, Padmé was as good as gone.

Another great line. The sad thing about the way this all turned out in the PT is that by trying to stop Padmé?s death, he had inadvertently been the cause of it. I?m hoping for some better news in your story. With some healthy angst and cliffies in between of course.

Anakin doubted he?d ever been this confused in his entire life.

It stinks because Anakin is essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place. In his mind, no matter what he does he loses. It?s a testament to choices. Choices affect the future. I?m looking forward to seeing what you will have his choices be, and how they will affect his future.

Chapter 1

?I? have terrible news,? he said.

Interesting that he has chosen to tell Padmé before he told the council. It is a testament to his love for her. And that fact that earlier he realized the depth of her love for him didn?t hurt either.

?Maybe I will,? she said, and the heat in her voice knocked his eyes wide. ?But you are not going to save me that way. I will not let you touch me with the dark side of the Force. Not me or our baby.?

This is one of those AU moments when you just want to say?If only. If only she had said this to him in the canon story. Let?s just say, I like your way better.

?Can?t you see how terribly convenient this vision of yours is??

THANK YOU! After the movie was over (the first time I saw it), I was trying to explain to my sister how I thought that Palps put that vision into Anakin?s head. She just gave me a blank look. I suppose 3:30 in the morning probably wasn?t the best time to discuss plot points like that with a 15 year-old.;)

?He put me there because he knew they would ask me to betray a friend I believed in better than them. The final wedge of mistrust, to break me off from them for good.?

Yes, exactly. Palpatine is always talking about forseeing things. Everything he did, he did for the sole purpose of turning Anakin. He even counted on Anakin finding out about his plan. What he didn?t count on here is that Anakin would go to Padmé first, not the Jedi Council. This act, I think, will change everything.

?This is what he wants. Your anger and your hate. Even if it?s directed at him, it?s still what he wants.?

Again, you?ve hit the proverbial nail

11. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Loved Obi Wan in this chapter. :D He just... had a presence, I guess... all right, that's not the right phrase...:p

Anyway, I think this catchse the tone of RotS very well...as well as setting up for a very wild ride.

I was curious, have you ever had anything published? The style of your work is very polished. (Or perhaps that just takes much practice. :p )

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Time for replies! :D

sethsky: I had some terminator flasbacks with that sentence.
    Yep. ;)

TKL: Hope DRL gets better soon, my Evil Partner. [:D]

JediMasterRev: I really like how Obi-Wan is acting more like Qui-Gon in this situation.
    He is ? but just a little. ;)

It will be interesting to see how Anakin going there will change the course of events.
    Guess we?ll find out soon? :D

DANA28: This is getting very interesting, to say the least.
    Thanks! :) Hopefully even more so as we go along?

Idrelle_Miocovani: I'm loving this, really, just as much as the original trilogy. Anakin's characterization is perfect!
    Wow, thanks! :D He?s a fun one to write, that?s for sure.

Red: The dialogue between the three Jedi masters demonstrates that so well, it was a joy to read. I could see them all clearly in my mind as I was reading the scene.
    Woohoo! [face_dancing] Exactly what I like to hear.

Anakin is quite the sabbacc player? But I wonder if the Chancellor is completely taken in... Or is he playing his own game as well?
    Well, this is Palpatine we?re talking about? [face_devil]

TahiriSoloFan: How much does Bail know now? Probably more than we do.
    :p More answers soon?

let's us in on Yoda's "conversations" w/ Qui-Gon early in the story.
    Yep. But what difference will it make? [face_thinking]

Souderwan: This is among the very best of the RoTS AU's I've read.
    Thank you! :) What a great compliment.

You?ve done a great job of giving your characters depth and meaning.
    Characterization is my favorite part of writing fanfic, actually. It?s a great challenge, but the rewards are worth it. :D Although coming up with evil plots is fun too. [face_devil]

Now the pressure's on to keep on producing great writing!
    I?ll do my best. ;) Thanks again for stopping by!

sithrules70: I guess you?ll just have to keep reading to get those answers. ;)

Errine23: I've always thought that their interaction would be friendly and open.
    Me too. We only see hints of that in the films, although there?s more in the EU. :cool:

But I still am confused!!! What happened between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Padme?!
    Sorry. Not gonna answer that quite yet. [face_devil]

Shinar: I liked that line too. :D

Lord_Moordenaar: As soon as I can. :)

Bulldog: I had to chuckle at that one, just cause I could see Mace standing there doing this
    Yep. Mace doesn?t get befuddled very often, but he is now. :p

callmesweet16: Thanks! :)

LP: I really like the way you do machinations and intrigue!
    Plenty more of that to come. [face_mischief]

Master_Jedi _Singh: Thanks! :)

The_Wookie_Girl: I had some time off, so started reading your retake on ANH. Must say that it was fab!
    Cool! :cool: Thanks for letting me know. (And of course you can use the sig line. Wow, I?m flattered. [face_blush] )

At any rate, I hope that you will offer the Extra Scenes for TCF as you did for the other stories in this epic saga, because I want to know what was said amongst Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme in that secret meeting!!!!
    Yep, I?ll probably do a few Missing Scenes for TCF. ;) But we?ll see which ones they turn out to be? [face_thinking]

Wildcat: Here is my I?m officially caught up response.
    Holy crap! :eek: What a long response! Thank you so much. [:D]

In this paragraph, I think you have mastered Anakin?s character at his most basic levels, something that I don?t think many have been able to do.
    Wow, thanks! :) I think one of the best aspects of Anakin?s character is that he?s got so many layers and contradictions. But at his core he?s still that street kid from Mos Espa who dreams of being a hero?

In his mind, no matter what he does he loses. It?s a testament to choices. Choices affect the future.
    And that?s what makes choices like that the most painful of all to have to make. :

13. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    It's probably the first time I'm happy that post is delayed :p

I will be able to catch up with the story :D

14. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Lex:Holy crap! :eek: What a long response! Thank you so much. [:D]

Hey, it's like I told TKL at Legacy. If a post demands a long response to me, I attempt to give it (though this one was a little extra long since it convered everything up to this point ;))

Wow, thanks! :) I think one of the best aspects of Anakin?s character is that he?s got so many layers and contradictions. But at his core he?s still that street kid from Mos Espa who dreams of being a hero?

Exactly. The problem I've seen in the way his character has been dealt with (by other characters) is that they see the contradictions and all the confusion but they don't really see the good heart that's beneath it. You do. That's why it's a pleasure to read your stuff.

And that?s what makes choices like that the most painful of all to have to make. :(

Yeah, it's difficult not to give in to despair at times like these. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take it.

I think it?s interesting that canon, both the film and the novelization, leaves open whether the vision is real (and made tragic by Anakin?s choices) or planted (in anticipation of those choices). Same thing with the Plagueis legend ? was it just a ploy to lure Anakin, or a true Sith power used to keep Vader alive? [face_thinking]

I know. It drives me crazy every time I see it!8-}

That?s another funny thing about Anakin. He?s definitely smart, and has moments of cunning and insight. But he?s also impulsive and emotional, and sometimes that overrides the rational side of him. So in the right context, like the conversation with Padmé, we?d see the mature side of him. :)

Yeah. I definitely like those moments where he is being cunning and insightful;)

Definitely. :cool: Padmé is certainly ruthless in her own way, and we see some of that in TPM, AOTC, and the ROTS novelization. But she also keeps her integrity, which makes quite a contrast to Palpatine.

(emphasis mine)

It drove me crazy the way they had her characterized in the ROTS movie. Almost all we ever saw was her crying. I like to think of her as strong and they novelization did a better job of portraying her that way. Of course, I love your Padmé a lot more (possibly cause she lives longer and produces children that I fell in love with in the other three stories)

Woohoo! [face_devil]

Yeah, you would get pleasure out of freaking me out.:p

Looking forward to the next post!

15. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    Looking forward to your next post, I am :D

16. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    A few more replies before the post. ;)

Chimpo: Did you catch up yet? :p

Wildcat: they see the contradictions and all the confusion but they don't really see the good heart that's beneath it.
    I agree. Through the whole Clone Wars and even well into ROTS, the vast majority of the time Anakin wants to do the right thing for the galaxy. It?s only when he puts saving Padmé ahead of everything else (that chilling moment in the novelization when he weighs her life against all the Jedi? :_| ) that we see the ?Anakin? good heart be crushed by the utterly selfish choices of the ?Vader? cold heart.

I like to think of her as strong and they novelization did a better job of portraying her that way.
    Yeah, the cuts of the political scenes from the film really did a disservice to Padmé?s characterization in the movies. :(

princessleia911: Wait no longer! :D

Posting momentarily. ;)

17. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    CHAPTER THREE (Part One)

?Let?s go, Artoo.?

Even before the lander settled on the landing platform, Anakin sprang down to the stone tiles. His trusty astromech ignited a burst from his booster rockets and coasted to the floor beside him. Together they went straight to the battle assessment table the clonetroopers had set up a few meters into the sinkhole?s hangar bay. When they arrived Artoo immediately jacked into a data port and began his assigned task.

Anakin tipped his head to the clone in charge. ?Cody.?

The commander returned the greeting. ?General.?

?How is the attack progressing??

?It?s going well, sir. We?ve already taken control of three full levels, with substantial progress on three more.?

?Excellent.? Anakin scanned the data scrolling along the table?s edge, then glanced down to Artoo, who blooped and beeped happily. ?Any word of the Separatist leaders??

Cody shook his head. ?Our surveillance teams observed a number of enemy ships jump to hyperspace before General Kenobi?s blockade order could be implemented, sir. Based on what the locals are telling us, the leadership council was with them.?

?And Grievous??

?Still here, sir. Tenth level.?

?That?s all right, then.? Anakin couldn?t help but think there had been something odd in Cody?s voice. He met his loyal friend?s gaze. ?What aren?t you telling me, Cody??

The clone flashed a grin. ?Let?s just say, I have a feeling he stayed behind because he?s waiting for you, sir.?

Anakin chuckled. ?Convenient, considering I?m looking for him.?

?Yes, sir.?

Artoo whistled and trilled excitedly.

?Show me,? Anakin said. A moment later Artoo?s holographic projector displayed a map of the tenth level of the sinkhole. Two locations were indicated with flashing markers. ?Great job, Artoo,? he said, patting the astromech?s dome with his right hand. ?Wait here, and make sure no one leaves unless I say so.?

The droid warbled assent.

Cody followed as Anakin headed back toward the lander. ?You sure you don?t want any backup, sir??

?I?ll be fine, Cody.?

?If you say so, sir.?

?Hey,? Anakin said, flashing a grin of his own as he stepped up into the lander?s open troop bay, ?it?s Obi-Wan who always gets himself into trouble when he?s on his own, remember??

?Right you are, sir. Shall we leave some droids for you??

?They?re all yours, Commander,? Anakin replied, waving his hand as a signal to the pilot to take off. ?There?s only one droid here who interests me.?

Padmé rested her hands on the small table in front of her and looked up at her friend. ?You?re angry.?

?No,? Bail said. He was pacing back and forth in the conference room with deliberate purpose, almost as if he actually had somewhere to go. In truth they were sequestered aboard the [i]Tantive IV[/i] on a contrived journey to dock with an Alderaanian freighter just arrived in orbit over Coruscant. It was the only place they truly could speak freely. ?Not angry. Just? concerned about the reliability of your source.?

?I understand.?

?I do not know how much we can trust anyone in these times. Even the Jedi.?

?I know.? She took a deep breath. ?The Jedi believe in the Republic, in democracy, as much as we do. We must believe they will stand with us, even if they cannot do it openly.?

?Yes.?

?You still don?t seem convinced.?

He sat down across from her, and sighed. ?You say this? [i]information[/i] the Jedi possess will lead not just to Palpatine?s removal from office, but his absence from the political landscape entirely. How can we be certain of that, when we don?t know what it is??

For a long moment Padmé closed her eyes. As much as it pained her to deceive him, she couldn?t risk telling him the horrible truth. Not yet. No one else could know. Everything depended on it.

?I know? enough,? she said when she opened her eyes again, and the deceptive truth in those words eased her conscience, if only a little. ?I realize I?m asking you to take a great deal on faith.?

?If it were only faith in you, I would have no conc

18. Luthe

Luthe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Ha! First comment! Go me!

::pumps fist:: Fight! Fight! Fight!

Though I will say, I want to know what Obi-Wan's up to. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the old guy. :(

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Drat! [face_not_talking]

Good job, Luthe! =D=

Greivous versus Ani :D [face_mischief] Good one!

20. Erin_21

Erin_21 Jedi Master star 2

May 27, 2005
    :), an update!!! yeah!!!!! :D, I loved this chapter, specially this:
    I just love it!!!!!!!, more, more, please!!!, be well and take care.

21. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    *peeks over a pile of boxes and dashes to the computer*

did Grievous really think he was that stupid?

Well he and Obi-wan did fall for the forcefield on the battle cruiser [face_thinking] :p

I definitly prefer Anakin's behavior here to the movie! :D

22. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Outstanding job, Darth_Lex! I almost forgot to come check this! The dialogue is fantastic and the action is good. I particularly like you flipping from political fight to physical fight (I used this in FoTS too and I liked the way it worked, there). There's this sense of immediacy throughout your piece.

Super job!

=D=

23. sethsky

sethsky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    fantastic, yes anakin, use the force!!
    can't wait for the duel

seeya

24. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Hi,

I am fairly new to these boards, and I've been a lurker for quite sometime. After struggling with myself (I am a shy person by nature) I decided to come out of hiding and tell you how wonderful I think your stories are. (I am a sucker for AU's) I think it's fun and interesting to mix up the SW universe every now and then.

Make no mistake though, I am more of a spectator than a writer when it comes to fan fiction!:)

And as a mere spectator, I gladly applaude your work Darth_Lex! =D= I am looking forward to more of this great story! [face_peace]

25. JediJainaSoloFel

Jun 5, 2004
    Lex:Loved the post. The dialogue was especially witty this time. I love it!

The clone flashed a grin. ?Let?s just say, I have a feeling he stayed behind because he?s waiting for you, sir.?

Anakin chuckled. ?Convenient, considering I?m looking for him.?

Ooh! I like witty Anakin!:D

?Hey,? Anakin said, flashing a grin of his own as he stepped up into the lander?s open troop bay, ?it?s Obi-Wan who always gets himself into trouble when he?s on his own, remember??

Yeah, Obi-Wan always seems to find trouble. Or rather, trouble seems to find him. Anakin's the same way though, he's just better at getting out of it than Obi-Wan. Plus, he's got that whole chosen one thing going on.

For a long moment Padmé closed her eyes. As much as it pained her to deceive him, she couldn?t risk telling him the horrible truth.

Yeah, that really stinks. It's hard to keep important things from those you are close with. But she's right, it's too important to let it slip.

?If it were only faith in you, I would have no concerns at all.?

Yeah, she's awesome that way!

?Wait a minute! Me??

She shook her head. ?Yes you, Bail. You?re the perfect choice.?

?How do you figure that??

Ummm...didn't he run against Palpatine in the first race?(After Vallorum) Obviously he thought it was a good idea then. I realize the situation has worsened since then but he needs to find some of that self-confidence he had then.

?No,? Padmé said without hesitation. ?Absolutely not.?

That's Padme, so true to democracy.

She frowned up at him. ?As long as you?re aware I despise the very idea of this.?

That's something I love about her. She's not afraid to let people know what she's thinking.

Padmé chuckled soberly. ?If only the stakes weren?t quite so high.?

Yeah. The weight of the galaxy is on their shoulders.

His billowing black cloak settled around him, the cowl still covering his head and his hand still concealed within.

We all know how unsettling that look can be. At least he doesn't have yellow sith eyes this time.

?Going somewhere, coward??

He just can't resist taunting his enemy.

?We meet again, Anakin Skywalker,? the biodroid general said in his raspy voice. ?But I?m disappointed. I was expecting someone more? important. Like Kenobi.?

More important than the chosen one?o_O

?Sorry. You?re going to have to settle for me.?

?What a shame. I was looking forward to finally killing him.?

?That?s a coincidence,? Anakin said. ?I?ve been looking forward to finally killing you.?

Ah, more wit from Anakin. I'm liking it. It shows that whole other level to his character.

Next post on Tuesday the 26th?

Anakin

vs.

Grievous

Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.