main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    HMMMM, where to start? This is brilliant!

From the gentle sniping between Obi and Ani at the start to the gang gathering to go rescue Leia - it all works so well. The situations are different, yet the characters still act in the way we're familiar with.(Loved the throwaway reference to Bespin!)

You've got me hooked again, Darthy boy!

2. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Oooo.. the elements: Luke and Mara.... Leia a widow!!!!!! And all the action and adventure!

Up!

Up!

Up!

3. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    so missed me? :D lol Man you are a great writer, this story is just wonderfull, why can`t you write the Star Wars movies, i mean you wouldn`t create Jar Jar! or would you? hmmmmmmm lol UP!

4. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    SEQUEL! I loved the first one! I can't wait to see where this one goes!
    Are the Sith(s?) twins? That would be interesting.
    :eek: :eek:
    Is Leia going to be okay?
    I alos loved the DADDY! cry. That was great.

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    stacysatrip: Thanks!
    illuminatrix: That's quite compliment. Thank you! :D
    leia_naberrie: Everything happens for a reason... ;)
    Jesus_the_Hut: Welcome back! Is that a challenge? Maybe I will... :p
    PhoenixMage: Thank you! As to your questions, well, you'll see sooner or later. [face_laugh]

Thanks again everyone! Next post to follow momentarily. :D

6. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Enjoy! :D

CHAPTER TWO (Part 1 of 2)

Luke kept his eyes closed. He had seen the bright streaks of lightspeed on hundreds of occasions in his life, and yet each time it still made his stomach queasy. So he would test himself by trying to keep them shut for the entire duration of the eleven-hour hyperspace jump from Gimna 3 to Sullust. He was five hours along and successful.

In the back of his consciousness he felt a simple push.

Oh, bantha poodoo. She had sensed his inability to clear his mind.

The push came again, this time accompanied by words. Did something happen, Luke?

No, Mara. I?m fine, he answered with as much insistence as he could muster. At lightspeed the communications equipment on their X-Wings could not function. So before the leap to hyperspace they had reached out into the Force and formed a small tether between their minds. They could stay in contact and respond immediately if either of them encountered any problems. The Force, after all, did not respect such notions as proximity and velocity and electromagnetic interference. It existed everywhere, flowing among all the suns and worlds and starships on countless orbits and paths in deep space. As long as they held their concentration, it was no different than if they sat in the same room.

You?re not fine, she scolded. Don?t pretend you are. Deal with your emotions; don?t hide from them.

I don?t need a lecture, and certainly not from you, he snapped back. I know what I?m doing. Show me a little more respect.

I?m sorry, Mara apologized, sending a sincere wave of sympathy to accompany her thought. I?m worried about Leia too. Unlike Luke, she had no idea who her parents were. In fact, the Order itself didn?t know. After Anakin had slain Darth Sidious over two decades ago, a terse offhand note in one of his files had led the Jedi to a grimy orphanage in the slums of Kessel. Apparently Sidious had planned to train Mara in the dark side of the Force but never had the chance. In a supreme irony, she now was Padawan learner to the very Jedi who had killed him. And in the twelve years of her apprenticeship, Mara felt she had become a member of the Skywalker family. She was welcome on vacations, at birthday parties, and for simple dinners at the residence. Even when she and Luke were at each other?s throats over some quarrel in the Temple, they always behaved themselves for family events. Leia was her sister in all the ways that mattered. But Mara wasn?t her twin.

I know. Luke took a deep breath and blew it out very slowly through a tiny gap in his lips. He steeled his resolve and went ahead. Will you help me find her? It bothered him immensely to need her assistance. He was revealing weakness to the one Jedi who always had been most inclined to exploit any and all of his faults. The only reason she would be accommodating now, he decided, was her own concern for Leia. Were he to ask this of her in any other context, he would never hear the end of it.

And she knew it. Without meaning to, Mara let her surprise radiate back to Luke through the little umbilical cord in the Force. Of course I will. She let Luke take the lead. He knew his twin better than any other person in the galaxy did; better even than Leia?s late husband Jarren Organa had. Luke?s problem was not with his connection with Leia. It was with controlling his own feelings, knowing the grave dangers she faced. And Mara could help with that.

Luke did his best to clear his mind and push away his anxiety about Leia?s seizure and his incipient antagonism toward her captors. He focused his thoughts solely on Leia: her Force signature, her brilliant strength of will, her power of personality. He stretched his feelings out into the Force, searching for her. Although really it didn?t matter, it helped his concentration to think of her as being somewhere ahead of him, trapped on a Vyhrragian frigate probably loc

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hey - I want to be a Jedi, too! I want to play cool mind games on boring car trips and to be able to find loved ones anywhere just by reaching out with my mind!

Seriously, it is so interesting to imagine these charactrs meeting and working together in a completely different ways and under different circumstances. Han, Lando and Chewie are soldiers - but I get the distict feeling that even then they don't follow all the rules. Mara is practically a member of the Skywalker family. Go figure!

I also like the details - training room 8 is green! And who knew that Padawans rank below Captains, but Jedi Masters rank above them? Neat!

This is a great post. But I want more.

8. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    ?A Jedi Master about fifty years old, gray hair, beard, wearing those ugly brown robes, grumpy and acting like he?s the most intelligent and insightful guy in the galaxy. A Padawan learner, same ridiculous outfit, maybe sixteen or seventeen years old, aloof and quiet, never saying a word, looking all nervous like he just wet his pants.? [face_laugh]

lol, that was so hilarious! [face_laugh] Han couldn't have been more wrong! [face_laugh]

Wonderful post! :D :D

9. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Monica: GMTA. ;) I was about to quote the same thing and say it was hilarious. :)

Great post, Lex. And I absolutely love your attention to detail...I can only hope to repeat the same in my own writing. And the tension is mounting...why do they want Leia? Hmmm...

10. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Ah..Han Solo meets the PT.
    I love this post! Leaves me wanting more.
    I especially like Luke and Mara's bickering.
    8 is green, she barked.
    Are you sure?
    Yes, idiot. I?m sure
    [face_laugh]

11. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like this story. I am glad to see that Luke is snapping back at Mara and keeping her (somewhat) in line. Somehow, I doubt that Han will be able to resist rescuing this Senator. I hope you write more soon!

12. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    o0o0o0o i missed two posts. but i just read them and i like them. this just keeps getting more interesting wiht all the characters you keep inserting. :)

UP!

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Great portrayal of Luke especially... he's not too nieve but not too overly Cocky... Looking forward!!

14. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Excellent job on details. I could see everything perfectly.
    I liked tghe Force-link training room thing with Luke and Mara. That was great.
    Why didn't Luke mention that Leia was his sister? Couldn't that come in handy for them?

15. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Luke and Mara are still fighting 8-}

I really liked the saber fights in the training room. So Luke and Han finally meet. I do wonder what the kidnappers want with Leia...

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    COOL CHAPTER!! VERY INTERESTING APPROACH.

17. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    Gotta love the Luke/Mara interaction, another awesome post. :D

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I like your Luke. He's still got the same impatientness, but since he's been raised by the Jedi, he's more confident. Enjoyed the banter between Luke and Mara, too.
    It's good for Han to get another view of the Jedi. Though I think he'll be in for a surprise when it comes to the Jedi following the rules and not attempting a rescue. I don't know if any of the commanders know about Luke's relationship with Leia, but I know that boy ain't gonna want to hold off rescue.

19. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Very good post Darth!
    Mara/Luke, I love them. Excellent! [face_love] I expect a lot of fun from them and a lot of mush later, perhaps?

<<8 is green, she barked.

Are you sure?

Yes, idiot. I?m sure.>> [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Excellent!

And Han is super! Have I told you that Han is the male character I like most (second after Anakin of coarse) in the whole saga? I like very much his doubts about the Jedi thing and I see that we shall have them.

<<?Solo. Han Solo,? he answered. At least the kid had started off on the right foot by bothering to glance at the insignia of rank on his uniform.>>
    Luke will be "the kid" for Han I pressume. And of coarse a great friendship is starting, right?

And Lando...
    <<Meanwhile, Lando had slid smoothly to the side and shook hands with the young woman. ?Lieutenant Commander Lando Calrissian, Special Operations Division,? he grinned. ?And who might you be??>> [face_laugh] The well known Lando from ESB!

Can't wait from the next post. All the gang together and Mara with them... Future is expected glorious.

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    geo3: In many ways, the details are as fun to write as the larger story. And I'm very glad you find this AU scenario credible. ;)
    Monica: Thanks! [face_laugh] That's pretty much what I imagine Han would have thought of Qui-Gon. :p
    anakin_girl: Thanks! [face_blush] You'll have your answer -- eventually. [face_devil] [face_devil]
    Lando_Plenty: They don't get along; what can I say? :p
    Dally: I'm very glad you like the characterization. :D
    JediCami: Thank you!
    DB: Thanks! I guess this AU Luke is working out well so far! ;)
    PhoenixMage: Thanks! And you'll see later why he didn't. ;)
    aotc02: They'll be squabbling for a while. :p
    qingauk: Thanks!
    DarthSon: Thank you!
    RebelMom: That's exactly what I had in mind for Luke! Yay! [face_laugh] :D We'll see how Han and Mara handle him. ;)
    JediArwen: Yep, I'm a big Han fan too. I'm glad you like the way I'm writing him (and the others too). Thanks! :D

Looks like the next post will be on Sunday morning. :D :)

21. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    great post

ditto with everyone that said they liked the Luke/Mara interaction. That was excellent.

:D

22. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    "Is that a challenge?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO its not a challenge!!the story is perfect just the way it is (needs more Padme but... ;) lol ) i specially liked this part "a silent prayer of thanks for the Jedi pair?s choice of attire, which accentuated the curves of her body with breathtaking accuracy." :D need i say more?! oh and the part " Han thought he heard a not-very-subtle disapproving cough from Skywalker" was funny!! the green eyed sith strikes again! lol
    UP!

23. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    "A Jedi Master about fifty years old, gray hair, beard, wearing those ugly brown robes, grumpy and acting like he?s the most intelligent and insightful guy in the galaxy. A Padawan learner, same ridiculous outfit, maybe sixteen or seventeen years old, aloof and quiet, never saying a word, looking all nervous like he just wet his pants.? [face_laugh] GL would be devastated to know that an outsider can have this opinion on the children of his imagination!! :D (I'd bet some of the not-so-die-hard SW fans think the same :D )

Really, you have a very interesting writing style, especially regarding the adjectives and descriptions- it's extremely powerful, sometimes, when you describe a character, I can see the character and forget totally what the character is doing- a very interesting experience indeed- and unique, too. In previous posts when you mentioned Anakin's short grey hair or Kenobi's beard the same thing happened- they just appeared in my mind, vividly, with colors etc. I wonder the other readers experinced the same. Anyway it hasn't happened to me that powerful before (maybe in LOTR when I read about woods and sunsets... but never in the middle of a "normal" scene) :) :) :)

24. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Up till Sunday morning. :)

25. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Wow......

Now that I am all caught up this is great!!!
    I applaud your writing talent Darth Lex...it's awesome....

Sorry it took so long, it's my last week before finals so I've been on and off a lot...but here I am....
    Like everyone else....I really loved the daddy part :) :)

"looking all nervous like he just wet his pants" HAHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was so funny!!

Now....on to the next chapter!!!!

Go Luke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~C3Solo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.