main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Fun chapter...I particularly liked how Han perceived the Jedi. Very consistent with his character.

--MissPadme

2. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    It's Sunday noon in Greece.
    This way the earth turns around is rather disturbing. :mad:

3. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    JediLiz: Thank you! I think it's difficult to strike the right balance in how viciously they fight, so I'm glad you like it. :D
    Jesus_the_Hut: Padme's in the next chapter. ;)
    LadyZ: I don't know what to say. [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you!! What a compliment. (Although to be fair, it helps that I can draw upon the established images of the films -- it makes my task much simpler! :p)
    C3SoloPO: Thank you very much! :D
    MissPadme: Thanks! I'm glad to hear the AU Han is working! ;)

And thanks for the ups, JediArwen. (I can't do anything about the whole time zones thing, I'm sorry. :p [face_laugh])

Next post up momentarily. :)

4. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Here it is. :D

CHAPTER TWO (Part 2 of 2)

Senator Leia Skywalker Organa of Naboo lay on her back on the cold, hard tile floor of the barren detention cell. She guessed it probably had been close to a standard day since the Marigold had been attacked. Exhaustion was beginning to take over her body, but she dreaded the possibility of falling asleep. Against her will, her eyes closed and her mind drifted toward slumber. Then the images began to replay themselves again.

The two black-clothed figures with red lightsabers stood in the small conference room on the schooner. They did not speak a word to her and she could not see their faces. Finally the shorter one, the one Leia thought was a woman, had motioned to the door with the tip of her blade. Leia rose from her seat and followed the taller figure, which appeared to be a man, while the woman trailed behind with the four Vyhrragian soldiers. As they walked to the rear of the starship to exit, Leia saw the corpses of all twelve Naboo guards. She saw no evidence they had inflicted any harm on their attackers. The number of blaster wounds on each body seemed excessive, especially on Captain Wayland. Argis? troops were not known for their mercy. The shocktroops the Holonet had dubbed the ?brownshirts? were vicious and cruel.

She was led out into the large docking bay of the Vyhrragian frigate. Two rows of brownshirts were lined up on either side as they passed. At the end of the formation, the two dark figures deactivated their lightsabers and signaled to a squad of a dozen more brownshirts. Still without speaking a single word, the figures walked away toward the rear of the docking bay. The sergeant of the squad did speak. ?If you will follow me voluntarily, I would be willing not to use restraints.?

?Thank you,? she acknowledged diplomatically. The soldiers led her through several passageways and up several turbolifts until they arrived at the detention cell.

As the cell door slid down behind her in her memory, Leia?s eyes snapped open. She pulled herself up from the prone position and propped her back against the wall. She hugged her knees to her chest with both arms as tears began to trace down her cheeks again.

She didn?t know how many more times she could relive those scenes before she went mad. In particular, the pale dead face of Captain Wayland haunted her. She didn?t know how she was going to tell his widow and young son. Then again, she had a model to follow. Somehow her mother had been able to gather herself together and keep her composure when she had come to tell Leia that Jarren was dead.

That was another image that visited Leia constantly in her dreams. Even with her eyes open, she could see exactly the way Padmé?s face had looked in that moment. The redness in her eyes, the slight tilt of her head, the locks of her usually immaculate hair that were out of place, the grim expression of her frown.

Leia couldn?t believe Jarren had been gone six months already. That was half as long as they had been married, a quarter of the length of their relationship from their first date until his death. She shuddered at the concept that before she knew it, she would reach the point when she had been without him as long as she had been with him.

She looked down to see the front of her simple long-sleeved white shirt soaked with tears. It occurred to her, though, that now Jarren was very much on her mind. She closed her eyes and focused her thoughts on the innumerable happy memories she had of him. Although she was not a Jedi, she had acquired a power of concentration not so different from what her twin brother possessed. She instructed herself to dwell only on those wonderful recollections. And after a few more minutes Leia finally was able to achieve enough peace to sleep for a while. It didn?t matter that her captors had not provided a cot or even a sleepsack.

---

In a small meditation room in the Jedi Temple, Obi-Wan Kenobi sat cross-legge

5. JediCami

JediCami Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    yay 1st reply!!! well..I feel special. lol
    Great post...once again. do i even need to mention it?

UP!

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nice post and good to see Yoda again. So, he's retired at a Tropical Resort? or is that just a joke word for Dagobah. :p ;)

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    You are giving this story such a solid foundation. I can visualize the current setup in your AU Galaxy so well; where Han, Land and Chewie fit into it; the friendships among the Jedi, and the threat of the brownhirts (a chilling enough reference by itself, I would have thought.)

And then you give us this:

?Hmm,? Yoda nodded. ?Fulfill it, he will. Prevented from his destiny, he cannot be.? ...... ?Nevertheless, much sorrow I feel for him. Deserve this, he does not. Yet in agreement we all are. In balance, the Force is not. Fulfilled a second time, the prophecy must be.?

The Chosen One has clearly made all the right choices first time around and lived the life we all wished for him.

So....why do I have such a bad feeling about this?

Keep it up - I can't wait for the next one.

8. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Great post. Poor Anakin--he thought his mission to bring balance to the Force was over, and now it looks like the Sith are back. Stupid Sith. :mad:

Even though he was older than Solo by several years, his lower rank was due to his persistent failure to follow procedure.

LOL. I can see this about Lando.

Great post, Lex.

9. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    It seemed to him there were two possibilities: either the mission would be a tremendous success or the youngsters would provoke an all-out war. lol, either way it's sure to he hilarious! [face_laugh]

I loved the conversation between Mace, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. lol, Yoda living in a tropical resort was great! [face_laugh] I can just imagine the Jedi master lounging out under some palm trees! [face_laugh] :p

Wonderful post!! :D

10. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Yoda! Always nice to see him, it is :D . I liked the beginning of the conversation between him, Mace, and Obi-Wan. Nice and lighthearted.
    Wonderful post.

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Yoda's retired to a tropical resort? hehe. Loved the jokes about size matters not.
    Liked seeing the admirals thoughts about the rescue team(I know they will be a rescue team.) Great job in characterizing Han, Lando and Chewie.

12. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Good job on this chapter.. seems strange reading about an Anakin who did not become DV but your skill is keeping me interested!

13. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    That is was an excellent post, Lex. I loved Admiral Mirkalla's thoughts on Luke, Mara, Han, Chewie, and Lando and him wishing them luck by saying May The Force Be With You. Keep up the good work.

14. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I like this. The new situations are true to the old characters. Very interesting - luke seems tougher and Leia seems softer - like a reversal of when we met them ANH.

15. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    My most humble applogies Lex, My story is keeping me preoccupied these days and I still don't have anything posted! Urgh!
    But, back to your story! Guiness? You're joking right? How can you be so cruel to me? Hummm...but, you can't control who I conjure up in my mind as older Obi Wan now can you! LOL
    Wonderful set of posts - I love the banter between Mara and Luke! And what a parade of OT characters! Splendid!

16. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Poor Leia! I sure hope she gets rescued before long.

Good job with the AU set-up. Everyone is still in character.

--MissPadme

17. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Mirkalla thought perhaps Solo had missed his true calling in life. Had he become a smuggler for a Hutt criminal syndicate, he would be uncatchable.

It's great how you can tie in the OT with this story. The plot is different but the characters are all the same.

18. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Just read the last 2 posts. So Yoda's on a "Tropical Resort," huh? I can just see him sipping Pina Coladas with umbrellas in them, sitting on a lounge chair by the ocean, in swimming trunks, LOL! Great story though; you are quite imaginative!

19. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    Poor Leia, first a widow and now this! :_| But I don't worry because I know Han is just about to come out of the corner for her. :)

I like the talk between Yoda, Mace and Obi.

<<?Scramble code six to the Outer Rim, destination Tropical Resort.? >>
    Dagobah a Tropical Resort? [face_laugh] Strange ideas have you for tropical resorts, Darth.

<<?Forget so quickly, you do,? the image teased. ?Read your thoughts, I can. Supposed, I did, that by now such humor would have lost its novelty, hmm??

?Sorry, Master,? Obi-Wan laughed. ?Size does not matter.?

?Yes, yes,? Yoda grinned. ?Taught you well, I have. But contact me to share jokes, you did not.? >>
    Excellent! I like the way you use well known phrases in your stories.

The way you describe Han and Lando is great. It suits with Han's and Lando's characters, as they appear in OT. If they were in the navy there is no doubt that they have too many problems with military hierarchy.
    I can't wait for seeing all of them together in action. :D

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Congratulations, Jedi_Liz, for being the first to mention that Tropical Resort is Obi-Wan's code word for Dagobah (just like the Old Folks Home in AOTC). :p And congrats to stacysatrip for the funniest image of Yoda if he were on a real beach vacation! [face_laugh]

JediCami: Thanks! And yes you do need to mention it! :p
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks!
    geo3: I'm glad you find the AU setup so credible. And I have no comment one way or the other on your feeling... ;)
    anakin_girl: Stupid Sith indeed. :p
    Monica: Yes, the kids have quite a mission on their hands. :D
    PhoenixMage: I see them as three old friends who haven't lost the fun they have together. :)
    RebelMom: Thanks! And yes, they will rescue her -- eventually. :eek: ;)
    qingauk: Glad to hear it! :D
    NickStarwalker: Well, the admiral's a worried guy. [face_laugh]
    Lando_Plenty: That's a very good point; and it's a function of their different backstories here than in the OT. Leia's toughness will appear, though, don't worry. ;)
    FAB: Thanks! I give you dispensation to imagine Obi however you like. :p
    MissPadme: Thank you!
    aotc02: That's what I'm trying to accomplish. And there will be a lot of similarities and references to the OT in this story. ;)
    stacysatrip: Thanks! :D
    JediArwen: I'm very glad you're enjoying the characters and the story so much. :D :D

I've decided! The next post will be tomorrow morning (EST, JediArwen :p) -- I hope you enjoy it! ;)

21. JediArwen

Dec 12, 2002
    So, you make fun of me, :eek: :_| :mad: evil Darth. ;) [face_laugh]
    Well, what can I do? I have to wait for tomorrow morning (EST), and I will practice on a certain virtue that's not one of my strong ones.
    JediArwen tries to focus on the positive.

22. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Yes, JediArwen, I think you, me, TPM/AOTC Anakin, and ANH/ESB Luke all need to work on the same virtue -- patience. ;)

Here's the next post, everyone! Our first chance to see what Ani and Padmé are like now that they're all grown up. :p

Author's Note: For those who haven't read A Bumpier Road, the duel with Dooku in that story evolved differently, so when you notice the difference from AOTC in this post (and the next one), that's why. :p ;)

Hope you enjoy!! :D :D

CHAPTER THREE (Part 1 of 2)

What passed for the mess hall on the Republic Navy corvette was little more than a small, dimly lit room containing a half-dozen round tables with chairs. The spartan conditions were to be expected, however; the ship?s sole function was to transport soldiers from one location to another. The vessel was so mundane it had not even been given a name. It was simply Corvette 2157. And its design did not contemplate guests.

?I feel bad for Artoo and Threepio,? Padmé whispered to Jenny over their steaming cups of cocoa. The droids had been unceremoniously deactivated and tossed into a mechanical closet. The corvette was loaded to capacity with the weapons and gear of the platoon of forty-eight Special Forces troops under Lieutenant Bryon Skywalker?s command. Wandering droids with meddlesome personalities only would have created problems.

?Don?t. At least they?re not aware of it,? Jenny smiled, hoping to lighten the mood for the woman who was her boss, mentor, and dear friend. Instead, the other implication of her statement hung in the air. The private who ordinarily had the other bunk in Bryon?s room also had been raised on Naboo. Padmé was someone he had learned about in school ? to him she was a heroine of the greatest magnitude. He was more than happy to give up his bed for her. Nevertheless, the kind young man would be spending the night in a sleepsack on the floor of a storage room because they were here.

?I suppose so,? Padmé agreed. She reached up to hold her face in her hands as she propped her elbows on the table and let out a very forlorn sigh.

?I?m sure Anakin will still be at Sullust when we arrive,? Jenny suggested quietly. ?He wouldn?t leave without seeing you. It?s been so long.?

?I know,? Padmé nodded. Three months had passed, in fact, since the last time she and Anakin had been together in person. It was one of the longest periods of separation in their marriage and she did not like it in the slightest. ?I hope he?s okay.?

Jenny raised an eyebrow. ?Do you have any reason to think he isn?t??

?No.? Padmé unconsciously let her right hand drift over to tug at the faded and worn hand-carved japoor snippet pendant hanging from a thin chain around her neck.

Jenny had seen the habit so many times she didn?t even perceive it. ?Then why?d you say that??

?I don?t know,? Padmé sighed again. ?Because I?m not okay, I guess. I?m imputing my own fears to him.? She sat back in the chair and clutched the edge of the table, her knuckles gradually going white from the grip. ?I?m afraid for Leia. I worry about Luke and Mara on this mission to try to find her. I?m afraid there?s going to be a war, a horribly bloody and awful one. I really thought I might not see another major conflict in my lifetime. And now one?s not only here, but my children and my husband are going to end up right in the middle of it.?

?Everything will be fine, Padmé,? her friend soothed.

?I used to think so too,? Padmé frowned mournfully. ?And then Jarren was murdered. Nothing?s been fine since that day.? She glanced around the mess hall and realized there was only one other occupied table. ?I hope they can enjoy their reunion,? she motioned with her left hand. ?These aren?t exactly ideal circumstances.?

Jenny turned around over her shoulder to see Bryon and Sarré sitting across a table from each other on the far side of the room. The youngsters were leaning in toward one another, immersed in what appeared to be

23. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I loved the conversation between Jenny and Padme!! ?I really thought she was going to die from embarrassment right then and there. I?ve never seen anyone blush so red. [face_laugh] If I was Sarré, I would've died right there! :p

And Anakin's conversation with his daughter was very touching.

What a wonderful, wonderful post! :D :D Keep up the excellent work! :)

24. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    PADME!!!!!! :D lol

25. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh, my. I keep feeling I'm reading a novel, not a fanfic, and then I hit the end of the post and I'm brought up short.

Such an interesting family, the way you are laying them out for us! Padme is quite something, as we would expect. The relationships are all so interesting. And Ankin - well, gray hair notwithstanding, he's quite magnificent, isn't he?

I'm particularly taken with Danae and her relationship with her father. I think you have done an exceptional job of creating it, and the conversation between them was marvelous. I'm fascinated by the way you have woven the Vader references into your AU story!

So...not long before the next post, I see. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.