main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    ?You will be in command of the mission, Major,? Dodonna said bluntly. ?The Navy wings will defer to your orders.? >>

Hehe. knowing interservice rivalry on Earth as I do, if the GFFA has anything similar, wonder how the flyboys will feel about taking orders from a ground-pounder...

:D

Two chapters of action? WOHOOOO!!!!

-Tim

2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Congrats on winning, Lex!! :D :D You deserved it! :)

And the missions begin, yay! :)

?Don?t be so certain until you hear who they are,? Obi-Wan winked.

?Wait, wait,? Bryon laughed. ?Let me guess.? He paused a moment for effect. ?Luke and Mara??
    [face_laugh] lol, sounds like Bryon has his work cut out for him! :p

I can't wait to see what happens between Han & Leia. [face_love] :) (Luke's 'message' to Han was hilarious! Brothers sure are protective! :p)

Wonderful post! :D I can't wait to see the action posts!!

3. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great post Darth! uh oh. Luke and Mara are heading for trouble.........

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    So the darkness begins! Mara dressing like Anakin had? Uhoh! The conversation between Han and Lando when they were waiting for Leia was great. Two chapters of action coming? Yes!

Congrats on your win! :) You definatly deserve it! And I'll be there for the next awards to support this all the way!

--later--

5. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Woah. Luke and Mara are starting to scare me almost as much as Bryon. Did all of Anakin's boys inherit the Dark Side tendencies. The girls seem fine. But Luke and Bryon, they need some anger management if you ask me.

?You?re sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath.?
    Han glared back at him while vigorously scratching his scalp beneath his short brown hair. ?I haven?t seen her in three months, buddy.?
    Lando laughed. ?I don?t think you?ve been this nervous since you were almost
    kidnapped by those hired goons.?
    Han was not amused. ?You were the one the Hutt?s men trapped, and I rescued you, remember??

[face_laugh] More brillance from Lex working in stuff from the movies. I love it.

"I?m confident I can work effectively with them.? [face_laugh] I can just see him saying this all calmly with a smile in his eyes. And Obi-Wa being all, "Of course you can work with them, two of them are related to you and the other you grew up with since she's your father's apprentice!"

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    How about that ? rebellious Padawans expressing their attitudes in their appearance! I?ll be expecting multiple piercings, tattoos, and rainbow hair colors next. Have fun, Jedi masters ?.may the Force be with you?.

Love the Han/Lando/Leia/ Threepio interaction. Poor Threepio. Nobody loves him. The ?relax, you?re sweating? bit was great fun!

As for Han and Leia ? I think you?ve got them pegged. Han would never admit how much he?s looking forward to this mission with her, would he?

?Yeah, it?s good to see you too,? he said nonchalantly. Although he suspected she had used her influence to arrange this, and didn?t really care to know all the gory administrative details in any case, he was not about to admit to her how delighted he had been to receive this very unexpected ? and most welcome ? assignment.

Sure Han. You're nonchalant. Uh-huh...

And of course, neither would Leia ? even though she must have pulled a lot of strings to arrange it!

?They weren?t happy about it,? Leia chuckled. ?But I overruled them. I make my own decisions.?

?Tell me about it,? he muttered under his breath.

?What?s that??

?Nothing.?

?I thought so.? Leia?s brown eyes were fiery when she looked up and gazed into his. She had enjoyed working with him during the three months he had been assigned to the Navy Oversight subcommittee, and she had been trying for the three months after that to find a way to work with him again.

Yep?they?re well on their way!

7. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    So, brothers and sister are going to be working together. I want a Anakin and Padme post sometime soon if you don't mind.

8. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    First off, congrats, Darth_Lex

LOL. I [face_love] how you put the lines from the movies in your story.

Hmmm, Bryon is in charge of the mission. His older siblings are coming. Older taking orders from the younger. Hehe, this should be interesting.

9. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Keep an eye on those padawans!

I love the AOTC-esque exchange between Han and Lando. Nice touch.

Congrats on your fan fic award :).

--MissPadme

10. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Luke and Mara getting more rebellious? Nope, this can't be good.... *cackles evilly*
    I like where this is going. The whole post felt so Star Wars.

Congrats on the award!

11. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    YOU WON!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That's my boy! *claps Lex on the back and hands him bottle of Corellian Brandy* Well done!

Loved the reworking of the Anakin/Kenobi "relax" scene! Brilliant!

Well, it's all falling into place, now. Can't wait to see what happens!

I'm off to hide now. It's not going to take Dooku forever to figure out that yet another of his bottles of brandy has gone walkabout. *taps nose* You didn't see me, right? And hide that bottle... ;)

Again, Well done! *runs away to hide*

12. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    So many charming scenes!! :D

Hmm, Master Kenobi might wonder that it was not the best idea the Anakin Skywalker has children and a Padawan - this way poor Obi gets all the problems of his youth back multipled :D

Nice idea to use AOTC lines in the Han/Lando scene- they suit well the two crazy guys- even in the original OT their friendship is a bit similar to the Obi/Ani relationship (friends, betrayals etc). Though in this story the love between princess/politician and a Navy officer is not so "strange", unlikely than it was in OT.

Great story!!!

:)

13. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

While his external composure remained fully intact, inside he cried out in frustration. Now he and Sarré weren?t going to be able to meet in person ? he had arrived back on Coruscant only hours ago from the month-long deployment that had begun immediately after his return from Naboo, and by the time he would be able to leave the office tonight she already would have departed on her mission with Leia. At least they had been able to speak briefly, and see each other?s faces on the viewscreen, earlier in the day. But that just wasn?t the same.

Well you see, Byron that's what you get for eloping right? Nobody cuts you any slack. It's not like if you're married or anything! [face_mischief]

Mara and Luke's choices of attire was rather unnerving. Is the author trying to subtlely hint us about the turn of future events? Dark premonition aside, it definitely would be interesting to see how those two get along with Luke's kid siblings during the mission.

By the way, the whole you hurt my sister, I hurt your face Luke thing was perfect. It was something we all missed in the OT and I definitely can't have too much of an overprotective brother thing in a story.
    P.S. The Invisible Light-saber and the whole Anakin Skywalker patent thing R.O.X.

P.P.S. Padme is the bomb.

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Jedi_Liz: I've always thought Luke and Mara were more alike than they cared to admit. ;) Especially that whole disregard-for-personal-safety thing they both have a propensity for. :p
    leia_naberrie: Nobody cuts you any slack. It's not like if you're married or anything! [face_laugh] Very true! Is the author trying to subtlely hint us about the turn of future events? I didn't think it was really very subtle. [face_laugh] I definitely can't have too much of an overprotective brother thing in a story. Oh, you haven't seen the last of it. ;) (And thanks for the up!)
    Darth_Tim: wonder how the flyboys will feel about taking orders from a ground-pounder... Yeah. :p Bryon's gonna take the easy way out -- let them do what they would want to do anyway, so they don't really feel like they're taking orders. :D (Same with his siblings. :p) And I hope my action scenes are up to snuff. :cool:
    Monica: Oh, I think Bryon will be able to keep them in line. :p And Han definitely had better be careful -- fathers can be pretty protective too. ;)
    Anakinisthechosenone: Thanks! Luke and Mara are heading for trouble Hmm. [face_mischief]
    Darth_Leia: Thanks! See, I'm giving you good and bad in these posts. [face_devil] Pretty soon you won't know what to expect. [face_laugh]
    PhoenixMage: But Luke and Bryon, they need some anger management if you ask me. Hee hee! [face_mischief] I thought you'd like those AOTC lines! :) "Of course you can work with them, two of them are related to you and the other you grew up with since she's your father's apprentice!" [face_laugh]
    geo3: be expecting multiple piercings, tattoos, and rainbow hair colors next. Ooo! Great idea! [face_devil] :p As for Han and Leia ? I think you?ve got them pegged. Thanks! I sure hope so! :D
    DANA28: I want a Anakin and Padme post sometime soon if you don't mind. As a matter of fact, that's the first scene of the next post. [face_love]
    J_M_Bulldog: Thanks! :) I always like working in movie lines -- it's fun and entertaining and it keeps you on your toes. ;)
    MissPadme: Thanks! :) Oh, what would a story be without a risk of a Skywalker doing something stupid? [face_mischief] Glad you liked the reworked AOTC lines. :cool:
    Lando_Plenty: Nope, this can't be good.... *cackles evilly* I don't need to add anything to that. [face_devil] The whole post felt so Star Wars. Thanks! :D That's the best compliment you can give, I think -- it means a lot. :)
    illuminatrix: Thank you! :) (I don't think one can hide from Dooku, but good luck! :cool:) Well, it's all falling into place, now. Oh, it's still very early. [face_devil]
    LadyZ: this way poor Obi gets all the problems of his youth back multipled I know; the poor guy's really getting it, isn't he? [face_laugh] Though in this story the love between princess/politician and a Navy officer is not so "strange", unlikely than it was in OT. That's true, although I think as we go along you'll see more similarities than you might expect. [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading and all your great feedback, everyone! :D See you on Thursday for the next post. :cool:

15. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Another chappie! YAY!! :)

Obi-Wan knew Luke was cultivating a look of discontent and confrontation to announce his frustration that he had not been allowed to stand for the Trials and become a Jedi Knight. Luke?s intense blue eyes glared at his Master?s as he approached.
    You know? Luke's attitude reminds me awfully of the one he had in ESB..and I wanted to throttle him for it!!

he doubted she realized that she was dressed almost exactly the same way Anakin had done twenty-four years ago when he nearly had fallen to the dark side.
    Oohh..I would LOVE to see what her robe would look like....interesing..must look evil or something..

His old friend Lando Calrissian flashed him a wicked grin. ?You?re sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath.?

Han glared back at him while vigorously scratching his scalp beneath his short brown hair. ?I haven?t seen her in three months, buddy.?

LOL..loved those lines and..I love those 2!!

?You will be in command of the mission, Major,? Dodonna said bluntly. ?The Navy wings will defer to your orders.?
    Well...Bryon will get himself in the middle of combat action that's for sure....

?Three is better than none,? Bryon grinned, the same mischievous smirk Obi-Wan had seen so many times from Anakin.
    ?Don?t be so certain until you hear who they are,? Obi-Wan winked.
    ?Wait, wait,? Bryon laughed. ?Let me guess.? He paused a moment for effect. ?Luke and Mara??
    Obi-Wan chuckled appreciatively. ?I really am getting too predictable in my old age. Yes, those two. And your sister as well.?

There is DEFINITELY going to be some action ahead...though I've definitely decided that I do not..repeat..do not like Danae....

Can't wait for Thursday! :)

~~C3Solo

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I am here!! I am all caught up after the down under adventures. Congrats to you on your award..you must be thrilled..
    Looks like you may have another winner here old Darthie. Great beginning.. "I'll be back!~

17. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Very interesting post, I like where your taking this story!!!

18. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Just had time to catch up here. I really liked the parallel of the elevator scene in AotC between Ani and Obi-Wan.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Caught up! :D Anakin and Danae sparring was interesting. Considering Ani loved to tinker w/ stuff so much, it wouldn't surprise me that he'd be able to invent an even more interesting weapon.

Obi-Wan certainly has his hands full w/ Luke and Mara. I loved both of them wearing completely unorthodox clothes :p Hee hee- and Obi- you thought Anakin was a handful.

I absolutely loved the Han and Leia interaction, and as others have said the tip to the elevator scene was perfect. You do write them well.

And as a final note, I can see why people love Bryon. What a stud [face_love] Meow!

:p

20. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    C3SoloPO: I wanted to throttle him for it!! Run, Luke! Run! :p I would LOVE to see what her robe would look like Think of Anakin's robes from AOTC, except more reddish/maroonish instead of brownish. [face_devil] I do not..repeat..do not like Danae.... Poor Danae. :_|
    qingauk: Welcome back! I will do my best not to gripe about my jealousy of your trip. :mad: (Oops! Too late! [face_laugh])
    NETTY: Welcome! :D :D Lots more Han/Leia to come, so I hope you'll stick around. ;)
    stacysatrip: Yay! Thanks for checking in! :D Yeah, I was struggling with the intro to that scene, until working in those AOTC lines hit me, and I knew right away it was perfect. :cool:
    PLJ: Yay! ;) Obi- you thought Anakin was a handful I know, the poor guy. Never a peaceful moment, even in his old age. :p (Of course, he's the bonehead who took on another Skywalker as a Padawan... [face_laugh]) Lots of Han/Leia coming up. ;) As for Bryon -- What a stud [face_love] Meow! -- yeah, I get that a lot. :p ;) :cool: Too bad he's taken... [face_mischief]

Next post up tomorrow morning! See you then. ;) :)

21. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Whew! After a marathon read of Episode IV, I feel like I'm finally caught up! (Rivad pants for breath and tries not to fall over...)

I must say, good writing Lex! Your AU has certainly caught my attention, so I'll be waiting for more!

Rivad stumbles towards a lawn chair to recover from marathon and to wait for a new post! :D

22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Caught up, finally, Lex.

Looks exciting... :eek:

I'd like some Anakin Skywalker Special, BTW--but with a different sort of lightsaber. [face_mischief]

Newly promoted Major Bryon Skywalker stood nearly half a foot taller than his father, and his broad frame rippled with bulging, finely toned muscles.

Raaawwwrrrrrrr... [face_love] Lucky Sarre. ;)

Wonder why they did get married in secret...I guess we'll find out...

I like the way you transferred Anakin's AOTC lines about being nervous over to Han, while adding a perfect Han-like touch to it. ;)

23. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    First off, congratulations on your win in the summer fan fic awards - very well deserved!!!
    Secondly, yes, thanks, I did have an awesome vacation in Europe. I am so ready to go back again!
    And thirdly, but not last....WoW! This story just gets better and better! I thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up with your latest work and I can't wait for more! How cute are Sarre and Byron - that is perfect that they eloped!

24. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Great post! Luke and Mara are starting to show some dark side signs, especially when they start dressing like Anakin. It will be funny to see how the siblings work together, especially with Mara there. I know that when I have to work with my brothers on something we always end up fighting. 8-}

Congrats on your win! :D

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Rivad_Bacar: Welcome! :D I'm delighted you liked ADR so much, and I hope you feel the same about HAD as we go along. ;)
    anakin_girl: but with a different sort of lightsaber You are completely incorrigible, you know that? :p Raaawwwrrrrrrr... Did I mention incorrigible? [face_laugh] Wonder why they did get married in secret... Some hints are there. ;) It's not a very good reason. :)
    FAB: I did have an awesome vacation in Europe. Allow me a jealous moment. :mad: :mad: Okay! Thanks! :p that is perfect that they eloped! They'll need your support when Padme and Sabe find out. ;)
    aotc02: Luke and Mara are starting to show some dark side signs Yep. [face_mischief] And the Skywalker kids may surprise you -- this time, anyway. :p ;)

Wow! So many replies! We filled a whole page without a post. :eek: I'll put the next one at the top of page 4. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.