main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Replies on the previous page. ;)

Here's the next post! :D :D

CHAPTER TWO (Part 1 of 2)

When he looked down at the two plates of steaming pasta, the two small bowls of fruit, and the two goblets of wine, Anakin crossed his arms over the front of his plain white shirt and shook his head. ?This is it, I guess.?

Padmé paced over to him and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. ?Yes. It?s only the two of us.?

He turned to the side to face her. He chuckled at her attire; she wore a white apron over a simple pale blue dress. Hardly ever did Padmé cultivate a domestic appearance, and when she did it was very noticeable indeed. ?You look beautiful tonight,? he said sincerely.

She blushed faintly, smiled shyly, and looked away. ?You don?t have to say that.?

?But it?s true,? he insisted, a little hurt she didn?t seem to believe him.

?Stop it, Ani,? she said, meeting his gaze again. ?I mean, look at me. My hair is a mess,? she sighed as she tried to run her fingers through her tangled locks. ?My eyes are atrocious right now. And don?t get me started on what these late hours are doing to my complexion.? Theatrically she motioned her hands up and down her sides. ?And in this I look like? I don?t even know? Like??

?Like your mother?? he supplied tenderly. Regardless of anything else he might have said, he was certain she would take that as the high compliment it was.

She did, and her face brightened again. ?Fine. I should know by now that if you?re going to say I?m beautiful when I don?t feel beautiful, I should just accept it happily and quit questioning you.?

?Yes, that?s right. You should.?

?Okay. From now on I will.? She stood on her toes and kissed his cheek. ?Until I forget next time.?

?Well, yes. There is that.? He picked up the two plates. ?Would you mind if we just ate in here, angel?? he asked quietly, indicating the small breakfast table with a wave of the dish in his right hand. ?The dining room seems so? I don?t know? It lacks warmth when it?s just two.?

?Of course, Ani,? she laughed lightly. ?That?s fine with me.? She pulled the smock off over her head and folded it into a small pile on the counter, then picked up the two bowls and carried them to the table. By the time she got there he had arrived with the two goblets.

For a little while they ate in silence, until he couldn?t stand the eerie quiet in the residence any more. ?It?s so strange, not having any of them here, don?t you think??

?It is,? she agreed with a nod. ?It will be very difficult to get used to.?

?It certainly will.? He decided he needed to change the subject before he became too sentimental about his children. ?So, how have the debates been in the Senate this week? I haven?t even had time to read the Holonet reports.?

?Trellem?s hold is weakening every day,? she explained. She set down her fork, leaned her elbows on the table, and let her face fall into her hands. ?But we haven?t been able to transfer all of the discontent with him into votes in favor of the policies that need to be implemented.?

?The policies. Increased appropriations for a true war effort, directives to engage Argis on all fronts, increased use of Jedi Knights on troubled planets and in combat units. The same ones you?ve been pushing for months, right??

?Yes, those are the ones. It seems like almost every day Mill gives another speech that pokes holes in every single policy or position that Trellem takes.? She sighed deeply. ?But we?re trying very hard to prevent a vote of no confidence. Trellem would lose it, there?s no doubt about it. The problem is that until we?re sure our candidate will replace him, the current situation is better.?

?Because another weak Supreme Chancellor wouldn?t last long anyway. And the additional instability would be bad for the Senate.?

?Precisely.?

Anakin raised his eyes and looked out the window behind her. The zooming points of light of the airspeeder traffic were mesmerizing in t

2. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I'm glad Anakin and Padmé finally get to have a minute alone together. [face_love] :) They deserve it after all they've been through! The dinner scene was very sweet, and it was nice to see the two alone.

It sounds like Luke and Mara are still getting along great. It'll be interesting to see what happens between them later on. [face_love] :D

And, of course, the Han bit was hilarious!! ?We?re being attacked, genius,? [face_laugh], Apparently, Han just doesn't like Threepio! :p

?Who?s the better gunner, you or Leia??

Sarré smiled and reached up to adjust the four looping combat braids that held her blonde hair out of the way. ?I am. No question.?
    [face_laugh] I can't wait to see if she's right!!

Fantastic post! :D

3. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    ?Fine. I should know by now that if you?re going to say I?m beautiful when I don?t feel beautiful, I should just accept it happily and quit questioning you.?

Now, why can't more women be like Padme? Most of them have compliment-deflecting shielding that rivals a Star Destroyer. :D

-Tim

4. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Edit: Darn - I thought I had the first post, but I'm third. It's always a scramble on HAD posting days!

Ah?Anakin and Padmé. Alone at last. I can understand that having a suddenly quiet and empty residence might be disconcerting for them, but if anyone can figure out how to be happy on their own again, they can! And the teasing continues:

?Yes. And that conscience of yours. Think what you could have become if you hadn?t insisted on being so moralistic all the time.?

?Who knows? Probably Empress of the Known Galaxy.?

You make me laugh, bringing a shameless reference to the Dark Padme of ?A Bumpier Road?, straight into the pleasantly domestic kitchen of HAD!

For some reason I also laughed at poor (now evidently celibate) Luke and his musings about Mara: He had no idea what to expect.

Tell you what, Luke. When you?re done blowing away those TIE fighters, I?ll give you a little hint about what is as plain as the nose on your face?

And Han is being attacked AGAIN???? By eight ships at once this time? **Stars** letting Leia ride with him seems like a very dangerous proposition?

Great post, as always!

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    wonderful lex. . . I hope Mara and Luke get to take their trials soon. .. then they can stop worring about them and worry about each other. . . for the moment, however, I think they should worry about the three fighters that got through . ..

:D

6. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Luke Heartbreaker?!? [face_laugh]

I loved the Falcon scene - all of it, but the first two paragraphs were so... awesomely professional... :D I know, I know, nothing happened there... the funny parts started later... still, those simple lines were so suspiciously calm that they built up the tension...

BTW, can we vote who is the better gunner? :D ;)

7. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    ?Who knows? Probably Empress of the Known Galaxy.? Dark Padme immediately comes to mind.. [face_devil]

Sarré smiled and reached up to adjust the four looping combat braids that held her blonde hair out of the way. ?I am. No question.?
    Lando grinned broadly. ?This I have to see!?
    LOL! This I have to see as well..

8. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome Lex|! Fabulous post! Nice to see Luke and Mara are settling down in their roles as friends. One always needs that friendship before great romance! [face_love] And poor Han, always getting shot at by someone after Leia! The trials of being a hero! Again, great post! :D

9. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Well once again a great post. Anakin and Padme in a scene of empty nester domestic bliss. Yet, the troubles of the galaxy intrude even there. By the way isn't Millus a little young to be the Churchill character?

As for Luke 'Heartbreaker', how about Luke 'clueless'. Then again, how many men aren't clueless at times about women?

Leia had better be careful, Han and crew might begin to consider her a bad luck charm. :) I mean they get attacked whenever she's on the Falcon.

All in all a pleasant read for the morning of one's 34th birthday.

See you,
    Gunray's Lawyer

10. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Anakin and Padme are so sweet when they're alone. I'm happy that they got that moment together. I have a feeling that they won't be getting many of those in the days to come.

Oh dear. Luke and Mara are scaring me again.

Loved the 'warm welcomes' reference. You have a talent for putting in little references like that.

11. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Lovely moments for our couple.. so warm and mature.. solid togetherness. I liked the description of Luke/Mara relationship.. very cool.

12. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Get 'em, Sarre. ;)

Great Ani/Padme scene, too. :)

Good post, Lex.

13. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Great post Darth! I especially loved the anakin/padme scene. It was sooo sweet? So, Luke knows how Mara feels? Hopefull he will return her feelings soon! :Wink: lol Can't wait til the next post!

14. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Very sweet A/P moment and I'm enjoying the building tension between Mara and Luke. Who knew Luke could've been such a player? Nice action scene on the Falcon...that ship is always a trouble magnet.

--MissPadme

15. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Great post Darth_Lex
    [face_love] the A/P moment.
    Luke has decided no relationships til the Trials are over
    Hmmm, why do I get the feeling the author is not going to allow that, ;)

16. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002

[face_laugh] Loved that cheeky reference to the Darkside endng of "A Bumpier Road"!

That was a nice little scene - the couple being all domestic, missing their children, then discussing matters of galactic importance.

Luke and Mara off on a mission together, hopefully Danae can keep their... enthusiam under control. And Luke can sort out his woeful lovelife!

Everytime Leia and Han get together, enemy fighters turn up. Like having your own song, really. Although I'm sure they'd prefer Sam singing "As Time Goes By" than being shot at... :D

?We?re under attack,? Lando replied with a chagrined frown.

?From whom??

?I didn?t really have the time to ask them.?

[face_laugh]

This is great stuff! Looking forward to finding out who's the better shot! :D

17. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great beginnings. Congrats on the awards also. Looking forward to the next post.

18. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Great post! Anakin and Padmé had some time for themselves and Luke and Mara are getting closer. [face_love] This fic is off to a great start!

19. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Hey. I've gone MIA, but I'm back for a minute. Unfortunatly due to DRL kicking my but again, I'm at the library with a time limit. I did copy the new post to disk to read tonight when I have time to enjoy it. I should be back tomorrow with my reply! :)

ps-I don't have time to pm, but I got the next post up on Shards!

--later--

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Well. I finally got to finish it. :p I know I said a while ago I'd finish it but I got busy. Now I've finally caught up! :D This is so awesome!!! I can't believe Sarre and Bryon got married. Naughty!!! ;) Loved the last post too. Sarre was great! :)

21. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    I just finshed reading ADR. It was wonderful. I love the start of this one too-you're doing a great job with H/L.

Looking forward to Mon. post.

22. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Hi Darth from Patmos. I am still there having a great time! :cool:

Congratulations on the awards! :)

CHAPTER ONE (Part 2 of 2)

Given the dearth of relevant images in the Temple?s Archives, he doubted she realized that she was dressed almost exactly the same way Anakin had done twenty-four years ago when he nearly had fallen to the dark side.
    Why I don't like your hint Darth? Be carefull about Mara...

I like very much the chat between Han=Anakin and Lando=Obi. Great! [face_laugh]
    And I like Luke in the role of protective brother. ;)

CHAPTER TWO (Part 1 of 2)

I like Anakin/Padme scene. You are really very good with this couple. [face_love]

The hint to the darkside ending of ABR is marvellous.

Luke/Mara? I like it.
    Also for the time it would give them together, away from the Temple and their friends and their routines and their Masters.
    Mara is planning something? Tell me yes! Luke woyldn't understand what hit him. [face_love] [face_mischief]

Can't wait Darth!
    I'll try to visit the internet cafe next week, but I'm not sure. Anyway next Sunday -not tommorow- I'll be in Athens, :( and my replys will become normal.

Nutcake (its special, here in Patmos) with icecream for you Darth. ;)

23. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Made it back in to reply! I loved the reference to Dark Padme! [face_devil]

Another great chapter! I'd say more, but I'm a little short on time. :( *sighs* Such is life!

--later--

24. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Monica: Apparently, Han just doesn't like Threepio! Yep. ;) That's something I'd never change in an AU! Glad you liked the A/P scene and L/M hints.
    Darth_Tim: Now, why can't more women be like Padme? So true, so true. [face_love]
    geo3: Glad to see the shameless reference worked! :p I'll warn Luke you're after him. Don't worry, Han will get over it. ;)
    maramijade: then they can stop worring about them and worry about each other. Patience, my young Padawan. :cool: for the moment, however, I think they should worry about the three fighters that got through [face_laugh] Very true!
    LadyZ: still, those simple lines were so suspiciously calm that they built up the tension Thanks! [face_blush] BTW, can we vote who is the better gunner? Sure! ;)
    Lando_Plenty: Glad you liked the Dark ABR reference. [face_devil] Sarre may be hiding her marriage, but she's not lying about this. :D
    Rivad_Bacar: I'd never make it too easy for L/M, though. [face_mischief] And you might be surprised about who's after the Falcon and why. :)
    GunraysLawyer: By the way isn't Millus a little young to be the Churchill character? Who said Millius was the Churchill character? [face_mischief] how about Luke 'clueless' That's closer to Mara's nickname, but not profane enough. [face_laugh] I mean they get attacked whenever she's on the Falcon. To be fair to Leia, the first time was a battle! [face_laugh]
    PhoenixMage: I have a feeling that they won't be getting many of those in the days to come. [face_devil] Loved the 'warm welcomes' reference. Glad you caught it! :D There are some PT references throughout, but more OT lines in the coming chapters.
    qingauk: Thanks! :D More on both pairs soon enough.
    anakin_girl: Thanks! :) More Sarre in the next post.
    Anakinisthechosenone: So, Luke knows how Mara feels? Sort of. :p More on that as we go along.
    MissPadme: Who knew Luke could've been such a player? Oh, that's my little nod to the EU... In fact, we may even get a glimpse of a certain much-maligned ex in a future chapter... (Starts with C, ends with ista ;)). that ship is always a trouble magnet Yes. Yes it is. :cool:
    J_M_Bulldog: why do I get the feeling the author is not going to allow that Your insight serves you well. ;)
    illuminatrix: Hee hee! I knew you'd catch the ABR reference. :D Like having your own song, really. [face_laugh] Yes, and not a very enjoyable one!
    RebelMom: Welcome back! :D Hope you had a great vacation, and that being back to Real Life and the kids isn't too much of a drag. :cool:
    aotc02: This fic is off to a great start! Thanks! :)
    Darth_Leia: Thanks for taking the time to check in, and I'm glad you liked the post! :)
    Jaina_and_Jag: Welcome to HAD!! :D I can't believe Sarre and Bryon got married. Naughty!!! Yeah, the parents will not be pleased about the eloping thing. :p
    Kab730: Welcome! :D you're doing a great job with H/L. Thanks! :) A lot more H/L on Monday!
    JediArwen: I am still there having a great time! :mad: :p Be carefull about Mara... Are you threatening me again? [face_laugh] And I like Luke in the role of protective brother. Yep! More of that later. ;) You are really very good with this couple. Thanks! [face_blush] Mara is planning something? I don't know if I'd call it planning... Hoping, maybe... Wishing... Not really planning, though. [face_mischief]

AUTHOR'S NOTES

** Classes start up again for me this week. I teach in the mornings on Mondays and Thursdays, but I usually should be able to post in the early morning. If not, the posts will be in the mid-morning, once I'm done. ;) And if it really gets to be a pain, I'll just shift the days I post; but for now, Mondays and Thursdays.

** I want to clarify something I wrote in the little italics teaser after the post on 8/18, when I said there would be two chapters of action. While that wasn't totally wrong, it could b

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Hmm... Slow weekend here at HAD... No one else posted... :(

Oh well. :p

No reason to make the new post the last post on a page, though... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.