main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode V: Hope and Darkness (OT AU; H/L, L/M, A/P, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Oh boy, there is no doubt now that Bryon is exactly like his father! It's like watching Anakin's anger grow all over again! And he even has the black glove already...eek, and it's on his right hand, too! :eek: [face_plain]

And poor Danae! I hope she doesn't hide this from everyone for too long.

Fantastic post! :D :D

2. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ?You?re going to regret you ever crossed me.?

ohhhhh, why does that sound so familiar? . ..

Yubsa, definately glad Bryon does not have the force. Yub yub yub. A very good thing that is.

I absolutely Love Luke in charge of the Fighter battles, No one would be better . .. except maybe. . . Where's Wedge? or is he Green 2?

It's kinda sad that Biggs dies in both contingencies. But such is life and death in war.

:D

And what do you mean that Mara has not as of yet reached Ace status????@!!!

Luke cleared off two TIEs that swept toward Red Nine, then climbed rapidly and incinerated two more. ?Sixteen.?

?Eleven.?

?I like the sound of this.?

?Shut up.?

If I remember correctly 5 hits is considered Ace status. and she has well surpassed that in just the battle of the trade spine. Mara is a capable fighter in your stories even if she does not believe it. :D

:D

3. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Excellent battle!! This is so exciting..Monday, eh?... ok if we must..I will just have to keep busy in the garden to keep my mind off of the fanfic

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Bryon has gone dark side. *shiver* Poor Danae. I was worried for a moment. I thought you were going to kill her. Luke was right in trying to send her back.

5. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Intense battle scene.
    But they won, er right? This time?

Yikes! Me thinks I will stay on Bryon's good side.

Poor Danae, this can't be good, wait what am I saying? His a Sith, of course it won't be good.

6. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Awesome writing!

JS

7. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    great post Darth! uh oh... Byron is scaring me lol. yay! Danae knows master Trill is alive! She'll rescue him right? I hope so! Can't wiat for the next post!

8. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Don't tick off Bryon! Poor Danae, too.

However, I am eagerly awaiting the Han/Leia interlude [face_love].

--MissPadme

9. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Wowzers! Cool last couple of posts. Boba fett is here?! :eek: And Sarre's got a few surpises up her sleeve.
    Loved the Han/Leia banter, and of course the re-use of lines. It always works :)
    But I'm most worried for Bryon. Headed down the dark path, he is. ;)

10. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Very intense, very realistic battle scenes!! Oh, so many losses, friends gone :( Still loved it- it was so well-written. :)

11. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Darth Real Life is holding me by the neck, but I just wanted you to say "great post, as always," and I will comment properly when I can!

12. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Lex-- I love the way you are writing Bryon... He calmly makes a descision that will have him criticized or called a butcher (a la U.S. Grant). He has carefully used his enemy's knowledge of Republic Military behavior against them. I like it, very Napoleonic.

Now, just don't have him be the one who buys the farm , or I will be upset. :)

(Edit: See the Icon for explanation of the last line)

13. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Fantastic action sequence as usual. I love all the nitty-gritty attention to detail.
    I hope this early contact between Danae and her ex-Master might push her more into the centre-stage. Her character and circumstances have so much potential in this story.

Byron Skywalker ... hmm. [face_plain]

Flash back to ADR:
    ?Die!...You too! Die!?
    [face_plain]
    I think the Vader genes might be manifesting more than just physically in this character. :( :(

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    DarthSon: Well, the cliffies aren't so bad when you catch up! ;) Yes, I think Luke had a point, too -- but he can't exactly make Danae do anything when she's in her own X-Wing. :p
    Darth_Leia: Yes, the bounties are an important part of the OT... [face_devil] And yeah, I wanted the station to be incompetent -- otherwise it's too easy. :)
    PhoenixMage: I see I've managed to disturb you again. [face_mischief] Both Bryon and Danae have some rough times ahead. [face_devil]
    Jedi_of_Twilight: Thanks! :D
    Monica: It's like watching Anakin's anger grow all over again! Yep. [face_devil] More on Danae in the post after next (in ch3/pt3).
    maramijade: Yes, it is a very good thing Bryon is not Force-sensitive. ;) Luke is a natural pilot. No, Green 2 was not Wedge, although Wedge does appear later on. :cool: As for Mara being an Ace -- you're probably right about the kills thing. When I've been writing the story, though, I've been thinking along the lines of various specializations that Jedi have in the Temple -- saber masters (Mace), healers (Barriss), investigators (Obi-Wan), living Force gurus (Qui-Gon), scholars (Jocasta Nu), etc. etc. -- and I assume one would be a piloting Ace. So while Mara maybe an ace in the military sense (enough kills), she's not an Ace in the Temple's jargon because piloting isn't her specialty. Of the apprentices in this story, Mara focuses on saber, Danae on the living Force, and Luke is an Ace. They're all well-rounded, of course -- it's just a question of what specialization they have. Hope that clarifies what I'm thinking. ;)
    qingauk: Glad you like the battle! :) There are more, both small and large, to come in this story.
    RebelMom: Bryon has gone dark side. *shiver* Oh, he's not that far gone yet. ;) But he's on his way if he's not careful. [face_mischief] I thought you were going to kill her. [face_mischief]
    J_M_Bulldog: Yes, the Republic won the battle -- this time. [face_devil] wait what am I saying? His a Sith, of course it won't be good. Very true. [face_laugh]
    Jazz: Thanks! :D
    Anakinisthechosenone: She'll rescue him right? She'll certainly try. :)
    MissPadme: Don't tick off Bryon! Sound advice. [face_mischief] The interlude may not be what you expect, but it shouldn't disappoint. :)
    Lando_Plenty: Wowzers! At least you didn't say "Wizard!" [face_laugh] Boba's gonna be trouble. [face_mischief] You haven't seen the last of Sarre's combat surprises -- or the last use of ESB Han/Leia banter. [face_love]
    LadyZ: very realistic battle scenes!! Thank you! [face_blush] :D so many losses, friends gone And this is only chapter 3... :_|
    geo3: "great post, as always," Your loyalty serves you well. :cool: Hope DRL smooths out soon.
    GunraysLawyer: criticized or called a butcher Maybe, although it helps when you win. :p And events may overtake the opportunity to criticize him... :eek: I like it, very Napoleonic. A high compliment for the Major! I'm sure he appreciates it. ;) Now, just don't have him be the one who buys the farm , or I will be upset. Noted. :cool:
    leia_naberrie: I love all the nitty-gritty attention to detail. I have a lot of fun writing the details, so I'm glad you enjoy them. :) I hope this early contact between Danae and her ex-Master might push her more into the centre-stage. Her character and circumstances have so much potential in this story. Thanks! [face_blush] And you won't be disappointed -- Danae plays a larger role in this story than she did in ADR. In fact, I'm intentionally including more of a balance among the characters in HAD; for example, Danae and Mara were more on the sidelines in ADR, and they very much come into their own in HAD. Padme and Bryon have more prominent roles too. To me, it's really a function of the story itself -- ADR is all about getting ready to rescue Leia, rescuing Leia, and then defeating the response to the rescue (the Trade Spine blockade). In that story, other plots -- like Padme's return to politics and Bryon's mission to the peace summit -- were really subplots. In HA

15. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    OK, I can't speak for everyone else, but I still love Bryon. [face_love] I feel sorry for him too, poor baby. :_| He does need to watch that temper though.

And Danae...thank the Force Luke found her in time.

Love the Han/Leia interaction--you've got them perfectly in character. :)

?She?s your ship, Captain,? Leia sighed.

?That?s right,? Han glared. ?And don?t you ever forget it.?

I can sooo see Han saying this. :)

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Yeah, I get to reply before the next post is up!

Wow Lex, great battle! And can I say that Byron is scary? I saw someone mentioned Vader genes earlier, and I'll have to agree! And Danae sensed her former Master? Not good!

--later--

17. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Great posts! I loved the Han and Leia interaction. [face_love]8-}

The brownshirts had killed his friend, and they were going to pay a heavy price. [face_shocked]

Bryon is starting to act too much like Anakin. I can't wait to see what happens next with Danaé and Trill.

18. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    If you don?t mind, I?d like to take this opportunity to do a little rewrite of part of this chapter?.

?Great shooting!? Luke?s voice cheered his sister over the comlink in Mara?s helmet. ?You?re really getting good at this.?

?Thanks,? Danaé chuckled. ?Artoo says that too.?

?He would know,? Luke kidded. ?He?s seen a lot of combat with Dad.?

?Great writing!? Geo3?s voice cheered Darth_Lex over the Boards. ?You?re amazingly good at these action and battle scenes!?

?Thanks,? Darth_Lex chuckled. ?A lot of people seem to think so.?

?They would know,? Geo3 said seriously. ?They read a lot of fanfiction, and this stuff rocks!?

***sorry. It?s awful to change the words of the Master, I know. But you sure do write some sweet battle scenes!

If I had to choose, though, I would say that my favorite part of this chapter is Byron.

?I?m aware of that,? Bryon snapped, having paused only a split-second to shoot an onrushing brownshirt in the head.

Wait. What? Wow!

?But we can?t afford to wait for the others and I have no intention of letting the brownshirts enter the facility. And they?re out of position to defend this.? He didn?t need to tell them why ? the enemy simply hadn?t anticipated a Republic officer being willing to send so many men to their deaths to ensure victory.

He is completely aware of his position and his choices. This isn?t just heat-of-the-battle stuff. Chilling.

Over the course of the conflict Bryon?s orders had led to the deaths of unknown thousands of enemies and many hundreds of Republic soldiers. This immediate decision ? right here, right now ? did not faze him in the least. Just as none of the others ever had at the time he had made it. Not with what was a stake in each skirmish. Not in the heat of battle. But the Vyhrragians had no way of knowing that.

It seems to me that young Byron forms a hard cold center in the middle of the heat of conflict.

?You?re going to regret you ever crossed me.?

And that, my friend, is Vader talking. Wow.

You know how much I love Danae as a character ? her sensing her former Master was just heartwrenching ? no ? heart-stabbing.

Thank goodness Monday isn't far away.

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Oh, my! A Postie! :p *reads it* Wow. Biggs died? :( I figured you'd kill him off but... :( Oh well.... Bryon! Down boy! The Skywalker blood runs through his veins strongly even though he isn't force strong. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Right now I'm thinking it might be bad. ;) Danae touching her master = uh-oh. Good thing Luke called to her or she would have been space dust. *shudders* Not a good thing. Can't wait til Monday's post! :D

20. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Upping this because my reply from Lex was the most detailed! 8-} 8-} 8-}

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    anakin_girl: I still love Bryon. You do realize he's married, right? :p [face_laugh] I can sooo see Han saying this. :cool: Thanks!
    Darth_Leia: And can I say that Byron is scary? He has his moments... [face_devil]
    aotc02: Bryon is starting to act too much like Anakin. Yes, he is. [face_mischief] I can't wait to see what happens next with Danaé and Trill. More on this on Thursday. ;)
    geo3: [face_blush] [face_blush] You are too generous. Wait. What? Wow! Yeah, kinda creepy, huh? [face_devil] And that, my friend, is Vader talking. Wow. [face_mischief] [face_mischief]
    Jaina_and_Jag: Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. Right now I'm thinking it might be bad. Very true -- and you're absolutely right! ;) *shudders* Not a good thing. Believe me, Luke won't let this go -- he's very protective of his sisters. :D
    leia_naberrie: [face_laugh] Thanks for the up!

Here's the next post! :D

CHAPTER THREE (Part 2 of 3)

Approaching the small room containing their bunks on the Falcon, Sarré knew she had to find a way ? and soon ? to keep herself distracted from how much she missed Bryon. Not only had she been feeling terribly lonely the last few days, but it also was becoming increasingly painful to keep the marriage a secret from Leia. She hadn?t had to lie to Leia, at least not yet, but Leia was her closest friend in the galaxy and Sarré desperately wanted to tell her. She needed to share her joy with her best friend, even if Leia would be temporarily angry about having missing the ceremony.

When she heard Leia speaking inside the cramped bedchamber, Sarré paused in the narrow passageway of the freighter. It took only a moment, however, for her to realize what was going on. In the last two months or so Leia had started ?talking? to her late husband Jarren Organa, sometimes only in her head, sometimes out loud ? imaginary conversations in which she discussed with him what was on her mind.

Lately those conversations seemed to involve only two topics: either the Vyhrragian crisis or Han Solo.

After a deep breath Sarré rapped her knuckles on the open doorframe and walked inside.

---

Han kept his eyes focused on the stars outside the round viewport of the Falcon?s cockpit. ?I?m not discussing this with you.?

Chewie growled in mock fury.

?No. Under no circumstances.?

This time Chewie grumbled in annoyance.

?I don?t care. No.?

The Wookiee crossed his arms over his chest and harrumphed indignantly.

?Go ahead. Be angry. I?m still not talking about this.?

Chewie heard footsteps approaching and roared a soaring complaint down the hallway.

?Really?? asked Lando as he emerged through the open doorway and strapped into his seat behind Han. ?After all that we?ve done for him??

Han didn?t say a word. He continued to look out the viewport.

Chewie wroofed another derisive remark. ?I couldn?t agree more,? Lando concurred with highly exaggerated affectations of hurt feelings.

Still Han did not turn to face them. ?Is the next hyperspace jump calculated or not??

Chewie winked at Lando, then nodded his head.

Han, of course, could not see it. ?Well??

Chewie nodded again.

?Chewie??

This time Chewie could not suppress his chuckle as he nodded for a third time.

?Laugh it up, fuzzball.? Han had glanced over just enough to see the motion from the corner of his eye. He reached down and pulled the lever, causing the stars to elongate into streaks of light. Then he finally turned to face his friends. He was trying to glare at them angrily, but really he looked ridiculous.

Chewie burst out into a very pleased belly laugh, which Lando joined. ?Seriously, Han,? his friend said after he controlled his breathing again, ?it?s not like we can?t tell a difference now that you?re with her again. You?re not making it very difficult for us to see that you have feelings for her.?

?If it?s obvious even to you two nimrods, then I guess I don?t have to say anything, do

22. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    A new post. Wizard! [face_devil] (Sorry Lex I couldn't resist).

Looks like Sarre's found a way to spill her feelings about Bryon without saying 'I got married'. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if she caves in anyway. :p

I'm very pleased with how the H/L romance is progressing. The other Skywalkers aren't too pleased with it I see. Well they'll just have to get used to it, I say! [face_mischief]

23. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    hehe, Lando and Chewie sure know how to annoy Han! :p ?If it?s obvious even to you two nimrods, then I guess I don?t have to say anything, do I?? [face_laugh] I guess not! :p

I'm happy that Sarre's helping push Leia towards Han -- it means that mush will come up sooner! :p I do feel sorry for Sarre. It would be so hard to keep a secret that big from the people closest to you. :( (I have a feeling she's going to tell someone sooner or later, though!)

And the darkness grows... That doesn't sound especially good... I wonder what's going to happen!

24. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    What a great friendship you have shown in this chapter.. emotion that is a love of a different kind but still a special kind of love between these two and between Han and Chewie.

25. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Posts-Especially liked how you brought in lines from ESB.
    Looking forward to thursday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.