main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_love] Such beautiful mush at the beginning. I'm so glad Obi finally feels loved. Now his healing can finally truly begin. [face_love]

And I loved Obi's reunion with his friends, and all the support that Qui was giving him during the meeting. [face_love]

And that ceremony at the end was just beautiful, I'm so glad Obi was finally able to start getting some closure to all he's been through.

?I-I hope they know that if I could have s-saved them I would have.?

?They know Padawan as do I.? Qui-Gon pulled Obi-Wan to his chest and wrapped his arms around him. Sobs racked his slight frame and Qui-Gon gently rubbed his back whispering, ?let it out my child let the Force take your grief away.?
    [face_love]

I totally agree with Valairy, you definitely are one of the best storytellers on the boards! :D

Can't wait for more! :D

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    That was very ingenious of Yoda to give Obi-Wan a kind of rebirth, a new beginning full of love and warmth. A welcoming way to let him know that he's wanted.

I liked that he allowed his friends to visit even though he was nervous and self-concious. And the fact that Siri was herself revealed the elephant in the room, so to speak. Now that it's been mentioned, they don't have to dance around the subject. ;)

It was cool of Qui-Gon to take Obi-Wan to perform a memorial service for those lost to slavery. It would appear the young man needed that final closure.

Great job with this Geri! Can't wait for the next post!! =D=

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    p_stotts
    Of course there has to be lots of hugs for our Obi.[:D]
    Doing sad is fun isn?t it.:D Thank you.[face_love]

Kynstar
    Thanks I gave Siri the job of being the one with her foot in her mouth.:p

earlybird-obi-wan
    Thanks The Jedi stick together and they will help him [face_dancing]

Lady_Misty
    Yoda is always right.O:)
    Sleemos have a tendency to cause trouble.[face_worried]

Valairy_Scot
    I love telling stories but the hard part is putting them on paper. :oops:
    Thank you for the compliment.[face_love] [:D]

KELIA
    I couldn?t keep giving him angst with out some happy times. He needed to see his friends to begin the healing process.[face_love]

Bastet.
    I know. Don?t you just love mush.=P~
    It?s almost as good as angst.:eek:
    Thank you for the kind words :*

bek
    Beginning his life again is probably the best way.:cool:
    thanks I?m so happy your enjoying it.:*

ooo

Walking into their apartment, Qui-Gon felt relief fill Obi-Wan. A sense of closure surrounded his young charge and he seemed to be relaxing a bit.

?Obi-Wan I?m going to fix us some vegetable soup, would you like something to drink? Perhaps some hot chocolate.?

?The chocolate sounds nice. However, if it?s alright with you may I abstain from having any food? I don?t think I could keep it down.?

?Padawan, you know what the healer said. You have to eat something that is why I organised this soup. It isn?t too bulky and you only have to eat one small bowl of it.?

Qui-Gon let Obi-Wan eat in silence, he knew that he was tired and the day had been long and emotional. He brought him a cup of hot milk. ?Here you go Padawan this will help you sleep.?

?I don?t think I need much help Master, I can barely keep my eyes open.?

ooo

Several hours later Qui-Gon felt a disturbance in the Force and it was coming from Obi-Wan.
    ?Obi-Wan.? he said as he entered the youth?s room. It was quite dark in there and Qui-Gon could hear sobs.

?Obi-Wan are you alright?? he said feeling anxiety radiating from his body.

?I?m s-sorry, I must have been dreaming. I feel so cold.?

?You?re shaking Obi-Wan, come, lets go out into the common room, it?s warmer there.?

Qui-Gon grabbed a thick blanket out of the cupboard and he wrapped it around a shivering Obi-Wan.

?I?m sorry Master I didn?t mean to wake you.?

?Padawan, there's nothing to be sorry about, and I want you to wake me if you are in need of comfort. You have been through a lot and I cannot bear to see you so sad. You must allow me to take care of you.?

?I guess I?m not ready to go it alone am I??

?No Padawan you?re not, do you want to tell me what your dream was about??

?I-I was strapped to the rack and Gerota was laughing at me? M-Master, he can?t escape can he??

?He's in maximum security and there is no way off the planet. Do not worry about him.?

?I know you?re right, I suppose it'll just take a bit of time to forget everything.?

?We have time and you are very safe here.?

Qui-Gon settled Obi-Wan on the couch next to him and soon Obi-Wan was asleep.

The sound of Qui-Gon making a cup of Caf woke Obi-Wan up, he stretched his legs out and blinked several times. A wonderful aroma wafted past his nose and it made his mouth water.
    ?Good morning Padawan, how do you feel??

?I feel much better this morning Master, what is that smell??

?Waffles with honey, I hope you like them? They're ready now. Why don't you go and freshen up and I?ll serve it.?

Obi-Wan washed his hands and came back to the table. There were stacks of waffles on his plate and a cup of hot chocolate next to it. ?Master if I eat all these waffles, I won?t be able to eat any lunch and you do remember that Siri said they are going to fatten me up at mid day meal time don?t you??

?Yes I remember Padawan. However, I?m sure you?ll be able to make a dent in this pile. So why don?t you begin now?

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Ah, *sniff* such an emotional, mush-filled post. It's nice to see Obi-Wan finding closure, but I'm sure his struggles are far from over. I look forward to the next post. Great job, Padawan! :D

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, such wonderful progress. I love how you wrote the necklace discovery - I think that was perfect.

I can't wait to see Obi and Tahl next - that ought to be an "aw, sweet" moment as well.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely mushy post with Qui helping Obi and seeing all his nice things again.

Great update=D==D==D=

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Obi-Wan's seems to be doing just fine.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    he gave us all a piece of leather and some twine and we were supposed to have it finished by the next science class. I guess I?m a bit late!?

That made me [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan's sense of humor returning...however slowly.

Loved all the TLC Qui-Gon gave [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    [face_love] Such wonderful mush! [face_love]

I'm so glad to see Obi doing better, though there's obviously still a ways to go. I love how supportive Qui is being. [face_love]

I wonder what the story is about that necklace, and why it made Obi so happy to see it. [face_thinking]

Now, I've been noticing all these mentions of Gerota, and how he's locked up tight and can't escape, which makes me wonder if he is about to escape...oh dear...I hope not! [face_worried]

Great post, can't wait for more! [face_love] :D

10. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww that's so heart jerking! [:D] Poor Obi, at least he is having some happy moments, regardless if it brings tears.

Great post! Can't wait to see the meeting with Tahl :D

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    p_stotts
    I love making you use the tissues. His struggles are just beginning. Thank you for being the best Master.

Valairy_Scot
    Thank you. Tahl and Obi-Wans cuddle scene coming up next.

earlybird-obi-wan
    We all love mush especially after we give him so much angst.
    Thanks for reading.

Lady_Misty
    He seems to be doesn?t he, but looks are deceiving. Thanks for reviewing.

KELIA

Thanks I?m trying to add a bit of his humour every now ? and-again. To show he?s getting better.

Bastet
    I knew you?d like the mush. Of course we all do. But I love angst too. Gerota has his own agenda. Down the track.
    Thanks for reading.

Kynstar
    Thanks and the meeting with Tahl is here now. Enjoy.

ooo

Qui-Gon could sense a change in Obi-Wan?s mood. He sensed elation through their bond as they strolled down the corridor. Yesterday Obi-Wan?s nerves caused him to jump at every noise and balk at every shadow, but his presence radiated a certain feeling of peace. He actually seemed to be enjoying their walk to Master Tahl?s apartment. Nevertheless, by the time they reached her door he could sense nervous uncertainty radiating through the Force from Obi-Wan.

?Master, does it look like I?ve been crying much?? He asked as he smoothed his tunics down.

?I won?t lie to you Padawan. Your eyes are a bit puffy, but that?s to be expected under the circumstances. I?m sure Master Tahl will understand and by the time we head to the cafeteria your eyes will be fine.?

Qui-Gon realised that Obi-Wan hadn?t seen Tahl since she was hurt on Melida/Daan and he could feel Obi-Wan?s insecurities rise as the door opened. He placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed gently. He wanted Obi-Wan to know that he was there to support him.

?Obi-Wan, you?ve grown,? Tahl said as her eyes examined his body quickly. His face was pale and she noticed the red eyes. ?Come in both of you. I?m so happy to see you - let me look at you.?
    She said pulling him into a gentle hug. She felt his body tense slightly and she realised that it must feel strange to him to have someone comfort him after what he had to endure. Nevertheless, she held him for a moment longer letting him know that it was all right to be held.

?Hello Master Tahl, thank you, are you well??

A flash of memory made her realise that the last time Obi-Wan had seen her she was badly injured. "Yes Obi-Wan," she said as she twirled around. ?I?m well and I have you to thank for that. Another few minutes in that place and I?m sure I would?ve been one with the Force.? She said as she pulled his thin hands to her face and kissed them.

In that instant, she saw the shades of pale skin being replaced by a deeper shade of pink, which gave his face a healthy glow. ?I?ve embarrassed you, I didn?t mean too.?

?No?well not really, it?s just that everyone is being so nice to me and it takes a bit of getting used too.?

?You?re worth it Obi-Wan?, Qui-Gon tells me that you?re going to have lunch with your friends today, but I?m sure you?ll have some room for some of my Muja pie and a glass of chocolate milk won?t you??

Obi-Wan felt her happiness glowing through the Force and he didn?t want to disappoint her. ?Thank you that would be nice.?

While they waited, he glanced at his Master. ?Somehow Master, I think by the end of this day I?m going to be so fat, you?ll have to get me bigger clothes.?

?That won?t be so bad Padawan, at least I know while you?re in the Temple you?ll never starve!?

?Here you go Obi-Wan; when your Master called me I baked this especially for you. I hope you enjoy it.?

?Thank you Master Tahl, but first I?d like to thank you for letting my Master use your beautiful scarf to keep my sabre safe.?

?It was the least I could do, for we both knew that you would return one day and we wanted to make sure your sabre was well taken care of.?

?There?s something else Master Tahl.? Obi-Wan bent his head and seemed spellbound by the item in his pocket. He scooped up the chain in one hand and gent

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice with Tahl@};- Loved that it was her chain and that she was so nice to him and his friends.

But he has some way to go. And let Qui and Yoda help him.[face_praying]

Nice update=D==D==D=

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I think Obi-Wan might be afraid of being taken again and forced back into slavery, or worse, he's afraid Gerota might be waiting for him on the outside despite Qui-Gon's assurances that the man has been put behind bars. [face_worried]

Poor kid, hope Qui-Gon can find a way to help him through this latest obstacle.

Even without Obi-Wan's take on the situation Mace and Yoda presented to Qui-Gon, the boy's emotions regarding the venture outdoors still comes across loud and clear.

More soon?! :D

14. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That was a good update.

I can fully understand Obi-Wan's fears in leaving the Temple, and I can't help feeling that slaver's going to make a reappearance at some point too....

I don't mind if he does, as long as Obi-Wan kicks his butt...:)

Great update.

I'd like to stay on the PM list for this one if I may :)

EG

15. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Awesome story!:eek:
    I really [face_love] it...
    Can you please add me to your PM list?[face_praying]

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I loved Obi-Wan's time with Tahl and his friends

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It doesn't really surprise me he's afraid to leave the Temple. He's just getting used to being accepted there and now he's got to face the big bad world.

I hope Qui-Gon will be able to help him through this.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The chain belonged to Tahl? It was sweet that Obi-Wan was able to give it back to her.

I'm not surprised that Obi-Wan's afraid to leave the Temple. I know a young woman who almost didn't get on a plane to go to college because she had never been very far from home and when she was she always had people who loved her nearby.

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Such a nice surprise that the chain belonged to Tahl! I'm glad Obi-Wan could gain a bit of closure from returning it. And now another hurdle to overcome -- the fear of leaving the Temple. His feelings are perfectly natural, but I would think that his is something the soul healer would address in his sessions with Obi-Wan. Shouldn't the soul healer already be working with him to overcome this fear and even accompany him on short excursions outside. They could always start slow, perhaps standing just outside the Temple entryway and then progress gradually farther and farther until Obi-Wan overcomes his fear.

Great post, Padawan! Just lovely.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I also liked the part with Tahl :) great tidbit there! I bet Qui is relieved that he didn't throw it away. I know I would be ;)

Poor Obi :( afraid to leave the temple, wonder if it's more on a subconscious level than conscious? Hopefully Qui can help him get over that. Poor kid.

Great update! :D

20. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Loved Tahl in this! I also understand Obi's fears...guess I need to give him a hug! Great update...looking forward to more.

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Thanks[face_love] I thought I?d add a twist and have it be Tahls chain instead of Cerasi?s[face_idea]

bek[:D]
    You are right and he has a long way to go before he is free of his fears.[face_worried]

EGKenobi
    So you want Obi-Wan to kick Gerota?s butt.[face_whistling]
    Ummm not for a while.[face_not_talking] Thanks for reading[face_love]

GeneralKenobi7
    Thanks for reading and you?re added.[:D]

KELIA[:D]
    I like having Tahl in my stories although I don?t add her much.
    It is a big bad world out there. Qui-Gon may have to hold his hand.:D

Lady_Misty[face_love]
    Yep the chain belonged to Tahl. [face_dancing]
    People do have a real fear of leaving their homes sometimes.[face_worried]

p_stotts
    Thank you Master[face_love] You will see that his fear has only just shown itself.
    Some explanation coming up.:D

Kynstar
    Thanks I liked the bit about the chain the idea came to me when my chain fell off my neck one day.[face_idea]

jedidas3
    Ok I will let you hug him.[:D] Your right he needs lots of hugs and kisses.
    Thanks for reading.:*

~~~

Qui-Gon gripped the report in his hands as he walked towards the healer?s office. He felt his ire rising, because the healer hadn?t mentioned anything to him about Obi-Wan?s fear of leaving the temple and he wanted to know why he hadn?t told him.

?Qui-Gon, I know why you?re here. I intended to speak to you about the report but Master Windu came by this morning after I?d finished writing it. He said he was going to discuss it with you first.?

?Why didn?t you tell me, if you had any doubts last week when we came in for our session?? Qui-Gon said tossing the report down on Ba?han?s desk.

?I honestly didn?t know then, it was only when I compared the reports I received from his teaching Masters that I saw a connection. His name wasn?t on any of the lists of trips made out of the temple. I wanted to make sure of my facts first. I asked Master Windu to give me detailed reports of any field trips that Padawan?s of Obi-Wan?s age had gone on over the past few weeks, and it was then that I discovered he hadn?t attended any.?

Qui-Gon sat heavily on the chair, ?I thought he was doing so well, I had no idea that he didn?t want to leave the temple.?

?Qui-Gon, I did tell you not to expect too much from him. After all, it?s only been six months, and he?s done very well in such a short time. Has he mentioned anything to you that might cause this problem??

?No he hasn?t, but I?m ashamed to say that I?ve been a bit slack in my vigilance of him lately. I assumed that he was doing fine and I?ve been easing up on him a bit.?

?Qui-Gon, there?s a field excursion coming up in a week?s time and Obi-Wan?s age group will be going to the Galactic Museum. He?ll be bringing the forms home today from his history teacher. I suggest you monitor him closly, and tell me about anything that he does out of the ordinary. I want you to gage his reaction when you tell him that you will be accompanying him. This will be the perfect opportunity to see if Obi-Wan does have a problem with leaving the Temple.?

?I will do as you ask Ba?han and I?m sorry for barging in like I did.?

?That?s alright Qui-Gon, I know how protective you are of Obi-Wan, and I know that Mace Windu can be quite blunt at times.?

ooo

Qui-Gon changed into his workout clothes and settled on the couch as Obi-Wan entered their apartment.?Hello Padawan how was your day??

?It was good Master, my astrology Master was happy with my finished assignment and he said he was pleased with the selection of planets that I chose to display on my chart.?

?That?s excellent Padawan; I know you worked very hard on that project.?

?Thank you Master. I see that you?re ready for our training session; I?ll go and change. I won?t be long.?

Qui-Gon watched as Obi-Wan headed for his room. He still had his books and some paperwork in his hands.

?Obi-Wan, w

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yep and with this nice update seeing Obi-Wan recovering you are on the nominee list.

Great work with this story=D==D==D=

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, great, Obi's over his fears and relaxed - and near Palpy and his minions, right? Does not bode well.

Excellent update and MANY MANY CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR NOMS! [face_good_luck]

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    6 mths have passed since Obi's been back? Wow! Then he's most definitely showing progress. I do hope that Obi realizes that open communications plays great in any role. Hopefully the next time he has fears or any problem in general, he'll be able to talk to Qui.

Glad they were able to talk :) Uh oh...[face_worried] why am I a lil worried here about this lil bit of Obi going off w/o Qui? Let's hope things go ok or poor Obi will never ever wanna leave the Temple again!

Great work and congrats on the noms! You sooooo deserve it for this tale for sure! :D

25. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    So Obi-Wan still doesn't like politicans:p
    Congratulations for your nominations![:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.