main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Blasted computer!!! Took so long I just about forgot what to say!

Yes so many politicians are just like Obi-Wan described. Isn't that sad. But on the other hand it'd be really easy to find them if they got lost! [face_laugh] 'Excuse me, but I lost the senator for ______________ she has brown hair green eyes about 5'2" and has a nasty habit of not telling the entire truth and she's quite vain.' [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm so glad to see Obi-Wan getting out of the Temple!

He's come so far! Now all he has to do is stop listening to the news!

I loved Qui-Gon's handling of the issue [face_love] [face_love]

Great update & congrats on the noms

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Congratulations, Padawan, on your nomination! I'm bursting my virtual buttons with pride. Your writing certainly has come a long way, and this nomination is an indication of just how far you've come. Great job!

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your update. I was out of town on a mission. ;) :D Really!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Thank you Master.[:D]

Master! You were on a mission ... and you left your faithful Padawan at home.

I'm sulking.o_O

5. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yes... well... it was non-Jedi related... a writing workshop, but not the kind you think. It was a writing-engagement-learning workshop that teaches college professors how to engage their students through writing, in order to help them learn better. I organize these workshops twice a year, so I go to every one. The setting is what makes it spectacular... Cumberland Falls National Resort Park, which is located in the Appalachian Mountains region of Kentucky, USA. Cumberland Falls is the only waterfall in the world that produces a moonbow, and it's the largest waterfall in the continental United States behind Niagra Falls. You should Google it. It's really a beautiful, peaceful place.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Congratulations on your noms and qualifying in several categories! Way to go!

[face_good_luck]

7. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan
    Thank you and congratulations on your nominations and good luck to you.[face_good_luck] =D=

Valairy_Scot
    Yes Obi is relaxed. You know what they say ?The calm before the storm?

Thanks and well done yourself Good luck.[face_good_luck] O:)

Kynstar
    Time travels and Obi is coming around. Don?t worry nothing will happen at the Senate building.
    Thank you. There are so many great storytellers here on the boards. I hope they all do well in the awards.[face_dancing]

GeneralKenobi7
    No Obi-Wan is like his Master Politicians are a pain. Thank you.[:D]

Lady_Misty
    Your so right It is a shame they saved Palpy when Obi-Wan and Anakin were sent to save him.The future may have been so different.[face_not_talking]

KELIA
    Stop listening to the news?.Umm [face_thinking]
    Maybe he will and just listen to his instincts.[face_worried]
    Qui-Gon has seen the light.O:)

Thank you and congratulations for your nominations.[face_dancing] [face_good_luck]

p_stotts
    Congratulations on your nominations Master.[face_good_luck] [:D] [face_love]

Valairy_Scot
    Well done on your noms.[face_good_luck] :*

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    ooo

Qui-Gon gazed out of the window, he actually felt nervous. Obi-Wan had just turned twenty-one and Qui-Gon was waiting for the doors to the council chambers to open.
    He?d petitioned the council to promote Obi-Wan. Most of his age mates had already passed into the last stages of their training and Qui-Gon felt that Obi-Wan was ready to take on the mantle of a senior padawan. The sun was just setting over the temple spires when the doors opened. Qui-Gon straightened his robe and then proceeded to walk in.

?Master Jinn, welcome.? Mace said, smiling, knowing why Qui-Gon was there.

Qui-Gon sensed harmony filling the room. ?Thank you Masters, I come before you today to request that my apprentice be recognised and promoted to senior status.?

Master Plo Koon leant forward, ?you believe Obi-Wan is ready for this next step??

?I do Master, and I know that Master healer Ba?han sent you a report stating that he believes it also.?

?We confer that Obi-Wan has excelled in his training and his strength in the Force is outstanding. His confidence has grown throughout his apprenticeship and he?s shown us that he?s ready to accept the extra responsibilities that come with senior padawan status. Therefore, it is with unanimous approval that we bestow the higher rank on your apprentice. You may inform him of his elevation to senior at your leisure.? Mace said speaking for all the councillors.

Qui-Gon felt lightheaded, he?d been waiting for this day for some time, and now it was here he couldn?t keep the smile off his face. ?May the force be with you Masters, I will inform him tonight.? he bowed and tried not to run out of the room in excitement.

Entering their apartment, he couldn?t help the feeling of pride that filled him. Obi-Wan was busy in their small kitchen preparing their evening meal. Qui-Gon sensed a light touch to their bond with the query as to why his spirits were high. He sent back //Because you make me happy Padawan\\ He watched as Obi-Wan blushed from the praise.

?Where did you go Master??

?I had a very important undertaking to attend too and if you can spare some time away from your preparations, Padawan, there is something I wish to speak to you about. I would like you to come with me out into the gardens.?

Obi-Wan looked up with puzzlement lighting his features. "Very well Master, I?ll leave our meal in the warmer.?

They strolled through the garden of peace and tranquillity. It was their most favourite place to visit in the entire temple. Qui-Gon could sense Obi-Wan stretch out and draw the living Force around him. This garden had a special place in Obi-Wan?s heart and Qui-Gon always felt closer to the Force here as well.

?Master, I never get tired of this garden, have I told you that before??

?Yes my Padawan, many times. I know how you feel because it has the same effect on me.
    Padawan, I want you to know that you?ve made my life complete, and I thank the Force that it helped me to open my eyes and see what a wise and great Jedi you are. Tell me young one how do you feel about your place here with us??

?Master I?m content and extremely grateful that you took me as your apprentice. In my meditations, I thank the Force that you found me and didn?t give up on me when I constantly tried your patience.?

?I would never give up on you my Padawan and as far as being patient, I think that you excel in that department. While I tend to be impatient with a certain number of Jedi, - twelve I think from memory.? He grinned and raised an eyebrow.

?Master! What have you done? Have you got us into trouble with the council again?? Obi-Wan countered with a sarcastic look of his own.

?Actually Padawan, I do believe the council and I were in complete harmony today and I?m very pleased with the outcome of my visit to see them.?

?You saw the council today... Why Master??

?Oh? I asked them about making you a senior Padawan.?

?Me! I don?t think so Master, not yet anyway.?

?Obi-Wan you are too humble, why not you!?

?Master my age mates have three years on m

9. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    ?Thank you Master, but you shouldn?t believe what ? other ? people - say. You?ll end up with a bigger head than you already have!?
    [face_laugh]

Uhh, another cliffhangar[face_frustrated] There're really too many authors who favor them...;)

10. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

[blockquote]?Thank you Master, but you shouldn?t believe what ? other ? people - say. You?ll end up with a bigger head than you already have!?

?You?ve only been a senior for a few moments and already you?re getting disrespectful my young Padawan. I may have to re-think my offer to promote you.?

?Why Master, don?t you know that everything I am, is what you?ve moulded me to be.?

Qui-Gon smiled at his young charge. They?d developed a wonderful partnership and he knew that they?d been the best years of his life. ?Obi-Wan if I haven?t told you this before, I want you to know that I?m proud of the man and Jedi you?ve become.?

?Thank you Master, I know I couldn?t have done it without you. Yet I wonder how you?ll survive when I?m going solo. I sense that although I?ve put the past behind me, I get the feeling you still worry about me.?

?I will always worry about you. However, it's not something I would say in front of the council, but you are like a son to me Obi-Wan, and I don?t think Fathers ever stop worrying about their children.?

Obi-Wan blushed as he was pulled into a loving embrace[/blockquote]

Such nice banter.

Then...oh, boy, one of the bad guys wants Obi and knowing Obi, he'll give himself up to save the hostages and Qui can worry about Obi as we readers will as well - until Obi does something brilliant. :D

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Such nice banter between the two and joy at being a senior padawan.

And now that evil :eek: raising its head again. Will Obi and Qui conquer that evil[face_thinking]

Great update and congrats on the noms[face_good_luck]

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm so glad Obi-Wan got over his fear of leaving the Temple; he was missing out on life and allowing Gerota and the others to control his life even though he was free. Qui-Gon acted accordingly by offering his understanding while still making Obi-Wan confront his fear. And by going with him, he offered his padawan the comfort of exploring life beyond the confines of their sanctuary.

Obi-Wan's humility showed through quite readily in learning that he had reached senior padawan status. He's growing by leaps and bounds. I feel for Qui-Gon, knowing that his padawan will soon be out on his own; they formed a strong bond having gone through what they had to regain their partenership.

I'm worried about Obi-Wan...did Gerota somehow manage to keep the promise he yelled at Qui-Gon and Mace in the courtroom? [face_worried]

Wonderful post!! Evil cliffhanger though. :p

Congratulations on your nominations! =D=

13. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Ah, let me guess. Gerota is back. :mad: (I think I remembered the slumbag's name correctly.) I would further hazard to guess that Obi-Wan is the propery he wants returned to him, and I just bet that Obi-Wan will agree to the trade in order to free the hostages. [face_worried] Now, if only Obi-Wan can find his center and remember his training, he should be able to outsmart Gerota. After all, the man's not the brightest crayon in the box. o_O

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! The man is back! [face_worried] Obi has the right to be feeling the way he is. Man...wonder how this is gonna go down? Guess we'll find out soon! :p on cliffies [face_laugh]

So glad the Council allowed him to be promoted :D Yay for once the Council is good ;) Well 2 since they allowed Obi to be with Qui and still be trained as a Jedi. Guess I can't knock the Council too hard, can I? ;)

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    If I could get my hands on that . . . JERK!!! I'd call him a coward for killing defenseless children and ring his neck while I was at it.

16. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Master! What have you done? Have you got us into trouble with the council again??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Nice to see some of the old Obi-Wan returning.

I'm very suspicious of this so called "lost property", though

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I really do love this story!

18. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Two wonderful chapters! :D

I loved so much about these chapters! The father-son mush between Obi and Qui is most excellent, as usual, as is the playful banter. [face_love] And it was great to see Obi recovering from his ordeal, and growing up and achieving senior padawan status.

But now that #$%@& Gerota is threating to ruin everything! (At least, I'm assuming it's him-and what exactly his "property" is that he's come to reclaim. [face_frustrated]) I think, though, that he won't find Obi so easy to subdue this time. [face_shame_on_you]

Thanks for the great updates, Gkilkenny, and congrats on your nominations! :D@};-

19. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    GeneralKenobi7

Uhh, another cliffhangar There're really too many authors who favor them

I know and I agree with you I just wish it wasn?t so much fun doing it.[face_devil]

Valairy_Scot
    Then...oh, boy, one of the bad guys wants Obi and knowing Obi, he'll give himself up to save the hostages and Qui can worry about Obi as we readers will as well - until Obi does something brilliant.

Of course you?re right Obi is such a brilliant person how can he fail.[face_whistling]

He is my hero no matter what .O:)

earlybird-obi-wan

Thank you [:D] and I?m trying to give you some down time from all the angst.;)
    Is it working?O:)

bek
    Thank you [:D]
    What can I say ?Yes I know I?m evil. cliffhangers are horrible but even on TV they do it.:oops:

p_stotts
    You remembered rightly Master the slumbag is showing his face sometime soon.[face_worried]
    Finding his centre may be difficult after the way Gerota treated him in the past.[face_whistling]
    After all, the man's not the brightest crayon in the box.

You are so right and he?s not as sharp as a lead pencil either.[face_laugh]

Kynstar
    The Council can have their good moments, nevertheless, they are few and far between.
    Thank you.[face_love]

Lady_Misty

Now, now, temper, temper, and beside you?ll have to stand in line
    I?m sure everyone wants a piece of the slimo.[face_beatup]

KELIA

Thank you[face_love]
    I?m letting Obi-Wan?s humour come back because he might need it soon.[face_worried]

JediKaren

Thank you and I?m sorry for the long wait. Virus?s can be bothersome in computers.[face_love]

Bastet

Thank you[:D]

I like to show Obi and Qui in moments of mush, hopefully it makes up for all the angst
    I throw at them.
    o_O

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan felt his skin tingle and his nerves wanted to twitch, but he held his body rigid. He could feel heat envelope him, as fire seemingly erupted inside him. His heart rate increased and it throbbed inside his ears like the sound of beating drums. The Force was warning him, he clenched his hands into fists and his eyes darkened. He heard the worried voice of his Master, penetrating the crumbling shields he?d erected when they?d entered the chambers.
    The name slipped out of his mouth unintentionally, ?Gerota!?

Qui-Gon couldn?t believe Obi-Wan declaration, ?Padawan, you know that Gerota is imprisoned on Kessel!? He said, yet his Padawan looked so distraught.

Obi-Wan?s gaze fell on Yoda, the small Masters eyes told him that what his Master believed wasn?t true.

?Qui-Gon,? Mace Windu called. ?Unfortunately, that isn?t true, that?s the other reason we asked your Padawan to come here today with you. The Commander of the prison on Kessel sent a transmission to us. Apparently, a week ago Gerota died. However, DNA test results came back that confirmed the dead man wasn?t Gerota. The man?s name was Fargo, and he was supposed to have been released last week after serving his sentence of twenty years. Gerota is missing and they presume that somehow he took Fargo?s place."

?Missing, why did they take a week to inform us of that?? Qui-Gon snapped placing a hand on Obi-Wan?s shoulder.

?They didn?t know until the test results came back. Apparently, Fargo was also a Zygerian and over the last few months, Gerota grew a beard just like Fargo had, and they were sometimes mistaken for each other. The authorities didn?t want to admit they?d made a mistake so they waited until they were certain. We only received this information today.?

Qui-Gon felt his irritation rising and he could sense the mounting emotions blocking Obi-Wan?s ability to focus. He tamped down his own frustration, stepped in front of Obi-Wan, and held both shoulders. ?Obi-Wan focus.?

A slight movement of Obi-Wan?s brow into a wrinkle, assured Qui-Gon that he?d heard him and abruptly Obi-Wan took in a deep shuddering breath.

?It?s him Master, I know it is!?

Qui-Gon nodded and turned to the Councillors. The Force was charged with their individual energies searching for guidance. Disbelief lit most of their features for a moment, but the look on Obi-Wan?s face revealed the overwhelming possibility that the man was indeed Gerota, and he was making good on his threat.

Gerota warned them to keep an ever vigilante eye on his ?boy? because one day he would return and claim him. ?No one will take my boy away from me! He is mine, and I will find him, even if it takes a lifetime I will have him back!?

?I will not allow Obi-Wan to go anywhere near Gerota if it is indeed him!? Qui-Gon stated.

?I?ll send word to the authorities that you and your Padawan are unavailable; I?ll take several of the Councillors and we will go instead.? The Councillors nodded in agreement to Mace?s statement.

It was Obi-Wan who contradicted him. His head shot up. ?No, he?ll kill them, he?ll kill the hostages he has now, and then he?ll take more hostages, until I show my self!?

The room went silent and Obi-Wan felt a blush creep up his face. It was highly disrespectful for a padawan to speak before the council asked for his opinion. Nevertheless, he knew Gerota better than anyone else in the room did, and he would not hide behind the Jedi. Maybe a few years ago he may have. However, the Obi-Wan who stood before the council now, was confident of his place in the order and no escaped criminal would make him shy away from his duty as a Jedi.

He stepped forward respectfully. ?Please forgive my impertinence and my lack of control my Masters. However, I cannot hide from him forever; he?s very cunning, and he?ll hurt as many people as possible to get what he wants. We must capture him and send him back to prison before he can hurt anyone else.?

Obi-Wan bowed and stepped back next to his Master and smiled at him. Qui-Gon was very proud of his P

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Nasty viruses - my //\\O//\\~~~~ is decimating them as we speak!

Obi-Wan is brave...for bravery is not the lack of fear, but doing what one must despite the fear. Even so, he's more afraid for the hostages than himself. That's our Obi!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes go for it Obi-Wan =D=
    Defeat Gerota with the help of Qui-Gon

Fantastic update=D==D=

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    AAAGGGHHH!!

That was just evil!

[face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

I love how calm Obi-Wan is remaining and quite frankly, I think Gerota has gone completely insane.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    You did a wonderful job in presenting the confrontation, Padawan! Obi-Wan is being his true Jedi self, which will only lead to Gerota's demise. I have a feeling Gerota is going to wish he just cut his losses and ran. Obi is nothing like the "boy" he lost. Obi is da man now! I can't wait to read more.

25. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    The reactions of the henchmen reminded me of a scene from the NUMB3RS episode 'Arrow of Time' Three men escape from federal prison and one of the is believed to have targeted a FBI agent. When they capture one of the men the girlfriend of the FBI agent tells him that if he doesn't give his buds up then she will make him an accessory to anything they do. He talked after hearing that if his buds killed a federal agent that she would get a front seat at his execution.

Fargo? Did you happen to get that name from Eureka?

Oh and I still have that fluffy pink bathrobe belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.