main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    powerful chapter that one.

So glad I have an internet connection again!

I can now comment on stuff :)

Thanks for the PM

EG

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot

Um...[face_thinking] Do you have ESP or something. :D
    Do you think I would do that to our Obi-Wan.[face_shame_on_you]

KELIA

Good news??? :eek: You want good news.o_O

GeneralKenobi7
    Why thank you,:D I have been trying to be evil for years.[face_devil] Yahoo I?ve finally made it.

p_stotts[:D]
    A hard call to make but Qui-Gon is the only one who can tell him.[face_worried]

Take the news badly he will, ummm.:D

Kynstar
    Qui-Gon is in a difficult position, but you know Qui he?s stubborn.[face_not_talking]

earlybird-obi-wan
    You know me I love crushing Obi and then mending him.:oops: [face_love]

Lady_Misty.

Me Kill Obi-Wan:eek: Don?t speak of such evil thoughts.o_O

Bastet

You are so right my friend[face_dancing] we love to make him suffer don?t we.:p

CelseteAntola

Thank you Celeste, I?m happy you like the story so far.[:D]

Raphire

Thank you for reading. It is complicated and I love doing that. :D
    No Tahl isn?t blind in this, it actually doesn?t follow cannon after Melida/Daan.:D
    I would love to send you a PM

EGKenobi.

Yay isn?t it good when you get internet back.[face_dancing] I couldn?t stand it when mine went down with a virus a few months back..:oops:

I was going to post the next part tonight, but its late so I'll post tomorrow.I-)

3. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Qui-Gon sat quietly watching the rise and fall of Obi-Wan?s chest as he slept; the dark shadows of night were being replaced by the lights of early morning traffic flashing past the window as the sky lanes began to fill.

He knew it wouldn?t be long now before Obi-Wan woke up. ?Oh Obi-Wan, what am I going to say to you, how can you ever forgive me for letting this happen to you.? he whispered.

He gently lifted Obi-Wan?s braid off his shoulder, the hair felt so soft and he ran his fingers across it and touched each bead entwined in it. He remembered the day he plaited it for the first time. Obi-Wan had been so happy, Qui-Gon sensed the boy?s excitement through the Force, and he?d tried to control his emotions and keep from fidgeting. Obi-Wan had been sitting cross-legged on a cushion while Qui-Gon combed out the strands and began to plait it. Obi-Wan had been so nervous and he remembered having to tell him to sit still because he kept trying to turn his head to see what he was doing.
    He didn?t think he?d said it unkindly, but it had the desired effect. Obi-Wan sat so ridged it seemed like he?d willed himself into a stone statue. He should have realised then that Obi-Wan probably thought he was inferring that he had no patience. When Qui-Gon finished with the plait, he had to tell Obi-Wan that he could move now. He remembered asking him if he had plaited it to his liking.

Obi-Wan barely got the words out. ?Yes Master, thank you.? Then he asked if he could go to the fresher and look at it. When he came back, Qui-Gon noticed his puffy eyes. Nevertheless, he hadn?t asked him what was wrong. It wasn?t until later that he realised, he hadn't smiled at him once through the whole ceremony. ?No wonder he had no confidence.?

Qui-Gon lay the plait down and took in Obi-Wan?s features. He still looked so innocent and childlike, even though he was on the verge of adulthood. The scars around his neck had all but disappeared and any insecurities of his own worth had been replaced by confidence, poise, and strength. Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan?s strength came from within and he hoped that this complication would not destroy him.

Qui-Gon?s eyes darted up to Obi-Wan?s, the time was now, the golden lashes quivered and slowly eyelids fluttered open. He blinked several times and then closed them again. Qui-Gon could sense Obi-Wan trying to stretch out with the Force, he knew something was wrong and he was checking himself internally to discover what was making him feel so lethargic.

?Padawan,? Qui-Gon said quietly as he stood up so he was in Obi-Wan?s line of sight.

Obi-Wan?s eyes opened quickly, ?Master, you?re here, I didn?t sense you. I don?t seem to be able to focus. I feel like- like- I?m not sure, is something wrong with me??

Qui-Gon rested his hand on Obi-Wan?s forehead, ?I?m here Padawan. You've been sedated, that?s why you can?t grasp the Force properly.?

?I feel it Master, I can sense the drug in my body, but there is something else preventing me from moving. Why can?t I move my head??

?You were badly injured Obi-Wan; the blaster shattered your ribs and pieces of bone spread throughout your body. The healer removed most of them, however there are two pieces embedded in your backbone, they can?t remove them yet. The healers are worried that if you move and dislodge the fragments they may cut into the nervous system and paralyse you. They have immobolised you for the time being. There is considerable swelling around them and they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they can examine you further.?

?Master, how am I immobilised??

Qui-Gon could sense the worry in Obi-Wan?s voice. ?It?s only a precaution Obi-Wan, but you are strapped down. Please don?t worry; I?ll be right here to get you whatever you need. I promise everything will be alright.?

?I?m strapped down!? He stuttered and his breathing increased.

?Obi-Wan calm down, don?t fight it,? he said as he sent calming waves to sooth his stricken Padawan. ?Please Obi-Wan don?t try to move.? Qui-Gon saw the pleading lo

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?Master, how am I immobilised??

Qui-Gon could sense the worry in Obi-Wan?s voice. ?It?s only a precaution Obi-Wan, but you are strapped down. Please don?t worry; I?ll be right here to get you whatever you need. I promise everything will be alright.?

?I?m strapped down!? He stuttered and his breathing increased.

?Obi-Wan calm down, don?t fight it,? he said as he sent calming waves to sooth his stricken Padawan.

I imagine it's even more horrible than we think because Obi-Wan spent a lot of time as a slave strapped down, it seems. Of course his mind is a bit messed up now.

I want to die Qui-Gon, and you won?t let me. How selfish can you be, leave me in peace. I want you to leave this room, and don?t come back! Do you understand me Qui-Gon; I don?t want you here anymore. Go away!? Obi-Wan closed his eyes praying that Qui-Gon would just leave.

Don't leave Qui [face_praying] - Obi's crying for help. First let go of your guilt so that you can focus on Obi-Wan for now (much like the healer said a chapter or so ago).

Talk to each other - help each other - understand each other.

There was nothing for him to do except stare at the ceiling or into his master?s tired and worried eyes.

If nothing else, give Obi-Wan SOMETHING to focus on, something he can do while remaining still. Failing that, sedate him until the swelling DOES go down.

Maybe Yoda and his gimer stick are needed to beat some sense into them both :D and coincidentally beat those shards right out of Obi's spine as well. Heck, Obi - it's only been a few days. Give the swelling a chance to go down before you go seeking the peace of the Force.

5. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Uh, oh, that won't be easy for either of them[face_worried]
    You do know Obi-Wan doesn#t really mean it, don't you Qui? *smacks him over the head* Of course you know.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I hope Qui doesn't listen to Obi's pleas. I can understand why he wants to push Qui away, but it really is the worse thing he can do right now.

f his injuries prevented him from attaining Knighthood then Qui-Gon would relinquish his status as a Jedi Master, and would take Obi-Wan away with him.

I hope there will be no reason for that. Its not like the Order would turn their backs on Obi...though it might be too painful for him to stay there should, Force forbid, he end up paralyzed.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Poor selfless Obi. Poor selfless Qui. Someone should bang their heads together! They're both too stubborn for their own good. Personally, I'd like to smack that healer. He's the one who has given up on Obi. Come on, Obi! Show them just how stubborn you can be. The Force obviously isn't done with you, or you wouldn't still be there. So fight!

Ahem. *blinks and shakes head* Now see what you've done, Padawan? Getting your old master all worked up like that. *straightens robes* I think I'll just go meditate somewhere for awhile.

Oh and... great chapter! :D

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor guy :( one can understand the anguish that Obi is going thru, but hang on kid! The swelling is going down and they can then operate...well maybe?

Heartfelt chapter! :D Qui has to remain strong for Obi andhimself. Definitely an emotional segment!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Obi[face_worried]don't do this and let the healers and Qui-Gon help you. A few days and you're like this:eek:

Let Yoda come and take action.

And a angsty update again :eek:

superb writing=D=

10. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Wow! Great update! =D=

Obi can't give up yet though!! :(

Can't wait for the next update!!

~Celeste

11. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Qui-Gon has his work cut out for him if he's going make Obi-Wan understand that he's not going anywhere. Poor kid, he's got yet another trial to endure. :(

Hopefully the healers or Qui will find a way to help Obi-Wan overcome this new obstacle.

I've been reading as time allows but haven't been able to reply in a while. I've enjoyed each new addition! :)

Keep up the good work! =D=

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I hope that a decision is made soon.

13. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    You really are a horrible person you know that. :D I think you revel in the pain of your fictional characters. But then again, I thoroughly enjoyed this post so where does that put me.

I loved cliffie and you officially took care of my angst fix for at least today.

Can't wait for the next post.

14. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Obi-Wan, nooo! :_|

It's only been a few days, he can't give up yet! :( I hope Qui-Gon can help him feel better. :(

And I really hope they can fix Obi soon! [face_worried]

Wonderfully angsty update! :D

15. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Beautiful! Great Update!:_|

Obi needs a hug.[:D]

Uupppppppddddddddddaaaaaaaaattttttttteeeeee please!!! [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

Nice job! =D= =D=

16. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot

Yoda has a hand in every thing and his stick carries a lot of weight.;)

I didn?t realise that I was at the end of the story, so here is the conclusion to the slave.

Thanks for reading.[:D]

GeneralKenobi7
    Qui-Gon isn?t going to far don?t worry.:D
    If he does Yoda will hit him with his stick.[face_shame_on_you]

KELIA
    Alls well that ends well and Obi-Wan is just feeling sorry for himself, but he?ll get over it.

I know it?s abrupt but this is the last chapter coming up.:D

p_stotts

You know I love stirring you Master.O:) Their journey is nearly over.
    Thanks for all your help.[face_love]

Kynstar

I?m crying too, the story is at an end.:_| I can?t think of anything else to put them through.o_O

earlybird-obi-wan

Thank you for reading.[face_dancing] I?m giving Obi a break from slavery, but I have other things planned for him next?[face_not_talking]

CelseteAntola

Thank you[face_dancing] and Qui-Gon won?t leave him alone.
    Thanks for reading.:D

bek

Thank you and I know how time slips away and RL has to come first. This is the last chapter. Thanks for reading.[face_love]

Lady_Misty
    Here comes the last post. Thanks for reading.:*

Raphire

I know I?m horrible isn?t it great.o_O I love dishing out the angst.=P~
    Sorry?[face_praying] No I?m not.:D

Bastet.
    Thanks for your support.:cool:
    Here is the ending. I hope you enjoyed the ride.:D

Icepaw_Kenobi
    Thank you. Don?t worry Obi will get plenty of hugs.[:D]

Sorry that the end came quicker than I expected. I hope you enjoy the end.
    If you are interested I've started to write a story on 'The Saga'

ooo

Qui-Gon wasn?t going to release Obi-Wan?s hand, but a nudge from the Force had him look towards the door. Master Yoda was indicating that he should leave Obi-Wan for the moment and follow him. Every instinct told him not to go, but he could sense Obi-Wan?s erratic emotions causing him distress. Qui-Gon hesitated for a moment, and then reluctantly agreed. However, he was determined not to stay away long.

?Master Yoda I don?t believe he means what he said and I won?t leave him alone. He needs me and I intend to be there for him, for as long as I live if necessary.?

?Senses the guilt you hold in your heart he does. Will not allow you to whither away with him; rather send you away he would. Give him time to adjust you should.?

?He?ll never adjust to living like that. Surely, there must be something we can do.?

?Searching for an answer the healers are, give up easily they will not.?

?I won?t give up either; I?m going to look after him. I?ll leave the order if necessary. Nothing is going to stop me from caring for Obi-Wan. He?s my responsibility and I wouldn?t want it any other way.?

Master Yoda shook his head. ?Made for each other you are, very stubborn, too obstinate to give up; both of you. Confer with the healers I will.?

The next morning when Obi-Wan opened his eyes he was surprised to see Qui-Gon watching him.
    Obi-Wan closed his eyes and sighed. ?Please go away.?

?No I won?t go away, and no matter how obstinate you get, I?m afraid you?re stuck with me. You may have given up but I haven?t, do you think I intend for you to lay around here forever. Well my young apprentice, think again, I suggest you get as much rest as you can because when you?re back on your feet, I?ll make you work harder than ever before.? Qui-Gon?s voice had a stern quality about it and brooked no argument.

Obi-Wan stared at him, and thought, how can I convince him that I?m not worth wasting his time on.

?Padawan, you?ll never convince me that you?re a waste of my time, and I certainly don?t want to hear you say that again.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes filled with tears, and yet he smiled. ?I didn?t say anything Master, I thought

17. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Ah, a very satisfying ending, Padawan. Very good story! Qui and Obi are in harmony with the Force at last. Great job!

18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bravo! A great ending to an (always) great story.

19. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Very nice ending!

And it reminds me that I need to get going with my fics as well.

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Master Yoda said that he?s not as old as him

That's not really saying much :p

And Obi is back to normal!! Whoo-Hoo!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I love a happy ending and I'm so glad he got one.

Great job on this story, I have enjoyed if from beginning to end

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Such a nice, happy ending:) [face_dancing]
    And Obi is alright again!
    I really enjoyed this story and hope you'll keep on writing[:D]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    whoot[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] the healer from Alderaan did it. Good end to a gripping story.

And thanks for letting us share this beautiful story.=D==D==D=

23. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    What a great ending.

Glad Obi-Wan made it!! And that he and Qui-Gon have a future now.

Great stuff

EG

24. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great ending! [face_love] So warm and fuzzy!

Loved it! And so glad it was a happy ending! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tale! [:D]

25. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    [face_love] Beautiful ending!! I'm so glad that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were both able to get past their troubles and that Obi's OK!! :)

I enjoyed reading every bit of this story, Gkilkenny! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more of your work!

~Celeste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.