main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Slave. (Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan angst. - AU- - Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I thought you did a great job with Qui-Gon explaining things. His being humble before the Council probably did a lot to sway them about Obi-Wan. Wonderful.

2. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I think Obi will eventually forgive him...I hope. Great job with this post. I could really feel Qui-Gon's angst in this one. He really does care.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! [face_dancing] He's gonna recover! And the councilors are gonna give him a chance to continue his training (well that is if he is wanting to; ultimately it will be Obi-Wan's decision on whether he wants to truly continue to strive to become a Jedi or not; I can only hope he does!)

=D= Great update once more! Glad to see Qui can achieve true calm when it comes to the other Masters! ;) Also good to see Mace backing up Qui :D

4. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    One obstacle down, twenty million more to go. [face_laugh] Actually, that's probably not far from the truth. Obi-Wan does have a long way to go to even catch up with his age mates. However, those same obstacles will make him stronger and a better Jedi. Besides that, I believe his time spent as a slave will make him a better master to Anakin, assuming your AU takes that direction. As Randy Pausch said in The Last Lecture, walls are a test of how badly we want something. If Obi-Wan wants to be a Jedi badly enough, then he'll keep working at it no matter how many obstacles and walls he runs into.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update to see that Obi-Wan is going to be alright. Let Yoda help him with Qui-Gon and Mace.

And let them teach the council a lesson. Obi is a Jedi.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I don't say this too often, but WAY TO GO QUI! Good job - now persuade Obi of your good will.

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    They'll be offered training and will be looked after until they find jobs.?

I'm very impressed the Jedi are doing what they can for the rescued slaves.

And even more impressed with Qui-Gon.

First, he realizes and admits his mistakes and then says he will allow Obi-Wan to choose whether or not he will continue to train under him.

That had to be difficult to do.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    This was a wonderful post! =D= Obi-Wan not only has a lot of physical healing to overcome, but emotional healing as well. And will he want to complete his Jedi training and whom will he choose for a mentor if he does? So many questions. [face_thinking]

Qui did great in front of the Council. He controlled himself and spoke in Obi-Wan's best interest despite the pain it could cause him if his former padawan decides not to train under his tutelage. :)

Looking forward to more!

9. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Qui-Gon actually behaved himself in front of the Council, amazing! :p

I'm so glad Obi is going to make a full recovery (at least physically). [face_love] I hope he will still want to be a Jedi, even though it won't be easy. And will he want to keep Qui-Gon as his master, I wonder? [face_thinking]

Wonderful update, as always! :D

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    You go Mace!=D=

I felt that the Jedi Council for the most part lost touch with most people after watching RotS.

I don't know about you but I for one don't care much for Jude Watson's depiction's of certain characters. *cough* Anakin Skywalker *cough* and *cough* Obi-Wan Kenobi *cough, cough*

Let Obi take Qui back!

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    EGKenobi
    Yes possibly a battle for sanity, there is a lot that Obi-Wan has suffered.
    Thank you[:D] and for reviewing. I really appreciate your support.

Lolly_Tolly

Qui-Gon finally came to his senses. Lets up he?s up to the challenge in front of him.[face_thinking]

Oh! That's right! I've started a new story (no, I haven't posted it, yet), but Obi's going to die! Just thought you might like to know.
    YOU WOULDN'T DARE...:eek: Wait let me think [face_thinking] Ye you would and I'm waiting to read it. Perhaps give me a preview:D

dianethx
    Thank you I tried to show that Qui-Gon has learned by his mistakes.O:)

jedidas3
    Thank you there is plenty of angst to go around,[face_worried] Obi-Wan has yet to see the change in Qui-Gon.I-)

Kynstar
    Thanks[face_dancing] I?m trying to portray Mace and Qui-Gon as real friends in this.

Obi will recover, but there are more trials for him though.[face_worried]

p_stotts
    You are quite right Master probably a million and one obstacles to overcome.
    That may be true about Anakin and Obi however, this doesn?t go in that direction.:D
    Thank you .[:D]

earlybird-obi-wan
    Thanks for reading [face_love]
    I think the council will learn some lessons too.[face_mischief]

Valairy_Scot
    I thought I?d let Qui be good for a change and he really cares.[face_love]

KELIA
    Thanks [face_love]
    It is something you don?t think about when lots of people are saved from something?[face_thinking] What to do with them.[face_idea]
    I kind thought it was about time I gave Qui a break.:D

bek
    There are so many things to consider and Obi has a lot to learn if he?s going to remain a Jedi. There are mental scars too.[face_worried]
    Qui did great didn?t he.:D

Bastet

Yes Qui-Gon did behave him self it?s about time.:cool:
    Decisions decisions. To be or not to be that is the question.o_O

Lady_Misty
    Finally Mace has learned something about his council members. I thought it fitting.:D
    I agree I do think the Council didn?t see what they should have seen.
    They were supposed to be the greatest Jedi in the galaxy and were beaten by one sith.[face_shame_on_you]

Thanks for reviewing everyone and now here's another chapter.

Note: Mostly Qui-Gon's POV.

ooo

Qui-Gon hurried back to the healer?s ward, he wanted to check on Obi-Wan before he went to his quarters to shower and change into clean clothes. It hadn?t bothered him that he?d gone before the council in the same clothes he?d been wearing for two days. However, now that he?d received the promising news that the council were going to help Obi-Wan he could relax a bit. Besides, he wanted to clean out Obi-Wan?s room and get it ready for when he was released from the healer?s wing. Qui-Gon was determined to have Obi-Wan live with him and he wanted their apartment as inviting as possible.

He felt much better after a shower and a cup of tea. He even smiled slightly when he realised he was humming while he cleaned out Obi-Wan?s old room. He sighed because if the Council had had their way he wouldn?t have had this room to do up.
    Several times over the past three years they had tried to get Qui-Gon to take a different apartment, hoping that he would leave the past behind and let the memory of his former padawan fade into the Force where they believed Obi-Wan was.
    Qui-Gon looked around the small room, which had housed his apprentice for only a short period before he disappeared. He?d sent the curtains out to be cleaned and he?d ordered new sheets, pillows and covers for the bed. While he waited for the linen to arrive, he opened the cupboard door. On the top shelf stood a lone box and Qui-Gon pulled it down and carried it gently to the writing desk over near the window. It was an unremarkable looking cardboard box, but inside it were some very precious i

12. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    *gulp* Great! Just what Obi-Wan needs. Perhaps having to face Gerota again in the future is the one thing that will finally release Obi-Wan from his fears. We'll have to wait and see. Great job, Padawan. I look forward to more.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, I can't wait for Obi and Qui's talk, but the future looks forboding.

Great update...I've been waiting a LOOOOOOONG time. :D

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I?ve come to my senses where Obi-Wan is concerned and I?ll dedicate my life to see to it that he realises his dreams.?

Now that's the Qui-Gon I know so well

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I'm glad he has renewed the bond with Obi as well, though I can't help but wonder how he will react...assuming he can feel it as well.

I certainly hope they get Gerota to Kessel A.S.A.P!!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Not Gerota again. He cannot have Obi-Wan.

let Qui-Gon protect him and form that bond of light.

great update=D==D==D=

16. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great update.

Well worth the wait.

EG

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    If that sleemo knows what's good for him he will stay away from the Jedi!

*Runs off to tell Jo to be on stand-by and to bring Tagger and Zane. We might need all three of them. Sheriff Carter better tag along to.*

*Transforms into my Darker half* Show NO mercy!

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job with this. I loved that the slaver wasn't about to let Obi-Wan go.

19. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Uh oh...I have a bad feeling about this!

Great job with this update!

20. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I'm so sorry for not posting for such a long time! I have been reading the story and it's been really really great!

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hopefully Gerota's ship will blow up on the way to Kessel. [face_skull] If only it could be that easy. [face_frustrated] Poor Obi is going to have enough to deal with without also having to worry about a sadistic former slave-master.

Speaking of Obi, I wonder if he'll accept the bond with Qui-Gon. Probably not right away though, and then we can see Qui do some more groveling. It's fun to watch him grovel. [face_mischief]

Can't wait for more! :D

[face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]

22. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    p_stotts
    Your thoughts are on my wavelength about the future. That?s why we make a good Master/Padawan team[:D]

Valairy_Scot
    Sorry about the LOOOOOOONG wait.[face_devil] Don?t worry there?s more coming.

KELIA
    Qui-Gon has come to his senses Finally.:D
    But Obi-Wan still has a way to go.[face_worried]

earlybird-obi-wan
    Gerota is a hard man to keep down.[face_skull]
    Thanks for your support.[:D]

EGKenobi
    Thank you[face_dancing] more is on the way.

Lady_Misty
    The sleemo is out of sight and mind for awhile.:p
    Sheriff Carter can keep an eye on Gerota.[face_peace]
    Don?t go all dark on me. Keep to the light.O:)

dianethx
    Thank you [face_love] I have plans for the slaver.[face_mischief]

jedidas3
    Well you know how it goes.o_O Bad feelings run rampant in our stories.:D

Thanks for your support.:*

JediKaren
    I?m happy you?re still reading
    Thank you.O:)

Bastet
    Ummm I never thought of blowing up the ship,..:D Well maybe later I?ll do something nasty to Gerota.[face_thinking] (You can count on it)
    You are right some grovelling is on the horizon. :p
    More coming your way now.[face_good_luck]

ooo

A feeling of dread past through Qui-Gon at Gerota?s words and he glanced at Mace. ?That man is insane! I?m relieved he?ll be in prison for a long time!?

?Yes that?s the last we?ll see of him Qui-Gon. There?s no escaping from Kessel.?

?I know and it was important to see those two convicted, but I?m really anxious to get back to the temple. I asked the healers to call me if Obi-Wan woke up, but they didn?t. I hope nothing is wrong.?

?I?m sure he?ll be alright Qui-Gon, maybe the sedative hasn?t worn off yet.?

?That?s just it Mace, when I contacted them in the break they said they assumed that he would as soon as they stopped with the sedation. My gut feeling tells me something is wrong.?

?He?s in good hands Qui, so don?t worry. We?ll be back there in a few minutes and you can check on him yourself. I will go and let the council know about the verdict and then I?ll come down to see Obi-Wan.?

?Thank you Mace, I appreciate everything you?ve done.?

ooo

Master Yoda arrived at the healing ward and was disappointed to find Obi-Wan still unconscious. The healer had contacted him as they too were concerned. He sat on the end of the bed, closed his eyes and pulled the Force around him. Placing them both into a Force bubble and then he connected to Obi-Wan using the living Force. Yoda listened to the blood pumping through Obi-Wan?s veins and little microscopic midi-chlorians were flowing along with it.

It always amazed Yoda, the way the human body regenerated itself.
    He reached out with his own powerful life energy and slowly followed the flow of the Force towards Obi-Wan?s brain. He could hardly sense any brain wave patterns and he felt Obi-Wan?s heart slow down. It appeared that he was going into a hibernation trance. Yoda sensed a barrier surrounding Obi-Wans thought centre. Nothing seemed to be getting past this barrier, no sensations of healing or pain went past this point. Yoda slowly touched the wall, sending his Force presence through it, hoping it would penetrate the thick substance. He abruptly sensed the healers alarm and pulled out of his meditation.

?Master Yoda what just happened? his heart rate has decreased further and his temperature is dropping below normal levels.?

?In a Hibernation trance he is, if right I am, dangerous it is.?

?Hibernation, but he could die if he doesn?t come out of it. A trained Jedi can only go into a dormant state for four days, no more. Obi-Wan isn?t a trained Jedi.?

?Sense I do that Qui-Gon is near, ask him if he knows anything I will.?

ooo

Qui-Gon hurried down the corridor towards the ward. He sensed that Yoda was there and he felt the concerned aura?s of the healer too. Openin

23. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    That was a really touching chapter, Padawan. Qui-Gon's instincts were correct -- for once. I like how Obi-Wan not only trusted Qui-Gon enough to let him inside his mind, but he also trusted him enough to follow him to consciousness.

Now the hard part begins. There's no telling how extensive the damage is to his psyche. Why do I get the feeling that the other padawans will find out about his time in slavery, and a few of them (dear Bruck, perhaps)will try to exploit his weakness. Of course, they'd probably find out just how strong Obi-Wan really is.

Wonderful! Simply wonderful. =D=

:( On a side note, has anyone else read the stories online about Natasha Richardson's skiing accident? She's married to Liam Neeson, a.k.a. Qui-Gon Jinn.

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

Thanks for your wonderful review. [:D]

:_| Yes I heard it on the news today about Natasha Richardson's skiing accident? If you can believe the media she is on life support.
    My thoughts and prayers go to Liam Neeson, a.k.a. Qui-Gon Jinn.[face_praying]

[face_praying]

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_blush] Sorry for not posting on the prior chappie, but got caught up with things (if you have a PM list I'd love to be on it so I don't miss the next ones!)

That chapter was intense with Gerota mentally promising himself that he'd get Obi no matter what [face_worried]

This newest chapter was great! So glad Qui was able to get Obi to come out of the coma! And now he'll be able to see his old friends (hopefully) and maybe he'll decide to stay in the Temple and continue his training as a Jedi. (Well we can hope, right? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.