main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Costume Help Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Timmmmmeh.........have you ever thought about making a Neo costume? ;)

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Me? As Neo? I'm not allowed to dress as any Keanu Reeves character. My IQ is too high. :p

Nah. I want Luke's ROTJ costume. I want something I can play "Back in Black" while wearing.

3. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    No, I didn't mean so you could wear it. :p

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Ahhhh.... So somebody I know wants a Neo costume. Is that a hint, Ben?

5. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Morpheus:"Neo, where are you going?"

Neo:"To see if there's a pub!"

I just hope he doesn't try Fayette County at 3am...

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    They roll in the streets at 3 a.m. in Fayette County, you know.

7. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    Nah, not really. My days of dressing up are done. Been there, done that.

8. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    No, I didn't mean so you could wear it.

What else would he do with it? [face_mischief]

9. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    What else would he do with it?

Must not think of an answer....Must not think of an answer....Must not think of an answer....Must not think of an answer....etc......

10. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Tim: Well, here's my new Jedi screen name!

Thanks for all the help with the new costume. It's looking great! Let me know if I owe you any more on materials, or if I need to pick up anything for it or the others you're working on.

Can't wait until MSC!

Lin

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Can you add six more hours to each day for me, Lin? I love the new screen name! Also glad to see you made it home after a nearly all-nighter at our house.

12. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    Yeah, but it REALLY threw off my sleeping! I guess we'll have to set a curfew next time or we'll end up staying awake all night. I'm bad about getting sleepy about 10:30 or 11pm, and being wide awake for at least another 4-6 hours if I don't crash while I'm tired. Goes back to when I had my own shop and could airbrush all day, screen print all night, and get about 2-4 hours sleep a day!

Had a great time as usual. Chili was great, jerseys rocked, and the costume is really looking sweet, dude!

Let me know if I can help with anything else. I really appreciate it!

13. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    argh.
    ok, does anyone know a good place to buy grommets around here? hancock doesn't have the right size and hobby lobby apparently doesn't carry them. I'm going to check home depot again tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone might have an idea. The size I need is around 1/2 inch tall.
    geez, why don't we have a corsetry supply store around here? hee.

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Might try Tandy Leather off Madison near midtown.

Tim- do you want to try and get together next Sunday afternoon to work on costumes? If so let me know if I need to snag any more materials.

15. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Now that's a place I wouldn't have thought of. I'll def. have to check them out. Thanks!

btw, I had a super-freak-out today - they've opened a new Hancock's in Wolfchase, next to Home Depot. It just opened today and they're not completely stocked yet... but I'm so excited, it's so pathetic :D But it's going to be so much easier to get to for me!

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Great, the one near the bowling alley (Quince)is the closest for me, but since they closed the one off Summer and White Station that's one less place to have as an alternative! I hit just about all of them looking for stuff for my Killer Klown costume last Halloween.

I'm usually out that way to hit Michael's, Toys R Us, or Best Buy- so that's another stop I can make while I'm on that side of town! Thanks for the update!

I did find out yesterday that both Art Dept. locations are closing! Really sucks, that's where we would have MSCA meetnigs and cartooning classes. They also had some great prices on canvases! It almost made me as depressed as when I found out that the WB stores closed!

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Kell: Don't worry, I get excited about new fabric stores, too.

Lin: I'll call you about next Sunday. Things are going to get, well, I don't know how to describe how they're going to get. I just came from visiting my grandmother at the hospital. The doctors told us to prepare ourselves, so things aren't going to be good at all. I'm going to be spending a lot more time with both of my grandparents over the next month, so my schedule will even be crazier.

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I understand- been there, dine that. Best to you and your family.

Just give me a yell when/if you feel like doing some cotume work, or just need a distraction!

Lin

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Trust me, Lin, with all of the "Dallas"-style family shiznit that's going to accompany this, I'm going to need a friend to keep me distracted. It's hard enough dealing with this. I don't need any more crap. But I know it's coming.

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    That's sad, Tim. :(

Let me know if I can help you guys in anyway. Babysitting, distraction, whatever.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    "Trust me, Lin, with all of the "Dallas"-style family shiznit that's going to accompany this, I'm going to need a friend to keep me distracted. It's hard enough dealing with this. I don't need any more crap. But I know it's coming."

Luckily I missed all the shiznit that went down between my dad and his sibblings at my grandmother's funeral. I was amazed at the crap my mom- an only child had to deal with from my MaMaw's living relatives, and my mom's mom had no living sibblings! what's worse, she really didn't have anything to fight for, and my mom had to pay all the bills she left.

At least my dad got the Workman farmhouse out of it all...

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll take "Distraction" for $100, Rhonda.

I'm having a hard time coping with it, to be honest. I've been fortunate so far to have never lost anyone close to me. We've known for a while now that her cancer was spreading, but it's become extremely aggressive over the past month. It's hard knowing that there's no hope, and that your time is limited. That, and I'm starting to throw fits that sound like Luke and Anakin. It's not fair.

And I'm pissed because I have no village of Tusken Raiders to take my anger and despair out on.

Add this stress to the fact that my phone isn't ringing with job offers, and you can see that I'm going to need a venti distraction with a side of mindless humor.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I can see if I can find a pink wig for Traci if that'll help ya!

Hang in there. It willget better- eventually, even if it has to get a bit worse first.

We're here if ya need us!

24. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    Sorry to hear about your grandmother Tim :( !!! I'm living with the only grandparent I have left, so I'm enjoying it very much.

As for taking out agression....you need a good SW video game to slice people up like I do :D

Anyone here know how to make a costume for a Jedi...preferably BLACK and GREY

John

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You're in the right group, John. I'm working on a black, grey, and charcoal costume for Lin right now. I used a pattern for the tunic, but free-formed the robe. I can make belts, tabbards, and the likes, too.

That reminds me. We should do a bunch of costuming meetings this and next month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.