main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The SMT Costume Help Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm all up for the lightsaber workshop...My SW fetish

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    No prob on the snackage- or the psray adhesive- let's just hope nobody gets them confused!

See you all when I get back from Jackson!

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Don't forget that costume help will be available tomorrow starting at 1:00 pm, y'all. No one took advantage of today's scheduled gig, which was not a problem- I sewed like a merf today, and got to watch Pulp Fiction while doing it. I think I'll start quoting Ezekiel 25:17 before I start sewing from now on.

4. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Tim sorry I couldn't be there but I'm pretty sick at the moment and didn't want to give it to anyone else.

Chuck

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And we appreciate that, Chuck. Sorry you're sick, and hope you get better soon. We'll be doing it pretty much every weekend up until MSC, so you'll have more chances.

6. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim, thanks for the help. I'll go by this week and look for buckles.

Sorry I had to cut out yesterday. Give me a yell when you want to work some more and if you need any other materials.

7. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Tim thanks for all your help with my costume. It's greatly appreciated.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Tim: No problem, man. I just wish I weren't as slow as friggin Christmas at getting things finished.

Lin: All of the materials that are left on my list come in bottles, and I ain't talking about glue or Woolite. I'll give you a holler about when.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Remember folks: Costume help is still available on weekends. Holler out if you'll be needing help with anything. I can't get to any more sewing projects before MSC, but I can advise. And maybe some of your fellow SMTers will help you out of the kindness of their hearts!

And then you could always bribe them with Cheetos and beer.

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Okay- so are we on for this weekend? If so, what times? I'm going to go shopping for those boot buckles tomorow after work. I may go to the hockey game that night, too. Otis Day and the Knights are playing after the game, and Bev and Dad Dog are supposed to be there as well.

BTW- same snackage and drinks as usual?

11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We can start earlier this Saturday- say 10 am or so, but we have plans for that night, so things will have to be wrapped up by 7 pm.

We have plans on Sunday night as well, so we could start around noon. I have no idea what time our Sunday thing is, so I don't know what time we'll have to call it quits.

I'm free tomorrow night, but I'll have the kids. But, kids do sleep....eventually...so I can get something done.

And, yes, Lin- Snackage and drinks would be good.

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That's cool- I've got a lot of stuff I need to do around the house and for con, so calling it before it gets late would be fine. With us getting an early start it should give us plenty of time to work.

I've got errands to run and stuffs at home to complete tonight, so I'll see ya Saturday morning!

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thanks again for the spiffy new Jedi costume, Tim!

How much time do you think this guy spent on his costume..?

Only thing missing is a breakfast sandwich...and maybe a big butterfly net!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Man....that is one ugly dude. He looks like Richard O'Brien and Keith Richards had a love child. He made himself look like that....on purpose???

shudder

The costuming continues this weekend, folks. If you aren't in need of help, remember that some of your fellow SMTers are, and could use some assistance.

I figure we'll start at about 1 pm on Saturday and maybe a little earlier on Sunday. I'll make a final decision before Friday afternoon as to the exact times. As I said in the Rendevous thread, I'm overcommitted, as usual, on projects, so I'm extremely limited on helping folks sew and the likes, but I can get you started and advise as necessary.

If you would like to bring a sewing machine, then all I can say is 'bring it!'. We have two right now, but I'm sure they'll be in use the entire time, limiting the actual sewing that can be done. Also, if you already have a pattern, please cut it out before you get here to save yourself more time for sewing. And if anyone wants to trade cutting time with me for sewing time, then we may be able to work something out.

And, as always, feel free to call me if you have any questions or need anything.

-Tim the OCD Costumer

15. Obi-G-Y-N

Obi-G-Y-N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2004
    I'll see you there!

Any requests for snackage?

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, you know....the usual-

Chips, dips, chains, whips.....

Sorry- Quoting Weird Science there.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Trust me- if I could get her to show up I would!

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I should be able to be there Sunday to help you cut yours.

I'll call you about Friday. I ahve to go be a notary right after work, but if Trace is around after 7 or so, I'll give y'all a holla out... 8-}

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm going to be running a few errands tonight but I'll call later if I get a chance.

I'll bring my tape for the sabers.

Oh, must get snackage...

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We'll start at 1 pm tomorrow, folks. That'll give me plenty of time to sobe...er...straighten up.

See y'all in 14 hours!

And I got me a rotory mat and cutter tonight at Wally World! Yay for me! That sucker slices and dices like nobody's business!

BTW- Anybody know how to re-attach fingers?

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Always be sure to keep plenty of ice and baggies around for those digits!

That rotary cutter and mat work great!

Thanks for hosting again- hope we didn't make too much of a mess!

Oh, I forgot to snag that wooden pole for the sabers. I'll swing by and get it later. I also forgot my photos, comic book, and DVDs- can you put them on the piano so I won't forget them again?

Everybody's costumes are looking great! Next up- the new and improved QUI-GON TIM!

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Glad to be of help to everybody. I got Jay's costume finished in record time, finishing up just before 2 am this morning. It turned out great, if I do say so myself. Not bad for never having done a sleeveless cloak before.

I can't decide if I have the energy to start mine tonight. I had a tough day at the office today.....ha...ha....ha....

Actually, my sisters, our children, and I went to the Zoo today. There wasn't crap going on at work, so I forwarded the phone and took off. The kids had a great time, as always. I'm a tired puppy, though. Poor little Rachel decided to walk most of the trip, and is about comatose. Traci put her down for a nap, but some idiot who kept slamming his truck gate because it wouldn't close right woke the poor kid up. I'm surprized Traci didn't use Force-lightning on his butt.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Glad to see you're fitting in at your new job.

Did you make monkey sounds at the zoo?!

24. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    And once again, Grace is overcome with panic because she hasn't even bought fabric for her Darth Maul costume for Celebration 3, much less knows how to make it and make it look AUTHENTIC. *falls over twitching*

...AND HOW THE HECK IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO THE HORNS?!
    ACK!!!! She should have thought of this earlier.

And she's speaking in third person again.

-Darth Grace*

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Grace: I've seen a Lady Maul costume site somewhere....I'll try to find it again.

A personal triumph for me tonight: I put in my first zipper! :D 'course, it may fall out when I try to wash the costume.....

OH, and I have finally discovered how to get Emma to eat: Try To Sew A SW Costume.

[Ralphie from A Christmas Story voice] My daughter has not eaten voluntarily in 7 years. [/Ralphie voice] ;)

I kid you not. She wore a size 4/5 clothing for 3 solid years. She could live for an entire week on a single french fry. But now, as soon as I sit down at the sewing machine or lay out fabric to cut, I hear, "Momma! I'm hungry!"

And then the child who has never eaten "seconds" in her entire life, eats everything in sight, waits for me to sit back down at the sewing machine and asks, "Can I have some more?" She's gonna gain 10 lbs before MSC at this rate! Not that I'm complaining....it would be nice to see her actually fill out her clothes for once, but GEEZ!! Of all times to sprout an appetite. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.