main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~~The Snake Pit~~~ METAL GEAR SOLID Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Obi-HaCoR, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Metal Gear Solid has been aroudn for years. Starting off in the "old school" system that we all know and love, Nintendo, and strecthing it's horizons over the years to far more and better systems of today (Playstation 2, Gamecube, and X BOX).

Over the eyars as we have grown up, we have watched this series continue to grow as well, following striclty behind our comrade, Solid Snake.

For all of you who believed the rumors and hype that Metal Gear Solid 2 would be the final installment to the series..... feast your eyes on these.....

[image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/04/30/mgs_twinsnakes/mgs_tsn_0430_screen001.jpg]
    [b]Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes [/b] (GameCube)

[i]Silicon Knights is working on a remake of the original Metal Gear Solid for the GameCube.

Konami has announced that the official title for the GameCube Metal Gear game is Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and that it's currently in development at Silicon Knights, the development team behind Eternal Darkness. The game will feature revamped Metal Gear Solid 2 quality graphics and gameplay mechanics, but it will contain the original Metal Gear Solid storyline. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is being developed under the supervision of Hideo Kojima and Shigeru Miyamoto.

?I am tremendously excited to introduce a unique Metal Gear Solid experience to a new audience of gamers as well as collaborate with my mentor in game design, Mr. Miyamoto, on Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes for Nintendo GameCube,? says Hideo Kojima, vice president, Konami Computer Entertainment Japan, Inc.

?Mr. Kojima and I have spoken about this project for some time, and I?m excited our ideas have matched so perfectly,? adds Shigeru Miyamoto, senior managing director of Entertainment Analysis and Development Division, Nintendo Co., Ltd. ?It?s this shared passion for game creation that has allowed us to collaborate to bring a special Metal Gear project exclusively for Nintendo GameCube.?

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is scheduled for release later this year in North America, but it will be on display at E3.
    [/i]

Which I am sure most of you already know has passed. For those that are interested in seeing the trailer please click the following link.... [link=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/]Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes [/link] The release date is scheduled to be either Febuary or March 4th of 2004. MORE UPDATES TO COME LATER!!!

[image=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/pic/tgs_cg11.jpg] [image=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/pic/tgs_cg09.jpg] [image=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/pic/tgs_cg10.jpg] [image=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/pic/tgs_cg04.jpg]

[link=http://www.konamijpn.com/products/mgs_tts/english/]Official Twin Snakes Website [/link]

[hr]

[image=http://www.allrpg.com/games/mgs3/wallpaper/1_2.jpg] [image=http://www.allrpg.com/games/mgs3/logo.jpg]
    [b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater [/b] (Playstation 2, 2004)

[i]The director of MGS3 talks about the main character's identity, as well as the gameplay mechanics featured in the new game.

In the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, Metal Gear Solid 3 director Hideo Kojima revealed a number of details on the upcoming sequel. Kojima confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 3 takes place in the 1960s, and as seen in the E3 demo, the theme is survival in the jungle. Kojima explained that about two-thirds of the game will take place against the backdrop of nature, with jungles, waterfalls, and caves. The remaining third will be in buildings. Kojima commented that this will make Metal Gear Solid 3 feel like a true espionage game, as players will have to fight and play hide and seek against the enemies who are tracking them.

When asked if the main character is Solid Snake, Kojima did not give a direct answer. Instead, he said that the E3 trailer shows that the main character is missing an eye, and that he deliberately included a close-up scene to show it.

Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid 3's gameplay system wi

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    They both look freaking awesome. I hope they "eventually" port Twin Snakes to PS2 or PC though. I don't want to have to buy a system for one game.

3. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    I agree, I think if they are going to move a game over to a new consule, they should at least make copies for ALL the game systems. On the PC would be pretty neat though!! :)

4. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    Twin Snakes doesnt coun as part of the series because it is a remake of Metal Gear Solid, but Snake Eater is gonna be awesome.

To bad we dont get to be Snake :(

5. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Kit : What do yuo mean we don't get the chance to be Snake? from the trailer that I've seen from "Snake Eater" you play the character of Solid Snake from his days in the war in the 1960's. I think just because they say he may not be the
    "main character" doesn't necessarily mean we won't use him............at least I don't think so. :confused: :(

Yeah, even though Twin Snakes is not necessarily a "new" installment to the series because it is a remake of the Metal Gear Solid game from PSOne, I do think it is a GREAT addition. Especially for those who may not have played it originally. From the trailer that I have seen, they have COMPELTELY expanded this game to where I think it'll be even better then the original.

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Looks like I'll be getting me a Gamecube ;)

I'm a huge MGS fan - finally got MGS2 the other day and completed it. Still torn between deciding which game I like the best. I was kinda disappointed that you had to play with Raiden pretty much all the way through MGS2 but its still awesome and Raiden isn't so bad. But at least we still had Otacon and some other MGS1 characters to interact with. Although the bit with the Colonel near the end was...weird. Perhaps someone on the MGS team has played Silent Hill one too many times ;)

I am so happy to hear I'll have some more tactical espionage action to indulge myself in ;)

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I loved the first MGS game on the original Playstation. I hired it out since I read good things about it and it was so good I had to own it. It's still one of the best games I have ever played.

8. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    you play the character of Solid Snake from his days in the war in the 1960's.

If it takes place in the 1960's, then it can't be Solid Snake. Metal Gear (NES) took place in 1995. If MGS3 takes place in the 60's and we're playing as Snake, then he's in his diapers. Otherwise Snake is much older than we've been told and he's in his 60's in MGS2, which is higly unlikely.

I'm thinking that if Snake is the character in MGS3, it's following MGS2 and clearing things up that were mentioned at the end of MGS2.

But then we really don't know since Kojima is being very quiet about what is in store for MGS3.

9. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    My theory - it's Solidus or Liquid you play as, not Solid. Or maybe it's Big Boss?

Or maybe they've got some time-travel thing going on and it is everyone's favourite Snake :p

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Metal Gear's first appearance was on the doomed SEGA CD system, in a classic game called Snatcher.

Bet you didn't know that !

11. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    Just to clear everything up the person you play as is Big Boss.

Hints:
    1. the eye. in the MGS instuction book we see a picture of Big Boss with an eyepatch. Also in MGS2 when Solidus loses his Eye Ocelot says "you're the spitting image of Big Boss"

2. The game takes place in the 60's. Snake and the other clones were not made until the 70's.

3. Snake is a clone of Big Boss, therefore Big Boss would look the same as Snake at one point of his life.

4. On a MGS3 teaser poster theree were random letters all over it. Some were capitalized and some werent. The ones that werent capatilized spelled out the words Big Boss.

Just put them together ;)

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Looks like I was on the right track then...

But there's so much left over from MGS2 that needs explaining. Or are there other endings that explain everything?

13. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    there are rumors of a MGS4 that will explain a lot of stuff. But there are also rumors that MGS3 will explain all of the Patriot stuff, I dont know. I actually understand everything in MGS2 though

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    The Patriots...the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo(Sp?)....or something. Hmm I get it but the ending left something of a cliffhanger with them.

Rumors of MGS4? Already!?!

15. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    what part do you not understand, I can tell you anything except the part where the patriots died 100 years ago

16. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    The SnakeEater game is pretty much in tune with what I have always wanted them to do, only in my case, I had that imagined for the remake of the original MetalGear. I would have done it as a two disc set, with one disc (the starting disc) being devoted exclusively to the 'outdoor' part of hte game, from the time you parajump into Zanzibar, with all the good things that can come with it, with an engine exclusively done for the outdoors part of the game.

ANd then, when you reach the main fortress, you put in a second disc, with an engire specifically devoted to the 'indoor' stuff.

Seems like they are part way there.

17. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Well everythign was goign great for me in MSG2 until after the credits wen tup and you can hear Solid Snake and his partner talking and dropped th ebomb shell about the Patriots being dead for nearly 100 years.

NOW THAT.........is what confused me 8-} :D

any thoughts or a explanationw oudl be nice. So I think it shoudl definitly lead up to a MSG4, taking place a little while after MSG2.

Back in College, someone stole my game after I completed it a couple days after :( So I am thinking of buyign it again, and tryign to beat it once again :)

18. -RonaldMcDonald-

-RonaldMcDonald- Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2003
    I played mgs2 a while ago and im kinda hazy on what happened. COuld somebody explain who the patriots were again, and what role Solidus, ocelot and the AI colonel had in the storyline? I'm pretty sure the AI colonel was using solidus and ocelot to create a perfect simulation to get the perfect soldier or something, but i can't remember.

Thanks.

19. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    instead of rebuying MGS2, why dont you just buy Substance.

20. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Metal Gear Games love dropping those bombs on you. I was utterly SHOCKED when I found out the freaking President (hinted he was Solidus) was holding Ocelot's leashing and was trying to take over the world etc. And that Snake was the "inferior" of the two brothers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

When MGS3/MGS4 comes out it will all make sense.

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    It's gotta be Big Boss in MGS3 if its set in the 1960s. It's all in MGS1 at the end. Solid and Liquid (and presumably Solidus) were all created in the 1970s.

Obi- your copy got stolen!?!? That sucks.

I think my copy of MGS1 is dying though. It's soooooo annoying. I got to the end last night and it just stopped halfway through the credits so I couldn't save and restart... [face_plain]

And the end with the Patriots was one huge bombshell. Gotta love Kojima's ability to do that with his storylines.

Did anyone else find the part where the Colonel started saying really random things creepy? I sure did...

22. JediMasterKitFisto

Aug 27, 2002
    my brother actually turned off the playstation because the colonel told him to [face_laugh]

23. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    JediMasterKitFisto: LOL!

*sniffle* It's offical. My copy of MGS1 has had it. It just stops loading during the credits and gets all jumpy. It's weird though 'cause the CD isn't scratched or dirty. Guess I played it to death trying to get all the extras and stuff like the James Bond Tuxedo and the ninja outfit...

24. Obi-HaCoR

Jul 13, 2002
    Ginger : Think of that as a sign.........its tryign to tell you

"You must buy a Gamecube, you must by a Gamebue"

So you can by Twin Snakes, since it's pretty much a remake of MSG1. Same storyline and all.......just better 8-}

As for when the Colonel started talking funny, heck yeah. I had the lights off and wa splaying it. Freaked me out, I wasn't sure if the game messed up or what. I almost turned it off but decided to sit through it and see what happens. LoL! 8-}

25. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Looks good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.