main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Party!!!!!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by darth-sinister, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'd like to hear you sing. Strong side was that I was good in drama. Good enough to do it, but I was too busy with other things to devote the time to it.

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Wow, already 100 posts! :D And that on the first day... this thread will reach the size of the old one in no time. ;)

I'm not so sure if you want to hear that, Matt... ;)

3. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It can't be that bad. Goodnight Juila. Sleep well.

4. HandyMaiden

HandyMaiden Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    Why, I would love to sing for you sometime!What kind of music do you like? I was mostly classically trained, i.e. opera, but I can pretty much do anything. I'm not full of myself, you just have to be pretty flexible to get any work! ;)

But the theater is my true passion. The money is not great, but I really enjoy it. I also love to teach it. It's great to see kids having fun. :)

Did you do any plays in school, Matt?

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I meant both of you.

No, I never did a play. Only the music programs. In the beginning of my sophmore year, I had speech class. The teacher had us do some of the things associated with drama. I improved a few things and done it with such flair and class, that I was asked to try out. But I choose not to. I had so much school work at the time. Not to mention my learning disability hampered my work. And that I tended to slack off on homework at times. Otherwise, I was pretty good at it.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I'd love to hear you sing, Genny! Do you think you could arrange to upload a song to the net? One guy did that a while ago, the thread is right here in the FanForce Community..... ah, here it is. :)

Well, gotta go... :(

Good night. :) *kisses Matt* [face_love]

See you all tomorrow. :)

7. HandyMaiden

Nov 2, 2001
    Oh, but my song specialty is "Lapti Nek." ;)

Gotta love Sy Snoodles and the Max Rebo band.... :p

P.S. If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, listen to the original ROTJ soundtrack. It will all come rushing back.... :cool:

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I used to have the anthology set. Then I sold it to my friend after getting the Special Editions.

9. HandyMaiden

Nov 2, 2001
    I'll try, Julia! I am not that skilled on the computer yet... :*} Thanks for the link. Oh, and good night!! :)

Hey, Matt, I am very familiar with slacking off on homework.... I can't believe I've gotten as far as have! :D It was very hard to juggle both schoolwork and my other activites. Needless to say, the schoolwork suffered. I didn't know you had a learning disability. That must be very frustrating. My youngest sister has LD. She has alot of issues with school. Many of my students have LD and are special ed students, and they get alot of confidence from drama, music, and art. I just wish that school officials paid more attention to the importance of the arts...

10. HandyMaiden

Nov 2, 2001
    I loved the anthology set! I used it for a presentation on John Williams in my music theory class when I was in tenth grade. I misplaced after I moved. I have no idea where it is... :(

Do you like the SE soundtracks? I only have ANH. I like all the previously unavailable stuff, obviously.... :p

11. HandyMaiden

Nov 2, 2001
    Well, I must be going....

Have a good night! *big hugs*

12. Chocos_Ramabotti

Chocos_Ramabotti Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2001
    I'm going now, too :) bye all :)

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Hi everyone! :D

Thanks, Kessel Runner! You were very nice about letting us have a bit to decide where to move to... :) I know we all really appreciate it! :D

Looks like everyone's gone... :p I'll be here until I can't stay awake any longer... ;) :)

I'm in a much better mood now than I was in earlier... the girl I was talking about was actually pretty decent tonight, and we watched A Knight's Tale... which was great! ;) I must say, Heath Ledger is probably the "second best" looking actor... second to Ewan, of course... :p [face_love] ;) :D

Well, I'll be around... ;) :D

You know, I think Julia mentioned this earlier, but this thread it going to be as large and larger than the other in no time...look at the posts just today! :eek: :p :D

14. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    Morgaine, I am currently in preparation to teach elementary. I'm signed on to do substitute work in Los Angeles. I'm looking to probably move to the DC area for a permanent position.

I want fifth grade.

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    *gasp* :eek:

Did you just say you want to teach 5th grade?!?!?! :eek: Oh my goodness...

I have a brother in the 5th grade, so maybe that's it... :p ;)

Quick question... what should we call you? Do you have a nickname or anything or is it just Kessel Runner? :)

She (Morgaine) lives in Germany, just for your info... I'm not sure if you knew that... :)

Wow, it's 12:30... :p I don't remember the last time I stayed up so long... :p And I'm really not too tired yet... :eek: Weird... :p

:D

16. LordSphinx

LordSphinx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey guys!

I'm back its 1250AM here... looks like Laura and I are alone here... or is it just me?

Anyhow I'll talk to you guys tomorrow, I'll be around all day. Glad to see Genny made it... hope the others swing by tomorrow!

Wow... 115 posts the first day... we DO talk alot!!

Night everybody!...

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hi Tony! :) I'm still here... :D

See you tomorrow! I also hope some more of the people will show up... :)

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I didn't realize that Morgaine was Germanic :p, thanks.

Lots of Euros in here?

Most people at the JC call me Kess, Spicy, KR, Kessel, Spiceman, or anything generally related to the Spice Mines. :)

If you want to use my real name (no one here does though), it's Ric.

19. LordSphinx

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey Laura, looks like we are the only night owls here.

Hey Ric Nice to meet you.

Laura and I are from the East Coast of the US.
    She's in North Carolina, I'm close to NYC.

20. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Coolness. My fiance was raised in upstate NY, just outside of Syracuse. Her grandpa still lives in Merrick.

And one of my teacher friends from the JC, anakin_girl, lives in Charlotte NC, teaching French and Spanish.

21. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I'll call you Ric, if that's okay... :)

Morgaine/Julia is from Germany
    Ginger_Jedi/Colette is from England
    Chocos_Ramabotti/Valerie is from Switzerland...

And I'm not awake enough to think any harder than that... :p

Yup, I'm about 30 miles southeast of Raleigh, NC... :)

22. LordSphinx

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey thats cool, Ric. My dad graduated from Syracuse.

Laura...

I can't think of any others either. I'm starting to fade...lol.

23. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Cool. My fiance's parents just moved from Southern CA, to Blacksburg VA. Her mom is originally from there. Her dad went to VA Tech.

This is gonna be weird. Seriously, in my three years here, no one has used my real name on the boards, only by IM.... you guys are freaks! :eek:

24. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Hmmmm... I suppose that would be correct... freaks... but of course in a good way... :p

We all use our real names in here, so I just thought that would be easiest... if it bothers you I'll call you something else... :)

25. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    *twitches nervously*

No, it doesn't bother me at all, no, definitely not, uh uh, I'm fine with it...really I am.

;)

BTW, a word of caution. Don't use your real names out in the rest of the JC unless you really know the people fairly well. We try and maintain a level of civility, but you will find freaks who will try and use that information against you.

Just curious now, but what is the average age of this little group here? For the record I'm 28.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.