main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    You guys should check out this little video if you haven't already. It's a must for all Star Wars fans. LOL!

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=af11f4e0-9f62-4366-a3e6-dc9b6fba5b5e

2. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Great video

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That was doggone funny.... :cool:

4. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Typical Star Wars fan sense of humor. =) That's just one of the things that I've always felt has made us better then them! ;-)

5. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    OMG That was great! LOL I love films like that!

6. wilv79

wilv79 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2009
    Eh, I like them both equally. I grew up with both and they are both so different that it's a matter of which I'm in the mood for. One is SCIENCE-fiction and the other is science-FICTION. Star Wars is a fantasy where the fiction greatly overpowers the science, it takes place in the distant past in a distant world. It's like dungeons and dragons and Lord of the rings in space. Star Trek is the "possible" human future it's what WE might be able to achieve if we put aside our own differences and work together, good and evil aren't black or white and the science part of the fiction is more grounded.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Best wishes for a Happy (and safe) Fourth of July!

It's hotter n' a firecracker out here...that's the Summer in Sun City for you....

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm off to Comic-Con today, so y'all be good until I get back :cool:.

I'm working with OfficialPix (with Mark Hamill -- I'm getting a picture this time <g>) and Lucasfilm again, and will miss the Star Wars Extravaganza -- you guys will probably find out where Celebration V is going to be before I do, if you follow the G4 show! LOL But the news will spread fast, I know.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Give Mark a kiss for me!!=P~:*

10. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
  11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Worked this morning for OfficialPix: first impressions: Ashley Eckstein and Catherine Tabor are amongst the nicest, nicest people one could ever hope to meet.

And Tom Kane is not bad, either -- but I've met him before, so he doesn't count :).

I'm hoping that Steve and/or Mary may give us something to chew on at tomorrow's Fan Club breakfast -- but they are really being close-mouthed. Like I said, you guys will probably find out before I do, since I'm working during the "Big Reveal" LOL.

12. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    OMG...Helen...I am sooo excite for you!

Wowsa, what am I going to do. I am leaving for a D.C trip tomorrow and I will not be around for the big announcement. Grrrr...I am nervous as all heck!

Guess I will have to bring a laptop!

Huggles!

13. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Rumor has it that it is indeed Chicago. Wouldn't be a surprise considering the SW lineup at WizardWorld this year...

14. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I would not be surprised if they pick Chicago. I already planning on not going that way I won't be disappointed and I won't waste my precious time losing sleep over a star wars convention. I am bias since I live aa hour south of Indy and the economy will not recover in time to save money for a Celebration V.

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Are you kidding me?????

The economy is going to get a huge kick in the tushy for that week! :p

Saving savin savin.....

16. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    If it is Chicago it will work out brilliant for me as i aqm going to visit the land of my hero in history ie Abraham Lincoln and i am going to spend a couple of days post C5 in Washington DC and Chicago O Hare airport is one of my favourite airports,and flights from the UK are quite reasonable,BTW i will be in the market for a roomate as well,any offers please pm me.

17. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Small world, Me too.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    My husband just told me Hasbro announced that it is having a contest and one of the prizes is a trip to C5 next year but no location was given.

19. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    WOW! I live an hour north of Indy!

20. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Really, I live 13 hours east of Indy.

21. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    There is a large group of fans that are two hours south of Indy (in Louisville). Hello again Echo-3!

If C5 is in Chicago, the Louisville Galactic Alliance is going as a group. Also, I was just in Chicago in May. I know the layout of the area and have some info on a few hotels up there.

Still hoping Indy gets it though ;)

22. DARTH-XAVIER

DARTH-XAVIER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    Come on, Chicago!

23. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I think it is pretty clear that Chicago will host C5. Why not announce it at SDCC? Well, if you are going to be in Chicago in 2 weeks for another convention, why not announce it in the host city (as I'm sure Sansweet will be doing at Wizardworld :D ).

24. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    Nothing is 100% guaranteed it is official. Unless Steve Sansweet told someone and they are keeping the information to themselves. I doubt I will go it is Chicago. 5 hour drive is too far with the economy like it is. The interstates around chicago on the Indiana side are terrible. I am a terrible driver with congested traffic going 80mph plus. Makes me nervous and I sweat to death. I would not go to Chicago by myself. Mapquest says it takes 5 hours. I hope Indy gets it. They deserve another chance to host it now that Gencon it not in charge. If gencon was not charge for CII or CIII then more fans would of looked more favorably on the Indiana Convention Center after having the conventions. I talked to several people who went to CII and/or CIII where I lived and they have no problems with it. Go Indy!

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I think the one problem with Indy is that all the expansion and remodeling won't be finished by next year. But go Indy for C6 in 2013! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.