main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    if you haven't heard, the official news from Comic-Con in San Diego:
    There will be a Celebration V in 2010, but the exact location and dates are not known yet.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Didn't they specifically say summer 2010, or did I hear that wrong?

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002

Yeah, Sansweet did say "summer 2010" but I suspect we shouldn't take that literally as in post-June 21. I'm thinking Memorial Day is still likely as it is very late next year (May 31).

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was hoping for more than that, as we all were. Looks like they are gonna draw it out as much as they can.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Steve told us specifically that it won't be on Memorial Day weekend, and that it won't conflict with any other major convention.

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I think the banner should have a phrase. I spy CV location. :p

Sorry I could not help.

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't suppose they could combine a CV with any other major conventions? That would be a bit radical, but it would take care of some of their logistical problems..........and create new, more interesting ones.:p

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Nothing to attach it to, really, Arden. And we do like our little emphasis on SW, to be sure.

On a side note -- had my visit to Rancho Obi-Wan on Friday. Just overwhelming, folks. Sorry, no pictures -- too busy chatting to take pictures! Anyway, you can see photos of Steve's main collection room all over the web. It's just breath-taking to see. And then there are the storerooms filled with items that haven't been put into a collection room yet. Like I told Anne, it would take a hundred years to get this all sorted out. I could die happy LOL. I wished I lived closer -- get the invite to come help out with cataloging some stuff! Alas, it's not a weekend trip for me, darn it. Anyway, it was super, super fun. So glad I'm a SW fan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.