main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    OK, did everyone survive Monday?[face_whistling]

Question: What SW related event are you looking forward to most? Mine starts with a "C" and ends with a "FIVE".:D

2. Puppy-Whisperer

Puppy-Whisperer Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    I had to leave work twice today due to my neighbor calling to tell me my dogs got out. The good news is that they got out behind the house, ran around two houses to get to the front of the house and were laying by the front gate when I got home. How doopey is that?? Found where they were getting out, fixed it and all dogs are present and accounted for. Thank goodness for nosey neighbors!!!

As Mondays go, this one didn't turn out bad at all!

I highly recommend the SW Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. Went to it several times and loved it. The Falcon "ride" was the best!

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm looking forward to that, but also to the Clone Wars series.

Glad your dogs are OK, P-W!

4. darthhighlander

darthhighlander Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2008
    Puppy - my dogs used to do that too, though they would wander the neighborhood and then sit on our front porch until I got home. Gotta love dogs.

Where will CV be? I'm hoping for Indy again!

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, if you're asking about what 2008 event, mine would have to be TCW. But the beauty of it all is the excitement build-up that will occur before TCW hits theaters. You have the new Indy SE DVD boxed set and Indy 4 in May, the release of TCW and TLC product lines in July, and then the "film" in August, followed of course by the release of TFU (providing it is not delayed once again).

2008 is a GREAT year to be a SW fan.

But if you're asking about what event in the next year or so, then C5 is right at the top of that list.

- Justin

6. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    The last rumor I heard was that the next couple of Celebrations were to be held in LA again. No idea how much truth there is to that, but it would work for me!

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I've always understood that L.A. was the place for C-V and C-VI. The problem with Indy is they are in the midst of their big expansion, and that poses problems for attendees. For instance, the dome is being torn down shortly, and that involves a lot of construction, noise, blocked streets, etcetera. I would love to go back to Indy, and would be happy to do so after everything is finished. Plus Marriott is also building another flagship hotel downtown, which makes it even more convenient.

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I got no qualms at all flying back to LA for C5 (and any other future Celebrations).

After C3 in '05, I basically added "SW Celebrations" as a monthly bill that I have to "pay". That way I know the funds will be there for whenever and wherever the next Celebration is held.

- Justin

9. R2trashcan

R2trashcan Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    Howdy all!
    Just joining the social thread here. I'm thinking about going to Celebration Japan. I really want to go, and I have a place to stay there, but it will still be a lot of $$.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I think it would be great if you went, you could report on it for us. Just start saving up money! :)

11. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    Val, I'm always in awe of how well informed you are. Not rumor wise, but real information. Thanks for always sharing with us!

I'd love to hear about Celebration Japan!

12. JustBith

JustBith Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    I'd love to go to C-Japan too! I took a little Japanese in college...

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I wonder what the Gentle Giant/Sideshow/Hasbro/SWShop.com exclusives will be for CJ (if there even are any).

- Justin

14. darthhighlander

Mar 3, 2008
    Celebration Japan would be so awesome. Roadtrip!

15. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WOW...Away for a few days and a new thread...geesh...I am Bantha Fodder...lol.

Ok...Got a question of my own here:

If and we all know there will be a C5 happens, what action figure would you love to see as the exclusive?

I would love to see a female action figure. But, lets face it there are not as many female characters as opposed to male figures. Now, which one....that is the hard part. But, being biased, I would love to see a Padme figure...lol

16. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    You pay for the gas and I'll pay for the food!

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Hi Connie!

Hmmmm, exclusive figure. I'd like a female character, too, but that ain't gonna happen.

Since we're going to be close to ESB anniversary time (well, kinda :)), maybe Lando Calrissian? I think that'd be neat.

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, if C5 is pushed back to 2010 to coincide with the 30th anniversary of ESB, what better character to have an exclusive figure of than Yoda?

When I think of ESB, Yoda and Frank Oz are the first things that comes to mind. It would be a great way to honor the revered Jedi Master himself.

- Justin

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yoda is good, too. OK, we need both Yoda and Lando as exclusives LOL.

20. darthhighlander

Mar 3, 2008
    Hasn't there been a Yoda exclusive already? Maybe it should be something random like Lobot or an Ugnaught? (forgive any misspellings)

Puppy, as soon as I get my hoover car working we're set.

21. LookAnotherPadme

LookAnotherPadme Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008
    Hello, it's LookAnotherPadme checking into the social thread.

I really really hope that C5 is here again! And I'd go to Japan, but I don't even get in free to DL there, so forget it!

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    We like Padmes around here :).

I think we'd all like to go to Celebration Japan, it would be kinda neat.

23. Skeeziks

Skeeziks Jedi Youngling

Feb 29, 2008
    Goodie, let's all hoover-pool to R2trashcan's free place to stay for Celebrate Japan! We will, of course, buy his admission ticket in. ;) Seriously, how FUN would that be?!

24. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Anyone happen to catch the new Star Wars snippets on Robot Chicken? Hilarious!!!

25. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    Before reading this, please know that I'm hanging my head in shame for not knowing this information.

I've seen a couple of RobotChicken things on youtube, but that's it. Would somebody please inform me where and when this is actually on? Of course I'll expect (and deserve) severe ridicule with the explanation, but I can handle it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.