main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Social Thread -- never mind Announcements, let's just chat!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthhighlander

darthhighlander Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2008
    I totally know where you are coming from, Puppy. I have all of the Star Wars ones and only the Star Trek ships because the rest was just getting out of hand. I also have a bunch of the HP ones. I have enough Hallmark ornaments to cover three trees. It is a sickness. My original Hallmark store closed and they were always so cool to me because they knew me and my order. My newer Hallmark store finally knows who I am. It's kind of cool. I have to save up for the July premiere.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Speaking of Comic-Con, which I kinda was, earlier -- should be a good year for news, Clone Wars and everything else, including some follow-up news on that other movie, can't think of the name of it right now :). Last year was quiet, so I'm hoping for bigger and better things from Steve and the gang. And Karen Allen and Julian Glover will be signing in the OP booth. That'll be fun. But Anne and her assorted cronies are going to be awfully tired from their trip to Celebration Japan just before -- yikes!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    On another Comic-Con note, Dan Curto's latest Micro-Cast for Toy Fair 2008 stated that they are pushing NYCC to get it to the level of SDCC in terms of attendees and volume.

Which is excellent news for fellow East Coasters like myself who cannot make the yearly trip to SDCC.

- Justin

4. Puppy-Whisperer

Puppy-Whisperer Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2008
    The local Hallmark store changed hands. My mom and I knew the old owners and they always let Mom know about any SW things (gifts for moi). Thankfully, one of the longtime employees is still there and she's been kind enough to take over passing the SW info on to us. Same drug, just a different supplier.

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Justin, you won't say that when you're trying to run interference for tiny little Carrie Fisher through the vendor's hall with 50,000 people in your way, and you look away for a second and she's disappeared LOL.

But yeah, I'd like to see some of the pressure taken off C-C. Just too many doggone people.

6. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    I agree with Val. The SDCC is a huge mass of humanity! It can be quite overwhelming! Still love it, but the crowds are daunting!

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Helen -- by "attendees and volume" I meant in terms of vendors/distributors, special guests , and events.... not actual fan attendance.

Heck, I hate dealing with crowds just as much as the next guy. ;)

- Justin

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    But if you build it, they will come! :)

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. ;)

9. darthhighlander

Mar 3, 2008
    We weren't going to be going to Comic-Con but now we may. Will they preview the new Clone Wars there?

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    The plan is for Steve Sansweet to show something, not sure what just yet.

11. R2trashcan

R2trashcan Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2008
    I got a room for Comic-Con, I'm not 100% sure I'll go though. I'm sure I'll get excited about it as it gets closer. I've been going to Comic-Con ever since Episode I, back in 1999. I like going but it's getting so big and crowded, it's kind of overwhelming. I'd better register soon anyway, just in case.

12. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, since they sold out of the four day registrations last year, and cut off single day registrations, it's the better idea to sign up ahead of time.

I got to thinking how long I've been going, too. At least on a regular basis. It was 1999 for me, too! It has always been crowded, but the last couple of years were just crazy.

Other than the snippets of info we'll get about the latest SW news (and let's hope they're more than snippets) I can't think of anything "blockbuster" that could be showcased by the studios this year. Except maybe Ironman -- when is that coming out?

13. darthhighlander

Mar 3, 2008
    I think Ironman comes out in May. I can't think of any that they can show at Comic-Con that won't already be out by then.

14. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Lufta is back! :D *trying to break into the conversation*

Happy Belated [face_good_luck] Day!

[shameless brag] I am going to Star Wars Weekends this June![/shameless brag] 8-}

Yes, yes...love the Clone Wars poster!

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Break in all you want, Lufta -- it's nice to "see" you again!

And lucky you, going to SW Weekends. I gotta do that, one of these days.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Hey Lufta. Welcome back!

Thought I'd share a picture of a St. Patty's Day cake my wife and I made:

[image=http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/jlasalata/Misc%20SW%20Pics/IMG_0173.jpg]

- Justin

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's a great looking cake :).

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks Helen. We were originally going to go with a Jodo Kast image for the cake, but he doesn't have enough green in his armor & helmet to make him a good candidate for a St. Patty's Day cake.

So we just went with two different shades of green and made up our own Fett color scheme. :cool:

- Justin

19. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Welcome back Lufta...long time no see....glad to see ya!!!

Justin...I absolutley love that cake. Nothing like a Star Wars cake.

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks alot Connie.

Oh BTW, I called my local Hallmark store last week to inquire about the 2008 SW and Indy ornaments.

They are scheduled to arrive in stores sometime in July. So keep those eyes peeled for them come summer!

- Justin

21. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    Doesn't the new 'Mummy" movie come out in August? If so, maybe they'll do something with that. Wouldn't break my heart to see Brendan Fraiser!!

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, on August 1, I believe.

Others... one that might be talked up a bit, seeing as how it opens on Friday, July 25: X-Files 2. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a big push for Pineapple Express. And God save us all, there's a new Vin Diesel movie coming out in August. Say it ain't so LOL. Now -- the panel that would be the be panel to end all panels -- Brad Pitt talking about the upcoming The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, set for November.

Be that as it all may, the big splash is going to be that Clone something or other flick that comes out in August :).

23. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah, I heard about that. Wonder what its gonna be about... [face_whistling]

- Justin

24. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Any news on the Star Wars movies being released on Blu-Ray? I thought that since HD DVD is finally dead and buried, it wouldn't take Lucas long to put out another set of DVD's. As much as I hate to own yet another set of the same film, I'd have a hard time turning down BR as it is da bomb!!!!!!!

25. Puppy-Whisperer

Mar 2, 2008
    I just finally connected that TCW will be out after CCI. DUH!!! :oops: For some reason, I kept thinking the movie came out first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.