main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Social The Socks Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Sockie, Oct 7, 2001.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd The Mandalorian / Manager of WNU/CT/Saga star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Your Sock has been deemed to be the most scariest of them all. :p

Blue_Aether and Ebola Virus like this.
  2. Ebola Virus

Ebola Virus Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 16, 2014
    Zombie Obi and Darth Spookious like this.
  3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd The Mandalorian / Manager of WNU/CT/Saga star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Great. But I dont believe it appropriate to Like a post that says I am infected with Ebola.

Zombie Obi likes this.
  4. Deadgobahsystem

Deadgobahsystem Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2017
  5. Darth Spookious

Darth Spookious Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2014
  6. MysteriousShroudedFigure

MysteriousShroudedFigure Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2016
  7. Zombie Obi

Zombie Obi Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2013
  8. MysteriousShroudedFigure

MysteriousShroudedFigure Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2016
  9. Deadgobahsystem

Deadgobahsystem Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2017
    And a good Hallow's Eve it was.

Ava G. and Darth Spookious like this.
  10. Darth Spookious

Darth Spookious Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2014
    *folds sock and puts it back in the drawer until next October 31*

Ava G. likes this.
  11. Tommy Wiseau

Tommy Wiseau Jedi Padawan

Jan 5, 2020
    I did not hit her, it’s not true, it’s bull****, I did not hit her, I did not.

Oh hi forums.

12. Valheru_84

Valheru_84 Jedi Padawan

Jan 24, 2018
    So I've come from another forum where socks are strictly not allowed and is a ban-able offence for your main account and any socks you create. I understand they are allowed here but I don't understand why you'd even want or need one in the first place? If you decide you'd like a different username would you not just contact admin?

I understand some people might use them for a bit of fun, but it still comes from a place of hiding your identity which just seems odd to me as generally this is from a place of dishonesty or other reasons for wanting to present as someone different than your normal name. Please understand I'm not calling everyone with socks dishonest, I just don't understand the premise or real need of allowing sock accounts.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    The only time we don't allow socks is if your main account is banned and you create one to get around the ban. That adds time to your ban length. We've had some users who have gone a bit overboard in the past with the number of socks created but we take them case by case.

14. Valheru_84

Valheru_84 Jedi Padawan

Jan 24, 2018
    Thanks Laj_Fett, I understood this as well from reading the rules here. I just don't understand the need or purpose for socks is all.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Different purposes. Here are a few examples - in Fan Fiction they run various challenges and socks are used if more than one user is running the challenge so the ID being used to run it can be shared without a user's main ID being compromised. Another example is that some of the mods have 'scary' socks for Halloween that they use for posting around that time of year. And in the past we have run games where losers get 24 or 48 hour bans. Since these are game bans and not 'bad' bans some people either play the game with a sock to take the bans or they use a sock if their main ID gets banned.

Findswoman and Valheru_84 like this.
  16. Valheru_84

Valheru_84 Jedi Padawan

Jan 24, 2018
    Thanks Laj_Fett, makes totals sense in those circumstances :)

Adalia-Durron and LAJ_FETT like this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 6

Oct 28, 2014
    My contribution to this thread.

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron likes this.