main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Spooky Story Challenge - Winners are announced, but check out our snazzy extra prompts!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mira_Jade , Oct 8, 2013.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    To those valiant souls who have clicked upon this thread, I salute you!

Outside, the weather is turning colder; the nights are turning longer. The leaves are falling, and that which is monstrous and frightful walks through our world once more. To celebrate this time of dread and drear, we welcome you to this ghostly corner of the forum to participate in the . . .

. . . Spooky Story Challenge.

If you are brave enough to participate, you must do as follows: First, select a number from the list below. From the number you choose, I shall send to you three elements of a story you must bring to life. For example, these three elements may be: Cemetery, Cowl, Full Moon, or: Ghoul, Forest, Foreboding. From these three elements, it shall be up to you to craft a tale of woe and dread to share with your fellow authors.

The story can be any length you so desire, but if it is a chaptered story, only the first chapter will be used in the voting. Also, this is a NSWFF challenge, so, compose your story in any fandom outside of the Star Wars world.

You shall have exactly one month to pen your story. Once your tale is complete, include both the title 'Spooky Story Challenge' in your header, and post a link here. Then, on the eighth of November, we shall put your stories to a vote of your peers, and award colours to the top three ranked stories. A week for first place, three days for second place, and a day for third place.

So, step forth, you brave souls, and enter our world . . .

. . . that is, if you dare.

Mwahahahah . . . [face_devil]

The Sign-up Sheet

01. PonyTricks - "Trick or Treat or Time to Take Over the World" (Pinky and the Brain)
    02. Mira_Jade - "breath held, eyes closed" (The Silmarillion)
    03. PonyTricks - "It's Alive!" (Star Trek: Next Generation)
    07. Lilith Demodae
    09. earlybird-obi-wan - "Mush with Medical Mayhem" (Star Trek)
    10. TrakNar
    13. PonyTricks - "The Devil Comes Back to Dallas" (Dallas)
    17. NYCitygurl
    20. TrakNar
    26. Mira_Jade - "fingers laced to crown" (The Avengers)
    27. Master_Jaina1011
    30. Idrelle_Miocovani

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I shall pick a number! Number ..... 13!!!!!! Mauahhahahahaha

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Hmm number 9

4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Already we have two willing victims -

- erm, contestants. [face_mischief]

Your prompts are sent! [face_devil]

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Perhaps this will jog my muse...

I'll take... *pulls out a d20*

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Woohooo! We have another. Your prompt is sent. :)

Would someone be so kind as to choose a number for me, as well? I'm obviously not eligible for the colours, but I would love to write. [face_batting]

7. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Okay. I will pick Mira_Jade to have number *drum roll.....* 26.

I do have a question. Does this story have to be set in some fandom, like Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. or can it be a totally original story?

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That is a good question! I'm sorry I wasn't clearer up above. :oops:That's edited now.

This is a NSWFF challenge, so the stories would have to be set in any fandom other than Star Wars. It does have to be fanfiction, however, since Original Fiction is not allowed on the boards due to legal reasons. :)

And thanks for the number. :D

9. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Okay, I need some sort of prod because all my in-process stories are stalled at the moment. Give me 7, please.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Whew, you work fast! It's added to the index above. :D

12. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Okay! My story is all done! Here is the link (but I don't know how to make it 'fancy'.)

Mira - try as I might, computer challenged PT can't make this link fancy! (I am old and I don't own a cell phone, either, so this inability to make computer thingies work is not a surprise....)

Title - The Devil Comes Back to Dallas. (Dallas)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...pooky-story-challenge.50015704/#post-51064583

NYCitygurl likes this.
  13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Why thank-you! It has been added above. :D

(If you ever want to make a link fancy, just highlight the text you want the link to be, and hit the button that looks like a chain link. It will give you a dialogue box, and you paste the URL right there. Easy as pie. :D. Or you can us the coding and then if you want to do it yourself. :))

14. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Are we allowed to take a second number? [face_dancing] (I don't want to be greedy, but there are a LOT of number still left, and the first one was so much fun!)

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    But of course, as long as there are numbers left, I will give them out! Though only the first story will be up for voting. :)

Which number do you want? :D

16. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, boy.... *jumps up and down in excitement* I want, hmmm.. Number One! (I don't care about the voting, anyway. I just need to give my muse a good kick in the backside)

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    It is yours! Enjoy. :D

Now . . . do we have any other takers? The challenge doesn't bite . . . mostly. [face_mischief]

18. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
  19. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    Let's remember, folks, that you must format your subject headings correctly. Any time someone posts a thread with a bad subject line, a puppy is eaten by a grue. And if a subject doesn't mention the fandom at all, the grue eats a baby.

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Thanks Drabbu! I was just about to mention that. :D

21. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Neither PonyTricks nor Pinky know what a 'grue' is, but it sounds bad, so I have put the fandoms in my titles, just to be on the safe side.

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm going to have a not-in-competition go at this to give my muse a swift kick in the pants :) Anyone want to pick a number for me?

23. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003

How about #17, NYCitygurl? :D

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Number 17 it is! Mwa ha ha . . . [face_devil]

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005

... I'm not promising anything, I just need a distraction from marking papers. :p