main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Squared Circle (Pro Wrestling)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by USTommie, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Shawn's record is 6 wins 9 losses.

Won WrestleMania VII with Marty against Haku and Barbarian
    Won WrestleMania VIII against Tito Santana
    Won WrestleMania XII against Bret Hart
    Won WrestleMania 19 against Jericho
    Won WrestleMania 22 against Vince
    Won WrestleMania 24 against Flair

Lost WrestleMania V with Marty against The Twin Towers
    Lost WrestleMania VI with Marty against The Orient Express
    Lost WrestleMania IX against Tatanka
    Lost WrestleMania X against Razor Ramon (Where Mr. WrestleMania was born)
    Lost WrestleManai XI against Diesel
    Lost WrestleMania XIV against Austin
    Lost WrestleMania XX against Benoit and Triple H
    Lost WrestleMania 21 against Angle
    Lost WrestleMania 23 against Cena

Pretty much all those matches after from 10 onwards, Shawn stole the show, whether he won or lost, it didn't matter.

2. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    I agree. :D

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Bolded one of the best matches ever.

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I feel deprived. :( I've only seen the matches from Wrestlemania XX on. :( Although my friend owns some HBK DVDs.... I would ask to borrow them from her but she's pretty attached to them. ;)

And I'm surprised a few Bret Hart fans haven't shown up to argue against the amazingness that is HBK...

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    They know they'll lose.

I was originally going to bold that match and say it was the best one, but I can't help and be honest about the ladder match of awesomeness.

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Try YouTube. :)

One of my highschool friends was a diehard Bret Hart fan, and never ever got over the fact that he lost to Shawn in the Iron match match. We were in Chicago at the airport, and he was moaning about Michaels in front of the other passengers. I just called him out on it, which brought a few smiles to passengers who were listening. They later said that they Micahels' fans too. LOL!

7. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    That match set the standard for years to come. When they look back and talk about the matches that changed Pro Wrestling, that one will always be part of the discussion. :)

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] He was pwned. :p

Just out of curiosity, how many Wrestlemania's have you gone to? I know you said 23 & 24...

9. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    I've been to 7, 12, 19.

I will be going to 25 in Texas next year. :D

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    :eek: Holy crap!!! So you've been to five already and you're going AGAIN next year! Jeez! You must be made of money! :p

I am sooo jealous of you! I've only been to lame stuff. :p Like No Way Out, two Raws, a Raw House show, and Armageddon. That's it... I feel... lame. :( :p But let me tell you, if I were made of money, you could bet where'd I spend my time. ;) I'd be traveling around the country watching WWE events from the front row. :p

11. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    LOL!!!!

The first few I was too young to be out doing that kind of stuff by myself. Well thats what my parents say anyway! :p

I actually travel more than the average person. Made of money? No quite. ;)
    I'm working in Europe at the moment, so I had to fly into Florida to watch the wrestling. I'm also a big tennis fan, so I follow that as well.

Its all good fun!!! :D

12. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Ive been to WM 14. It was alright nothing big.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You got to see Austin's last match live!:_|

Actually since the possiblity exists for Austin to be inducted into the HOF next year with them being in Texas (and the possiblity of 'Taker's last match next year), I'm considering starting to save up so I can go to WM25 next year.

14. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I hadn't heard anything about Austin being inducted next year, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And I've heard that 'Taker wants to retire next year, but I've also heard that HBK does too... And they definitely wouldn't both retire and I can't see either of them retiring at anything other than Wrestlemania.

That begs the question, who's going to retire next year? I don't want to see either of them go, but I guess when you've had enough, you've had enough. :( I'll be like a million times more upset if they both retire next year though. I don't think I'd be able to take that blow. :(

15. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    What? :p

Austin's last match at Mania next year? Where did you hear that? (unless you're talking about Mania 19 against the Rock) :eek:

Undertaker too? No way!!!!!! :eek: He's on top of his game to be retiring just yet, surely.

Yes, go to WrestleMania. There is nothing on this world quite like it! :D

16. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Heartbreak Kid retiring as well?!!! No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :_|

No, I'm not going to listen to this. lalalalalalalalala (pretends he has not read anything)

Man, watching RiC Flair retire was bad enough...

17. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    This is too funny - I had no idea there were so many fellow HBK fans on here! I have his entrance music as my ring tone, and I even danced to it (tongue-in-cheek, but still) at my wedding last year. I did the crouching pose and everything! My fellow old school wrestling fans loved it, everyone else just chalked it up to me being drunk.

If HBK and 'Taker both retire in the next year, the WWE will have to force-feed another guy or two down fans' throats. Interesting to see how everyone hates how Cena's being forced, it's almost like Vince has no interest in learning from a non-mistake (changing The Rock's personality when he was booed mercilessly as Rocky Maivia). If he'd let the talented guys get top billing, he would be able to slowly bring along the new guys.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

19 was what I was referring to in terms of Austin. Though I would love for him to have him actually go out with a win rather than a loss.

Yes way on 'Taker. I know there's some speculation that he wants his last match at WM(and have his last match be the one that ends The Streak) and as soon as I heard they were in Texas next year two things immediately went through my mind: A) He's not losing against Edge at 24 and B) 25 maybe where he goes out.

As for HBK, I haven't heard anything about him wanting a retirement match at WM, but for the most part he is on a reduced schedule and I would not be surprised if he hangs the boots up again for good before much longer. The fact that he was able to return four years after his back injury is a miracle in and of itself.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Last night's RAW Clinton/Obama 'match' was the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time.

Couldn't Umaga had been put to better use say in the KOTR tournament? [face_plain]

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    No. Just no. I agree that the Clinton/Obama thing was completely moronic, but I really don't think Umaga should have been in the KOTR tournament. Umaga is a piece of junk. He is a watse of space. He really needs to get off Raw because he just isn't good.

I hate him. I've always hated him. His gimmick is completely absurd and ridiculous. He can't wrestle, nor should he try to.

But all in all, I think the KOTR tournament was a waste of time.

Jericho? Yes.
    CM Punk? Eh, sure.
    Finlay? Yeah.
    Matt Hardy? Yeah!
    MVP? Eh, I guess.
    Khali? No. Just no.
    Hornswoggle? Are you kidding me????
    Regal? He's the general manager... there's no point in him being in the match!!

And then having Regal win? WTH??? Just stupid. The KOTR was just a waste of time. They really could have done something with it, but they screwed up. Big time. [face_plain]

Where was Kennedy? Shawn Michaels? Batista? Heck, even a couple lower name guys that could have surprised us with a couple wins. Like Shelton Benjamin or John Morrison.

EDIT: Oh, and it looks like Jeff is gonna be back on May 12th if all goes according to plan. :) (I'm glad to see him coming back because I love him, but I really hope that he isn't stupid enough to keep up with the drugs. He could really ruin his career with them. :( )

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I wanted Punk to win.

Way to bury your MitB winner WWE.

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I think that if they weren't going to have Punk win then he shouldn't have been in the tournament at all. It just makes his Money in the Bank win look like a fluke. Honestly, losing to Regal? No wrestler who has won the MitB match should ever lose to him.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I won't say EVER since I'm a fan of Regal's in - ring skills. But seriously Punk is the MitB winner. He should have by all rights won. And given the tough matches he was in all evening long, it would have been a triumphant evening. Maybe almost overshadowing the Clinton/Obama nonsense.

24. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Call me stupid, but when I heard "If you Smell," from the titantron, I whole-heartedly expected the People's Champion to come out, but instead some long-eared jabroni comes out. Meh.

If the Rock's not comin back, at least he should audition for those blockbuster films everyone watches with big names. Not these steaming hunks of crap he's coming out with. Seriously. WITCH MOUNTAIN?! ARE YOU **** SERIOUS!? (don't know what I'm saying, look at his IMDB profile. He's doing it, and I'm pissed.)

If you haven't figured out, The Rock is my fave 'rassler.

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Hate to tell you, but The Rock ain't coming back. Unless it's for like five minutes where he promotes his new movie. The Rock is a movie star now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.