main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Squared Circle (Pro Wrestling)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by USTommie, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Hey there, Wrestling fans. Do you like to discuss hypothetical wrestling matchups? Do you just like to rant and rave about your favorite wrestler, and argue them over anyone?

Census and Games would like to invite you to its newest draft in the mini-draft circuit, the Wrestling Draft, where you can do all that and more.

There's a week of colors in it for the winner, and no gamebans! So come on over and take a shot at the title!

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    End of RAW: Unbelievable and not in a good way.

So killing himself wasn't good for Vince, he has to 'kill' his top stars now?

Good grief.

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    But yet the match is still going to be on. Zombie Cena maybe? [face_thinking] :p

EDIT: Actually, on wwe.com it says that Cena was only "grazed" and managed to get away.

4. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Like this is new. Remember HHH dropped off a crane? Kane exploded in a dumpster? Giant thrown off a building?

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If any of you are interested, they just started a wrestling draft in Census and Games.

I'd play, but I haven't watched wrestling since the death of WCW. But I encourage you all to play. Drafts are my favorite thing to play on these boards.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Kane and 'Taker's comebacks can always be explained away with their supernatural roots. Still stretches crediblity, but at least the foundations of their characters allow for them to come back in one piece.

At least Triple H was off camera for a good few weeks before he came back. Would have been fun to see him feigning some lingering effects for a little bit, but still at least WWE was smart back then to keep him off the air for at least some time to 'heal.' Cena will more than likely be wrestling Sunday as if nothing ever happened.

And no I never saw Giant thrown off the building. I tended not to watch WCW as much as WWE.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Triple H was on TV one week later.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    IIRC, the Giant falling off the building was part of that horrible Monster Truck Match, yes?

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    I think so, Hogan did it IIRC.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That's how I remember it ... and I think it lead to the debut of the Yeti.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It was actually two weeks later because the day after the fork lift incident Steph came out to try and broker piece with Austin and he pretty much humilated her, then she did a taped promo the next week about how she and Triple H would destroy Austin, then I believe he returned the week after.

12. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
  13. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    So the HHH one was 8 days later and the Cena one will have been six days later. Not that big of a difference.

14. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The problem with so these storylines is that most of them are repetitive. We've seen JBL and Cena several times, and with the Bash building up to be their "Final Showdown" they want to story to hit a peak, a new level. We've seen this kind of stuff so many times...do guys also remember when Rock threw Austin over a bridge?

Personally I'm just waiting to see what they got planned for SummerSlam since I'll get to see it in person. :D

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

That reminds me, I need to get back to my fic where Rock serves time for killing Steve as a result of throwing Steve over the bridge.

SummerSlam will certainly be interesting. Wonder if 'Taker will be back by then?

16. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Cool! Wrsetling fic! :D

I'm just hoping that after the Bash, Michaels will wrestle at SummerSlam. [face_praying]

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Michaels WILL be wrestling at SummerSlam. He isn't allowed to miss it!! I don't care what happened at the Bash, he's going to be there!

And hopefully tonight Raw will get a General Manager. No clue who it would be but I'm hoping for Bischoff. :p

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A_H: I'll PM you a link when I've got something more substantial than what I have now completed. Or with any luck it'll end up on the non - Star Wars FanFic board :D

In your dreams. It'll be Regal next week.

19. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    [Luke]NOOOOOOO!![/Luke]

20. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Undertaker V Edge - Hell In A Cell.

Yes, SummerSlam will be worth the trip! :D

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    EEK! EEK! *runs from spoilers*

22. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    Is Taker what Kane is going on about? Because I'm totally confused by the whole Kane storyline right now. 'Is he alive or is he dead?' It's just weird and I have no idea who he could be talking about.

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Considering 'Taker was very much of the living when Edge and Vickie 'banished' him, I doubt very seriously the Deadman is who Kane's talking about.

24. Goddess-Jaina-Redick

Goddess-Jaina-Redick Jedi Knight star 4

May 5, 2005
    That's why I'm completely confused. Anyone else in Kane's past that is "dead"?

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Paul Bearer? Though that would be stupid, and is thus likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.