main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The ST: What Would You Change/Revise?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EzraSnoke, Dec 27, 2017.

1. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    I don't have the patience to read this entire thread (seriously, this "one specific thread for every specific topic" format of the board is crap), but isn't the ST basically a complete and total flaming dumpster fire? As near as I can tell, here's what it is:

TFA: Almost beat-for-beat rehash of ANH with a handful of mystery boxes for the following installment.
    TLJ: Bloated follow-up with answers to the mystery boxes from the previous installment that almost everyone hates.
    ROS: Looks to be a buffet of fan-service to make up for the fact that everyone hated TLJ.

How could they screw this up this bad?

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The "one specific thread for every specific topic" format is to avoid getting the forum cluttered by a hundred similar threads.
    As for the rest of your post, please try to tone down the hostility. We don't allow bashing here, as it simply isn't good for discussion and this is a discussion forum. Criticize the films as much as you want, but keep it on topic (your post isn't), and keep it civil. Thanks.

3. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    1. Have the story center around the two kids of Han and Leia ( Kira and Skyler)
    2. Have Luke come out of his self imposed exile in 7, train Kira and Leia.
    3. Have Luke discover the Whills
    4. Have the Snoke type character be a villain who “woke up” after the death of Palpatine and is thousands of years old. Not a Sith, but an ancient enemy of the Jedi.
    5. Dealing with the Rebuilding of the Republic and the Jedi.

4. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    this would have been awesome.

5. I would made villains more terrible and competent
    They had to literally bring Palpatine back because Kylo Ren is not credible enough to be the main villain

6. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Also no Empire/First Order and no Sith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    TROS should have been Ep8. Watching the amount of stuff they put into TROS plot, most of it would make of good and substantial Ep8. Some Rey being evil foreshadowing, more Finn/Poe development, more Snoke (instead of Palpatine) direct involvement. Maybe there would be better to end it with Rey in dark robes with double lightsaber so third movie would feel like there are big stakes.

8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I agree. It sounds as if they are going to have to squeeze in a hell of a lot to resolve this saga with just this one movie. This mooted "Wayfinder" quest and fraternising with the dark side should indeed have formed the middle act of the trilogy, with enough room then with the third film to resolve it all in good time.

Nobody at Disney LFL will dare badmouth each other, but I wonder just how much frustration has been vented privately about TLJ from a story point of view.

9. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    This would have been a great plot point. An ancient, lurking evil, of which Palpatine was simply an insignificant disciple of, something like that. That could really have shaken the GFFA up.

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  10. DarthVist

DarthVist Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2019
    I actually like that idea. If they went with that idea, then the title "The Ancient Fear" actually would've been a good title for Episode VII instead of the "The Force Awakens".

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  11. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    This is something that I agree should have been done for Snoke - he can be around the same age as Yoda (900 years old or thereabout) and is the complete opposite of the Jedi master... Snoke is a very evil and conniving master of the dark arts, and the original mentor for Sheev Palpatine - going on self-imposed "hibernation" when the Emperor rose to power, but only revived himself after the events of ROTJ...

Leading all the way to TFA, when we see Snoke as the Supreme Leader of the First Order - the remnants of the Empire under a new guise...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  12. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    At the end of TFA, I would have had Kylo give Rey a thrashing. A real beating. Not just lightsabers but some real unarmed combat stuff. Fisticuffs.

The ground splitting scene would have been Rey's chance to get away and I would have shown her crawling towards the Falcon, battered and barely escaping with her life.

Leia's decision to send Rey to find Luke would be shown to be because she believed Luke might train her.

Rey would have turned up on Ach'To still bearing the bruises and marks from her vicious encounter with Kylo.

13. DarthVist

Mar 20, 2019
    This how my episode VII would've been:
    Episode VII - The Ancient Fear

30 years had passed since the battle of Endor took place. The Empire fell after the battle, and peace was brought to the galaxy. Over the years after the battle, Luke Skywalker was able to create a new Jedi order, and Han and Leia (with the help of the rest of the galaxy) were finally able to create a new Republic. So over the years, the New Republic has risen to power and is now in controlled of the galaxy, and Leia Organa (now Leia Solo) is now a senator for the New Republic. Leia is also now a Jedi Knight. Han Solo is now a general, and over the years has taught people how to fly combat ships.

However the peace that has come over the 30 years since the battle of Endor may now has been threaten. An ancient dark lord of the force named Snoke is now the leader of a terrorist organization called the First Order. The First Order came from the ashes of the defeated Empire. Snoke has been in hibernation for over a thousand years, and he woke up sometime after Palpatine's death. After he woke up, he started talking to the remains of the defeated Empire through the force, and took them to a place to hide. There he got them to thrive over the years. Also, over the years, Snoke has teach and created a lot of dark force users himself, and his highest ranking dark force users are "the Knights of Ren". The Knights of Ren are 6 very powerful dark force users, and they are the highest ranking members of Snoke's new generation of dark force users.

During present times, Luke Skywalker is married now, and now has 2 sons. His wife (Marie Skywalker) is a Jedi Master and is also a teacher in the new Jedi order.

Quinn Skywalker (one of Luke and Marie's sons) is the oldest son, and he is 19 years old. Quinn has just recently became a Jedi Knight, but he is still working to become a Jedi Master. Quinn has always had problems with his family and friends and the New Jedi Order during his life, and he has a dark side about him that always made Luke feel uncomfortable. Quinn is very similar to his grandfather Anakin Skywalker.

Jake Skywalker (the one of Luke and Marie's sons) is the youngest son, and he is 16 years old. He is still a Jedi night in training. He has a very close relationship with his family and friends and the new Jedi order. He is still a Jedi Knight in training, and so he still has a while before fully becoming a full Jedi Knight. Jake is very optimistic like his father is, and is hoping to follow in his father's footsteps someday.

Han and Leia are married now, and they have twins now (who are 17 years old).

Sam Solo (the older twin, who is a male) is still being trained at Luke's Jedi academy on becoming a Jedi Knight. Sam is a great pilot like how his father is, but he also is very cocky like how his father was. There this female Jedi (who also is still in training) named Lisa Kolulan who has a crush on him that he isn't aware of.

Kira Solo (the younger twin, who is a female) is (like Jake and Sam) still being trained at Luke's Jedi academy on becoming a Jedi Knight. Kira is hoping to become a politician someday like how her mother and grandmother did. Kira has a strong personality like how her mother and grandmother does.

Chewbacca is married to a Wookie named Mallatobuck.

Ok, so now the story for my Episode VII now begins:

The First Order are searching on planets for weapons and things to build weapons with. On one of the planets, they find out about the first Jedi temple ever, and they find out that the first Jedi Temple has secrets that may be useful to Snoke and his dark force users. So the First Order begin to search for the temple. Someone on the planet overheard of the First Order trying to find the temple, and so he told the New Republic about it.

At the base of the New Republic, and Leia and the other politicians discuss about it. And so, Leia comes up with the idea of her, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2-D2, and C-3PO secretly looking for the temple themselves, hoping to find it and then have it guarded by the Resistance (a military base that works for the New Republic).

So Leia recruits Han, Luke, Chewie, R2-D2, and C-3PO on their mission, but Luke wants Jake, Sam, and Kira to tag along with them so they can learn more about the Jedi. Luke leaves his wife and the other masters and Quinn in charge of the Jedi academy. This makes Quinn upset, since he wanted to go along with them.

After Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, Jake, Sam, and Kira leave on the Millennium Falcon, Quinn starts hearing Snoke's voice in his head. Snoke tells him that one of his family members is endangered of dying during the trip, and he tells him if he doesn't join him, all of his family members may die. So Quinn secretly leaves Luke's academy and looks for Snoke to find him and confront him.

During Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, Jake, Sam, and Kira's trip, Han tells them that he may know someone that may have a clue to where the temple may be, and so they stop at a planet called Takodana. At the planet, they go to a bar where they find Maz Kanata (one of Han Solo's friends during when he used to be a smuggler). Maz Kanata knows what the temple is, and where it is. But unfortunately, secret members of the First Order saw Leia, and they knew by killing her, they would hurt the New Republic.

Meanwhile, Quinn finds Snoke and tries fighting him, but Snoke ends up being too much for him. Snoke captures him, and tells if he has 24 hours to join him or he will die. Quinn tells him he won't join, Snoke tells "we'll see about".

At Takodana, ships from the First Order start attacking the bar and blow it up. Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, Jake, Sam, Kira, and Maz all survive since Luke was able to use the force and guide them to a place where they would survive the bar blowing up. Shortly after that, they confront some of Snoke's new dark force users, in which they were able to beat Jake, Sam, and Kira in a lightsaber duel, but they ended up being defeated by Luke and Leia. Luke and the others go hide somewhere, and Leia calls the Resistance to Takodana.

During at Snoke's place, Quinn senses that his family and friends are in trouble, but he still refuses to join the dark side.

During at Takodana, the Resistance finally comes to the rescue and save Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, Jake, Sam, Kira, and Maz.

During at the base of the New Republic, (since they finally know where the temple is) Leia decide to send Luke to find the temple alongside with Chewie, Jake, Sam, and Kira on ship while being guarded by the ships of Resistance and the Millennium Falcon piloted by Han Solo.

When Luke's starts to leave on ship, he is attacked by ships of the First Order. The First Order know has a very powerful ship called the "Big-T-9". The Big-T-9 was made from wreckage of the destroyed Death Stars. All hope for Luke and the others seemed lost when the Big-T-9 was about to destroyed them, but Han Solo saves them by sacrificing himself by flying the Millennium Falcon into the Big-T-9 and destroying it. Luke and the others were saved and were finally able to look for the temple without the First Order bugging them, but they were sadden by Han Solo's death.

Quinn however senses Han Solo's death, and he finally realizes that his family is actually in danger and that Snoke was right, and so he finally joins Snoke and becomes "Kylo Ren". Snoke tells him that he would be the leader of the Knights of Ren.

Meanwhile Luke and the others finally find the temple, and that's where my Episode VII would end.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  14. DarthVist

Mar 20, 2019
    Actually my episode VII actually would end different than that. After Luke and the others finally find the temple, and they go inside of it. They find books in the temple that has information about strong force abilities. Luke and the others take the books and are about to leave, when of a sudden a ship from the First Order starts to land. The First Order was able to secretly track down Luke's ship. Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren come out of the ship. They demand the books. Kylo Ren begs them to give them the books so they don't have to fight them, but they start fighting anyway. Kylo Ren and the knights of Ren were able to defeat Jake, Sam, and Kira, but had trouble with Luke. Luke was able to defeat Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren, and when Luke was about ready to kill Kylo Ren, he then sensed that he was his son. Luke shocked and upset decided to have him and Jake, Sam, Kira, and Chewie go back to the base of the New Republic and take the books with them and leave Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren alive.

Eventually after that, Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren go back to Snoke's base.

At the base of the New Republic, Luke tells Leia and his wife what happened. They tell Luke that Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren will eventually become stronger, so Jake, Sam, and Kira's training needs to be completed.

When Luke and Jake are alone together, Luke tells him what happened, and then Luke gives him his and his grandfather's old blue lightsaber. Luke tells him him the history of the lightsaber and how he lost it and got it back, and Luke tells him how he was originally going to give it to Quinn instead of him, but since Quinn joined the dark side, it is now is Jake's lightsaber.

My Episode VII would end with Luke starting to train Jake, Sam, and Kira.

15. PendragonM

PendragonM Force Ghost star 4

Mar 7, 2018
    My Episode 7 - Han lives. Luke lives. Leia lives. All the way to the end. Han and Leia are still together. Their kids are not dark lords. Then you can tell any story you like.

Also Lando, Chewie and the droids all live. Killing beloved characters is cheap, unearned drama. Tell a story without it.

Make me care about the new characters by seeing their interactions with the old ones, and not the fake mentoring of TFA or the "get off my lawn" of TLJ.

You had three actors who'd known each other for almost 40 years and been acting and writing for almost that long, and they never took advantage of that. That was such a missed opportunity.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  16. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    TLJ is full of nonsense, that should've been fixed.

• Snoke shows signs for other dark siders in the galaxy, he implies that there are people above himself.
    • Rey's parentage is still a mystery.
    • No ''hyperspace'' diving/crash on a spaceship, that's just wrong. Otherwise every spaceship which can use hyperspace can destroy a gigantic spaceship with ease.
    • Holdo is not a Vice Admiral, and she doesn't take command after Leia's injury.
    • Leia dies after getting shot into space, there is no Force flying in the space.
    • Luke is still Luke.
    • Luke's reason for going to that island was improving the Jedi order, not for destroying it, once he learns what happened, he tries to persuade Rey to become a Jedi, not the otherway around that Rey tries to persuade Luke. Then Luke physically comes to save them, Kylo afraids to duel with him and he doesn't show up, Luke sacrifices himself while destroying a large portion of First Order troops.
    • First Order crumbles after the death of Snoke, Kylo doesn't become the only leader, other Admirals decides to act independently, since now that the Resistance is so weak and almost insignificant.
    • We see the other Knights of Ren, and Kylo leads a small portion of First Order by using them.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  17. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It's so weird, because this should have been the most obvious route. Rey is just kind of... there? She doesn't have any real attachment to most of the plot, and the idea that she doesn't want to commit yet would have made her arc, especially the stuff with Kylo, far more interesting. Like her and Finn should have changed roles inTLJ with him fully on board, but her being afraid of the idea of committing her life to not only a new cause, but a new religious way of life also. Heck, I would have had Luke himself come back, and not have Rey be sent to him for no reason. As it is, Luke's reaction to Rey is "Uh... do I know you?" which is completely valid.

Jedi_Fenrir767 and Erkan12 like this.
  18. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    This is also not bad;

Gharlane and Luke02 like this.
  19. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I would have gotten rid of Kylo Ren and create a better antagonist . . . someone who is not a knock-off of Anakin Skywalker. I would have explored Finn's background and ambiguous personality a bit more. I also would have allowed Rey to struggle more to learn about the Force. I would have tried to create another main narrative for the trilogy, other than a copy of the Rebel Alliance-First Order conflict.

20. Bob Effette

Dec 20, 2015
    The thing is, both the characters and the audience area aware that he is a knock-off of Anakin Skywalker, that is deliberate. His character is supposed to be an inferior version of Anakin / Vader, that's the point. I think that concept is actually quite interesting. The execution of it could be better, but I like the meta referencing towards the legacy characters.

21. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah, I think it works narratively as sort of how neo-fascists always seem to be knock-offs of their 1930's counterparts. Hugo Boss isn't making their uniforms anymore.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I do agree the concept is interesting but the execution has been overall dreadful as it's really been saved by Adam Driver's acting ability. He has really carried the ST so far to me.

To me I think it would been much more interesting had he along with the rest of the FO been true religious fanatics to the point they are frightening. Like he is legitimately worshiping at the altar of Vader like he is some god while the rest of the FO worships the Emperor so much they are trying to bring him back in the flesh and would been the story since the first frame of TFA, not slap on at the end to try and sell tickets for TROS since there isn't much interest.

Bob Effette likes this.
  23. LukeWereGonnaHaveCompany

LukeWereGonnaHaveCompany Jedi Padawan

Jan 17, 2019
    If I was to give a sales pitch for the ST right after Disney bought it, my idea would have the ST start right at the end of Luke's life, where he would pass the torch on in the first act of the first movie, and it would revolve around his now established Jedi Academy facing an entirely new threat from the unknown regions of the galaxy. We could see how the Jedi have evolved into something better with the wisdom Luke had gained from the lessons learned in the PT and OT and introduce new concepts outside of the Rebellion/Empire dynamic.

24. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    not have Luke a dumb a**. I like it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    devilinthedetails likes this.
  25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I would've pilfered shamelessly from the Legacy comics:

-Imperial Knights
    -A resurgent Sith Order that eventually implodes, proving why the Rule of Two is a thing.
    -Make the Sith Order be led by a SkySolo descendant.
    -OR...have a SkySolo descendant be the "Darth Wyrrlok" style character. (If you've read the comics, you know what happens)
    -Have Rey be the last Skywalker, and struggle with the legacy of the name (but maybe not be a crackhead)
    -Have the Jedi Order be not as wiped out as was originally thought, because they like...read a friggin history book.
    -Force Ghost Luke
    -Han and Leia have cameos via historical holos.