main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The ST: What Would You Change/Revise?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EzraSnoke, Dec 27, 2017.

1. dagenspear

dagenspear Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 9, 2015
    Maybe. But it happened in the movie.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    They should've had Rey and Kylo making out for the entire trilogy, not just at the end of TROS.:p

Lulu Mars likes this.
  3. JABoomer

JABoomer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2009
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should've replaced Luke, Leia, and Han with Muppets.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In the words of Han Solo, all of it.

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    For all the theories about Snoke being some ancient being, who witnessed all the events of the galaxy ... I think Rey should have been the ancient one.

As in...she was one of the first Jedi, who actually trained on Ahch-to 10,000 years ago. The Sith Eternal -- who's job it is to keep the Sith line going should it ever go extinct -- kidnapped her as part of that back up plan. She has spent the last millennia frozen in some dark side crystal chamber, and was awoken just before arriving on Jakku. The people who left her on Jakku, were just smugglers who were helping the FO bring in supplies to and from Exogol, or something, and found her. But they ditched her when they realized she was powerful. Her parents, who were also Jedi on Ahch-to, have been dead since those early days of the Jedi Order. She's spent the last 10 years living a harsh life on Jakku, waiting for parents who have long been dead. And while the Resistance has been searching the galaxy for Luke, the FO has been searching for this ...girl.

Then when she arrives on Ahch-to the memories start flooding back. She remembers training there. Which explains why she's already powerful and how her training is coming back to her. And so basically just as Luke was the new hope for the rebirth of the Jedi, Rey is the hope for the Sith.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I would purposely leak a fake script so that peoples expectations would not be subverted when each of the movies were released or I would have hired Filoni and Faverau to just create the ST. :p

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  8. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I always liked the idea that the ST would ironically shed light on some of the earliest history of SW, expanding the saga in both directions chronologically. Luke searching for the first temple, the "Prime Jedi" mural (see avatar), the mystery of Snoke, etc, it all seemed to be there.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Your Snoke theories suck.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If I were developing the ST today knowing where the story was ultimately going I would change just a couple things. I would remove Snoke completely from the story. Once you commit to bringing the Emperor back Snoke just becomes redundant. Instead I’d have Palpatine in that role from the beginning. However, it would be a young Palpatine clone (I think Matt Smith would have played the part brilliantly) so the audience wouldn’t automatically know who it is. In The Force Awakens, I’d have our heroes come across cloning vats in Starkiller Base similar to the scene in The Mandalorian.

The Last Jedi would play out exactly as it does except Matt Smith’s Palpatine would be degrading fast which would be another clue that he’s a clone. Kylo Ren would be aware of Palpatine from the beginning and just like in the real TLJ he’d kill him at the end intending to reinvent the Sith in his image.

The Rise of Skywalker would also play out pretty much exactly as it does only now we’ve established a proper foundation for Palpatine’s return. It would be Ian McDiarmid Palpatine in a fully degraded body like we see in the film. I’d also make it clear that this is the last clone body that Palpatine has which is why he needs to Rey to survive. Make it more clear that once he’s destroyed that’s it. He ain’t coming back this time.

11. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    Everything.An older version of ROTJ Luke rebuilding the Jedi on Coruscant.
    The big four and the droids being together at one place.
    The main villain an apprentice of Sidious.As if he would care about the rule of two.
    Coruscant partly destroyed from underneath by some buried Sith magic unleashed by Sidious apprentice.

Eike Starseeker likes this.
  12. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Saw this artist, Pablo Dominguez, who actually works at ILM and worked on SW and thought...man...some of his personal work is so much of what I wanted to see in the ST. It's not the artists, it was definitely the directors lack of vision.

NR fighters/ships: Something brand new for the guys who won the civil war and were defending the new government. The FO should have had the leftover nostalgia ships.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ahch-to/First Jedi Temple: Earthly, realistic, but just a hint of otherworldly fantasy and spiritualness.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dessert world: But not just Tatooine all over again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ancient space castle or something weird.
    [​IMG]

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I like those landscapes, but those ship designs are trying too hard to be different/weird. Classic OT ship designs look practical and workable, to my eye; those don't. When I see an X-wing or A-wing, it looks like a cool ship I'd like to fly. When I see that asymmetrical thing above, I wonder what the concept artist was thinking. It takes me out of my willing suspension of disbelief.

14. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Is dessert world made of ice cream?

TX-20 and Sarge like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    B-wings though.

16. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Pff...ice cream would surely melt on a Dessert world. ;) /s

I hear what you're saying. I like when SW shows a little asymmetry in the designs, so I don't mind a little funkiness here and there. The falcon itself is an asymmetrical design and that's the most classic SW ship ever. Granted the top ship in my post is prob too modern and elegant, but sleek ships have been seen in SW too.

But more so I just wanted something a little fresh for the ST. Something that makes sense conceptually for where the story should be 30 years later. Which I think you agree with already.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    At the end of the closing credits, I would have had a James Bond time message "Star Wars will be back in Episode X- directed by Dave Filoni"

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's by far my least favorite of the classic 4 rebel fighters. And even that one seems to normally operate with the big fin vertical, which makes it symmetrical.

Jedi Merkurian and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    Luke vs Sidious lightsaber/force battle in IX.
    Rey vs Kylo in VII ,VIII and IX.
    Battle over Coruscant vs the FO.
    No Snoke at all.

20. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Battle over Coruscant is something I always thought made too much sense. You could have the NR defending the planet, or even the Rebels finally retaking the Capitol. I've had this image in my head of rebels running up the outside of the senate dome, and taking down the giant Imperial banner and replacing it with a Alliance one. Something cheesy like that. And then all while new Jedi hero and evil baddie have a fight in the ruins of the Jedi Temple.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Yeah, that's cheesy, and corny too, and I want to see it. If John Williams scores it, it will work, no matter how cheesy and/or corny it looks.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Babu Frik should have killed the emperor. Final quote "Emperor go blank....blank,blank"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  23. IJjones41

IJjones41 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2021
    Allow Finn to be the leading male character that I feel he should have been. Allow Kylo Ren to remain the villain to the end. Actually, I believe a lot of rewriting or revision would be needed to improve the trilogy.

24. Wu Wei Jedi

Nov 8, 2021
    Leia as chancellor of the Republic on Coruscant.
    Darth Sidious and his new Empire attacking the Republic over the course of 3 Movies.
    No Death Star technology but Sidious planted a Sith artifact underneath Coruscant which needs to be activated to destroy the planet.
    Sidious has an Army of Sith.
    Han,Chewie and Lando fighting against the new Empire.
    Luke, Ben and the other Jedi of the new Jedi Order fighting against the Army of Sith.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  25. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    Tried to keep everything mostly the same since I'm not trying to do a rewrite right now. Mostly context-oriented fixes that technically could still happen, but there are some revisions, some reordered changes, things that could make the ST better, etc.

- Capitalize more on the Dark Empire parallels, and inject more Arthurian aesthetics.

- Palpatine in Rey's Forceback vision.

- Palpatine survived by attaching his spirit to the ruins of the second Death Star, instead of projecting his consciousness to Exegol. He then possesses the body of a Sith Eternal acolyte once members of the cult arrive to search the derelict battlestation for his remains.

- While the New Republic's leadership was gathered on Hosnian Prime and subsequently destroyed by Starkiller, its military was not completely destroyed, and continue holding off the First Order's advance in the Core Worlds. Leia's Resistance and the New Republic are not on the same page until the end of TROS, when they join up with the rest of the galaxy to help the Resistance on Exegol.

- The Ren Purge would actually be a thing, instead of Ben "accidentally" bombing the Jedi Temple, and killing everyone inside.

- Rey is descended from a genetic being created by Palpatine and the Sith Eternal, that was cloned from Luke's severed hand. The combination of both Skywalker blood (through genetic material from Luke's hand) and the history of the Sword of Skywalker is what grants Rey her powerful Force abilities upon coming into contact with it.

- In TFA, Leia would tell Rey that Kylo Ren is her and Han's son, and that Han was trying to bring him back home at her request. This would take place before Rey departs for Ahch-To to bring back Luke. This would lead in to Rey initially holding contempt for Kylo, but later attempting to speak some sense into Kylo out of respect for Han and Leia when she begins to see cracks that show that he does feel bad about killing his father.

- Luke actually trains Rey, but this training goes incomplete until she receives guidance from Leia.

- Like with TLJ, Kylo doesn't turn to the light after killing Snoke, and tempts Rey with a place by his side as his apprentice. This would continue from the thread of Kylo telling Rey she needs a teacher, and that he can show her the ways of the Force in TFA.

- The Resistance pilots are taken out of the fight in a more traditional manner when they attempt to defend the Raddus from Kylo's assault, instead of being killed in the hangar. Poe faces off against Kylo, but his ship is ultimately crippled in the confrontation.

- Removal of Canto Bight, and the 16 hr time limit. Finn and Rose would stay on the Raddus with Poe, where the plot would revolve around the Resistance believing that they have a traitor on board, and Holdo would be keeping secrets about their plans for this reason. The Resistance should feel in perpetual danger anyway being unable to take the First Order head on. Rey and Luke should arrive back into the conflict when they are ready since they don't even know the Resistance is even in danger. With liberties taken, most things play out similarly to how they do in TLJ without Canto Bight.

- Finn still doesn't want to join the Resistance, uncertain of throwing his lot in with them so soon after leaving the First Order. Many in the Resistance are wary of him, calling him a traitor, and making him know he isn't welcome. Finn would stay because of the people who do trust him (Poe, Leia, and eventually Rose), and he leads a group to sneak aboard the Supremacy to sabotage its workings.

- Potential plot twist would be that Finn IS the traitor, albeit unknowingly. Once aboard the Supremacy, Finn and friends are captured by Phasma, and bought before Hux, who reveals that all FO Stormtroopers are chipped in order to track down and kill to prevent the spilling of FO secrets. Finn's chip is defective in part due to his emerging Force potential. Several of the Resistance infiltrators are executed in front of Finn, Poe, and Rose; they only survive due to Holdo's timely intervention. Finn would ultimately prove his dissenters wrong when he attempts to sacrifice himself for their survival.

- No Canto Bight means No Fathiers, and No Broom Boy. The Last Jedi's closing sequence would instead be dedicated to setting up Palpatine's return, with withered Palpatine remarking that the time is almost at hand to announce his return. Said announcement wouldn't come until Kylo has nearly gained true dominance over the First Order during the one-year gap.

- Confrontation between Finn and Kylo on the Finalizer during the Battle of Batuu. While Finn knows he can't beat Kylo as he is, he hits him with a "Reason You Suck" speech, that leaves enough of an effect on him to leave him alone when in TROS.

- More interaction between Finn and Kylo in general. The TFA artbook mentions a potential dynamic between Sam (who became Finn) and Skyler (who became Kylo), where they would have been friends before Sam's defection from the First Order. Maybe in a short story Finn and Kylo became acquainted, but after their escapade is over, Finn undergoes a "brainscrape", and forgets about it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021