main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions The Star War Expanded Universe - would you go there if you could?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jo B1 Kenobi, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    In physics there is a hypothesis that multiple universes exist. There are different proposals about how this might work and even a taxonomy of how different sets of universes might be grouped together (Tegmark). These theories are supported by some really high level scientists including people like Stephen Hawking.

Now if I understand this right, one theory is that if a universe can be formally mathematically described it must exist. So, if the Star Wars Expanded Universe could be mathematically described then it could exist!!

My questions is, if the Star Wars universe really did exist (apart from in our minds and hearts) and we could open a gateway to that place, would you go?

Also, if you could choose what kind of person, species and abilities you had, what would you choose?

2. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Ooh. This question I like. And as for the answering of it... I'd go in a heartbeat!

Although I think Earth being the lost homeworld of humanity located in the Unknown Regions (which works, as the Orion Arm could be placed between Lehon, Ilum and Csilla) with a Whill called George Lucas influencing the minds and dreams of many human beings to prompt them to tell the Journal of the Whills through holovids and literature works better than any variants of the many worlds interpretation. It allows for all sorts of neat interpretations of history like Sith fleeing the Great Hyperspace War being ancient astronauts who founded the ancient Egyptian civilisation, and Kaminoans crash landing in Roswell in 1947, and the odd few Shistavanens, Anzati, Devaronians and Shi'ido who made it here inspiring various myths of the supernatural (werewolves, vampires, demons, shapeshifters and I really could go on and on here). :p

I'd prefer to just go as myself with my current abilities (and Force sensitivity or lack thereof), and use my knowledge of the lore to still become the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy's ever seen in a few short months... and from there, attempt to achieve godlike knowledge and power, conquer death and generally pursue transhumanist ideals in a utilitarian bid to create galactic utopia.

If I was to be 'reborn' in the Star Wars EU, though, I would give myself an even more unfair head start by choosing to be a Sith pureblood with immense Force potential. Still a Sith Lord pursuing apotheosis, as above. ;)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Would I go? Hmm. Too many dangerous wars and ways to die. Ah screw it. I'll go anyway.

4. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    I think the wider galaxy has a much better track record than our own humble planet. It's not as if we've ever enjoyed thousands of years of peace between the odd galactic conflict (and even the odd galactic conflict is unlikely to actually be dangerous for the average guy and gal, the galaxy being an unfathomably huge place and all).

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  5. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    It really depends on the time period. I wouldn't mind traveling to the KOTOR time period or the NJO because even though they are dangerous, they are also the most interesting. I wouldn't travel to the Denning verse though. Living in that universe would be way to depressing for me.
    If I could be anybody in the EU, I would prefer to be a secret agent in New Republic Intelligence.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes I would go. Give me a moment to write a note and I am off! :D

I would prefer not to be myself if I went and that was an option. Just for one simple fact, a human even in SW does not live very long. I would instead rather be a Gurlanin, as their world has been a merer hop from Ord Mantel just about any time period after Ord Mantel was built into a depot as it would likely present the world with nefarious or even legal visitors from whom to get ships or rides off planet. Not to mention an average life span of 700 plus years and ability to blend in with other races would be a huge bonus. I would also like to be more Force sensitive than the races marginal bump, probably becoming a somewhat strong Jedi or Grey Force faction group member eventually under a pseudo races guise for a couple hundred years, and then pull a Yoda late in life of a fake death report and retire to homeworld or some other simple back water before attaching spirit to an object like a nearly indestructible amulet to haunt the galaxy for a long time after. :D

7. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014

I really like your 'lost homeworld of humanity' in the Unknown Regions idea very much - that's really put a smile on my face! :D It's brilliant!!!!

I think it's great that you would go as yourself and still acheive your galactic utopian domination! lol

Wow - sounds like you've got the whole thing sorted. I especially like the ability to blend with other races. I've thought of the race I would like to be (Cathar) and my level of force sensitivity (low to moderate - like a strongly force sensitive normal being or a weakish Jedi) but I've not thought it all through yet.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Not quite all sorted, I would also like to work with or join a group of Mando's. . .but that is one of those little pieces that could fit in just about anywhere. Perhaps even make the amulet a part of the bucce or gauntlet and create / be a legendary hunter to make sure others would pursue the piece ;)

9. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Thanks!

Well, a sufficiently well read Star Wars fan should be able to dominate the galaxy fairly easily due to said knowledge of the lore, if that were his/her inclination. The lore is rife with points of potential exploitation and muchkinry. I actually have a far too well thought out plan on how to go from a 'Force muggle' from Earth to most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy and then galactic domination in the space of a few months. 8-}

And if I may adapt a favourite quote of mine.. "Galactic domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer galactic optimisation."

10. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Hmm.... can I choose when and where? Don't wanna arrive on Alderaan at certain dates.... definitely don't want to be anywhere with rakghouls. If I could choose where and when, though, yes I would go.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Just make sure you check the weather forecast before you head to Alderaan and you should be fine...

[​IMG]

Monday and Tuesday look good. :p

[​IMG]

12. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    Absolutley - choose what time, what day, what era, what place!

Brilliant!! - Very funny indeed. :D

13. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    Made in error - sorry

14. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    140 ABY. Korriban.

I go grab the Heart of Graush (whoops, I'm biologically immortal now!), attach a bomb to it and blackmail Dathka Graush (who would be possessing my body) to perform the Force Walk ritual, summon and bind the spirit of Marka Ragnos, and then relinquish control. I now have the power of Marka Ragnos at my disposal, and I doublecross Graush and bind him for good measure. Now having munchkinned my way into being a rather very powerful Sith Lord, I journey to the Temple of Korman Lao with the holocrons of various Sith, the Mask of Nihilus and Ommin's amulet. I thus summon and bind the spirits of Darth Nihilus, Palpatine, Ludo Kressh and a few others for good measure, gaining all of their knowledge and power. A quick healing session on Voss later, I'm now the most powerful Dark Lord the galaxy has ever known, and I proceed to clone myself thousands of times over and preserve my bodies in Sith oubliettes which I then scatter throughout interstellar space. I also 'horcrux' my tomb, on which I use a Kathol launch gate to shunt it into Otherspace and, having attached a hyperdrive to, send out via Vector Prime beyond the known galaxy. Drifting through the intergalactic void faster than light (and in an alternate dimension), it's unreachable by anyone.

What else? I keep my immortal true body on Zeltros, of course, and what everyone knows to be the fearsome Darth Dreadwar is actually a corporeal Force phantom controlled by myself. Just in case the Jedi work out 'my' body is just an avatar body, I also use Kressh's stolen knowledge to forge a new Gauntlet of Kressh, meaning my immortal true body cannot even be touched, by hand or weapon or the Force, without my permission. To that body, I bind about a hundred Force-sensitives implanted with nihil smokestone with the Sith battlelord ritual, ensuring that even if someone tricks me into letting them touch my immortal body (as Zayne did Haazen), any damage they do to my body is transferred to my Pawns. And did I forget to mention that I bound the spirit of Darth Andeddu and Simus and consumed the elixir of the Murakami orchid, ensuring that, rather like the more well known Darth Sion, my body remains animate no matter what mortal injuries or damage it incurs, even down to hundreds of years of decay or getting its head chopped off?

Yeah, I'm invincible. Once I've gotten the pesky little problem of mortality out of the way, then I launch my plan to dominate... ahem... optimise... the galaxy.

Joanne2108 and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd want to visit Csilla and honestly I'd rather meet my Chiss OC Thimen than any of the Chiss written about in EU Lit.

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'd visit Tython and Bogan and bump into my namesake (hopefully he won't pull a mind trick on me...)
    Yes, definitely get your Alderaan business done and leave before Wednesday. I proudly own that t-shirt, as a weather and Star Wars geek it makes me LOL every time I wear it.

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I'd love to visit Coruscant, the city planet that never sleeps. But I bet rush hour is a killer. :p

18. Drun Pulsar

Drun Pulsar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    Definitely. After the Vong are repelled though.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

19. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    OK, I've thought about this for a while and this is what I think I'd like...

I would go I think, but I'd have to wait until my son is old enough to manage without me, unless he wanted to come too.

I would go to an out of the way rural planet, like Dantooine hundred years before Revan. I would live a little away from civilisation but not far away. I would be myself, but a little younger and with my body fully well. I would still have mild autism (high functioning autism / Asperger's) because it makes me really good with technical things and that's how I would make my living - collecting junk and making it into functioning tech and repairing tech for people. I would also love to have a side-line in helping the folk who no-one else helps, and in helping indigenous animals. I could use my tech abilities to make a medical droid to help me with this.

I would make my home in an abandoned crashed space ship (about the size of the Falcon). I would like to be mildly force sensitive and to use that ability to mend and heal things and people. I would probably avoid fighting and have an underground safe room which I could enter through the ship's lower hull to hide out if bad guys show up. I would love to have a droid as my friend, but it woul have to be one less irritating than a protocol droid - maybe my own heavily modified pitt droid like WAC 47.

20. Drun Pulsar

Drun Pulsar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    After Vong for me.

Smuggler all the way.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

21. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    I would either inhabit Yoda's old abandoned hut on Dagobah and be a hermit, or live in one of the huge trees on the forest moon of Endor, it being the closest thing I can think of in the SW universe to Tolkien's Lothlorien.

Preferably during the time after the emperor's death.

22. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jul 3, 2014
    I've often thought about what it might be like to live in Yoda's hut. I love simple, compact, one-person living spaces. I think my favourite is actually Ben Kenobi's place on Tatooine.

(PS: Lothlorien is very beautiful - love LOTR too)

Lanoree likes this.
  23. Rogue_Wraith

Rogue_Wraith Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2015
    I would like to live either on Kashyyk with the Wookies or at the new Jedi Academy on Ossus.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  24. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Absolutely! I'd be a trader/smuggler/all around cool person. Then I could go wherever I wanted and enjoy the silence of space... except when I was on a planet. :p Mebbeh I'd be a Mando or a Jedi or a healer. Very fun idea. :D

25. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I would like to be Force sensitive and then I would head to Tatooine during the Dark Times and see if I could get Obi-Wan to train me. I would also like to be younger than I am now though. Then after training there for a while and maybe helping keep an eye on little Luke with him I would head out to join the Rebel Alliance. Get my foot in the door in the early years of the Alliance, learn to fly snubfighters of course, help them fight through the years and be there on Endor celebrating after the battle. Then help Luke rebuild the Order and share some of Obi-Wan's stories with him. Maybe some of them about Anakin and Padme which he really never got to hear. Sounds pretty good to me.

Almost forgot. Only if I can bring my wife and boys with me. :D