main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions The Star War Expanded Universe - would you go there if you could?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jo B1 Kenobi, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    She is a really interesting character, with some odd but intriguing ideas about the force. The first book I read with her in was NJO Traitor. To me she came across as weird and distinctly untrustworthy. I thought she was a bit creepy. At the same time though she was really interesting too with some really "out there" ideas about things. I have got to read that book again.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

Atollon_Dweller likes this.
  2. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    If I could go to the SW galaxy, I would want to belong to a long-lived species. Because I'd want to explore as much of it as possible, and it would require a lot of time!

3. Atollon_Dweller

Atollon_Dweller Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2019
    Absolutely. We can leave tomorrow.

Jo B1 Kenobi and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    What about anzati? Similar to people, live a thousand years and natural predators, that will allow protect yourselves during travel? Vampire of GFFA, yeah... :cool:

Nom von Anor likes this.
  5. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    That would be nice indeed. :) Or, alternatively, whatever species the Jedi Master Fay in the old Clone Wars comics belonged to. She was centuries old.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably Sephi, or at least Sephi-related:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sephi/Legends

Jo B1 Kenobi likes this.
  7. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    I would want to hang with the Skywalker and Solo gals at a luminescent spa and shopping centers. That’s about it.

I take that back, I would love to visit libraries through the galaxy to read about our heroes from the perspective of different species. Pretty, landscaped, hidden libraries.

Otherwise I’m sure I would die in the crosshairs of a battle or get killed for being “intolerant” because strong is the gag reflex with this one... and some species are naaaaasasty looking...

Cheek pockets for your face tentacles??? Excuse me- *hurls violently*

PCCViking likes this.
  8. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
  9. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I would because in the EU Luke is still alive.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  10. Jaina's Boyfriend

Jaina's Boyfriend Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2020
    I can agree with OP on some of her ideas since I am into such topics - maths and physics are part of my professional background. What she wrote is basically a take on modal realism and the many worlds interpretation of quantum physics.

Bloody yeah, I'd take a one-way ticket to the GFFA immediately. Star Wars is basically the 1980 and 90s in space. The setting is build around coolness and adventure. Our world today is very boring.

11. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd absolutely go. It'd be awesome. Since everything we know of in the lore was a long time ago, I'd love to see what the current day universe there would look like as well.

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’d love to be a Sith history professor.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Would defenetly love to go on a tour through the SW galaxy, see all the worlds and places, especially those not shown in the movies/games where we have no real visuals to go on. Would probably require a good tour guide/protector tough, first pick would be Jacen but then of course only the pre darkside version. But most of all I would actually be intrested to see and explore my own fanon worlds/cultures.

14. DarthBaras

DarthBaras Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2020
    I'd love to be some random stormtrooper on some backwater world fighting other stormtroopers over warlord disputes.

15. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    I'm thinking that I'd wanna go to Naboo before the prequels start and make Sheev Palpatine my best friend. Of course I'd be force sensitive and maintain a more neutral approach living in the "Grey area"

16. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Yes, I would go there. But I would need a guarantee I can leave. I would not want to reside permanently in the Expanded Universe. I'll take a sightseeing tour as a first pass.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
  18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Some places I’d like to visit.

Zonama Sekot
    Mustafar
    Bastion
    Myrkr
    Korriban

19. Nom von Anor

Oct 7, 2012
    I'd like to visit Socorro, Neftali, Maryx Minor, Belsavis, Kalarba and Junkfort Station.

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I want to visit Bakura, and Naboo...........Coruscant would be a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

21. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    It is terrifying based on the dangers innumerable.

But it is amazing in it's potential and opportunities.

I remember having a similar discussion in school once about whether you'd want to live in the Wild West.

Would you risk the hostiles, the diseases, the isolation for the chance to stake a claim?

Feels very similar to me.

The universe is spectacular if you have the means to explore it. Much like our world, honestly.
    But it can also be very mundane for the vast majority day-to-day. I think the romance of being a moisture farmer on Tatooine would wear off pretty quick.

So it comes down do this...Am I going to the Star Wars universe as myself? If so, then I'd probably stay home with my family and sense of security.

If I am going to become someone new...to risk the adventure while not just exploring the galaxy, but who I am in it...then YEAH, I am going.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  22. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Coruscant,
    Scarif,
    and
    Mustafar in the winter.

23. I want to be a Clone Trooper, Stormtrooper doing missions all day

24. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Oooh, interesting. I've thought about this before and I'll say it depends on the circumstances. If I were Force sensitive, I wouldn't want to go during the Empire for fear of being hunted and killed. Any other time would be okay for me, but I'd prefer to go during the NJO 'cause it's just so damn interesting.

Nom von Anor likes this.