main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Star Wars Rings Book

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_BDO, Sep 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_BDO

Darth_BDO Jedi Padawan

Jan 15, 2015
    Has anyone else had their Star Wars news feed hijacked with articles about this Star Wars Rings book? Apparently some guy has decided that he has cracked the story code on Star Wars and now knows everything about what is going to happen in the Last Jedi and beyond. My only problem with this is that he seems completely uneducated on Star Wars and based on the article I have read, he has not done his due diligence before writing this book.
    The main theory that is really bugging me is that he claims to know at least 2 of Rey's family members, Leia and Kylo. He says that Rey and Kylo are faternal twins born to Leia but the father is unknown.

That means he didn't read Bloodlines where is was pretty obvious that Han was Ben's father. And he is completely ignoring that fact that Rey and Kylo are 10 years apart in age. (The movie takes place 30 years after the battle of Endor. Rey was born 11 years after Endor making her 19 years old. However, Ben, or Kylo Ren was born 0-1 years after Endor making him either 29 or 30.)

This book sounds poorly researched and the author sounds like an ill informed, self proclaimed Star Wars genius and I can't for the life of me figure out how it got published. Then to follow that, it has been taken seriously enough for his theories to be placed in my Star Wars news feed multiple times.

Has anyone actually read this book? Is it as bad as I think it is?

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Not the place for this thread. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.