main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST The Star Wars Sequels Reimagined: Episode 10 - The Final Battle (Part 1 of 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth Mortak, Dec 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Mortak

Darth Mortak Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2022
    If you've read the previous 3 entries, Episodes 7, 8 and 9 then thank you so much! If not, you might want to read them first, in order to understand what's happening in this one

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...d-star-wars-episode-7-galaxy-at-war.50058461/

STAR WARS Episode X: The Final Battle

Opening Crawl:

THE EMPIRE has been reforged as Grand Admiral Thrawn's forces absorb the last of the imperial warlords. THE NEW REPUBLIC has managed to gather together their own massive force from the planetary defense fleets all across the universe..

Many senators and generals fear this patched together fleet will not be able to compete with the clear command structure and practiced battle tactics that Thrawn will employ. Nevertheless, THE NEW REPUBLIC defense fleet is leaving Coruscant, prepared to fight to the bitter end to destroy THE EMPIRE.

[​IMG]
    For the first time in Star Wars history, instead of the camera tilting down, the camera slowly zooms out to show the Coruscant night sky, from the perspective of being on one of the skyscraper roofs. Massive New Republic ships are jumping to lightspeed, so many that they make streaks across the sky that look really amazing, like shooting stars.

[​IMG]
    Leia Solo is watching them from her Coruscant apartment, before slowly closing her eyes to connect with Luke through the force. She whispers "Take care of yourself kiddo. And please keep an eye on Han."

Luke smiles from inside the cockpit of his X-wing and says he will.

A beeping on Leia's wrist communicator snaps her out of her trance. She raise her arm and a hologram of Tardev Shen appears, inviting her to his home, to talk about the upcoming battle, and to celebrate their success in rallying an army to fight Thrawn.

[​IMG]
    Shen lives in a lavish mansion on top of a skyscraper, with the senate building just barely visible in the distance. Leia agrees and says she'll be over shortly.

[​IMG]
    Tardev is friendly and greets Leia warmly when her shuttle lands on the landing pad outside. Once inside, he tells Leia he knows she has been investigating him, and was curious as to why, as he’s always been on her side. He remains friendly on the surface, but you can tell it’s forced, a mask covering his hatred.

Leia tells him it’s nothing personal, she's just doing her due diligence, you can’t be too careful these days. Leia starts making barbed jabs at the types of imperial cowards who have infiltrated the senate, spineless weaklings who want to stab you in the back instead of fighting with honor. At least the Imperial officers of old would look you in the eye when they killed you, this new breed would make the former Imperials sick.

She is doing this because she heavily supsects Tardev is a spy, and she is making him visibly angry while she says this, though he is doing his very best to cover his rage.

Suddenly Tardev jumps off the couch, pulls out a blaster and fires at Leia. She quickly calls the hidden lightsaber to her hand from inside her robe, and blocks the blast.

Tardev looks shocked to see she has the lightsaber, and that she can use the force. He angrily says “Jedi scum!” and turns and runs deeper into the mansion, calling for his security (who are all secretly imperials) to kill Leia.

Leia is not super skilled with the force like Luke, but she manages to block the blaster bolts fired at her as she retreats towards the door she came in, calling in her communicator for Jake and Versa.

Both of them were hidden in Leia’s parked shuttle, and burst into the room, easily deflecting all the blaster bolts and killing the imperial security in the main living room.

[​IMG]
    Leia points to where Tardev ran, and Jake and Versa take off in that direction.

MEANWHILE:

In Rakkan’s room, Darth Sadow’s hologram activates on it’s own, as Rakkan is pacing the floor, visibly very agitated.

[​IMG]
    Sadow tells Rakkan to kill the one to whom he feels attachment. Only then will he be freed of his uneasiness and fear. Only then can he fully embrace the dark side, and fully revel in the power it will give him. "Kill the one who chains you, only then will you have true freedom."

Rakkan pauses, appearing to consider it.

[​IMG]
    Then with an angry roar he stabs the holocron device directly in the center, and it explodes, dark side energy being released (like what happened in Episode 6 when the Emperor was destroyed)

[​IMG]
    Rakkan races out of his room, through the fortress and to the prisoner’s quarters. The guards are surprised to see him again, especially because he isn’t wearing his helmet. Once of them starts to speak, and Rakkan blasts them both with the force against the wall, knocking them out.

[​IMG]
    Aliisa is barely conscious. She watches as Rakkan slashes the door open with his lightsaber and comes in the cell. She weakly says “I knew you’d come.”

Rakkan picks her up and says “I’m getting you out of here.”

He then hurries through the fortress complex. Imperials eye them suspiciously but don’t try to stop them.

When they reach the hangar bay, Rakkan heads towards a sleek, fast looking black ship at the far end. He is about halfway there when he hears a voice say “Lord Mortak, I did not dismiss you.”

[​IMG]
    He turns to see Thrawn standing in the doorway, flanked by 15 of his special bodyguards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Each one is different, many are aliens, and each has a different kind of non-projectile weapon in hand (shock-spears, swords and the like)

Rakkan glares at him. “Mortak is a lie. My name is Rakkan”

“I thought this might happen. Are you really going to throw away everything I’ve given you?”

Rakkan looks down at Aliisa, who is conscious now. He slowly sets her down so she is standing on her own. “I’ve made my choice.”

“I see. And you really think you are going to steal MY ship, with MY prisoner, and leave to tell the New Republic everything you know about me? About what my plans are?... I think not”

Rakkan turns and tells Aliisa to run for the ship.

[​IMG]

Instantly 3 of the fastest looking body guards sprint towards Aliisa, while the other 12 head towards Rakkan.

Rakkan stands his ground with his lightsaber drawn, causing the 12 headed towards him to advance more slowly and cautiously.

The three running towards Aliisa look like they’re about to overtake her, when Rakkan suddenly turns and pushes out with the force, blasting all three across the hangar and into a ship, knocking them out. Aliisa makes it into the ship but does not close the boarding ramp.

While Rakkan was pushing them with the force, the other 12 attack Rakkan. He manages to parry and dodge, spin and slash. Rakkan kills 1 of them, but a particularly skilled bodyguard with a shock sword manages to disarm Rakkan.

[​IMG]
    Rakkan stumbles back, with his arm hanging numb at his side. 4 of the other body guards go in for the kill, and are instantly vaporized by blaster cannons on the ship Aliisa is piloting, now hovering above the ground.

[​IMG]
    Rakkan turns and jumps into the open hatchway of the ship, sealing it behind him, and the ship tears out of the hangar.

By now dozens of imperial officers and stormtroopers have run into the hangar.

[​IMG]
    The officer nearest Thrawn asks if they should alert the fleet to catch them.

Thrawn doesn’t appear too upset. “Our Star Destroyers are powerful, but they are about 20 years behind the newest technology, and too slow. He stole my personal shuttle, and I happen to know that ship would never be caught.”

“But.. my lord!”

“It’s no great loss. I never discussed any important plans with Mortak, he was a glorified body guard. He has nothing valuable to tell the New Republic.”

Thrawn approaches the bodyguard that disarmed Rakkan and hands him Mortak’s lighsaber. “You were the most skilled of all my guards. You will be Darth Mortak.”

The bodyguard looks surprised. “But sir, I have no idea..”

“How to use the force?” Thrawn finishes. “Yes of course I know that. The fear of Darth Mortak’s power has already been spread. Wear the suit and mask, carry the lightsaber, and no one will know you aren’t the same one who slaughtered an army. With any luck, you’ll never need to use your lightsaber at all. Simply standing by my side as you’ve always done will be enough. But the fact you are quite proficient with a blade could come in handy.”

The guard bows his head, “Yes my lord.”

MEANWHILE:

Running through the lower levels of Tardev Shen’s mansion on Corsucant, Jake and Versa cut down the guards and auto turrets trying to stop them, and cut through the large security door in the basement.

[​IMG]
    Inside the large dark room, the same room where Tardev would communicate with Thrawn, Tardev is frantically trying to erase communications between himself and Thrawn.

[​IMG]
    The remainder of the imperial officers are there as well, in a defensive position.

When Jake and Versa burst through the door, they all open fire.

[​IMG]
    The twins block all the shots back to the ones who fired. Tardev is the last to fall, firing his sidearm several times at Jake before getting a bolt deflected back into his chest.

As he lies on the floor dying, Leia steps through the doorway as well. He stares at her, laughing softly as blood trickles out of his mouth.

“I may die here, but Thrawn has already won! Long live the Empire!”

(STORY IS CONCLUDED IN PART 2!)
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...the-final-battle-part-2-of-2-finale.50058536/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    UltramassiveUbersue and Roary like this.
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    I am locking this thread because it is an outline rather than a story. When you have a story ready for posting, please contact a Fanfic mod and we can reopen this thread for you to post it.

Also, if any of the artwork you included came from a fellow fan rather than from an official Star Wars source, please be sure to cite your source and get their permission to post it here. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.