main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO The StLFF Off-Topic Thread v3.0: There is a Life Outside of SWs???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I think it's a good idea. If you're as wide as two people, you should pay for two people. I refuse to believe that being incredibly overweight is a disability. Unless, of course, they can provide proof that there is a medical reason for it. "Step away from the potato chips."

2. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    "Don S. Davis
    Gateworld.net has put together a very beautiful video tribute to Don S. Davis which currently has me in tears. I thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.gateworld.net/index.shtml"

I copied this from the dragoncon live journal site. Christina I know you were a fan. Its strange to think just two years ago I took a picture of you and him together.

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I know! I saw that the other night and just cried. He was a very nice person; very real and very friendly. I am so glad I got that picture with him. It now hangs with the one of me with Scotty from Star Trek... kind of bittersweet.

4. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    That's sad news! I don't like getting to the age when people who I'm a fan of are dying...

5. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    [face_flag]Happy 4th of July[face_flag]
    God Bless America

Glad to see you back on the board Danielle:cool:

6. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Day two is down. I can't wait till this week is done and I only have one job to go to. LOL

If anyone is interested, there is a event on Sunday at the Toy Show at the Machinist hall up north. PM me if you want more info...

7. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Oh...the stars are back. I thought they were done away with because it encourages some to spam the boards with useless, unnecessary posts. Nothing to worry about here...I'm WAY far away from the next milestone. By then I'll have been a member of the boards for 24 years or so. [face_laugh]

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I has a spiffy star! :cool:

9. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Hmm... I'm moderately close.

Commence SPAMMING!

10. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Haha! Actually, this could help a lot of the groups...like ours.o_O

11. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    How so? It'd make it actually seem like we're active?

12. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh no Jon, we actually try and get together as a group for meetings, but it usually ends up being just three or four of us. Oh I guess you are right with the seem. LOL!

13. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    So yeah. I just got dumped thanks to World of Warcraft.

I feel hella pathetic right now.

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You were playing World of Warcraft too much and she threw a fit about you never spending time with her?

You know, you should still go to DragonCon because you can meet all sorts of chicks that will be playing it right along with you. That's what I love about it...you finally get to mesh with people of your own niche.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Sorry to hear that Jon. You need to find someone who would enjoy playing as well; then you two could fight over the computer. lol

What we need is something to talk about to keep the four or five of us interested. LOL

16. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    [:D]

17. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Well if she dumped you because of that she was not the girl for you. Hang in there! You are a great guy and the right girl will come along. Or maybe alot of wrong ones to keep you occupied. LOL! :D

18. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    The ironic thing is it was the other way around. She played too much and I was the one that got pushed to the side for it. And when I tried to remind her that actually spending time with your SO is important for a healthy relationship, she called me "controlling and emotionally abusive". She just couldn't set the game aside.

Last weekend I took her to a musical in KC (50 minutes from here in Lawrence). She was 15 minutes late getting ready and had barely glanced at the map by the time we actually left because she was so busy playing. Then when we finally get there, she was so confused as to where it was (due to not having read the map) that she told me to park 2 miles away... 5 minutes before the show started. Then the whole time during the drive there and the intermission, she still couldn't set the game aside and was busy texting her guild mates.

How much unclassier can you get than ignoring your significant other and texting other guys on a fracking date.

19. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    I've been there... [:D]

Poor Jon, we just automatically assumed you were the hopeless nerd. Ah well, you'll bounce back. Hell, if I were a woman...well, probably not. But still, you're alright! :p

20. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Aw, but you're pretty enough as it is! ;)

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm so sorry! As Christian said, I just assumed that you were the bigger gaming nerd.:pIt seems to me that she needs to learn the meaning of the phrase "Everything in moderation". Don't worry. We all have to go through a lot of relationships that are "learning experiences" (some are more bitter to learn than others) before we meet someone special. Every time you will come away with more things to add to your list of "Things I want in a spouse" ...or don't want even. By the time you reach my age, dating will be pointless because the chance of finding someone who fulfills your requirements will be almost nil.[face_laugh] Would I sound jaded if I said that you have to go into every relationship completely expecting it to destroy you, but secretly hoping it won't?

*Hugs*

22. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    [:D] So sorry, Jon!

Anyone going to a midnight toy thing next weekend? I think that the Schulte family will be at the Toys R Us in South County (on Lindberg by the mall).

23. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I very well may be the bigger gaming nerd overall (I have way more games under my belt), but I just am mature enough to know how to set them aside.

Trouble is, this girl was something special. Unfortunately, a game turned things that were pretty insignificant problems into irreconcilable differences.

Don't I know. I've been there for several years already.

Yes.

Right now I just don't have expectations for relationships. I didn't with this one and was wonderfully surprised at how great it was. And even moreso how it fell apart.

PS: I'll be back in town the last 3 days of this month if anyone wants to get a drink. I could use it.

24. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
  25. chiss_man

Jul 1, 2002
    [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.