main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

The Story Adoption thread - Open for business! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by spiritgurl, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    Hate it when you see an unfinished story that seems to have been abandoned by its author?

Have a story that you no longer have the enthusiasm to finish? Or DRL just getting you down and causing you to have no choice but to cut down your fan fic writing time?

This is the place for you! :)

For those looking to hand over a story to someone else:
    just post here with the following information about your story:

Title: [ link=URL of story]Name of story[/link ]
    Author:
    Characters:
    Timeframe:
    Genre:
    Summary:
    Author's notes:

I will then list this information in an index below. You, the original author, have final say on who takes over the story, just let me know when that happens and I will move the fic to the "adopted" index below that.

For those who are interested in adopting a story: If interested, PM the author directly and apply. If you don't know the author very well you should give them an example of your writing and what you'd like to do with the story, should they agree to let you take it over. Upon approval, either you or the orginal author should notify me and I will move the listing to the adopted list, with the new author's name added, and a link to the continuation/repost of the story (if applicable).

sg

Unlocking and upping.

2. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    [hl=burlywood]STORIES UP FOR ADOPTION:[/hl]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20397785&replies=0]Extinction: Episode I-II [/link]
    Author: CherryLightsaber ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=1170677]Send PM[/link])
    Timeframe: Near the end of TPM ? AOTC
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Yoda, etc.
    Genre: Action
    Keywords: Extinction
    Summary: By merely saving his apprentice from death, Darth Sidious changes the course of history and the direction of the future.
    Author's Notes: Obi-Wan lovers, beware!

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/17033990/]Through the Eyes of a Master [/link]
    Author: JediMaster_Jen ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/pm_send.asp?usr=694662]Send PM[/link])
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos Renashaii, Kyan Skywalker, Ian Kenobi, Yoda, appearances by the entire cast of the NJO
    Timeframe: takes place both post-NJO and pre-JA
    Genre: AU, action, drama
    Summary: One man who was there recounts the story of two infants turned Jedi Knights that were supposed to save the galaxy.
    Author's notes: Just one thing--Xanatos never turned and never left the Jedi.

3. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    [hl=burlywood]ADOPTED STORIES:[/hl]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18853012]Aiding and Abetting [/link]
    Author(s): Arin_Atona
    Adopted by: DarthIshtar
    Timeframe: OT (sometime between ANH and ESB)
    Characters: Luke, Artoo, Tweak(OC), Lan-Hi(OC). Cameo appearances by: Han, Chewbacca, Darth Vader
    Genre: I'm not entirely sure what this is... or where it came from. Adventure/Humor is my best guess.
    Summary: An old spacer gets an unexpected visitor from one of the Empire's most wanted criminals.
    Notes: I typically don't like stories told from the first-person point-of-view, but this just materialized of its own accord.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/19694561/?264]Deception & Deceit I & II[/link]
    Author: darksideyesplease
    Adopted by: Juliet316
    Characters: Anakin/Vader, Empress Padme, Zanthos (OC), Obi Wan
    Timeframe: 4 years after AOTC, since ROTS really doesn't happen
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance, craziness
    Summary: Vader/Padme rule the galaxy, Zanthos has just kidnapped Padme, Obi Wan is freed by Anakin, and Anakin basically vows to return to the light if Obi Wan helps him get Padme back.
    Author's notes: whatever... just pm me if your interested i'm not making any promises tho.

4. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I guess I'll try this.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20397785&replies=0]Extinction: Episode I-II[/link]
    Author: CherryLightsaber
    Timeframe: Near the end of TPM ? AOTC
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Yoda, etc.
    Genre: Action
    Keywords: Extinction
    Summary: By merely saving his apprentice from death, Darth Sidious changes the course of history and the direction of the future.
    Author's Notes: Obi-Wan lovers, beware!

I'm suffering from a lack of motivation. Adopters will be thanked.

5. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    added. :)

sg

6. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    I'll put one up that the muse has abandoned me on...

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=18853012]Aiding and Abetting[/link]
    Author(s): Arin_Atona
    Timeframe: OT (sometime between ANH and ESB)
    Characters: Luke, Artoo, Tweak(OC), Lan-Hi(OC). Cameo appearances by: Han, Chewbacca, Darth Vader
    Genre: I'm not entirely sure what this is... or where it came from. Adventure/Humor is my best guess.
    Summary: An old spacer gets an unexpected visitor from one of the Empire's most wanted criminals.
    Notes: I typically don't like stories told from the first-person point-of-view, but this just materialized of its own accord.

/edit: Already claimed by DarthIshtar. [face_devil]

7. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    That was quick! :)

8. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/19694561/?264]Deception & Deceit I & II[/link]
    Author: darksideyesplease
    Characters: Anakin/Vader, Empress Padme, Zanthos (OC), Obi Wan
    Timeframe: 4 years after AOTC, since ROTS really doesn't happen
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance, craziness
    Summary: Vader/Padme rule the galaxy, Zanthos has just kidnapped Padme, Obi Wan is freed by Anakin, and Anakin basically vows to return to the light if Obi Wan helps him get Padme back.
    Author's notes: whatever... just pm me if your interested i'm not making any promises tho.

Adpoted by Juliet316

9. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    added :)

sg

10. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/19694561/?264]Deception & Deceit I & II[/link] by darksideyesplease has been adopted by Juliet316 :)

sg

edit: whoops sorry darksideyesplease, didn't see you post edit up there. I was just taking a peak at your thread and saw your note.

11. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    *bump!*

Anybody else want to have a go at it?

sg

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'll take a stab at this. I have a fic that I'm never gonna finish. Maybe someone else will.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/17033990/]Through the Eyes of a Master[/link]
    Author: JediMaster_Jen
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos Renashaii, Kyan Skywalker, Ian Kenobi, Yoda, appearances by the entire cast of the NJO
    Timeframe: takes place both post-NJO and pre-JA
    Genre: AU, action, drama
    Summary: One man who was there recounts the story of two infants turned Jedi Knights that were supposed to save the galaxy.

Author's notes: Just one thing--Xanatos never turned and never left the Jedi.

13. spiritgurl

Jul 6, 2003
    added :)

Anybody else game?

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Upping.

15. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yay, Thank you Roo for unlocking this! *goes to find those half-started stories that she's never going to finish*

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Title: [ link=URL of story]Lady Healer Shmi Skywalker[/link ] Mind if I get teh link later?
    Author: Me
    Characters: Shmi, Palpy, and OCs.
    Timeframe: BfTS
    Genre: action/general
    Summary: Shmi Skywalker was trained as a Jedi and is in trouble with the Order because nobody believes that she remained celibate according to their tradition when she was reported pregnant with Anakin after a near-fatal encounter with a former Padawan (a half-human girl)
    Author's notes: Can I take care of that one later?

17. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    I'll give this a shot

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20833107/?7]Father and Son Tale[/link]
    Author: Dahlia_Santary
    Characters: Luke, Anakin, H/L, Obi-wan, Palpy, Jedi, OC's
    Timeframe: Post-RotJ
    Genre: AU
    Summary: Minutes before the second Death Star was destroyed, Luke managed to get his father out alive. But still Anakin died of heart failure shortly after. But the redeemed Sith Lord still has much to accomplish in the galaxy before his time.
    Author's notes: none

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Title: A Fool's Hope
    Author: Darthishtar
    Characters: Leia, Han, Luke, Mara and the Star Wars cast of thousands of extras.
    Timeframe: Post-RotJ
    Genre: AU
    Summary: The strike team failed to take out the shield generator. Luke killed Vader and the Emperor and fled in terror of what he was becoming. Mara became the Empress. The Alliance fell apart and is being controlled by mercenary tactics. Enter our story. Leia and Mara are both pregnant and leaders of opposing nations, but Leia calls a cease-fire to preserve lives. That is, until she decides that she will not stand back and let her brother's child become a Sith, so she kidnaps him. You can imagine the rest.
    Author's notes: I adore this plot bunny, but I feel like I'm no longer doing it justice. I'd love to see it find a good home. Let me know if you're interested.

19. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Hi, Darth Ishtar,

That's a nice plot bunny, I hope it gets adopted soon. I would adopt it if no one else does, simply because it's such a good story, but I will probably be very busy during the summer, and my am looking for co authors for my own fic....

Bookmarking this thread, if no one else adopt it, I will ;)

20. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    DarthIshtar - I think it sounds fascinating. I hadn't seen this story before, so now I have to go read the entire thing instead of doing my homework ;) I find it hard to believe you haven't done it justice, however! You've written some beautiful stories in the past and I have every faith you can finish this one.

I'm the world's slowest writer, which means I'd make a poor adoptive parent. If you change your mind and want a coauthor or even just a brainstorming friend, though, let me know ;)

Kaylle

21. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    Y'know, I was wondering about this very thing a few days ago. Good to see someone has acted on it. Sometimes there are stories around here where I go, "Man! That would have been sweet...if they'd have finished it."

One question, though: what about all those long-abandoned stories over in the Fan Fiction Classic board, where the author has been inactive forever? I think a few months ago I was perusing that board's depths and found a real gem that never got past the second chapter. I know I could never do it justice myself, but what about other stories, where I think I could? What would we do about that? How would that even work? Is it cool to just pick up a user's story without their permission, if they're permanently unavailable to give it?

When I started writing this post, it seemed like a perfectly innocent thing, but the more I think about it the touchier it gets. [face_worried]

22. boady22

boady22 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 24, 2003
    I've got one.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=22228237&brd=10476&replies=47]Rebellion[/link]
    Author: Boady22
    Characters: Bail Organa, Jan Dodonna, Obi-wan, Yoda, Vader, Plapatine, Kane Starkiller, Usby Thabe, Tremayne, General Lettow, many others
    Timeframe: Post ROTS
    Genre: Action alot of OC work.
    Summary: Follow the people who rejected the Empire and formed the Rebel Alliance
    Author's notes: It was a good idea and I had a solid fan base at the start, but eventually I lost my readers. Its pretty simple if I have no one interested I do not write on it. If someone wants to take it over cool. Or if someone wants to do a co-author thing its cool too. Either best of luck!!!

Sorry for all the edits, I'm no good at this link posting thing.

23. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Here's one up for adoption.

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/22667757/p1/?24]Star Wars VII: A New Dream[/link]
    Author: Eleventh Guard
    Characters: Allana, Jaina, Jacen, Lumiya, Zamon Fel (OC), Threepio, Artoo, others
    Timeframe: 53-54 ABY
    Genre: Space opera. :p
    Summary: Like A New Hope, but with different characters in the old ANH roles. Allana = Luke, Jaina = Obi-Wan, Jacen = Vader, Lumiya = Palpatine, Jag = Bail, Zamon = Leia, and so on and so forth. The droids are as themselves.
    Author's notes: I got 5 chapters into this and ran out of steam. I like the idea, but I posted without really thinking through what would happen, and I don't know where the story is going to end up nor how to get to there from here, other than following the original script. So I offer up this story in case someone else would like to play with it.

24. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Here's A few, may this story thrive in another authors hands...

Title:[link=http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/21276991/?0]Trial of the Younglings[/link]
    Author: Aiden_Sanic
    Characters: Vader, Younglings, and some Oc's along the way
    Timeframe: Episode III and beyond
    Genre: Action, suspense
    Summary: This is an AU. What would happen if the younglings had survived the temple attack?
    Authors Notes: I really hate to leave an unfinished fic, but I just don't have the time, and unfortunatley the enthusiasm. But Please [hl=black]SEND ME A PM IF YOUR INTERESTED.[/hl]

Title: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/23272258/p1/?2] Dawn of the Jawas[/link]
    Author: Aiden_Sanic
    Characters: Jawa's, OC's
    Timeframe: Between Episode II and III
    Genre: Horror/Comedy ( Sort of )
    Summary: Summary: On a typical Tatooine Morning, aliens throughout the planet, find themselves slaughtered and killed by the next greatest evil since Ewoks..... JAWAS!
    Notes: Think of Dawn of the Dead + Starwars + Jawas = THIS

Additional Note: [hl=black]SEND ME A PM IF YOUR INTERESTED.[/hl]

25. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    1Yodimus_Prime, I can't speak for others, and admittedly my experience in this fandom is limited, but for myself and in the other fandoms I'm active in, you can't finish other people's stories without permission. As a writer, I would consider that a huge offense. I know it's hard to accept that some stories will never be finished, but it's still the creation of someone else and they ought to have control over what happens to it. (Of course, the same could be said for all fanfic everywhere ;), but the general consensus I've seen is that you can borrow elements from your betters, ie George Lucas, but not from your peers, ie other fan writers.)

On the other hand, if you contact the writer(s) in question they might be perfectly happy to let you finish the story. But you should definitely ask first.

Kaylle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.