main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends The Stuff In Between - "drabbles" [Not MMM, but mushy anyway]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Khalia Octa, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Bringer of Truth to EUC star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 23, 2018
    Title: The Stuff In Between
    Author: Khalia Octa
    Genre: Drabbles, mush?
    Characters: Legends Characters (for now at least) & OCs
    Synopsis: Just some longer than usual drabbles that I wrote for practice, mostly legends characters, just the in between stuff we rarely get in books ;)
    Note: Not exactly drabbles, but not short stories either ;) First time I've posted anything here, so would love some feedback on how they are and what I can improve on. :)

----------
    Ben & Vestara - Lost

They were lost. Again. And of course she had to be lost with the one and only Ben Skywalker.

“I think we go left here…”

Vestara groaned at his comment. Ben wasn’t the most terrific navigator - in fact he’d gotten them lost in the first place. “Are you sure?”

“Yes! Now come on!”

The Jedi and Sith turned down the corner. A few metres ahead the path dropped off into the face of a cliff. A look of disappointment clouded Ben’s face.

“Awhh, Sithspawn! I was so sure!!”

“Being sure doesn’t change anything, Ben. Besides, it’s your “sureness” that got us here in the first place.”

The Sith Apprentice rolled her brown eyes, trying to get annoyed at Ben’s handsome face, but failing. What could she say? It was hard to get annoyed at someone so good-looking and funny and skilled and--

Shut up you kriffing emotions. I don’t want to like him; I don’t even want to be with him.

But she let him keep navigating anyway.

----------

Mara & Luke - First Steps

A soft chime tore Luke’s attention from the holonews. He got up from the couch and walked over to the source of the interruption, his datapad. Picking it up, he read the notification and smiled to himself.

“Honey, more holos of Ben!”

Luke felt Mara’s presence in the Force, a flood of joy erupting from her. Mara’s joy burst into his aura, a sense of warmness tingling in his veins.

“Well?” Mara replied, trying to hide her excitement, “Are you gonna show me them or what?”

He grinned at her and sat beside her on the couch. He played through the holos, beaming at his son’s face and listening to Mara’s quiet endearments.

“There’s one more, it’s a vid,” he said. Luke played recording. It showed Ben crawling, then slowly standing up. Luke held his breath. The little toddler stumbled on his two feet, arms held wide and face plastered with a big grin.

Luke felt a pang of sadness from Mara’s presence, though quickly suppressed, hidden from prying minds. He smiled softly at her in understanding and wrapped his arms around her body, drawing her in closer and sharing his warmth.

Mara let Luke’s warmth seep into her strong presence, his love comforting her sorrow, and wrapped her arms around his, leaning into his body.

----------

Teliki & Valence (OCs) - Flickers

The dinner had been nice, the food serving its purpose and soothing her appetite. Their small talk had been awkward, both not quite fully trusting of the other.

So why was she feeling flutters in her chest? Her face flushing whenever his hands had touched her dark skin? This wasn’t what she’d wished for.

Why couldn’t jobs just run smoothly like they had before her death?

Valence tossed and turned in the covers of her bed, thoughts swirling around her head like an out of control hurricane.

Yes, every since that day---no. Her thoughts had wandered too far. She aggressively quashed them into the depths of her mind, closing them down in the darkness.

She didn’t want the fairytale ending, the happily ever after. She couldn’t love someone on the other side. He would be heartbroken when she did it...when she left.

Valence expelled a breath she didn’t know she was holding.

I will not fall in love with Teliki Stadd. He doesn’t deserve a betrayer like me. Just…….please don’t fall in love with me…

Kahara and Vek Talis like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Had a chuckle over Ben/Vestara being "Lost" and her insisting that she doesn't want to like him, too late. ;) SQUEEEEE over Luke/Mara -- beautiful details of their joy mixed with sorrow and mutual comfort. [face_love]

Vek Talis, brodiew and Khalia Octa like this.
  3. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2018
    Very good. I liked the OCs very much, but they were all good, all in character. Except I'm not a good judge of characterization for the characters I didn't know, of course. :p

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hello @Khalia Octa! Excellent short series of ficlets! What a breath fo fresh air to read about Ben and Vistara! =D= [:D] [face_dancing]Vistara and Ben were in denial for a while. Mara and Luke were fun, but Valence's narration is sadly tragic. Nice variety here. well done.