main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph (The) Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Community' started by BigAl6ft6, Jul 13, 2015.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    better quality photos herein:

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/new-suicide-squad-images-killer-croc-amanda-waller/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I love this damn shot, favourite bit in the trailer too)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For all the hootin and hollerin about Leto's Joker, I think he's gonna be awesome mostly because it's really difficult to do a BAD Joker performance.You get more great than not. They're all good in their own way from Cesar Romero to Jack Nicholson to Mark Hamill to Heath Ledger to even Michael Emmerson (in Dark Knight Returns animated, freakin fatastic) and John DiMaggio (Under the Red Hood - Also fantastic!) Leto will be awesome but the character is awesome anyway.

2. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Despite being absolutely creeped out by the trailer, i'm growing to look forward as I learn more about this film.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    the fact the trailer is legit creepy I think is a selling point. Ayer does not make movies about happy people! (Well, okay the guys in End of Watch were KINDA happy, sorta, at points). While Grimdarking Superman I think is a bit of an odd choice, I'm totally fine with this movie going down a nihilistic rabbit hole, that would fit.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Not for me. Dark Knight is one of my favourite films despite some creepy characters, but that was more about oblique motivation and dual identity. Suicide Squad just looks like it wants to kick your door in, spray blood in your living room, light a pile of cannabis square in the middle of the room and staple your cat to the TV.

I'm warming to it.

Rogue1-and-a-half and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    For me, Viola Davis as the Wall is the highlight along with the live action debut of Harley Quinn which looks amazing so far. The rest I could care less about- including Leto's Joker.

6. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Saw some of the cast talking about their characters. Apparently Slipknot likes to assume he was captured strangling Wonder Woman. Kind of doubt that... not that familiar with the character but I feel that would be like Condiment King bragging about beating Batman.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Is this subtitle really appropriate? In the trailer, Will Smith talks about saving the world. Why are you guys trying to downplay the main theme of the film.

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, I like that image of Cara Delevingne. She totally fits the grim, filthy tone the trailer set. I have to say, I'm starting to get legit excited for this. God knows I'm a DCU skeptic and I have plenty of reasons to be. But everything I see from this movie just makes it look better and better.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I've been excited about this film when it was announced that Harley Quinn was part of the Suicide Squad; moreso that Margot Robbie is playing the character.

I'm not surprised that this film will be rated PG-13 and really don't see a need for it to be R-Rated. I think DC/WB want this film to be accessible to the majority of the mainstream audience, especially since the film will be featuring Batman (even though it maybe be a small clip or cameo). I don't imagine Suicide Squad being a one-shot film, but a trilogy.

I expect another trailer for the film to hit by the time Batman v. Superman is released.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yes, because bad guys can do good things. The question is if they will do so willingly, or will be forced to do so. In the comics, Lex is evil, but he will save the world when it is appropriate because he sees himself as being a good guy. And any opportunity to outshine Superman, he'll take. Case in point, he fought alongside Earth's heroes during the first Crisis. He helped stop Brainiac from shrinking Metropolis during "Panic In The Sky", made a deal with Brainiac 13 to give up his daughter who was host to Brainiac, in exchange for the B13 technology which all resulted in his becoming President, as shown in "Y2K". He allied with Darkseid and Earth's heroes against Imperiex during "Our World's At War". Lead his Superman Revenge Squad against Zod's forces, while working alongside Superman and Earth's heroes in "Last Son". Helped construct the Miracle Machine which ended Darkseid's reign in "Final Crisis".

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    They aren't nice people, "worst of the worst" is the line in the trailer so, yeah, "bad people doing stuff". Possibly good stuff, possibly bad stuff, probably both in the end. But bad people. Killers and the lot, etc. Even Killer Crocs!

Anyway, I don't think the movie *needs* to be R-rated and it was unlikely, I'm just considering Ayer's output and the tone of the trailer as it coulda been a possibility. Let's just say, if any of the announced DCCU flicks could have hit that level, I'd have weighted it slightly more for this one.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I mean there are several things that just look wrong [face_sigh], but the Captain Boomerang look they went with alone will keep me from this movie.

Poe loves Rey likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, because this...

[​IMG]

is so much better.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    New released poster for Suicide Squad:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Nice that they put Amanda Waller on the poster. I think the plot of the movie will be taking down the Joker.

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Jai ****ing Courtney better not ruin this for me.

20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Looks like they're sticking more or less to the new 52 origin story. Hopefully, this film won't butcher the comics.

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Actually yep even that look is better than trailer park criminal down on his luck. Alternative here are a few ideas ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So many people, sure most will probably be dead before the movie is even an hour in, but halving the number might have been a good idea.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    You do know that the film version is essentially the same as the comic outfit? Both are wearing coats, both have boomerangs on them.

[​IMG]

The only difference is the writing on the shirt.

23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Plus the colour, the stupid gold chain, no gloves (really bad idea btw. considering what his abilty is), that he is not actually wear a zip vest but what looks like a high school sport jacket, also no scarf nor the iconic hat. Also sorry his expression is either him having the worst allergic reaction ever or some really bad trip. [face_dunno] Plus why the beard! WHY!

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Looks more like mutton chops connected by a mustache. So still pretty close to his regular depiction.

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    It'd be better if he had a big ol' bald spot he covered up with a lame hat.