main
side
curve
  1. Happy Halloween

Greetings Guest, Happy All Hallow’s Eve!

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Awards & Contests The Summer RPF Awards - Voting open to Saturday 8th of August 2020 at Midnight CET.

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2003
    This was very tough for me, but in the end, here are my nominations at last. Fashionably late. ;)

Best Role Player ~ @galactic-vagabond422 He's deserved this award much sooner. What he can do with his characters has been consistently elite quality throughout the years of the RPF and it's high time he's recognized for it.

Best GM ~ @greyjedi125 A legend among GMs and none can persuade me otherwise. Just peruse his game history and stack those GM accomplishments high. It'll be a mountain, I'm sure.

Best Star Wars Game ~ Episode X: End of Harmony An amazing game that I haven't been part of for very long, but already getting a powerful scene in a very cinematically created storytelling format. Hats off to you @LordTroepfchen!

Best Non-Star Wars Game ~ The Yakuza: Territory War by @Master Vo'Un'Var. This game has great quality right from the start and its potential is spine-tingling good. Keep it up, my friend!

Best Post by a Role Player ~ This one took me a long time to decide. There's just so much. But in the end, I decided on a post or rather, an update in Marvel: A New Breed by, once again, The great @greyjedi125! The scene that changed everything.

Most Entertaining GM ~ @The Jedi in the Pumas His wit, tempo of updates, and overall style of humor, professionalism, and keeping all engaged gets him here.

Most Educational Member of the RPF ~ @greyjedi125 Not trying to be a broken record here, but yeah. Look at the history. If you guys only knew what he knew, especially regarding Marvel. Heck, if only I knew what he knew! :p

Most Frightening Character ~ Rumi the Sandbender from Things We Lost in the Fire created by @The Jedi in the Pumas. He tries so hard to be good, but the kid's a bomb ready to go off and when he does...it won't be pretty. Too young to have so much power.

Most Humorous Character ~ The Jam from Genesis Gate. Once again played by @The Jedi in the Pumas. I'm pretty sure he IS the game's humor at this point in time. Every word that comes out of that orc's mouth is just pure gold. It's been fun having the big name NPC's react to him.

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character ~ Daken Akihiro from Marvel: A New Breed. Played by the great @darthbernael. He's perfectly captured the essence of Daken. It feels like I'm reading him written by Daniel Way (the original creator of the character)!

Most Impressive NPC in a Game ~ Ryutaro Himura from The Yakuza: Territory War. His little 'Welcome to the Yakuza' scene with @greyjedi125's Kenshi was amazing. @Master Vo'Un'Var captured the feeling of a Yakuza Oyabun perfectly. Can't wait to see more of him.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    "Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @Kurisan They're rather new to the RPF but they jumped in with both feet and took the place by storm, even GMing a game almost right out of the gate.
    Best GM: @Trieste The commissioner supreme of the ELL, the steady hand that has kept the scores coming out weekly and keeping this little world spinning. Also for letting me branch out with my storytelling.
    Best Star Wars Game: Elite League Limmie The game that got me back into RPing and I have never looked back since.
    Best Non-Star Wars Game: Marvel Heroes: New Breed This game lets me play two characters that I created in high school and have loved. This game gives me a world to let them run wild in and do what they do best. Scenery chewing heroics and over dramatic tension.
    Best Post by a Roleplayer (please quote the post): N/A

"Most" Awards:

Most Entertaining GM: @The Jedi in the Pumas
    Most Educational Member of the RPF: @Sinrebirth
    Most Frightening Character : Darth Zorn by @LordTroepfchen He destroyed my character's planet, she hasn't forgotten.
    Most Humorous Character: Jam @The Jedi in the Pumas CAN YOU SMELL WHAT JAM IS COOKING.
    Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character
    Most impressive NPC in a game: Harley "Wild Card" Quin Impressive in the fact that she is an NPC in a @Bardan_Jusik game and she is still alive.

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I’m gonna make some nominations for folks and games that haven’t been mentioned yet, but absolutely deserve to be.

Best Roleplayer: @Mistress_Renata. Her posts are just a joy to read, from her prose to the meticulous details within. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed her work as Lizzy Brewer, a Native American woman returning to her childhood home in Blood Moon Gulch, and now as Delfina in The Calm Before the Storm.

Best Star Wars Game: The Last Cop in the Galaxy. A small, slow burn supernatural crime drama, and The Jedi in the Puma’s underappreciated gem. I can’t wait to see where it goes, no matter how long it takes us to get there.

Best Non-Star Wars Game: The Strange Case of Ethan Carter. @Sir_Draco has begun to weave a mystery that I’m anxious to see unfold, and it’s given me an opportunity to play Tom Hardy as Dr. Watson, which has been a joy thus far.

Most Educational Member of the RPF: @Imperial_Hammer. Even if you ignore his illustrious history in the RPF, just look at the work he’s doing in these Resource Forums and it’s tough to argue with his merit for this award. The RPF is a better place when he’s in it.

Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: @LordTroepfchen’s portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in The Strange Case of Ethan Carter has been a lot of fun to interact with in the brief time we’ve had thus far. Great portrayal.

Most impressive NPC in a game: Mr. Know-It-All in The Last Cop in the Galaxy. I love this dude, and I want more of him. Eerily compelling. Another of @The Jedi in the Pumas’ fine creations.

4. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    (Not many nominations, but I felt I should put something in here)

"Best" Awards:

Best Roleplayer: @greyjedi125 really stood out for me playing as Pro-XE in Fall of Elyseum, as well as Manticore in Dark Reach.
    Best Star Wars Game: The Fall of Elyseum, by @LordTroepfchen

"Most" Awards:
    Most Educational Memeber: @Sith-I-5
    Most Frightening Character: @darthbernael as Darth Bernael, both in Twilight and Dark Reach *shudder*
    Most Humorous Character: THE GREAT AND ILLUSTRIOUS JAM by @The Jedi in the Pumas in Genesis Gate

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Curator: Art&RPF | Oceania RSA | CR NSW star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    This had been agonisingly difficult to choose from amongst multiple favourites.. which is unfortunately why some slots are left blank.

"Best" Awards:

Best GM: @Bardan_Jusik for the Black Sheep
    Best Star Wars Game: Star Wars: Star Wars: Black Sheep

"Most" Awards:

Most Educational Member of the RPF: @Imperial_Hammer
    Most Humorous Character: Kayn Balzroth, played by @Sarge,
    Most Accurate Portrayal of a Canon Character: Anakin Skywalker, played by @pashatemur

6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Did I mention the deadlines are all Central European Time, because so is the Host? Well, NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Phenomenal participation, underlining once more we got a Golden Summer 2020 right now!

Gonna count the nominations now and then we go to the voting soon.

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    LADIES, GENTLEMEN, many people have been nominated and we had a terrific participation this year. Thanks to everyone! But not everybody can make it into the voting stage, so without further ado, here are our Nominees!

The Nominees are . . .

BEST AWARDS

Best Roleplayer

@galactic-vagabond422
    @greyjedi125
    @Ktala

Best GM

@LordTroepfchen
    @greyjedi125
    @Trieste

Best Star Wars Game

Fall of Elyseum/Episode X - The End of Harmony
    Elite League Limmie
    10 ABY: Fringe Elements and the Perseverance of the First Order

Note: Considering the nature of Fall of Elyseum and Episode X as prologue and main game we have decided to count them together and not as separate games.

Best Non-SW Game

Marvel Heroes: A New Breed
    The Seeking
    Things we lost in the fire

Best Post

Justin Pfeiffer in The Seeking by @Sir_Draco

Justin Pfeiffer
    His flat, Zürich

He spend the night drinking and smoking cigars. Quitting smoking had been the hardest part, he felt. The hardest part of them all.

He remembered. He remembered so clearly.

The green. The loneliness. Julia. He smiled and took a sip from his Whisky.

Finally he went to his LapTop and opened the document he had been working on. He could hardly rely on Saori Nishimura, the woman who seemed so badly out of her water. He regretted having called her. She would have deserved to be left in the dark. The Source had shoved her into the deepest depth of this muddy pond that was the world.

Save the Cheerleader, save the world.

He laughed. As if it was that easy.
    With shaky legs he went over to his bedroom and opened the cabinet doors. He stumbled inside and looked at the giant artwork, ripped from a wall in Berlin and integrated into his flat.

The Archangel.

The final piece of LEGO.

„Oh what a joke.“ He said and fell to his knees. He went to his bed, downing what remained of his whisky and looked at the picture. „Seriously, what did you get me here for, hm? What the hell was I meant to do? Watch it all happen again? Hell, you picked the wrong guy, really. I am not gonna sit around in my luxury suite and do that. No. If you hide, so be it. I will go to war alone.“

He got up and went to his laptop. He had worked on implementing the marketing tool all night, but finally he had it. Sending the message, it was send two twitter, a thousand facebook accounts, blogs, message services, push passages and every channel he found. The message was simple.

TO ALL GIFTED. THEY ARE GONNA TAKE YOUR GIFTS!

He smiled, let his neck crack. The message was anonymous, but sooner or later someone would follow it to him and then he would be in trouble. Did not matter. If trouble did not find him, he was ready to go after trouble.

Berlin. Flight in the morning.

The Jam in Genesis Gate by @The Jedi in the Pumas

Jam had been drunk before. This didn't feel like being drunk.

He stood.

Bones aching and his skin sore. He was hungry.

And there was some man asking them for introductions. Them?? Oh. The other people there. Jam did not approve of any of them. Something about how tiny they were. It bothered him.

He looked at the man and shouted.

"THE NAME IS JAM. THE JAM. CONQUEROR OF..." He couldn't remember. The words had come out of the Jam's mouth by muscle, instinctive memory, but he had no thought behind it. He'd try again.

"MY NAME IS JAM... THE JAM OF..." Nope... Still nothing. Jam was confused now and he hated being confused. Right? Most beings didn't like being confused.

Jam scratched his head.

"THE JAM DOESN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE IS CONQUEROR OF... BUT THE JAM DOESN'T NEED TO REMEMBER. WHAT THE JAM NEEDS IS ANSWERS"

Jiao Yuan in Yakuza by @galactic-vagabond422

Jiao Yuan
    Yuan Family Tea House, Lower Ring

Even as everything was happening around them Jiao did not let go of her brother. Water whips were thrown, unrestrained fireballs were let loose but she never let go. She didn't know when or if she would see the rest of her family, this was the final time, she wasn't going to miss a moment. With her brother's hands bound all he could do was brush his cheek against hers, the stubble of a week old beard rubbed against her skin.

"I know Jiao." His voice cracked under the emotion welling in his chest. "I'm glad we got this moment."

"I'm not...I'm not letting go…"

"You have to sis...I don't want you getting involved in this."

"You've done nothing wrong." She could feel his tears soaking into the fabric of his blindfold. "Nothing..." Her voice was nearly gone, broken under the immense pain in her heart.

"They will paint you with the same brush. We can't lose you." Feng pressed his chin into her shoulder letting out a shaking breath.

"We…"

"I love you sis…" Her brother spoke his voice barely above a whisper with all the noise and chaos of conflict.

"I love you…" She replied her chest heaving with sobs.

"Tell mom I love her too…"

"I...will…" Jiao held to Feng tighter, as tight as she could but she could feel her strength fading.

"You have to go now."

"No, Feng I won't."

"Jiao please…"

"No...No…" She held on with all that she had only to feel her brother duck his head to escape her grasp. "No...please."

"I'm sorry." Where the last words Feng said before he slammed his shoulder into Jiao's chest sending her sprawling out of the dome of sand that protected them. As she tumbled sand got into her eyes, blinding her.

"Feng…" She cried out as she tried to rub her eyes, to try and clear them. "FENG!…" Her scream came from the pit of her sadness, from the deepest parts of her soul as she blindly tried to crawl back to her brother, to steal just one more moment with him.

Most Awards

Most Entertaining GM

@The Jedi in the Pumas
    @LordTroepfchen
    @The Admiral

Most Educational Member of the RPF

@Sinrebirth
    @SirakRomar
    @adaml83

Most Frightening Character

Bernael by @darthbernael in Twilight of the Force II: A Father’s Fate
    Juan the Spaniard
    by @Lawbreaker in The Seeking
    Darth Zorn
    by @LordTroepfchen in Twilight of the Force II: A Father‘s Fate

Most Humorous Character

The Jam by @The Jedi in the Pumas in Genesis Gate
    Mary Formal
    by @Sith-I-5 in in all my dreams i DROWN
    Saori Nishimura
    by @Kurisan in The Seeking

Best Canon Character

Yoda by @Sinrebirth in The Last Epitaph
    Han Solo
    by @Lawbreaker in Twilight of the Force II: A Father’s Fate
    Sherlock Holmes
    by @LordTroepfchen in The Strange Case of Ethan Carter

Most Impressive NPC

Canos Zoren from Episode X - The End of Harmony
    Abaddon
    from 10 ABY: Fringe Elements and the Perseverance of the First Order
    Agent Blut
    from Black Sheep

VOTING IS NOW OPEN! ALL VOTES AS A PM TO ME, PLEASE! Voting Stage will end Saturday 8th of August 2020 at Midnight CET.

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Queen star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 9 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  10. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    [​IMG]

*A deserving Sinre voting for himself for Most Educational Member

:p

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ha! I don't tend to vote for myself.

12. darthbernael

darthbernael Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2019
    Voted

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Voted.
    Good luck everyone!

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  14. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2017
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  16. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Voted.

*sighs*

My only regret is not voting more. :( :(

17. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
  18. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Ladies, Gentlemen? It‘s a wrap!

Voting is closed now and I will now count the votes and you can expect the results soon!

Thanks everybody for nominating and participating!

20. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Counting and double check done . . . DRUMS!

21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    WHO THE HELL IS DRUMS?

HOW DID HE WIN EVERYTHING??

22. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Jedi Master star 3

Jun 26, 2017
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Congratulations to DRUMS!

Best user ever.

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    First my thanks for everyone who participated, nominated, voted! Really great number of you were on board and it was a pleasure and quite a thrill to see those votes come in. Thanks to all of you!

Ladies . . . Gentlemen . . . without further ado . . .

We had a few head-to-head races, but finally these are the results in and

THE WINNERS of the SUMMER AWARD 2020 ARE . . .

BEST AWARDS:

Best Roleplayer

@galactic-vagabond422

Best GM

@LordTroepfchen

Best Star Wars Game

Fall of Elyseum/Episode X - The End of Harmony

Best Non-SW Game

Marvel Heroes: A New Breed

Best Post by a Roleplayer

Justin Pfeiffer in The Seeking

... and then of course the ‚„most“ Awards . . .

The „Most“ Awards:

Most Entertaining GM

@The Jedi in the Pumas

Most Educational Member of the RPF

@SirakRomar

Most Frightening Character

Juan the Spaniard by @Lawbreaker in The Seeking

Most Humorous Character

The Jam by @The Jedi in the Pumas in Genesis Gate

Most Accurate Portrayal Of A Canon Character
    ... we got a tie here and therefore two winners!

Han Solo by @Lawbreaker in Twilight of the Force II: A Father’s Fate
    AND
    Sherlock Holmes by @LordTroepfchen in The Strange Case of Ethan Carter

Most Impressive NPC

Canos Zoren from Episode X - The End of Harmony

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS!

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    clap clap clap

greyjedi125 likes this.