main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Supernatural Force (The Ones, Priestesses, Magiks etc.)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Meeko Ghintee, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Good, because what he says should have to be backed up by official media in order to be canon. I consider all the twitter chatter to be opinion driven. I doubt even Lucas or Filoni would define the most powerful Force sensitive being - that's left to the viewers own speculation, otherwise they'd deify a single character.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Its just his private opinions, after all its his private Twitter account, not a company one. That said, he does have insider info and is part of story development for future productions, so... :)

RaptorMusic likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

They had used those symbols before for Talzin's pyramid:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    All this proves is that Dave Filoni is lazy and reuses concepts and designs. [removed]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  5. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Lazy? Rebels and especially CW, had some of the most visually appealing animation...ever. There are connections between Dathomir, the Great Mother, Mortis and The Ones. The Book of Sith details some of it, but there is more to be explored.

6. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Well, the Nightsisters worshipped the Son and the Daughter as gods in legends and maybe in canon as well. Maybe Sheev learned of the WBW from Talzin.[face_thinking]

RaptorMusic likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I just saw the Loth-wolves. I'm in love.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Disrespectful slights against LFL officials are absolutely intolerable, @Vialco. Mind your attitude when discussing VIPs in the future- don't cross over into bashing territory.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  9. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    It's not lazy, it's poetry.

RaptorMusic and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I really hope we see more of the Ones.

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I'd like to see them again if we go back in time, but I think they're permanently dead, minus Morai, who seems to be a reincarnation of the Daughter. I doubt they all reincarnated otherwise Filoni would have hinted at it.
    Theory: the Ones cannot become force ghosts because the Father isolated them from the rest of the Galaxy. The Daughter has transcended because the way she went out was unique. Part of her is now Ahsoka, who is certifiably not dead, so the rest of The Daughter cannot simply become one with the force. The rest of her appears as Morai, who now watches over Ahsoka. Once Ahsoka dies (if she can, at this point - I wouldn't put it past Filoni to use that moment on Mortis to make her immortal) the Daughter will pass as well.
    Going further, the fact that the Daughter lives on in some form is the theological reason why Luke, the light side, is able to triumph over the sith, the dark side. If Ahsoka, and by extension Morai/The Daughter, were to somehow die inbetween the OT and ST, that would reset the board and pave the way for mopey Luke and the rise of Snoke.
    If The Daughter were not alive in some form, Luke, along with both Vader and Sidious, would have been all wiped out in the DS2 explosion, bringing the force back into balance. Luke, however, survives.
    This might cheapen Luke's heroic journey to some, but it's just another way of looking at it for me. It's all fiction, so some sort of higher power (that's what the force is anyway) influencing it all is no big deal.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Morai should invoke this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moirai

The Crimson Dawn symbolism is very much related to astronomy and zodiac occult sorta stuff. Then toss in all the Sith related artifacts amongst Vos's collection and then above and beyond him, Maul. Very interesting possibilities. Even the Crimson Dawn symbol is inline with Mortis' yin and yang motifs as well.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Ewok Poet and Darth_Accipiter like this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  14. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Huh...so "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" meets The Mortis Trilogy? Certainly wouldn't be a rehash of A New Hope. Sounds a bit too trippy for me though

15. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I really don't like the idea of the Whills as a race of gods who are still around, controlling everything. And of course the force being rationalized is something few of us would want. One reason to be thankful George isn't in charge anymore, I suppose.
    I wouldn't mind if they were going to be like the Watchers from Marvel, covertly observing the galaxy and recording the significant events.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Lucas had a timeline in mind for all these things. I find it interesting that the opening narration of "Overlords" says that Mortis sent out the same signal 2000 years ago, the same date that the TPM novelization gives for the formation of the Sith. The Legends EU acknoledged this by suggesting that Phanius (the name the EU gave to the character that Lucas meant to have founded the Sith) met the Mortis trio.

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Gosh I really wish we could have seen this.

18. Mother_Talzin

Aug 23, 2014
    Sounds interesting but if the Whills were explored in that way, and they were controlling the universe, it would make the Skywalker saga less significant in my opinion. I don't think the SW universe needs puppet masters controlling the destiny of the heroes / villains of the saga.

19. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I wonder how much of this stuff will eventually find its way into the new canon. I mean, certainly in going over Mortis this kind of stuff was discussed with Filoni. Or I bet other people like Hidalgo are aware of it. I wonder how much they will try to keep some of these...out there...ideas alive. I mean, its not my cup of tea that Star Wars has microscopic gods that control everything as it makes the actions of characters rather inconsequential. But if it was fundamental enough to the cosmology of his GFFA to merit inclusion in his version of the Sequel Trilogy, might be hard to ignore. Then again, I always take Lucas's words with a grain of salt. The whole idea that he had everything planned out never gelled well with what I saw on screen ("from a certain point of view" retcon, retroactively incestuous twin romance etc etc).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    You could cure the gluten microbiotic Whills with a doss or injections of probiotic midiclorians on a non GMO diet.

Despite being midly interesting but also equally pretty absurd, that idea or whatever that may or may not of existed by the time he sold or pitched to Disney for the Whills was horrible. Coupled with supposedly he wanted a child cast representing the children of Leia and Han, but supposedly older than Lloyd's Anakin, was kinda scary.;)

The Force should've always remained mystical and supernatural, like what was kept in Rogue One.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Meeko Ghintee likes this.
  21. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Medievalgirl11

Medievalgirl11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2020

The problem is that The Force was originally defined as "an energy field". An energy field, by its very definition cannot be good or evil, cannot be moral or immoral. It just is.

In the original trilogy we literally had a situation where things were so simplistic that the "goodies" dressed in white and the "baddies" in black. It was a simplistic moral tale for children.

However, Star Wars began to change and develop over time, even in the course of the original trilogy when we were led to question whether some characters were totally evil, or had always been evil and even some of the "good guys" do questionable things. Later movies like Rogue One began to realistically depict the messy and ambiguous nature of war, in which the people fighting for "the good guys" do things that are wrong, like engaging in acts of terrorism and killing civilians, or their friends just for being afraid.

So I think its entirely justifiable that the idea of the Force has began to change and develop too. Even Lucas now talks about light and dark within each person.

23. Medievalgirl11

Medievalgirl11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2020
    Yes, exactly. A mystical energy field cannot be good or evil, and it leads to the belief that evil is determined by affiliation or simple belief. Once we start determining people as evil for believing certain things or just being associated with a certain group, well I think its getting dangerous.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi @Medievalgirl1 welcome to the boards! Please do not post more than once in a row in a given thread. Use either the Edit button or the +Quote button to reply to multiple posts at once.

25. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Didn't know we had a thread on these concepts; this is good to know, as these ideas presented by Lucas and Filoni in TCW and Rebels are some of my favorite additions to Star Wars since the the original six films concluded.

This is worth dropping in this thread, I feel:

I also have a feeling that the upcoming Kenobi series will likely delve into some of these elements, as I would imagine that we will be witnessing him on a sort of spiritual journey - we know from the end of RotS that Obi-Wan has a lot of learning ahead of him, if he is to achieve the ability to retain himself after death (which we, of course, know that he succeeds in). The closest point of reference that we have to this sort of journey is Yoda's arc at the end of TCW season six, in which he first learns about retaining himself, although I would imagine that for Obi-Wan it will be more introspective and will all happen on Tatooine rather than send him physically to places like Moraband.

That being said, I do believe that there is a lot of room for Obi-Wan to do some "mental" traveling via the World Between Worlds. We know that Yoda was able to read out to Ezra early on in Rebels via the WBW (so Lothal's temple isn't the only way in), before we as an audience (or Ezra as a character, for that matter) had any idea what the WBW even was.

Visually, I see a lot of similarities in the depiction of the World Between Worlds and the environment in which Yoda interacts with the Force Priestesses, and his encounter with the Priestesses is of course instrumental in learning how to retain his sense of self after dying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Obviously nothing about this is confirmed, but I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that the ideas that Lucas and Filoni were working on in Yoda's TCW arc here helped pave the path for what would go on to become the WBW in Rebels. And since Yoda interacted in that space with the Priestesses as he learned how to retain himself, I can absolutely see Obi-Wan entering into the WBW or some other, visually similar nexus point. And given what we know about the WBW, its presence in Obi-Wan's show opens up the doors for Yoda to commune with Kenobi from Dagobah, and for the audience to potentially see a visual depiction of Qui-Gon to communing with Kenobi (since we know that, outside of Mortis, Qui-Gon can't manifest himself in the "real world" as a ghost the way that Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin are eventually able to).