main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Supernatural Force (The Ones, Priestesses, Magiks etc.)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Meeko Ghintee, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    remember that extra world between worlds portal?

[​IMG]

maybe?

[​IMG]

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That owl(Morai) has the ability to enter in and out've dimensions and planet hop at will.

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Obviously last night was a huge moment for fans of the Force mysticism element of Star Wars. We not only had Nightsister magicks being used heavily and far more obviously than they ever have been before, but we also had the Daughter herself in the form of Morai, and statues of the Father and Son make appearances. This is on top of Anakin showing himself in the World Between Worlds as a Father-type figure of balance. I also find it interesting how there is no "mother" in the Mortis "family," and yet the Nightsister witches refer to themselves as "Mother," ala Mother Talzin.

Personally, with this setup, it would be disappointing if nothing less than the full realm of Mortis and actual gods were introduced. Filoni has dropped so many breadcrumbs in both Rebels and Ahsoka that in my mind, there's no way they don't actually appear.

How would you like to see further exploration and connections between the mystic elements handled in Season 2 and beyond of Ahsoka, Filoni's feature film, and anything else the plot thread touches?

[​IMG]

Todd EDIT: Merged with an older thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2023
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I bet the Great Mothers could have conjured up the stolen data tapes.

DannyD and Fin McCool like this.
  5. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    I think Baylan is going to find The Mother and set her on the galaxy. I think The Mother will be the Mother of all Nightsister Mothers. The definite article you might say

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    But the Mother's were scared of whatever was there on that planet. And Baylan didn't really seemed overly interested in their 'religion' or whatever they were really after. So I don't see the two (the Mothers/Night Sisters and THE Mother) as being connected.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  7. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
  8. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Who knows what she became that led to her being locked away. A danger to her own people?

I don't think Baylan entirely knows what he's looking for but he is being called the same way the Great Mothers called Morgan

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    Bibliora and Darkslayer like this.
  9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think Baylan wants to become the new father. in some weird way. This is probably one of those releasing an ancient being and wanting to side by them.

Bibliora likes this.
  10. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    More seriously, though, I hope we don't get a Mother character. Lucas introduced Mortis as a mythological origin story for his universe and specifically for the Force. There's a clear role that each of the three characters in this family plays, and I'm not sure what value there'd be to adding a fourth one. They represent the light side of the Force, the dark side of the Force, and the balance between them.

I'm also very surprised by the sudden enthusiasm for making Abeloth canon. Maybe I missed something, but for the past decade I've never had the impression that Star Wars fans were especially fond of Fate of the Jedi or its main villain. I was a big fan of this character back in the day, but even then I acknowledged that the story was weak. And linking her to Mortis, while interesting, was not really a great decision and weakened both the book series and the Mortis arc. So I'd rather she stay in the past as an artifact of its time.

By the way, while the Star Wars databank consistently called this family "the Ones" and "Force wielders," the episodes themselves don't really give these characters a specific name. In fact, Christian Taylor, the writer who wrote the Mortis arc for The Clone Wars, said in a 2011 interview with the LA Times that the characters were called Overlords. This never appears in the episodes themselves either, though that is the title of the first episode of the arc. But I think it's likely that this is how the characters were known by the writers and possibly also by Lucas himself.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Those remind me a lot of the giant statues in Lord of the Rings.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think the Statue of the Father is pointing to a portal to the WBW. The mural of the father did the same thing in Rebels.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    There is definitely something in that Galaxy that made the Great Mothers very anxious to leave. I'm curious what it is. I do believe that whatever it is could very well be locked/sealed up somewhere. Perhaps the Great Mother's have lost some of their power and are starting to not be able to keep it at bay?

Thrawn also made mention of bringing security to their Galaxy, so I wonder what he knows of it? Must be enough to concern him as well.

Bibliora likes this.
  14. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Well, the Great Mothers were in some kind of stasis for who-knows-how-long. Ezra said that Thrawn found the fortress and awakened the Nightsisters. So whatever they’re fleeing has been unencumbered for a long time. I don’t imagine that it’s trapped or sealed in any way.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It has to be Abeloth or something like her. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

16. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Well, having read and listened to some 411 on the Mother, she can make sense and add something to the allegory. As the mother, like the father, she helps to keep balance between the Son and Daughter, but what makes her different from the rest is she is mortal. And as a mortal, she cannot handle the power the Ones give her, and as a result she begins to go mad and abuse the Son and Daughter. When the Father realized this, he took his children away from her, and she descended further into madness and destruction.

So the new dimension she brings to the allegory is the lesson that ultimate power is not for mere mortals, an interesting lesson for Force users who are something more than average mortals, but not immortals.

Would such a theme make sense with a character like Baylan? Yes. He has delusions of grandeur. He wants to change reality. He wants to destroy in order to create, very similar to the Mother and Son.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Father say something along the lines of "Some call us Force Wielders"?

darklordoftech and Darkslayer like this.
  18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    You are correct. But this doesn’t seem like a name so much as a description. And Filoni at least would go on to use it as the in-universe term for what fans and EU writers would term “Force sensitives,” applying it to the Jedi and Sith as well.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The Father, Son and Daughter coming to live action. Pls. Maybe even big screen.

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If it's Abeloth then hopefully she is toned down some. I liked the idea in the EU but the power creep became a bit ridiculous.

SithOverlord101 and order_67 like this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    It's probably just extinction that they're running from. Salvation lies on Dathomir.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I’d imagine a lot of the sudden enthusiasm for Abeloth is from people who were never fans of the pre-Denningverse post-ROTJ Legends stories and just heard about Abeloth from Youtube.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I could’ve gone longer without reading the term “pre-Denningverse.” Alas, my life is now less than it was before.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  24. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I like the idea of there being a Mother of the Ones and feel like Abeloth would be a good opposite to the Father as it would be chaos vs balance/order.

25. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I want someone who is far more creative than I to determine what happens. I have no interest in Abeloth. She would only be more backstory the GA doesn't know. As well, the Father, Daughter and Son are enough Mystic opportunities.

I do think Ahsoka will "level up" by the end. If she becomes the daughter, is she trapped?

SateleNovelist11 and Darkslayer like this.