main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Aflame

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    “The Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good."
    -Senator Palpatine, speaking at the time of the Blockade of Naboo

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...ages/6/67/IrateChagrianSenator-Timeline6.jpg]

Star Wars: The SWC Galactic Senate Game: The War Cometh

Senators sit in awe within the massive chamber of the Galactic Senate, under the watchful eye of their own appointed Emperor, as ever separate from the efforts of the Triumvirate and other factions in the galaxy. The Emperor is giving a speech to inaugurate a new term, after the slow end to the last one. Intrigue is the cornerstone of the factions outside the Senate... a slow loosening of the restrictions between peace and war...

But the Emperor will not have that madness return under his watch. Focusing, he continues to speak.

“The battles across the galaxy that have been are ones which have originated here. But, that time is over now. Plague has been pacified, the One Sith have been routed, and order has been restored to the galaxy.

“Twelve years after the final death of Darth Krayt...” said His Imperial Majesty, letting his words flow, his voice carry, and looking as if he was speaking to each and every Senator in turn, “we have peace.”
    That was when the bombs exploded.

Ripping apart the chamber, funnelling a wave of fire and debris up through the Senate, tossing Senate pods as if they were nothing more than flak in a gale force hurricane. The fire crested, engulfing the Emperor’s podium, itself elevated above that of the Chancellor... and blowing the roof off the Senate.

Similar such explosions are felt within the buildings of politicians across the galaxy...

In the days that followed...

Names were listed.

The dead were buried.

The Emperor was placed within a coma to recover from his wounds.

Blame was apportioned.

Fingers were pointed.

Weapons stirred.

Lines were drawn.

Systems seceded, securing their borders, sealing themselves in from the anticipated catastrophe.

The Rebels blamed the Imperials, claiming that the attack had been masterminded to allow a raft of new security measures to crush all dissent – to impose absolute rule.

The Imperials blamed the Rebels, claiming that the attack was aimed at breaking the heart of the Senate and ending the peace so they could secure the galaxy for themselves.

It was a long year before the Senate could be convened.

War has not broken out.

Yet.

Skirmishes, however, are occurring daily. Pirates ply the hyperlanes as distrust fills the hearts of the Senate. Trade has collapsed, and Force Users are victimised, as the populace suspects that even the Jedi want to impose a theocracy upon the galaxy.

All systems within the Senate must declare a faction.

All those outside the Senate...

... well, they are fair game.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/53/Galacticsenate.jpg]

Welcome to the SWC Galactic Senate Game. Post two will contain the Constitution of the Senate. Post three will contain the modifications for the Senate (if any). If you have questions about the game, please read through the constitution, or contact the forum moderator: Sinrebirth. This first post will be a placeholder to keep the roster of the game. It will be edited in the future to show the updated roster (probably monthly) along with the current Chief of State, Vice Chief of State and Speaker of the House.

Please, be sure to familiarize yourself with all three of the first posts. This will help you tremendously as the game continues.

Let the politics begin!! Take advantage of the first 10 days of the thread to make your political positions known and do some in-game (and within the rules) socializing so we can have a better idea of how the game will unfold.

Official Roster

Chief of State (Emperor Sinrebirth, in a coma):
    Vice Chief of State:
    Speaker:

Membership of the Imperial Party

Membership of the Rebel Party

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/bd/Jedi_Temple_sunset.jpg] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/3/31/Senatebldg.JPG]

The Rules

You are a Senator who must represent the will of your homeworld to the best of your ability.

The Senate maintains a working relationship with the triumvirate that has been established at the end of the Legacy comics, and must work with that body in order to avoid yet another war. If you start to make them mad, an assassin droid with suspicious-looking, Imperial-like markings, or a Jedi Knight loyal to the triumvirate might make its way into your luxury apartment. Equally, when sacrificing your soul to please the triumvirate, you will be making decisions that corrupt you -- become too corrupt, and you?ll die.

But things are even more complicated; you have to appeal to two other parties; your homeworld, and your backers...

The Three Aspects (no longer applicable by Senate vote)

Triumvirates Disapproval:

Your Homeworld?s Disapproval:

Your Corruption:

Every player will have 100 points to attach to any of these pieces to start. If you reach 100 points in any of these three aspects, you will be killed and removed from the game. The aim is to survive until the Senate saves the galaxy!

Dolling Out Points (no longer applicable by Senate vote)

The results of your votes upon your aspects will be decided by the Chancellor, after a vote. This is to prevent individuals trying to balance out things artificially ? you must act as you would as an Senator.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/ac/Medals.jpg]

Mysterious Backers

A new feature added to this game is the concept of 'Mysterious Backers'. With the mainstream galaxy busy with the fallout from the Legacy comics, the Senate has been approached by two parties - the New Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance. At the beginning of the game, you must declare to the game which of the four factions are backing you. And so, you must not only balance your homeworlds wishes, and the ire of the triumvirate, but your own supporters in their attacks on the galaxy! Those who choose neutrality, can do so, but do not think it will last for long!

Have Fun!

This is a new version of an old favorite for SWC. Have fun with it! That?s what it?s here for!

[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#141414][image=[url]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/5c/Coruscant_at_night.jpg][/url][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][COLOR=#141414]Please confirm your Senatorial roles, and we'll be answering any questions as we go along. It's a new era, for a surprise, but the game still works. The new roster will be prepared for when we actually start. Feel free to spread the word that the game is beginning, and I?ll be sending around some PM?s as well. I sure hope you're as excited about this as I am. Now let's get this political machine moving![/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Official Roster:
    Officers
    Chief of State: Darth Aiser
    Vice Chief of State: Mister_Master
    Speaker: Skywalker_T-65

Sistros of Anaxes
    Admiral Volshe of Naboo
    Benknobi1 of Corellia
    Adirondackjedi27 of Kamino
    Trask Ulgo of Dantooine
    Darth_Kiryan of Commenor
    Thesevegetables of Shogun
    General Immodet of Lorahns
    Imperial 1338 of Obroa-Skai
    cdgodin of Coruscant
    Darth Aiser of Kuat
    Jedimaster_1977 of Mygeeto
    Senator Tiberius "Salt" of Moorja
    Agarwaen of Dromund Kaas
    Mister_Master of Kintan
    Bardan_Jusik of Mandalore
    Jedi Gunny of Ryloth
    MandoBones of Concord Dawn
    Adrian the Cool of New Tiara
    Darth Mystique (TEE) of Korriban
    Aalagar of Muunillinist
    Roberto Calrissian of Ruusan
    Bazinga'd of Tatooine
    Chewbacca89 of Bespin
    Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos
    awesomejedi of Hapes

FACTIONS DISBANDED BY SENATE VOTE

aalagartassle likes this.
  4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I Skywalker_T-65 am here for Abydos, with the backing of the Rebel Alliance.

aalagartassle and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    *walks in the senate careful of where I stand as the whole place could crumble at any time, fire ships work hard to put out the flames*

*my pod, thankfully still in one piece moves to the centre of the senate and plays the transmission by our former Chancellor and beloved Emperor*

"It is with a heavy heart that I impose martial law following my injuries. Supreme Commander Volshe shall act as the head of state of the Empire until my recovery, or until a satisfactory heir can be nominated. The Admiral will have authority to disband the civilian government, led by Sistros, and either may act in my stead within the Senate... if it still stands at all."

*Transmission ends*

*thin smile*

I am Sistros, senator of Anaxes...

with the backing of the New Galactic Empire

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    *holo appears*

As His Excellency Sistros has shown you, Senators, there has been a grave attack upon the Imperial Palace of Theed, and upon our Emperor, and it is with great regret that I accept the position as Head of State and Supreme Commander of the New Galactic Empire. I shall hope for our Emperor to recover from his severe injuries.

I ask Sistros/The Mad Hatter to accept a position as Vice Chief of State.

However, the Empire and Imperial Palace are not the only victims. Our beautiful Senate chamber threatens to crumble to the ground at any moment, and I have heard that the Rebellion’s base has suffered a similar fate.

It is in our nature to be suspicious of those who have previously opposed us, but for now we need to work as a government, not enemies, on improving the galaxy and ensuring the safety of our citizens. Something which has escaped us in these attacks. Lives have been taken from these citizens, and the responsible will be shown no mercy.

I wish to avoid war, which will take more lives, unless the safety of the galaxy is further compromised.

My first order will be that all law enforcement on planets, both ground and naval forces, will now be headed by an Imperial sanctioned leader. This is to protect our citizens, not a punishment or removal of rights.

I also will be overriding the previous agreements implementing a strict tax on those Federation and trade ships, of 4.5% on weaponry, which will be used from this point forward to fund NGE approved law enforcement purposes.

I am also only allowing light plasma cannons, as well as plasma torpedoes of only 3 tons total or less onboard each trade ship. Failure to follow this will result in fines of 2000 credits.
    Explosives and other heavy plasma weaponry are to stay on a strict trade route, unless approved by the Senate or the NGE.

You must pledge to be allowed trade of these potential weapons, and they will be taxed as well at a rate of 3%, these proceeds also being allotted to military and government.

Remember that this is for safety, not a punishment.

You are free to bring your concerns to light at once, though I am remotely connected, I will listen and address them.

---
    In addition, as the Senator of Naboo, I am announcing the Chommel Sector’s alliance with the New Galactic Empire.

*holo steps back and fades*

benknobi1 likes this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I, Senator Jedi Gunny of Ryloth, am now here, backed by the Rebel Alliance.

OOC question: Are we going to be using the points system in this game, or continue to not use them?

8. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    The Three Aspects (no longer applicable by Senate vote)

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Those worlds of the Rebel Alliance will not and do not submit to the installation of Imperial political officers over their own law enforcement and defense forces. This tragedy cannot be used to foster a dictaorial state run from the throne. Any such officers sent to take control of Rebel Alliance forces will be turned away. If they persist, they will be fired upon.

[​IMG]

10. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I, Senator Benknobi1 of Corellia am now here backed by the New Galactic Empire.

11. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    *holo reappears, this time Volshe is wearing a crown and regalia of Empress*

I understand your concern.
    The only reason it was suggested was so that any rogue military or spies capable of accessing weapons for this type of murder and devastation within military ranks were stopped at once, free to any planet to accept.

You are free to reject our assistance, I do not require you accept it.

Any other concerns are welcome to be brought to my attention at once, or to the attention of Sistros/The Mad Hatter.

*holo fades*

12. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    *steps in with full armor, helmet in place, showing his "true face"*

*helmet vocabulator clicks on with a slight comm distortion to his voice*

I, Senator MandoBones, of Concord Dawn, proudly stand beside the Mand'alor and Mandalore. We support the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Rebel Alliance fully.

13. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    I senator adirondackjedi27, of Kamino am here backed by the New Galactic Empire.

benknobi1 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  14. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ...wait...wasn't Kamino already taken?

EDIT: It was, but Darth Aiser hasn't been on since October. So carry on :p

Darth Aiser likes this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I, chewbacca89, am arriving for duty as the esteemed Senator of Bespin. I am backed by the New Galactic Empire.

benknobi1 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  16. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I accept the role given

Official Roster

Chief of State (Emperor Sinrebirth, in a coma): Admiral Volshe
    Vice Chief of State: Sistros
    Speaker: Benknobi1

Membership of the Imperial Party
    Sistros of Anaxes

Membership of the Rebel Party

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Official Roster

Membership of the Imperial Party:

Sistros of Anaxes

Membership of the Rebel Party:

[​IMG]

18. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Official Roster

Sistros of Anaxes

Admiral Volshe of Naboo

19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Official Roster

Sistros of Anaxes

Admiral Volshe of Naboo

Benknobi1 of Corellia

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Official Roster

Sistros of Anaxes

Admiral Volshe of Naboo

Benknobi1 of Corellia

Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos

21. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    Official Roster

Sistros of Anaxes

Admiral Volshe of Naboo

Benknobi1 of Corellia

Skywalker_T-65 of Abydos

22. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    (may I suggest all Imperial members adjust their spacing to match those of the rebel party, it will be easier to read :p)

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    As always, the Imperials trying to copy what we Rebels did right in the first place. :p

[​IMG]

24. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    hey it was a compliment! :p

it will be the only time in this game you'll get anything right you rebel scum ;) :p

25. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    OOC. On my phone. Can you add "Chewbacca from Bespin" to the Imperial Party, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.