main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The SWC Senate - Reconstruction

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Star Wars Archivist

The Star Wars Archivist Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 22, 2013
    Ah yes, my office! Thank you for reminding me.
    As Speaker, I would like to appoint Senator Bazinga'd.
    As Vice-Chancellor, I would like to appoint Senator MasterMini907.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chancellor- The Star Wars Archivist

As I mentioned toyou, I must respectfully decline the appointment due to other commitments. I am honored that you would consider me for the position.

3. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Is there a vision/scheme/ proclamation/ law/redtape/ the chancellor would like to see addressed?

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I am happy to continue serving the Galactic Armies if they are still required for our new office.

5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr Chancellor-

What is next on the Senate's agenda?

6. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises**

I propose and debate that we look at our universal aims as a senate with guildlines or protocols for health.
    I think citizens of this galaxy have the right to be cared for at a basic level. The access to government health facilities with partial funding by the senate to diagnose and aleiviate common ailments but not inpinge on planet system failsafes should be debated.

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Senator aalagartassle

A most worth legislative initiative. I would suggest however, that the health care initiative be debated with at least provision that self funds the legislation.

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Apparently, the Senate is in recess.

9. The Star Wars Archivist

Oct 22, 2013
    OOC: Again, I apologise, but I really don't have all that much time for the forums anymore.

Then as Speaker, I will appoint Bardan_Jusik.

I myself would like to introduce a Galactic Standards of Living bill if one has not already been proposed. I believe we looked at the issue in the Trade Committee.
    The bill would entail standard pay, medical treatment, etc (we may or may not have made the bill already?) Planets that did not have the means to impose these changes could be helped, and this issue was also debated by the trade committee, by the creation of a Free Trade Donation Centre. If such a facility was instated, planets would need to use it for all of their trade between each other. Planets that wanted to get rid of, or were just particularly generous, would be able to donate to the centre. When giving donations, an exact amount would be given, and planets would need to make it clear what resources they are offering. When requiring help from the facility, a planet would be checked for its exact statistics of resources. If a planet had enough of the said resource, their request would be disallowed. As I said earlier, two planets trading with each other will also need to use the Free Trade Donation Centre, meaning all trade will be monitored by the facility. It will most likely be set in the core worlds, with many smaller subsidiaries in other areas. It will most likely ferry resources using the Transport Guild's ships. This also raises the question of security, though I am sure the Military Staff Committee will be able to come up with something.

Please Senators, your thoughts?

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I would be honored Chancellor.

[​IMG]

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Bardan_Jusik To my Mandalorian colleague. I offer you hearty congratulations.

The Star Wars Archivist Mr. Chancellor, are you reinstating the committees that were initially created under my watch, and reinstituted under my successor. General Immodet

12. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I find the scope rather large chancellor, changing trade, changing health, changing pay, monoplolizing the trade guild, and making a centre for all contracts and trade will be a rather costly, time consuming and aspirational as a planet levies itself for the greater good, and then the senate has the right to stocktake planets and in extreme cases spy on a planet so they don't rort a system.

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    In an effort to stimulate debate in I believe we should introduce legislation that would generate the most debate. I leave that up to Senate leadership to determine what that is,

14. The Star Wars Archivist

Oct 22, 2013
    It was but a suggestion, and proper planning has yet to come into play. However, I believe it would be sensible to toss ideas until we come to a conclusion.

Anyways, I believe you all forgot what I said at the beginning. A Galactic Standards of Living bill should, in my opinion, be instated as soon as possible. If there is anyone with further ideas on this, please, feel free to speak.

15. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    Thankyou Chancellor for the scope in which we as a senate can endevour to enrich the lives of our constituants. For a better standards of living bill I believe the access to health is a key indicator as well as education. I wonder if the senate could debate and hash out a proclamation for all systems to endevour to hit key benchmark indicators. For example for every 1000 beings there should be at least 2 medical doctors with access to state/planatery systems and to 5 private doctors within a district/state/country/planet with the same access? a self funding exercise as the senator Bazinga pointed out earlier? Every child regardless of species should have the right of education to a grade of 12 years of schooling, non mandatory if apprenticiships are formed to a level of 9 years of schooling . I wish all other senators to debate what galactic benchmarks we should set to increase the prosperity and protection of our citizens.

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Chancellor,

I have not seen or heard from you in a number of days and the Senate has essentially shut down. We need your guidance, else delegate your authority to someone who will take a more active leadership.

General Immodet likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    One could always call for a vote of no confidence in the Chancellor's leadership. At least I think we can. :p

[​IMG]

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Speaker, Bardan_Jusik

While that option has been considered, I believe it prudent to allow the nature course of the election cycle to run its Darwinian course. We do not want a Tarkin like dictatorship to occur in the Senate.

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *nods*

As you wish.

[​IMG]

20. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    *leans in to the imaginary advisor in the Tython Pod and whispers*

Enter the bureaucrats, the true rulers of the Republic, and on the payroll of the Star Wars Community Boards, I might add. This is where Chancellor Activist's strength will disappear..

21. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    I ask the speaker to call fresh elections Bardan_Jusik

The senate needs fresh motivation

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    It is my understanding that the New Elections will be called in very short order. Our current COS is still missing from what I can tell.

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *The Mandalorian pod moves forward, its occupant primes his jetpack in preparation for the Senate device's inevitable failure*

Ladies and gentlebeings of the Senate, the time has come. This has been a quiet and uneventful term, but I now call for new elections. We must find a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor. So I ask you all, who will we nominate for the prestigious office?

[​IMG]

24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Mr. Speaker.......As you may know, my utmost respect is offered to the Speaker from Mandalore as well as to the many colleagues I have served with over the years. I urge the Senate as a whole to consider the importance of this vote and what it means to the Senate for a decisive leader.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  25. aalagartassle

Jan 11, 2011
    ****rises***

I believe we need senators that can work as a team to create or reform bills, the last bill that was debated was an age restriction bill, the last vote on a bill was 3 terms ago and that was a reconstruction mapping bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.