main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Team: The Obi-Wan/Anakin Discussion Thread And Index *Could Obi have saved Ani?*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ObiAni_Index_sock, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiAni_Index_sock

ObiAni_Index_sock Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2007
    Hello, and welcome to The Team: The Obi-Wan/Anakin Discussion thread and Index!

Where thereâ??s smoke thereâ??s fire; where thereâ??s Kenobi thereâ??s Skywalker. Where thereâ??s Anakin thereâ??s Obi-Wan; where thereâ??s The Hero With No Fear thereâ??s The Negotiator. Where thereâ??s Vader thereâ??s Old Benâ?¦ ok not exactly but you see my point. They are best friends â?? brothers even â?? and eventually enemies. All throughout the Saga their relationship had been one of the most key and complex ones. THIS is the thread that extends a warm welcome to all writers, readers, and fans of the legendary Jedi Team.

[hl=blue][color=white][b]Mission Statement[/b][/color][/hl]

So, what exactly does this thread entail? As vaguely stated above, we are here to discuss all the different, and sometimes shady and not very well defined by canon, aspects of the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationships. From their early relationship as Master and Padawan all through that gap between TPM and AOTC, to their improved (?) relationship as brothers during the Clone Wars, and all the way to what they had become after ROTS. Through Light and Dark these two best friends seems to have formed a bond that is not all that easily broken. Explorations of â??what if?â??s is very welcome as long as you stay on topic. This thread will also include an index of all the stories out there that are centered on the relationship between Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Everything from drama to humor, canon to AU, and PT to OT that centers on the relationship between â??the boysâ?? will be found in the index.

[hr]

[hl=blue][color=white][b]Rules[/b][/color][/hl]

â?? Mind the TOS please :)
    â?? Stay on topic. Weâ??re bound to go off on tangents, however this is not a place for general Anakin or general Obi-Wan discussion. Try these if you are interested in solely one of these characters:
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/24599510/p1/?431] From Before to Beyond: Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan Discussion Thread[/link] for Obi-Wan discussion
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/16917201/?2759]Anakin/Vader Characterization[/link] for Anakin discussion
    â?? No Bashers allowed. Yes, these two have been known to divide many fans and they both have their good and bad sides, however bashing for its own sake of ether character is NOT allowed. If you are going to post something â??negativeâ?? please have mature reasons and arguments for any of your claims. Also, be respectful to others in the thread. We donâ??t want another infamous fan war.
    â?? If youâ??re gonna fic pimp make sure itâ??s relevant to the on going discussion.
    â?? Have fun! There are many wonderful Obi/Ani writers on the boards and Iâ??m sure weâ??ll have lots to discuss. There will be challenges and free fic pimping days to look forward to as well.

[hr]

[hl=blue][color=white][b]Contact Information[/b] [/color] [/hl]

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM your host. ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Alley_Skywalker]Alley_Skywalker[/link]) or the thread sock.

2. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Submissions To The Index

Although we will be looking around the boards for new stories and adding them to the index we are bound to miss some here and there, especially the older ones. So if you wish to submit your story to this index please feel free to PM one of the hosts (Alley_Skywalker and Hananiah) or the thread sock.

When submitting stories please include the following header:

Title: (please include a link)
    Author:
    Genre:
    Characters:
    Timeframe:
    Summary:

Stories will be judged on a case to case basis for submission.

Please DO NOT post your story submissions in the thread. PM them to one of the hosts or the thread sock.

[hl=blue][color=white][b]Index Navigation [/b] [/color] [/hl]

Stories will be split into four eras: Before The Saga, The Saga: Prequel Trilogy, The Saga: Original Trilogy, and Beyond The Saga. Any stories from the Classic Board will be put into the appropriate era. Within the eras stories will be listed in alphabetical order by author. If an Author has several stories in the index and in the same era those will be then listed alphabetically.

Here is also a list of terms you may find while browsing this index (they are in alphabetical order).

[b]angst[/b] - anguish, torment, fear, anxiety
    [b]ANH[/b] - A New Hope
    [b]AOTC[/b] - Attack Of The Clones
    [b]AU[/b] - alternate universe
    [b]CW[/b] ? Clone Wars
    [b]ESB[/b] - The Empire Strikes Back
    [b]EU[/b] - Expanded Universe (all of the books, t.v. shows, and video & RP games)
    [b]GFFA[/b] - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    [b]H/C[/b] ? hurt/comfort, one of the characters gets hurt (emotionally of physically) and is comforted
    [b]humor[/b] ? happy, lighthearted, funny, often times silly, stories
    [b]inter-trilogy[/b] - between the two trilogies
    [b]JA[/b] - The Jedi Apprentice books about Obi-Wan's youth before TPM
    [b]JQ[/b] - The Jedi Quest books about Anakin Skywalker's youth before AOTC.
    [b]Obi-torture[/b] ? Basically, lots of pain for Obi-Wan
    [b]OC[/b] - original (author-originated) characters
    [b]OT[/b] - Episodes 4-6, the original trilogy
    [b]post-RotJ[/b] - takes place after the movies
    [b]pre-TPM[/b] - takes place before the movies
    [b]PT[/b] - Episodes 1-3, the prequel trilogy
    [b]song fic[/b] - a story based on the lyrics of a song
    [b]ROTJ[/b] - Return Of The Jedi
    [b]ROTS[/b] ? Revenge Of The Sith
    [b]round robin or RR[/b] - multi-author story inviting more people to join in (also called an add-on)
    [b]TPM[/b] - The Phantom Menace
    [b]vignette[/b]- a one-post story (also known as a one-shot)

[hr]

[hl=blue][color=white][b]Index Contact Information[/b][/color][/hl]

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM ether myself ([link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Alley_Skywalker]Alley_Skywalker[/link]), my index co-host [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=Hananiah]Hananiah[/link], or the thread sock.

3. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Before The Saga

4. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    The Saga: Prequel Trilogy

Title: Coping With Loss
    Author: Aden
    Genre:
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: Post AOTC
    Summary: Anakin deals with the loss of his mother.

Title: Cry Your Heart Out
    Author: Alley_Skywalker
    Genre: Angst
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan (in mention)
    Timeframe: Clone Wars, directly post-Jabiim
    Summary: Jebiim has left Anakin bereft of someone very dear to him.

Title: Don't Lie
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan (in mention)
    Timeframe: End of ROTS
    Summary: Anakin thinks Obi-Wan has been lying to him all along...

Title: Hero Of Love
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin (in mention)
    Timeframe: End Of ROTS
    Summary: During the Mustafar battle Obi-Wan wonders why Anakin thought hehad to go as far as he did.

Title: On Both Sides Of Forever
    Genre: Angst with a happy ending
    Timeframe: From ROTS through end of ROTJ
    Summary: ItÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?â?¦Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?â?¦Ã?¾Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¢s kind of hard to explain. Sort of a tribute to the friendship of Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Title: On My Own
    Genre: Angst (light)
    Character: Anakin, Obi-Wan
    Timeframe: Clone Wars
    Summary: Anakin goes on his first solo mission as a Jedi KnightÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?â?¦Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?¢ââ??¬Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¦

Title: Remember...
    Timeframe: End and post ROTS
    Summary: End and Post ROTS in Obi-Wan's and Anakin's POVs.

Title: Sorry
    Genre: Angst, Drama, Action
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, OCs, Sids
    Timeframe: Several months after TPM
    Summary: Anakin and Obi-WanÃ?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â? Ã¢â?¬â?¢Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?â?¦Ã?¡Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¬Ã?Æ?Ã?â??Ã?â??Ã?¢Ã?Æ?Ã?¢Ã?¢ââ?¬Å¡Ã?¬Ã?â?¦Ã?¾Ã?Æ?ââ?¬Å¡Ã?â??Ã?¢s relationship gets off to a bumpy start leaving Anakin feeling unwanted and a burden to his new master. As a result Obi-Wan wakes up one morning to find his padawan missing...

Title: Those Everyday Moments
    Genre:
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, OC
    Timeframe: CW
    Summary: Anakin starts to realize that the secrets he's been keeping are able to affect even the lighthearted everyday moments.

Title: Time For Change
    Genre:
    Timeframe: TPM + 3 and a half years
    Summary: Obi-Wan start to realize that maybe it's time to befriend his young padawan.

Title: [l

5. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    The Saga: Original Trilogy

Title: As A Friend
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin (in mention)
    Timeframe: IT
    Summary: Obi-Wan realizes the real way in which he failed Anakin.

Title: New Hope AU
    Author: Darth_Cygnus2112
    Genre:
    Characters: Vader. Ben
    Timeframe: ANH
    Summary: Alternate Diolauge for Obi-Vader duel on DS 1

Title: A Visit Home
    Author: Laine_Snowtrekker
    Genre: You'll see.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Lil Luke, Lil Leia
    Timeframe: The Saga (Post-RoTS)
    Summary: Like the title says, a visit home.

Title: Conversations With Dead People
    Author: Leia_Naberrie
    Genre: AU, Supernatural.
    Characters: Skywalkers, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and other dead people.
    Timeframe: RotJ time
    Summary: Twenty years after Anakin Skywalker never became a Sith Lord, he returns to Coruscant in time to witness the Knighting Ceremony of his Padawan learner and lay to rest old ghosts.

Title: Full Circle
    Author: Magenta_Moonshadow
    Genre:
    Characters:
    Timeframe:
    Summary: What REALLY happened on The Death Star in 'ANH'

Title: Facets of the Past
    Author: Saishu_Heiki
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin/Vader
    Timeframe: ANH (with flashbacks to PT)
    Summary: Obi-Wan Kenobi remembers a life spent with a great friend during his final battle on the Death Star
    Notes: my first SW fanfic.

Title: Who Will Save Me, If Not You
    Author: Valairy_scot
    Genre:
    Characters:
    Timeframe:
    Summary:

6. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Beyond The Saga

7. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Challenges

February Challenge

Keeping Score?

So since so many of us seem to like the CW/ROTS era lets have a CW-era challenge shall we?

Now in ROTS it is mentioned that the boys have been keeping score on the "save" front. So here's your challenge: Write a fic about one of those times that Anakin rescues Obi-Wan. It can be one of those nine (or is it ten?) times mentioned in ROTS or, if you want, Obi-Wan can end up returning the favor. All genres welcome! Oh, one little catch: you must use the word procrastinate somewhere in your fic. Have fun!

Summer Challenge

Here's a new challenge for you all to chew on! It goes hand in hand with the new topic as well.

Mustafar AU!

Come on! Lets have a revival of the Mustafar AU trend that boomed after ROTS premiered. We all wanna see Obi save Ani from Mustafar. Or maybe Ani saves himself with some "indirect" help from Obi? So, your task is simple: write as a Mustafar AU where the Mustafar duel ends the way we all wished it would!

8. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Current Topic

Couldda Been?

Here is the simply, and yet not so simply, question I pose to you all:

Do you think Obi could have saved Ani from turning to the Dark Side?

I'll even throw a follow up question in there. Do you think Obi-Wan should have tried harder to turn Anakin back? Do you think he tried at all?

I personally answer "yes" to the main question, "yes" to the first follow up question, and "not really" to the last one.
    But before I expand on that, I want to know what everyone else thinks.

9. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
  10. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
  11. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
  12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    When did you first get into the Obi/Ani ?ship? Um, I think after AoTC and definitely after ROTS.

Did you like them as a team right away or did they gradually grow on you? I liked them right away. I regret that there's not more about the ten years between TPM and AoTC. But that's what fanfic is for!

What timeframe of their relationship are you most interested in? So far, I've only written pre-AoTC stuff, with Anakin ranging from sixteen to eighteen years old.

Do you think we should have seen more of them together in the movies? Do you wish we could have? Yes. And yes. An emphatic yes.

Favorite scene with the boys: Well, I do like when Obi-Wan tells Anakin that he's to be trained; the banter between them in the arena on Geonosis ("Good job!"); and though it breaks my heart, The Duel, especially the end before Obi-Wan leaves.

Three adjectives to describe their ?ship: Intense, strained (at least in AoTC), and brotherly

Any other stuff you wanna add: Looks like this will be a fun thread! I love this team, and their banter.

13. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Hmmm?it?d be nice if I answered my own question right?;) :p

When did you first get into the Obi/Ani ?ship?:

I liked them together after I saw my first SW movie ? ROTS. But it wasn?t till I saw all th movies that I REALLY got into them.

Did you like them as a team right away or did they gradually grow on you?

Pretty much right away. But I liked them more and more as time passed.

What timeframe of their relationship are you most interested in?

I?m really intrigued by that 10 year gap between TPM and AOTC. However I think that the CW, especially after Anakin?s knighting, were truly their golden days.

Do you think we should have seen more of them together in the movies? Do you wish we could have?

Yes, on both accounts.

Three adjectives to describe their ?ship:

Complicated, loving (at least for the most part), fascinating (to me as a fan).

Any other stuff you wanna add:

I think we all can agree that the boys need to take a class on communication b/c they always seem to misunderstand each other when it comes to the emotional aspect of their lives.

14. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    When did you first get into the Obi/Ani ?ship?

Pretty much from the begining. First they are both hot[face_love] so I want to have them in the same scene plus, their banter come easily for me.

Did you like them as a team right away or did they gradually grow on you? Guess I answered that already!

What timeframe of their relationship are you most interested in? Clone Wars/ROTS It is when they moved to being equals rather than adult/ child

Do you think we should have seen more of them together in the movies? Do you wish we could have? Absolutely! And shirtless!

Favorite scene with the boys: All the stuff when they went to rescue the Chancellor.

Three adjectives to describe their ?ship: opposites, banter, brothers

Any other stuff you wanna add: The whole point of fan fic is to fix what went wrong so they can be together as a team/family the way it should have been!

15. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Laine_Snowtrekker, I love their banter! It's so absolutely adorable!

obsessedwithSW, As much as I love obi/Ani angst the AU "happily ever after" fics always make me all warm inside. They really do deserve a happy ending[face_love]

16. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005

From Obi-Wan's "You will be a Jedi. I promise." at the end of TPM.

I liked them right away, and they are still my favourite Master/Padawan team.

Just about any timeframe. Their earliest days, Anakin's teenage years, Clone Wars, RotS, AU, beyond the saga ... just about anything goes for me.

Do you think we should have seen more of them together in the movies? Do you wish we could have?

Of course! I loved the beginning sequence of RotS primarily because it was all about our favourite duo. I really wish Anakin just jumped on the ship with Obi-Wan to chase after Grievous, or Obi-Wan stayed on Coruscant to confront Palpatine with Anakin. :p Of course, that would be changing SW history...

Favorite scene with the boys:

Actually, the duel on Mustafar - as heartbreaking as it was, I consider it my favourite scene. Of course, I also loved the beginning of RotS when they were rescuing the Chancellor. And at the end of RotJ, when Anakin and Obi-Wan are reunited in the afterlife.

Complex, fond, and brothers (not an adjective [face_mischief]).

Actually, Anakin didn't turn to the dark side, and they remained heroes of the galaxy, living happily ever after. [face_dancing] Shhhh, that's the real story.

17. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    ROTS but my opinion is slightly biased there.

I liked them as a team srait away.

Just after Anakin's knighting and into ROTS.

I would have liked to but I definently liked what we did see.

Opening of ROTS.

forceful, passionate, brothers

Looks to be an interesting discussion.:D

18. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003

After seeing RotS. The Obi/Ani parts in the Clone Wars cartoons were pretty fun, but the first time I saw RotS is when I really fell in love with the boys.

Both, kind of. I didn't dislike them or anything, but I was more of an A/P fan during the time between AotC and RotS. I guess I liked them right away, but it took some time to make me really...appreciate their awesomeness. :p

Clone Wars/RotS. They're equals, best friends...and they both look their best during those years. [face_batting]

In a way, yes. In a way, I'm happy with what we've got, because we can use our imaginations to fill in the blanks. What I really would have liked is to see them together on Tatooine, like if Obi-Wan instead of Padme went with Anakin to save Shmi, because then my three biggest SW loves would be together. :-B

Either the Clone Wars scene where Anakin's eating the bugs, or the early parts of RotS, up until Obi leaves for Utapau. Anything where they're happily bantering, I guess.

In alphabetical order: Complicated, intimate (not in that way!), passionate

I'm so glad to see an Ani/Obi thread here in Resource! Thanks for starting it, Alley! :)

19. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    corellian-jedi: Lol! I sure like that "real stpry"

Jturtle: Yes the opening sequence of ROTS was deffinetely a good one for the boys. There we get to see the "Hero Team" of the CW that we've heard about for so long.

amidalachick: KIM! You know you can't use the word "intimate" in reference to the boys and and NOT expect my mind to go into the gutter [face_mischief]

The first challenge will be up soon...tommorow most likely :)

20. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Weekly Obi/Ani Thred Update

[b][hl=blue][color=white]New Stories[/color] [/hl] [/b]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23836112&brd=10476&start=23837596]Cry Your Heart Out[/link]
    [b]Author: [/b] Alley_Skywalker

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24475390&brd=10476&replies=4]On Both Sides Of Forever[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Alley_Skywalker

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26041466&brd=10476&replies=3]Those Everyday Moments[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24788815/p1/?0]Time For Change[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24651909&brd=10476&start=24687554]Troubles[/link]

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25760914/p1/?3]Another Mission, Another Scummy Bar[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Laine_Snowtrekker

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26071701/p1/?12]Mission Complete[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Laine_Snowtrekker

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26075714/p1/?14]A Visit Home[/link]
    [b]Author: [/b] Laine_Snowtrekker

[i]Check index for full headers[/i]

[hr]

[b][hl=blue][color=white]February Challenge[/color][/hl][/b]

[b]Keeping Score? [/b]

So since so many of us seem to like the CW/ROTS era lets have a CW-era challenge shall we?

Now in ROTS it is mentioned that the boys have been keeping score on the "save" front. So here's your challenge: [i]Write a fic about one of those times that Anakin rescues Obi-Wan. It can be one of those nine (or is it ten?) times mentioned in ROTS or, if you want, Obi-Wan can end up returning the favor. All genres welcome! Oh, one little catch: you must use the word [b]procrastinate[/b] somewhere in your fic.[/i] Have fun!

21. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Weekly Obi/Ani Thread Update

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26376120/p1/?0]Ever The Same[/link]
    [b]Author: [/b] anakin_luver

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/23275554/p1]A Cry in the Night[/link]
    [b]Author: [/b] KELIA

[b]Title: [/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/20906575/p1]The Killing Shard[/link]
    [b]Author: [/b] LuvEwan

[hr]

[b][hl=blue][color=white]February Challenge[/color][/hl][/b]

No submissions yet for the challenge so I think I?ll keep it running through March.

[hr]

[hl=blue][color=white][b]New Topic![/b][/color][/hl]

[b]Unique Interpretation Or Mischaracterization?[/b]

So?the boys are?complicated, to say the least. They have been known to divide a lot of fans and not to mention produce some very interesting characterizations of them separately as well as their relationship. Possibly because they go through such an arch in their relationship?

So here?s the question I pose to you: What is your overall view on their dynamic. Did both ?give and take? equally in this relationship? Could ether or both sides have done something to make things a little?shall we say [i]smoother[/i]?

I?ll even throw in a follow up question. Where do YOU draw the line between unique interpretation and mischaracterization (of ether character and/or their ?ship)?

22. ObiAni_Index_sock

Jan 18, 2007
    Monthly Obi/Ani Thread Update

After a long absence I am finally BACK! I'm switching it to "monthly" update for now, If things pick up it'll go up to "weekly" again.

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26537263&brd=10476&start=26620096]As A Friend[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26120604]Control Freak[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Amrita Glittersong

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26405753]Of Jedi and banisters [/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26857980/p1]Of Jedi and disguises[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=27026096&brd=10476&start=27031322]Of Jedi and Distractions[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26591075]Of why a Jedi should always look up[/link]

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=24358090&brd=10476&start=26638250]Forgiveness [/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] brodiew

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26613740&brd=10476&start=26638223] Voice Of Truth[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] brodiew

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26880422&brd=10476&start=26966458]A Day (or Part Thereof) in the Life of the Negotiator[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] Cael-Fenton

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26124638/p1] Where Did It All Go Wrong?[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] cdmcc

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24576747/p1]Underneath[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] CrazyAni

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/25864424/p1]Passing Through the Darkness[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] DarthIshtar

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26534169&brd=10476&start=26535341] Relinquish[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] jedi_master_gimpy

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/26009849/p1]Dreams Pass In Time[/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] MysteriousRaven13

[b]Title:[/b] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26762085&brd=10476&start=27019463] The Silent Senator [/link]
    [b]Author:[/b] The Musical Jedi

[hr]

[b][hl=blue][color=white]Summer Challenge[/color][/hl][/b]

Here's a new challenge for you all to chew on! It goes hand in hand with the new topic as well.

[b]Mustafar AU![/b]

[i]Come on! Lets have a revival of the Mustafar AU trend that boomed after ROTS premiered. We all wanna see Obi save Ani from Mustafar. Or maybe Ani saves himself with some "indirect" help from Obi? So, your task is simple: write as a Mustafar AU where the Mustafar duel ends the way we all wished it would![/i]

[hr]

[hl=blue][color=white][b]New Topic![/b][/color][/hl]

[b]Couldda Been?[/b]

I'll even throw a follow up question in there. Do you think Obi-Wan should have tried harder to turn Anakin back? Do you think he tried at all?

I personally answer "yes" to the main question, "yes" to the first follow up question, and "not really" to the last one.
    But before I expand on that, I want to know what everyone else thinks.

23. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    'K, here's my challenge response:

Hockey Jedi

It is insane, just so you know. :p

24. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I know I'm late and now off topic, but I had to answer this. Please forgive me, but I must GUSH.

Right after I saw RotS. I fell in love with these two.[face_blush] Their relationship was not exactly what I expected it to be in AotC, but RotS made me go back and appreciate all of the complexities of their relationship, and now, dialogue that used to slightly annoy me just has me giggly and amused, because they really do sound like an old married couple.[face_love]

After this, I devoured every Ani/Obi fic, pre-AotC, and post-AotC novel I could find on them. They are truly my Star Wars OTP.:D

Pretty much the same as above. At first I thought they were pretty mis-matched, but worked well together when they needed to. But again, RotS just wowed me, and they really became "The Team" on screen.

The ten years between the TPM and AotC, and the Clone Wars.

Yes, and YES! I felt quite robbed in AotC where they are concerned. They spend so much time apart. I much prefer them to the love story (and I used to like the love story), but now I see that in their own way, Anakin/Obi-Wan is the real love story, and I do not even mean that in a slashy way, but just in a tragic way -- this is the relationship that tugged at my heart strings.

All of them, really. I was starting to make a list in my head, but really, I love them whether they are fighting, or getting drunk together (LOE).:D

Complicated, tragic, beautiful.

Places like this thread are heaven for me:D

Couldda Been?

Honestly, no. I do believe Anakin was too far gone at this point, and that no one (except Luke and his pure love) could have saved Anakin.

I think Obi-wan tried as much as he could stand. In his experience, no one ever comes back to the light once they are a Sith, so I guess at a certain point he felt it was hopeless.

25. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Erm . . .

I would like to direct the indexer's attention to the fact that the opening posts look weird due to a browser encoding bug. For more information, please see this thread in Communications.

- lazy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.