main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Terrible Truth (LOTF speculation vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    :eek: Wow.

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    obi-ew: Wonderful job with the emotions of these characters.
    Thanks! :D The emotions in the ROTS scene really inspired this one. Unfortunately it seems like canon may be heading in a direction that dark... [face_worried]

jasa: Thanks! :cool:

3. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Lex, I just found this from the SFFA Voting and... It's fantastic. I love how you saw the parallels between ROTS and Legacy and so accurately described a scenario that is becoming more and more likely. =D= This definitely deserved the noms. Great viggie.

Aniakera

EDIT: You wrote this BEFORE Legacy?! :eek:=D=

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I like the parallels, too. I know that this is a vig, but you should continue this.

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Cool parallels! And you wrote this BEFORE Betrayal even came out!!!! Eerie!!!

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I knew it, ever since Traitor I KNEW Jacen was gonna go bad someday.

LOVED the RotS parallels. Funny how the profic authors are setting up Legacy in such a similar way =D=

7. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    Sweet, story! Just like Obi and Yoda, poor Luke and Jaina. I like how you wrote Jaina, she was strong. They need to do that in the books, poor girl. But yes, more please?

8. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Aniakera: a scenario that is becoming more and more likely.
    And it?s only gotten worse since Bloodlines? [face_worried]

You wrote this BEFORE Legacy?!
    That?s why they call me an evil author. :p

SilSolo: I know that this is a vig, but you should continue this.
    Maybe just a little? [face_whistling]

iamobiwan1970: And you wrote this BEFORE Betrayal even came out!!!! Eerie!!!
    I know some folks aren?t too fond of the path the profic has sent Jacen down during the NJO and post-NJO EU, but I think given the choices they?ve made, they?re executing it brilliantly. The trauma of SBS, the complete demolition of his moral compass in Traitor, and the lack of contrary guidance through TUF laid the groundwork for the self-justifying menace Jacen became in Dark Nest ? and now everyone is reaping the consequences in LOTF. :_|

Shinar: I knew it, ever since Traitor I KNEW Jacen was gonna go bad someday.
    Moral relativism is dangerous that way. ;)

Terje_Lisan: I like how you wrote Jaina, she was strong. They need to do that in the books, poor girl.
    Jaina?s strength was there in Dark Nest, but it?s subtle. Not many Jedi would be strong enough to preserve their own personality against the Joiners for so long ? much less stand up to Grand Master Skywalker. :cool: She hasn?t been tested much in LOTF yet, but I think events, especially the court-martial from Bloodlines and the vague hints we?ve got in the back-cover blurb for Tempest, are conspiring to bring out her strong Jedi determination again. [face_dancing]

Thanks again for the replies, everyone. :D

I?ve (finally! :oops:) written the sequel vignette to accompany The Terrible Truth. You can read it here:

Immolation

O:)

9. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Lex,
    I can almost hear Jaina yelling... "you were my brother", they just need a lot of lava.=D=

I am sure you are on the mark regarding Jacen battling Jaina and Luke facing Lumiya. Great vig, I like how you give enough details of Jacen's deeds yet leave some to our imagination; who is dead at their feet, who is Jaina's husband;)....

'noon
    jaYna

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow...that was great...I liked the simularity to Obi and Yoda...

FL @};-

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Okay . . . A late reply . . .[face_blush] :p

Yet better than no reply.;)

This was so interesting, and creepy, because I can really see it happening. I loved the parallel between LotF and RotS, and it's even more sad because we know that the twisted pro-fic authors will probably do something along these lines.:(

Great job!=D=

~MJ@};-

12. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    jaynasolofel: I can almost hear Jaina yelling... "you were my brother", they just need a lot of lava.
    :_| I know!

Great vig, I like how you give enough details of Jacen's deeds yet leave some to our imagination; who is dead at their feet, who is Jaina's husband
    I thought this was one of those times where giving detail actually distracts from the scene. The effect is more powerful if events are so overwhelming that Jaina?s become numb to the details. :( As for her husband, well, no reason to say that. You know who it is. [face_love]

Flowerlady: Thanks! :D

Mira_Jade: Yet better than no reply.
    Of course! ;)

I loved the parallel between LotF and RotS, and it's even more sad because we know that the twisted pro-fic authors will probably do something along these lines.
    Yeah, they are twisted, and I do think they?ll be tormenting poor Jaina to know end before too much longer in LOTF? [face_worried]

Thanks again for the feedback, everyone! :D

13. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    wow awesome =D=
    like the parellels between Luke & Jaina and the conversation Obi & Yoda had.

~ Mags ~

14. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    A wonderfully haunting vignette of what may come to pass as the Legacy series progresses.

I love the parallel to the ROTS scene. Yet your vignette seems rather more chilling since we haven't seen this coming for twenty years and the possibility of Jaina having to confront her own brother. Yes, I know that Obi-Wan loved Anakin like a brother, but it's not the same.

Great job, Lex. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.