main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The The Batman Thread (+ The The Penguin Series)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DebonaireNerd, Aug 23, 2020.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And this is less than a day after The Rock revealed that he, his wife and their kids all caught it (but recovered). Though, in his case, they caught it from close friends/family. Still, shows that it could catch from outside productions in a way that could easily affect inside productions. But it seems like the safety measures to catch these things early is working, so, hopefully, the worst that results from this are schedule delays and not any long term health issues.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Not that it really matters but I wonder if they were on location or filming in the London WB studio. My feeling is that filming would be much safer in a studio since you can control the environment much better. Again not that it matters just curious.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it was in a studio, it seems that the remainder of location shooting has been largely scrapped.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Honestly in a studio would be worse because you have to have AC.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That would depend on the filtration- a functional Hollywood film studio would probably have more powerful filtration under normal circumstances due to constant construction work and pyro effects, etc. They'd also be more likely to upgrade any systems that are necessary for covid with more ease given the funding behind these projects compared to Regular's Joe's Cafe & Gym.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    Luke02 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    It doesn't matter how good the HEPA is if the airflow blows someone's cough or sneeze directly on you though...

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Filming has resumed....

8. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Is the Batman tv series spin off for HBO max cancelled?

I have not heard or read any news about It. Can’t seem to find it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    What Batman TV series for HBO Max?

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It's like a Gotham but I believe it's post Batman and it would star Jeffrey Wright's Gordon (or at least feature him). GCPD is the focus but sounds more like the comic GCPD than the more hybrid Year One/GCPD thing that Fox did.

I haven't heard of any cancellations. I think like Green Lantern, it's slowly moving forward.

I do wonder however if recent shakeups with some of the execs may have impacted things. Not sure what is going with Geoff Johns right now for instance. And Jim Lee seems to be more on the comic book side than the media side so..

It's likely still a result of all this merger/summer DC purge.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I assume he’s referring to the Gotham P.D. series that’s in development. To answer the question... no. As far as we know it hasn’t. Just because you haven’t heard anything in a while doesn’t mean it’s canceled. It’s very early in development.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    We're just in the middle of a pandemic and the movie it's spinning off of got postponed nearly a year after its initial release date. We won't hear from the show in a while.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002

Yeah that’s what I meant. Glad it’s still in the cards

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    GCPD is supposed to be a prequel to The Batman, not a sequel. It's meant to be a Year One to the film's Year Two.

One would assume they might be riding TB's production schedule to start filming GCPD so that they can film Wrights stuff (and Pattinson's, if he ends up appearing in the series) up front and reuse existing sets where possible. So the current delays on TB would affect the start of GCPD (and, presumably, the eventual release date).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  15. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I got a feeling that the Batman and the prequel tv series won’t be the only ones within the continuity. But we have to wait and see how successful they will be.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-matt-reeves-the-batman-series-loses-its-showrun-1845696672

Stalled again...

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    That's unfortunate. I really love Terrence Winter and he's had a great TV career but if he was going up against Matt Reeves I'd probably side with Reeves. Wonder what the dispute was.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Wouldn't that just be another version of Gotham?

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    More or less. It was going to be called "Gotham Empire". It was going to take place during the Prohibition era with Batman taking down bootleggers while Carmine Falcone rose to power. ;)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    But one consistent with The Batman's universe and tone, as opposed to Gotham which alternated between being a tonal prequel to Batman Begins and Batman 1966- often within the same scene ;).

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It'll be tough to beat Gotham's version of Zsasz, Penguin & Riddler though.

The2ndQuest and heels1785 like this.
  22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    It needs to be crystal clear that "Gotham" was not "GCPD"

GCPD was focused on the cops that served under Gordon while Batman was acting. Gotham was a prequel to Batman which basically formed all of the villains and Batman before he could take on the cowl.

So a true GCPD show could work and work REALLY well if done right. My fear is that the "Creative Differences" lie with trying to push more of the well known Batman characters front and center again.

Luke02 likes this.
  23. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If you're not going to have Batman in it, you gotta have supervillains.

And Batman has some of the best.

Without them it's just another Police drama

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're certainly memorable takes on the characters. Though I didn't watch the final season or so, I did enjoy Gotham for what it was and for the versions of certain characters. Really enjoyed Gordon's good-man-goes-to-war stuff early on but that trailed off after awhile (and got intertwined with the plotline of one of the worst characters on the show).

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah Gotham was really inconsistent.

Which is a shame because it did some good stuff.

darthcaedus1138 and Luke02 like this.