main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph The The Batman Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by DebonaireNerd, Aug 23, 2020.

1. heels1785

heels1785 JCC Manager star 9 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    do you speak of the chiklis?

i thought gotham was consistently weird, but i never found the quality of the show to fluctuate like it has on some of the longer-running cw shows, or to an extreme degree, agents of shield. there are no episodes, seasons, storylines that i skip on rewatches, even though there are certainly weaker characters and often some nonsensical **** happening.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Also a Narc star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I assume the worst character was Barbara but even she came around once she went absolutely Bat-**** crazy (pun intended)...

The2ndQuest and Yodaminch like this.
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, Barbara. You're right that she had some crazy moments (then again, almost everyone did- it was one of the more consistently entertaining elements of the show) but I felt she derailed Gordon long before that.

Chiklis was much more minor by comparison, so he didn't bother me as much even though he was weak at times- but I think that's only because he matched just part of Gotham's tone (the more grounded cop stuff, for obvious reasons) while the campier villainous aspect (particularly his dialogue) just didn't align right (and I enjoyed him as The Thing in FF, so it wasn't a general "comic booky" issue, either).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 7

Nov 12, 2012
    Was watching Burton's Batman awhile ago and I realized with all the hobo psychotic clown interpretations of the Joker lately, they're missing the props and flamboyancy. The dude has a float-making budget and henchmen who breakdance. Let's see more of that.

PCCViking likes this.
  5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Wolverine is two Batmans kissing
    [​IMG]