main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Things Non-Fanfic Writers Wonder...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Myriad-and-Irish, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Her initial reaction was, "That's so cool!" and I was thinking to myself, Finally, someone who gets it! Then she carries on speaking.

"You'd have loved where I stayed overseas. There was this town actually called Vulcan, and at the university they do this course in how to speak Klingon, oh you so have to go there...."

I didn't have the heart to break it to her.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Gods, that is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!!!

good grief....:p Will they never learn....we have wookies, not tribbles!!!!!

*sigh* [face_talk_hand]

[face_good_luck] Irish

2. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I wonder what my mother thinks of me. Almost everything I talk about (sadly) is either Star Wars or about one of my fanfics. She gets this glazed look in her eye, and when she comes down the stairs in the morning, finds me still in bed and asks me why I am so tired an I reply with a "Evil plotbunny kept me up typing..."... She's probably ready to lock me up somewhere.

3. emerald54

emerald54 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    The nice thing about my little group of friends is that one of them is a trekkie, and is very quick to set the record straight. By now, all of us know better then to mention certain topics around her.

Favorite non-fanfic writer quote of the week:

"You can actually understand all of this?"

My mythology teacher, on discovering the forums, more pointedly, the fanfiction ones.

4. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Well, I hope that doesn't happen. I don't want to die![face_worried]

:p

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    If we get a decease order, then we're really in trouble.

6. emerald54

emerald54 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    As I said, I figure theres would be some resentment over the whole die issue, so I figure we're good for now. *nods* :p

Uhm... Same here. My parents have given up trying to get me to do something "constructive" like music or belly dancing. This comes from my trekkie friend, who passed it along to me.

"So, like, it's ripping off somebodies work with your own words? How is that fun?"

And Later: "Wait, Star Trek! Oh! The one with Vader in it!"

My friend skipped the rest of the class.

7. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    *dies laughing*

[face_laugh]

Wow. That's probably the funniest thing to hit me this week! :rolleyes: I just say I'm doing a cultural literacy paper...many times I've been told I'm rather clueless, so I write fanfiction so as not to be clueless like the above person....yah. Its twisted but fun.

During the superbowl we didn't have TV reception *dies* so I was AIMing with Myriad_Daydreams and she was giving us all a running commentary. It was loads of fun to later explain to everyone who this strange girl is...:p I finally had to admit I met her on a starwars site...and was rewarded with LOTS of funny looks. Oh well.

[face_good_luck] Irish

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    My mother had this to say when I told her about my basic plot outline: "You could change the names and sell that to Disney." (Which... no. Then it would be work.)

9. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Explain to me again why the evil plot bunny is keeping me distracted and making me stay up even later than my mountains of homework normally would? My friends have no idea what's wrong with me, but then again only a few of them are writers.

10. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    I wonder if people wonder why I'm on wookieepedia more often then I am wikipedia?

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    There's a wikipedia? :eek:
    What is it for? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.