main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Third Age: Sci-Fi Webseries

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PMthruROTJ, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PMthruROTJ

PMthruROTJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    I wanted to point peoples' attention to the project I've been working on. I'm the producer of the webseries, The Third Age (http://www.thethirdagebegins.com), which is currently being released weekly on our Blip.TV channel. Our fourth episode just went live today, and so far, the series has been met with some nice critical acclaim. Tubefilter called the show "an acid trip in web video form" and critic Jason Powell said the show was ?[A] combination of mad mythology and gritty verite?a potential epic in the making!?

The show is about ordinary people caught up in a war between gods, played out on the streets of New York City. So far, we've got four episodes out, and new ones are being released every Tuesday. It's inspired by a lot of different stuff, but in particular the magical realism of shows like Lost and Battlestar Galactica, as well as the work of comic book writers like Grant Morrison.

I think a lot of people here would probably dig the show. Even though the show seems far away from Star Wars on the surface, the plot mechanics and character arcs of the trilogy are so ingrained in my mind, they kept finding their way out here. We even initially referred to our protagonist as "the Han Solo character." So give it a look and let me know what you think! You can check out the first episode here.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    For a moment, you had my hopes up thinking Sci-Fi (sorry, Syfy :[face_sigh]: ) was doing a Babylon 5 web series ;)

Sounds interesting, I'll try to take a look soon :)

3. PMthruROTJ

PMthruROTJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 1999
    Sorry to disappoint. A B5 webseries would be awesome, but this is a different, and hopefully equally awesome Third Age!

4. cinecallgal

cinecallgal Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2009
    Hey, this looks pretty cool. Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.