main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Third Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree with a cap for Wilt. Makes perfect sense since the sim favors him so much.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I am in and like the 30 minute cap for the stilt. On my phone so formatting the list to add my name is too much a hassle for a lazy bum like me.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    1) tom (defending champion)
    2) the great no one
    3) sexy boy prenn
    4) JG
    5) PG
    6) Tunick
    7) heels
    8) DLOTE
    9*) RX_Sith
    10*) poo_York_Jedi
    11*)
    12*)

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Since you took the time to look far enough back to the first one and find me, I'll sign up and try again.

1) tom (defending champion)
    2) the great no one
    3) sexy boy prenn
    4) JG
    5) PG
    6) Tunick
    7) heels
    8) DLOTE
    9*) RX_Sith
    10*) poo_York_Jedi
    11*) JediMaster1511
    12*)

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Actually, I just remember you being a Knicks fan from either the NBA thread or the NY thread. Either way, welcome back.

Should I just sign up xblackout for the last spot so we can get going? And maybe she can talk LloydChristmas into co-GMing with her?

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Okay okay but since we're obviously basing our team in Cleveland you should just give us the 1st pick already.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    If I end up drafting Shaq, I'll trade him to your squad Lloyd, but only for something or someone interesting in return. :p

10. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I will do it if absolutely necessary, but I have very, very irregular net access.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Google Fiber can help with an irregular internet

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    LETS GET IT ON

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Before we get started, a few ground rules.

1) You have 24 hours to make a selection. You do not need to take all 24 hours. In fact, it's better if you take less time. You are always more than welcome to PM your pick ahead of time.
    2) If you don't select within 24 hours, you will be bumped. This is a "rolling" bump, meaning you can pick at any time, but anyone else after can pick in order and you'll keep sliding down.
    3) If you get bumped twice, your spot can be taken. (If you want to get on the back-up list, let me know)
    4) Don't edit a post in which you draft someone. It gives the impression you might have changed your mind. That's cheating. There are no taksie-backsies in the Basketball Draft.
    5) Every player who ever played in the NBA or ABA is eligible. When drafting, please note both the name of the player you are drafting and the season/year you are drafting them from.
    6) Once a player has been drafted, you cannot draft them. Even in a different year. Even if they changed their name.
    7) Don't draft LeBron James from the Miami Heat.
    8) If you draft Wilt Chamberlain his in-game target minutes cannot exceed 30.
    9) Eventually, you will need to name a head coach and an arena. The head coach does not impact the game, the arena is actually used in the sim. You'll also want to create a team name. If you want, colors, mascot, logo, etc. No cheerleaders.
    10) Don't bring drama into the thread. If you do, I will take away your next draft spot and randomly assign you a player. You will get someone along the lines of Anthony Bennett (2013-14), Eddy Curry (2006-07), Kwame Brown (2009-10), or Shawn Bradley (1993-94).
    11) Trades are welcome at any time. They cannot involve only draft picks, and must include at least one player. The commish has the right to do one of four things to any trade: 1) Approve it. 2) Deny It. 3) Approve it, pending the execution of picks to reduce complexity. 4) Defer to the Deputy Commish to do one of 1-3.
    12) I reserve the right to make up additional ground rules.

And, now ... the order. We'll snake this, meaning it reverses every round.

Round One

1. heels - on the clock
    2. BlackoutChristmas
    3. DLOTE
    4. NYJ
    5. PG
    6. TAFKA Trimaj
    7. tom
    8. Tunes
    9. JM1511
    10. Gunny
    11. RX_Sith
    12. PRENN

Round Two

1. PRENN
    2. RX_Sith
    3. Gunny
    4. JM1511
    5. Tunes
    6. tom
    7. TAFKA Trimaj
    8. PG
    9. NYJ
    10. DLOTE
    11. BlackoutChristmas
    12. heels

And ... let's get it on.

heels1785 is on the clock.

14. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Can I go ahead and name my arena and coach now, DarthIntegral?

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes. Any time between now and start of season. You can even pretend to be Dan Gilbert and hire a coach, fire him, hire another coach, fire him, hire back the first coach, fire him again, and then settle on another coach.

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Jeff Van Gundy at MSG then

[​IMG]

DarthTunick likes this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, damn. I guess Pat Riley at Jay-Z's new palace, or whatever. Barclays Center, that's my arena.

20. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm fairly sure you can have the same arena as someone else.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll hang out in Brooklyn, all good. You enjoy James Dolan.

Darth_Furio and xblackout like this.
  22. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Historical venues are also available.

Inty is Rule 7 legit?

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Rule #7 is more what you'd call a guideline than an actual rule.

24. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Aye, hang rule 7. :)

25. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Despite some early offseason drama (we've got a new head coach), the L.A. Courtsiders are ready for the new season, ready to draft well!

Our home arena:

[​IMG]

The always classy Forum.

Remaining on as entertainment & promotions czar:

[​IMG]

Jackie Moon, pictured there with Courtsiders television play-by-play announcer, Dick Pepperfield!

The new head coach...

[​IMG]

Welcome back, Phil! Hope you enjoyed the conciliatory peace pipe.

We're not letting how terribly awful our last season went dampen the mood around here... just taken a look at this particular fan:

[​IMG].